Thread: What Fe-Valuing looks like: videos, pics

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What Fe-Valuing looks like: videos, pics

I find the distinction between valuing Fe and Fi has helped me in typing certain people. So I thought it might be useful to give some examples. Here is a fun video of Adam Sandler and Chris Rock interviewing each other. I type Rock as ILE and Sandler as SEI.
    Last edited by Iris; 04-17-2014 at 05:08 PM.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is Amy Poehler (ESE) contrasted with Fi-valuing Ellen (IEE)
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think Stephen Colbert is Fe-valuing?

Last edited by Park; 04-19-2014 at 07:39 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post

He is hilarious
    "Moral crusaders with zeal but no ethical understanding are likely to give us solutions that are worse than the problems."
    Charles Colson, How Now Shall We Live?

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think typing celebrities who are inclined to joke around is not a good representation of Fe and what that means
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

liked maritsa's post

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielle View Post
    He is hilarious
    I like his courage and candidness.

And I don't think he's Fe valuing.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park, for some reason Colbert seems to hard for me to figure out right now. It has been a long day! The alter-ego thing make me think I need a drink. Thank goodness it is after 5.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    1. Why not?

2. If you oppose, then what solution do you offer for seeing what Fe 'looks like' in this thread?
    Because any type can joke and find things to joke about. That goes among a long list of things that are not type related.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How Aristocratic of you.

Perhaps some people notice that the specific THINGS that people joke about are indicative of a person's type. If someone laughs at a dead-baby joke, I would type them differently than someone who laughs at a baby putting on the wrong color shoe, or someone laughing about how someone always shows up late to work. See, I've said this before, that the humor people use is indicative of type, since it's still a reflection of their perception of reality and what they are noticing, which directly correlates to Socionics theory. Since people generally use their Demonstrative function humorously, you can get a very strong idea of someone's type by considering what they find funny.
    Yes. So fun and funny is not resorted to one type. It's not proprietary.
    And for Chris's sake also, me writing in bold noticeable letters is not being LOUD and using or preferring Se. That's another not type related thing.
    -

I saw this video of Paul Walker and Jessica Alba a while ago and thought it was a good example of an Fi valuer vs an Fe valuer (Paul being the former, Jessica the latter):
    edit actually I am not sure if Jessica is really an Fe valuer or just pretending to be one, being an actress and female and all... (probably lots of pressure to act that way in hollywood)
    edit2: actually it seems more like Paul is (was) a Ti-valuer rather than an Fi devaluer, and jessica is an Fi valuer with a developed Fe... I'm guessing she's IEE, and Paul is SLE. Paul subtly tries to goad her into "being real " the way I suppose an IEI might do to an SLE

Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 04-23-2014 at 01:58 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Woah, calm down Maritsa, you don't need to write 'loud' in all-capital letters. I can hear you typing from LA. Don't forget about your neighbors, bless their heart.

But seriously, writing in bold, noticeable letters or all-capital letters could perhaps be type-related. I wouldn't suggest it being related to Se but perhaps Fe. So would using a "" smiley face.

Why wouldn't the way someone types be type-related? Isn't the way we communicate type-related? Can't you type someone by how they talk, what they say, etc? If typing and communicating over the internet is a form of communication, why wouldn't it be type-related?
    Because internally one may scream and externally they may be calm. How do you know which one the person is? Fi is just as capable of having emotions and speaking of them LOUDLY without saying it
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    I saw this video of Paul Walker and Jessica Alba a while ago and thought it was a good example of an Fi valuer vs an Fe valuer (Paul being the former, Jessica the latter):

That's correct
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That would still be perceived in the way things are communicated over the internet, though. Just as Fe and Fi types communicate differently in-person, you could expect to notice tendencies and differences with how they communicate online.

Brb, gotta restart my computer to complete a virus-scan, so if you reply again --- don't touch that dial! I'll be back.
    Exactly. The things communicated in writing are deceptive. So watch out
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"You want to say the right things."
    That is Clear indication of how you want to be perceived therefore that is Te base with impression of Si. Fi Value "you'll always be a friend of mine." LSE friendship is very important to them. "I don't think you can plan something like that" finds things that can be planned is very objective. "That feels really good" finds things that are internally pleasant or have been and expresses those things. "I'd really like to do what he does." Te.

Jessica Alba is ESE she asks the question starring straight at him to see how he will react. Fe is socially focused "do the other options because people will be supportive." "You're just lucky" lean mean...repeats things to grab a hold of a particular angle of expression "you like stirring the pot a little" was said by Paul Walker about her. She does stir the pot as an Fe base type.

This is my analysis.
    -

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colbert has collectivist intelligence, which would lean me to say he's probably Fe-valuing.
    "Moral crusaders with zeal but no ethical understanding are likely to give us solutions that are worse than the problems."

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Colbert has collectivist intelligence, which would lean me to say he's probably Fe-valuing.
    You know who does that so well? Jon Stewart of the Daily Show. He's infamous for that.
    -

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collectivism is usually attributed to Aristocratic quadras, namely Beta and Delta.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p..._and_democracy
    Aristocrats: Ethical intuitive types create new groups ("inhabitants of suburbs", "typical representative of a new generation of goalkeepers")—adding up or summing up certain cumulative features which are inherent in the majority. Logical sensing types use these groupings that have been created by ethical intuitives, switching to their strong logical function and building a system of personal relations on its basis.
    Colbert comes across as a geeky Alpha on first sight, but when you start following him closely, you'll see how Te dominates his Fe. He consistently makes fun of people disregarding facts or downplaying factual accuracy and common sense, a simple example being the white house speech where he sarcastically refers to embarrassing factual mistakes as secondary to "speaking from the heart" and making decisions based on "gut feeling." His collectivistic views and concerns are quite straightforward and down-to-earth, not grand or overly idealistic (Delta > Beta). He mocks the people while looking in their faces (ST), trying to deliver uncomfortable facts sardonically, but is careful as to not come across as overly offensive or convey ill intent. He delivers his laughs through Te. He is playful and convivial (Si/Ne), but I wouldn't say he's that overtly expressive emotionally (Fe). I think Delta ST is a good fit for him, my best assessment being Si-LSE.

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collectivism is usually attributed to Aristocratic quadras, namely Beta and Delta.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p..._and_democracy

Yeah, park. Understood. I am treating (looking at) Fe vs. Fi distinctively from quadra influence. I guess I didn't make that clear. Maybe I should have been more explicit and written the following; Colbert has collectivist intelligence, which technically, is attributed to people in the Beta and Delta quadra.

From the descriptions I have read of those two quadra, he does seem to fit - more than he seems to fit either Alpha or Gamma quadra.

As for Fe or Fi, Colbert's specific way of using his collectivist intelligence favours Fe moreso than Fi, as I understand those two information elements.

The salient feature of his Ethics, as far as I can tell from watching him, is the dynamic aspect of his Ethics Element. He doesn't let things sit. He makes fun of people based on racial stereotype, but more instructively he uses meme-type intelligence to his own benefit, for example when mentioning that he is Irish-American. Basically that little 'drop' into the faux diatribe to clear something up, has a lot of Ethical weight to it. It is Fe-Heavy as I see it. The stereotype of the verbally sparring Irishmen in a Boston pub who just likes to get in a few rounds of joking, basically alleviates a ton of possible offensiveness that might be taken with his jokes.

I think Fe is way-way better at that kind of manipulation. An Fi-valuing when making judgments, can be insulting without even trying.

"Extroverted ethics is an extroverted, rational, and dynamic information"

"Even after explosive arguments, these types find it hard to hold grudges, and can tolerate people they in principle don't like, as long as the situation is primarily social and doesn't require too close contact. They prefer misgivings to be out in the open; they believe that the silent treatment is one of the worst things you can do to a person, and only aggravates the underlying problem."

source: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/i...on_elements/Fe

Colbert comes across as a geeky Alpha on first sight, but when you start following him closely, you'll see how Te dominates his Fe. He consistently makes fun of people disregarding facts or downplaying factual accuracy and common sense, a simple example being the white house speech where he sarcastically refers to embarrassing factual mistakes as secondary to "speaking from the heart" and making decisions based on "gut feeling." His collectivistic views and concerns are quite straightforward and down-to-earth, not grand or overly idealistic (Delta > Beta). He mocks the people while looking in their faces (ST), trying to deliver uncomfortable facts sardonically, but is careful as to not come across as overly offensive or convey ill intent. He delivers his laughs through Te. He is playful and convivial (Si/Ne), but I wouldn't say he's that overtly expressive emotionally (Fe). I think Delta ST is a good fit for him, my best assessment being Si-LSE.

This is a very detailed analysis.

I don't know his type. But, I've read that when not "on" he his rather serious, introverted and nerdy. What I pick up mostly from him is possible Ni-Lead. I could see him as maybe an IEI, whichcan be absurdly 'out there' when in free reign creative expression mode. He also has that fragile 'could weep at any moment' (not that he would, he just looks like he could), look in his eyes that I associate with INFp.

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFp is a pretty good typing for him.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Even after explosive arguments, these types find it hard to hold grudges, and can tolerate people they in principle don't like, as long as the situation is primarily social and doesn't require too close contact. They prefer misgivings to be out in the open; they believe that the silent treatment is one of the worst things you can do to a person, and only aggravates the underlying problem."

source: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/i...on_elements/Fe
    LOL, that's probably the only part of all Fe descriptions that I actually relate to myself.

Anyways, to me Ni ego sounds preposterous for Colbert.

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park

We were talking about you? I thought we were talking about Stephen Colbert.

"preposterous" ooookay

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park

We were talking about you? I thought we were talking about Stephen Colbert.
    We were talking about Colbert. I just made a little drift, if you catch my drift.

"preposterous" ooookay
    Why, you don't like that word?

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it. It's a funny word. Say it out loud. Pree pozz ter US It's strangely satisfying. Back to the drawing board, for me! Yeah, I believe I catch your drift, @Park.

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it. It's a funny word. Say it out loud. Pree pozz ter US It's strangely satisfying. Back to the drawing board, for me! Yeah, I believe I catch your drift, @Park.
    No, it's pr(e)-poss-CHuh-russ.

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's pr(e)-poss-CHuh-russ.
    Where in the world are you from?

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaand we’re back with more Fi/Fe valuing comparisons from Iris. Please take all of this with a grain of salt in case I am wrong.
    Since using comedians to contrast the various Fe/Fi approaches to humor is considered by some members to be a fail, I will instead introduce some chefs who all have a great deal of experience in the kitchen. Thusly we can examine the nuances of their valued functions as they perform a similar activity.
    Introducing the Deens: - Bobby (ILE) Si, Ne, Fe valuing – this means Alpha or Delta. I believe Fe is his mobilizing function and Si his suggestive function. He is his mother’s activity partner and greatly appreciates her Fe. His movements in the kitchen are not as relaxed and natural as a sensor’s. Watch him with his mother in this video: http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/bo...h-0125741.html
    It is especially noticeable watching his face and mouth as he measures ingredients in this video beginning at about 1:45.

Contrast him with the Beta EP behavior of Rachel Ray (who is a chef with Si ignoring.)

- Paula (ESE) Si, Ne, Fe valuing as well. She is a sensor, very relaxed and natural both in her physical movements and her Fe delivery is effortless as well.

-Jamie (LSE) Si,Ne valuing, but not Fe valuing. I believe he is an LSE. His Fe is more understated than his mother and brother’s. You also see a greater focus on efficiency and simplicity in his technique (Te.)
    http://www.ulive.com/video/dads-day-...d-crunch-salad
    I believe he displays Delta values rather than Alpha. The Deen brothers’ shows reflect their quadra values. Bobby’s show focuses on his Ti Creative reinvention of his mother’s recipes (Alpha.) Jamie’s show focuses on family involvement, quality of food, efficiency of preparation (Delta.) The latter is especially noticeable in his series of How To videos. Here is one about caring for your cast iron:
    Jamie might laugh and joke and throw food around, but he is EJ not EP temperament. His personal syle of dress, and his kitchen, and his food look good, which would also be typical of an LSE. Obviously this family has stylists, but looking past that you can still see that he is a very buttoned-down individual. Because of the valued Si, he is not LSI.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where in the world are you from?
    Early 20th century New York.

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early 20th century New York.

Ah.Good to know where to place you. That would make you either fairly old or a time traveler. Or were you being metaphorical with the "early"?

But, seriously. Do you in fact pronounce preposterous, with a "ch" sound?

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I pronounce the "t" in preposterous the same as in "fortune," and the first "e" as "ih" (as in "sit"). No "z" in place of the "s," either.
    Last edited by Park; 04-24-2014 at 09:50 PM.

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I pronounce the "t" in preposterous the same as in "fortune,"

and the first "e" as "ih" (as in "sit"). No "z" in place of the "s," either.
    I pronounce the first 'e' as a short 'e' as in the word metropolitan or met for short.

No "z". I was just being dramatic.

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I've said it out loud a couple of (hundred) times, I notice that the t sometimes comes out more like a true t and other times is closer to the ch sound. The latter happens more often. I was going to record myself saying it, but my phone just died. Crap.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No "z". I was just being dramatic.
    Well, DUH! You're an EIE. I should have known.