Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why are some people attracted, or indifferent to, fat people?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why are some people attracted, or indifferent to, fat people?

I just don't get it. It seems nasty, not to mention unhygienic.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I don't mean "slightly fat" or just husky. I'm talking Rosie O'Donnell.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    And I don't mean "slightly fat" or just husky. I'm talking Rosie O'Donnell.
    lol. and Rosie is not even _that_ fat, as far as fat goes in the USA.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    lol, that's what i was thinking...haha.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Yeah, what a pathetic country we are.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+2
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I even start to dislike my cat since it got fat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reasoning behind fetishes is often rather hard to define, let alone explain. For the most part it's somewhere between desperation and the excitement of the forbidden.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, some people like being fat.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Hey, some people like being fat.
    Yeah... fat people.

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Cyclops

Why are you attracted to Joy? I just don't get it.

(que: this isn't serious Joy, i simply think your boyfriend is being a prick.)

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I even start to dislike my cat since it got fat.
    lol
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Being extremely fat says something about their character imo.
    Or their genes.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or their jeans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Or their genes.
    yes, everyone knows that your genes play a huge part in how you look.

Every week, my mother tells my dad that he eats twice as much as my grandfather did, and he gains no weight doing it. My mother eats a little junk food and any dieting she does goes away. I eat whatever I want, any time I want, and I still weight 125 pounds on a 68 inch frame. That might not stay that way though.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

Last edited by Diana; 12-07-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not attracted to people with other genetic issues either, like Down's Syndrome for instance. You know, be as PC as you want, but that doesn't change what people do and don't find attractive. If someone finds genetic issues like extreme weight gain problems attractive, good for them. I don't. Whether it's poor character, an illness, or genetics really doesn't matter.

I guess it just bothers me when people pull out the "inner beauty" thing, because it's bullshit. You can overlook some things, and a person can become more attractive to you as you get to know them, but to not care at all about things like that. Total BS.
    lmao. i love you, diana. i mean it. <3
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not attracted to people with other genetic issues either, like Down's Syndrome for instance. You know, be as PC as you want, but that doesn't change what people do and don't find attractive. If someone finds genetic issues like extreme weight gain problems attractive, good for them. I don't. Whether it's poor character, an illness, or genetics really doesn't matter.

I guess it just bothers me when people pull out the "inner beauty" thing, because it's bullshit. You can overlook some things, and a person can become more attractive to you as you get to know them, but to not care at all about things like that. Total BS.
    I agree completely
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Cyclops

You know, this highlights your prejudice..eg it's poor character, bad genes, an illness. It's all poor this and that..

Let me tell you something. A person can become very fat even if they are an extremely hard worker. Becoming very fat is not an overnight thing.

A person can spend almost all their time working in the office and driving to meet clients in their car that over the years their weight just keeps piling on. When you add their hard working, their metabolism slowing down in their thirties and forties, and weak S by living like this and only getting the chance to eat junk food on the go from take away shops and garages and such, that you end up with someone who is a very hard worker, trapped inside a body that crept up on them. You know, such a person could be an ENTj.

You suck!

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You know, this highlights your prejudice..eg it's poor character, bad genes, an illness. It's all poor this and that..

Let me tell you something. A person can become very fat even if they are an extremely hard worker. Becoming very fat is not an overnight thing.

A person can spend almost all their time working in the office and driving to meet clients in their car that over the years their weight just keeps piling on. When you add their hard working, their metabolism slowing down in their thirties and forties, and weak S by living like this and only getting the chance to eat junk food on the go from take away shops and garages and such, that you end up with someone who is a very hard worker, trapped inside a body that crept up on them. You know, such a person could be an ENTj.

You suck!
    That doesn't mean she's obligated to be attracted to them.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    That doesn't mean she's obligated to be attracted to them.
    You miss the point, her last post was judging them on apparent poor genes, that they are ill. Basically they are weak.

The thread starter was judging 'them' and I use the inverted comas as I evolve my point, in the one group.

Now, wither you or him or anyone else finds 'them' attractive or not, there are plenty people who look at the reasons for a person being in whatever way you don't like, not just what they look like. And there are even more plenty people who are attracted to someone who would even, to a point, sacrifice themselves to provide a living and support their family.

If you ever have to live on the street (i dunno, a drastic suggestion, seeing as your parents seem to be very supportive of you?), you will appreciate a partner as a hardworker. As it stands, maybe you will have the imagination to look past things, and not just weight, maybe you feel that way about other things.

So here we can have a 'fatty' who got there by working hard, wants to and does provide for his family. Plenty people I know find that attractive alone.

Either way, it's a silly hypothetical question and thread. I'm done.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you attracted to Joy? I just don't get it.

(que: this isn't serious Joy, i simply think your boyfriend is being a prick.)
    Wow, suddenly fat people are attractive to me.

Creepy-Cyclops

Wow, suddenly fat people are attractive to me.
    Seeing as you live with your partner, I don't know, married? You should be focusing on her not on your fat fetish. Unless your trying to tub her up. Heh, I wonder in all seriousness if you would stop loving her if what gradually happened in my last post actually happened with you-her.

