Thread: Leadership

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Leadership

Gulenko says the central/leaders types are EIE, LSI, SLE (volitional triad) and SEE, LIE, ILI (pragmatic triad). This might solidify at the most intense levels of competitions though. And obviously there are outliers like Mitt Romney (LSE, 3w2). Stereotypically, E3 and E8 are the leaders. Based on your own experience: What do you think?

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are many different kinds of leaders.
    An E9 may not be the image of leadership in the conventional 'take over' way; but I think that a leader is simply someone who sets a notable example...and anyone is capable of doing that, it just depends on what scale you are talking about, and in what area.

E1s can be leaders in their righteousness.*
    E2s can be leaders in their giving nature.*
    E3s can be leaders in the way you are describing.*
    E4s can be leaders in their expressiveness.*
    E5s can be leaders in their exactingness.*
    E6s can be leaders in their loyalty.*
    E7s can be leaders in their adventurousness.*
    E8s can be leaders in the way you described yet again.*
    E9s can be leaders in their acceptingness.*

* --- plus any other trait/strength ever.

Leadership isn't just the dominating kind that is so pushed in American society.
    Think of the father who raises his children alone. Think of the production line worker who stands up for what is right. Think of all the millions of people who have made a difference for more than just accomplishing societally-revered things and being bosses of companies. While those people are leaders as well, there are tons of other leaders.
    Stereotypes are best tossed in the bin.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@fen: I agree with what you said. However, I'm asking as I want to know what I most likely can expect from future bosses.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ieist View Post
    @fen: I agree with what you said. However, I'm asking as I want to know what I most likely can expect from future bosses.
    I'm not trying to be condescending at all...truly, but not every boss you have is going to be an E3 or E8. My dad owned a company and he's like a 6w5 or 9w8 or something.
    Getting too pedantic about this stuff will only stress you out. You can't predict what your bosses will be like. They are all individuals with huge amounts of complexity. You will have to adapt to your boss and do what is required to the best of your ability. Just breathe. It'll be alright....
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fen View Post
    I'm not trying to be condescending at all...truly, but not every boss you have is going to be an E3 or E8. My dad owned a company and he's like a 6w5 or 9w8 or something.
    Getting too pedantic about this stuff will only stress you out. You can't predict what your bosses will be like. They are all individuals with huge amounts of complexity. You will have to adapt to your boss and do what is required to the best of your ability. Just breathe. It'll be alright....
    6w5s can be sneaky as hell. Just look at Edgar Hoover... 9w8s seem pretty strategic as well.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can be a great leader, but I'm better as a support network, a behind the scenes deal.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5s can be sneaky as hell.
    Suddenly demons!

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also depends on what line of work you're doing. Your future bosses could be chosen because they're really good at whatever you're doing, and so they've been promoted in order to help other employees reach a similar level of skill, or to oversee the decision-making processes without needing to the technical execution of them. And also the kind of things required of the boss: whether they're required to have lots of volition force or something like that. Essentially non-Socionics related stuff can mean people are promoted to be a boss of others.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leader is not born but it is made.by practice.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I can be a great leader, but I'm better as a support network, a behind the scenes deal.
    And I'm best at second-place so I can organize everything but point at someone else when asked who's in charge. (Power without responsibility?)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A leader is any person with the ability to influence others, so any type with money and/or power is a leader... Neil Gaiman is an IEI and is still more influential than a common ENTj that has yet to achieve success...

Other people might not have societal success but they have a physical presence that enables them to lead, which is sort of your average high school male. The other boys look up to him because of his alpha male king of the jungle type of thing. Now to a high profile new york jew lawyer, this type of person isn't any more powerful than a common flea, but it depends on your location and how you find your own strengths and what you are really good at.

I lead people through writing and storytelling and art. A lot of people dug my 16types adventures novel. I lack a physical presence irl, I'm shy and weak and faggy - but I have strong magic powers and this ability to just summon stories out of my asshole. Any type of power somebody has translates to their power to lead others. We each just has to find out what that is.

Fen is right, ditch the stereotypes. An LSE or LIE can actually be very emo and not realize their own strengths and can be very emo/depressed and victim-y to everybody else's sense of influence rather than their own. It's not really type related IMO.