Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shower me with your base function

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indigo should not be consider an official "color of the rainbow". The colors of the rainbow are generally considered red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. The three primary colors are red, blue, and yellow. Green, orange, and "violet" are secondary colors (made by mixing two primary colors). Indigo, however, is not. It's a tertiary color (made by mixing a primary color with a secondary color).

Furthermore, if you look at a rainbow, the violet and blue side doesn't take up any more space than the orange and red side.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eff it. No function can exist in a complete vacuum.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol hard to come by with a decent example of Ti without sounding like a moralising, nitpicky, pretentious dick. no wonder I often use my Se as 1st
    lol but in short -- Ti-leading often has problems with badly constructed, contradictory (oxy)morons.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I firmly believe there is a problem with the English alphabet. Namely, the letters C, Q, and X. The letter C may make the S or K sound, but has no sound of its own. It obviously needs to go. The letter Q has the strange need of the letter U after it in most instances. This is inefficient. The letter Q itself only makes the KW sound, which KW does as well as QU. The Q obviously needs to go. The letter X makes the KS sound. This letter is also unecessary. It obviously needs to go.

Another problem is the lack of a letter to signify the SH, TH, and CH sounds. These sounds are seperate sounds, and it is illogical to make them by combining two letters whose sounds are not the sound made.

I propose that the alphabet be altered in order to make phonetics more efficient and practical. The C can make the SH sound, the Q can make the TH sound, and the X can make the CH sound. This will solve the above problems without needing to relearn the alphabet.
    croatian alphabet is the answer to your prayers!

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I firmly believe there is a problem with the English alphabet. Namely, the letters C, Q, and X. The letter C may make the S or K sound, but has no sound of its own. It obviously needs to go. The letter Q has the strange need of the letter U after it in most instances. This is inefficient. The letter Q itself only makes the KW sound, which KW does as well as QU. The Q obviously needs to go. The letter X makes the KS sound. This letter is also unecessary. It obviously needs to go.

Another problem is the lack of a letter to signify the SH, TH, and CH sounds. These sounds are seperate sounds, and it is illogical to make them by combining two letters whose sounds are not the sound made.

I propose that the alphabet be altered in order to make phonetics more efficient and practical. The C can make the SH sound, the Q can make the TH sound, and the X can make the CH sound. This will solve the above problems without needing to relearn the alphabet.
    English pronunciation is terrible.
    http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2011/12/23/...pronunciation/

You'd love finnish. Each letter is pronunced the same in every context and word. As long as you know the sound for each letter, you can read finnish aloud and be understood even if you don't understand anything you're saying.
    Last edited by willekeurig; 07-31-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    English pronunciation is terrible.
    http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2011/12/23/...pronunciation/

You'd love finnish. Each letter is pronunced the same
    How do you know what people are saying if everything sounds like "brfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffff"?

And yes, that was my example for Ne as base.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Now
    No!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your friendship makes me feel good. It's a good idea to hang out. That person is terrible. (Characters and relationship, judgement and personal feelings)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

It is strange how my days all seem to be merging lately. I had so much to post about, but now I am not quite sure of the sequence of events and what was real and what was a dream. Oh well...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buckets r good for things.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Behold! Those who challenge me are fated to die!"
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're missing the potential of x to make a z sound as in xylophone. That being said, wouldn't the IPA make more sense? Each character is specifically it's own sound, and all the work has been done already. Ironically there are 44 sounds. 44 characters with maximum efficiency. More than what we have now, but none are unnecessary or seemingly random. I can see this being a very good substitute, however a complete waste of time because I doubt we can get 335 Million people to agree that air is good let alone to move over to a completely new system. You seem smart if misguided I bet you'd be better off at actually tackling important issues than attempting to fix things that aren't broken. Have you considered a career in politics (I jest).

TIM
    Unknown
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if there was a box buried in your backyard, so that if you tried to open it, it would teleport you to a world full of nothing but rhinoserouses having sex? But, if in this world, you found a remote control and pressed the volume up button 15 times, you would be teleported to another world where nobody does anything but play the piano all day. The government issues sheet music every morning for people to play, and people communicate with each other through music.

What if we could find a wavelength of light such that it causes a sensation, but is not harmful, and we could use this for massages, sex, and a wide variety of other things?

What if there was a religion devoted to peanut butter where, in order to cleanse your sins, you immersed yourself in a vat of boiling peanut butter for 3 days?

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much work.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234