Again, really done with this thread now!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diana, I'm not saying anything about what you should or shouldn't find attractive; I just think it's faulty to make strict character judgments about people based on their physical form. Saying that obesity says something about a person's character is a gross over-generalization at best.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    I agree that such types of jobs limit many peoples' ability to exercise consistently. But that doesn't necessitate that their weight 'keeps piling on', nor is driving around all day an excuse to eat McDonalds. There are other options out there, and a person can pack healthy snacks to take along during their day if they are that rushed. Also, the fact that metabolism slows down over time shouldn't matter too much, as long as the person maintains a healthy, balanced diet.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I agree that such types of jobs limit many peoples' ability to exercise consistently. But that doesn't necessitate that their weight 'keeps piling on', nor is driving around all day an excuse to eat McDonalds. There are other options out there, and a person can pack healthy snacks to take along during their day if they are that rushed. Also, the fact that metabolism slows down over time shouldn't matter too much, as long as the person maintains a healthy, balanced diet.
    Yeah your right, and I said i'm done with this thread! Well I really am now.

I want to say I don't disagree with you, but I also want to say i'm older than you and worked for a few years. I have had jobs which are very stressful and the money earned was poor compensation in a way for me starting at eight am and falling asleep in bed at round midnight trying to keep on top of things. Now this wasn't good for me, I moved on to something else. I'm just saying that the world deals us cards sometimes that we play or re-deal for something better mate.

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah when it comes down to it, even though I've tried to convince myself of otherwise, the attraction thing is just there or it isn't, and when I'm first attracted to someone, the physical aspects are very integral. I'm just as superficial as anyone else.

Now whether "genetic issues" are really genetic issues and somehow unchangeable, is a different issue. For example, most of the medical community thinks imperfect eyesight is genetic (and therefore incurable so they use cover ups like prescription lenses or laser surgery as a crutch) when there have been countless examples of people going from high prescriptions to perfect eyesight through methods of relaxation and changing the way they see. So who knows, maybe other "genetic issues" we see as lost causes are not really lost...but I'm digressing.

So to write someone off as a "lost case" when you sense hidden potential is something hard for me to do. Like say if someone has big anxiety issues but I really think they're good looking and really like who they are without the anxiety, I don't think I'll write them off.

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
    Depends. If they're extremely fat because of an illness ... :wink:
    There are ill people in every country. Yet all the REALLY fat people walk the streets of USA. I have been walking around a bit more in USA by now and I am a witness to this. Estonian "fat" is also fat in USA, but the real USA fat is something that Estonians NEVER see in Estonia. Now why is that, if it's just an illness? Are Estonians immune? Or is it just that the USA fat are sadly over-eating?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

giggle-giggle YAY!!! AGREED!

Just as a side-comment, I am genetically a fat person. It is very easy to gain and I was somewhat round-cheeked in my childhood. It's just obsession with food that keeps me having the body that I have. And it takes a lot of character to not buy sweets or even bread for almost a week when it's what I think about so often. I feel it is even more justified for me to look at a fat person with very little pity and think, "you did the over-eating, you pay the price."

To be honest, the fat people (up to 250 pounds) in USA are better people than the fat people in Estonia. Since it's more rare Estonia, almost all of them have distorted personalities. They are either really shy and introverted, having very little personality at all, or they have exagerated personality to show that they have "inner beauty". Here in USA the fat person can be a very normal friendly person with just a bigger body.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing as you live with your partner, I don't know, married? You should be focusing on her not on your fat fetish. Unless your trying to tub her up. Heh, I wonder in all seriousness if you would stop loving her if what gradually happened in my last post actually happened with you-her.

Again, really done with this thread now!
    Are you fat?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Yeah when it comes down to it, even though I've tried to convince myself of otherwise, the attraction thing is just there or it isn't, and when I'm first attracted to someone, the physical aspects are very integral. I'm just as superficial as anyone else.
    I don't think it's superficial, which is why I agreed so much with Diana. We have a natural sense of these things; sure there's more that appears in time, but immediate impressions communicate a lot.

Now whether "genetic issues" are really genetic issues and somehow unchangeable, is a different issue. For example, most of the medical community thinks imperfect eyesight is genetic (and therefore incurable so they use cover ups like prescription lenses or laser surgery as a crutch) when there have been countless examples of people going from high prescriptions to perfect eyesight through methods of relaxation and changing the way they see. So who knows, maybe other "genetic issues" we see as lost causes are not really lost...but I'm digressing.
    That's interesting, although I don't really know to what degree intrinsic beauty can be altered, aside from cosmetic surgery, which doesn't even alter it that much anyway. I really think attractiveness is pretty concrete and self-explanatory.

So to write someone off as a "lost case" when you sense hidden potential is something hard for me to do. Like say if someone has big anxiety issues but I really think they're good looking and really like who they are without the anxiety, I don't think I'll write them off.
    If I see potential for them to improve their looks, I might keep in contact (peripherally) to see if they do so, then probably give them more attention, lol. If I find a girl physically attractive and see an area I can help her in, I would probably do it, assuming I sensed the depth and intelligence in her to put forth the collaborative effort. But most of the time I don't bend standards; it's not my problem to take care of someone else's baggage. Like, there's this girl who lives across the street from me, who could be decent looking (7-7.5) if she lost some weight and stopped smoking, but I know she won't. So while I can appreciate her personality, I really have no intention on hanging out with her, because what is there to gain? I can have good discussions with family, people on aim, the phone, whatever; I don't need to deign to entertain a girl who is not in my league just because it's fun to interact with an interesting personality or whatever. If she was hot and had the same personality, I would have been much more forward. Even if she was hot with an average personality, I'd still hang out with her here and there, because at least then you can hook up, instead of waste time on some pointless discussion.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast