Thread: Socionic Types and HSP's (highly sensitive persons)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionic Types and HSP's (highly sensitive persons)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person

I think, most likely :

1. ILI
    2. SEI
    3. EIE
    4. IEI

Then, it depends more of variants of types. For example, S- and N+ are HSP "factors" (most likely HSP's are Intimate variants of types Four, Six and Eight). For example, it's not hard to imagine a LIE -+0 as overly sensitive.

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with SEI - it's the most (or at least one of the most) reckless type, while HSP: "regular sensory information is processed and analyzed to a greater extent"

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends bro, I've been highly sheltered all my life.

I am extroverted, but I am also HSP in a way. I was crying about my ACT today, away from other people tho, and I was super embarrassed when my mom came in. I had to hold the book in front of my face.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post

I am extroverted, but I am also HSP in a way. I was crying about my ACT today, away from other people tho, and I was super embarrassed when my mom came in. I had to hold the book in front of my face.
    I used to admire SEIs how easily they carry their problems. Does it mean they just hide their real emotions?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person

I think, most likely :

1. ILI
    2. SEI
    3. EIE
    4. IEI

Then, it depends more of variants of types. For example, S- and N+ are HSP "factors" (most likely HSP's are Intimate variants of types Four, Six and Eight). For example, it's not hard to imagine a LIE -+0 as overly sensitive.
    *clears throat* I'm HSP. Not as strongly as some, definitely, but still HSP. It's affected somewhat by my lack of observance (I don't tend to know how others feel about me, which is one of the criteria), but I suspect I might overstimulate more easily than non-HSP extraverts (however, Si weakness and stimulation-craving work against my fixing it). I am inclined to disagree about your S- theory. I highly doubt that we are automatically antisocial. And if we are, it's because we cannot connect with "normal" people, as it were.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 03-28-2008 at 04:29 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post

*pats Kamangir*
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can easily identify as a HSP.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate HSP's.

What's wrong with them ? I don't understand. Why are they so fuckin' sensitive ? Are they fuckin' stupid or what !?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orest Reinn View Post
    I used to admire SEIs how easily they carry their problems. Does it mean they just hide their real emotions?
    Yes, that is correct in my case. I hate showing emotions to my friends or stuff like that. Like if one of my friends hurt me emotionally for example, let's say horribly bad. I am dying on the inside, but I just smile and act callous to it, then go home and be emo for the rest of the day.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i avoid to show emotion to my friend... Anyway, I don't think Im HSP, but lastly im being very sensitive about things. what the fuck is wrong with my life!
    Give me back my gold days!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate HSP's.

What's wrong with them ? I don't understand. Why are they so fuckin' sensitive ? Are they fuckin' stupid or what !?
    No, they are just retarded.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    No, they are just retarded.
    agreed. They are !(great boon) to this world.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orest Reinn View Post
    Yeah - sometimes not consciously though. A little while ago my parents dug out this old video of me singing and playing the ukelele when I was little. I'd never seen it before but I distinctly remembered feeling incredibly nervous - and yet here I am on this video looking so calm and cool and practically bored lol. It really surprised me because I really thought that it would be obvious to everyone when I was nervous.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate HSP's.

I think you are one mach!

that theory is basically a dumbed down version of dabrowski's positive disintegration theory.. which is similar to what Jung calls archaic

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not sure. I think I'm like this, but then again I'm just not used to much external stimulation, and once I get used to it I'm okay. But to me, always having to be showy and rowdy is a weakness and insecurity not a strength- if you act like you always have something to prove by wrestling an alligator just to prove you have balls, I will think you have lots of issues. To me sensitive people are the ones that control the world, for balance purposes God just made y'all emo so you don't use your abilities unwisely. =p

It's like the good guys on Charmed (yeah shut up I love that show) The good guys are like really super dorky and easily bullied/intimidated. Almost every effective hero has that sense of humanity about him. I honestly love people that can open up and show a vulnerability. Sensitive/tortured artists get a lot of pussy as long as you're honest about it. Pour your misery down on me. You can unleash on me, I want that to happen so much actually. I'll just listen and comfort you, I won't judge or tell you what to do. I am a Perfect Angel.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anyway, I don't think Im HSP, but lastly im being very sensitive about things. what the fuck is wrong with my life!
    There's usually a good reason why you're feeling sensitive though. Pay attention to what is happening in your external environment, what people said etc. 9 times out of 10 you had a right to feel sensitive or upset. Also many sensitive people can change a lot just by moving to a better external environment instead of simply trying to change their insides- because that doesn't work as your natural sensitivity is a power damnit. Just look at how sissy emo faggy jewish smelly hippie Jesus was. =p

You're only human, dear. Without fear there could be no courage.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Most of the traits hold true for me...I've actually physically jumped at the sound of sirens. I'm sure you can imagine my embarrassment in such moments, especially since many of these incidents have happened in the middle of crowded Manhattan. I'm usually fairly stoic otherwise, which perhaps makes it even more humorous.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    Most of the traits hold true for me...I've actually physically jumped at the sound of sirens. I'm sure you can imagine my embarrassment in such moments, especially since many of these incidents have happened in the middle of crowded Manhattan. I'm usually fairly stoic otherwise, which perhaps makes it even more humorous.
    I'm am a HSP considering the list of traits in the book.

As an ILE that might seem wierd. I'm not so sure it's type related at all. The general explanation of sensitivity is cortisol production which, could potentially be high in any type?

Anyhow.... yeah jumping at sirens happens to me too. Also bright lights have me developing headaches in no time... :'(

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I'm am a HSP considering the list of traits in the book.

As an ILE that might seem wierd. I'm not so sure it's type related at all. The general explanation of sensitivity is cortisol production which, could potentially be high in any type?

Anyhow.... yeah jumping at sirens happens to me too. Also bright lights have me developing headaches in no time... :'(
    Ha, I actually love staring at lights...guess that's Si vs. Ne for you.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suedehead @Reficulris
    hmm living very near a firestation leaves me rather indifferent to sirens, I do jump up when smn rapidly approaches me or apears where I didn't expect to see them.
    Light can give me headaches, but most likely will have me tear eyes very fast with my eyes running for no reason other than light.
    I've read HSP descriptions before, seem to fit the bill...
    Have you guys considered that maybe we're not HSP but "just" Alphas...?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    @Suedehead @Reficulris
    hmm living very near a firestation leaves me rather indifferent to sirens, I do jump up when smn rapidly approaches me or apears where I didn't expect to see them.
    Light can give me headaches, but most likely will have me tear eyes very fast with my eyes running for no reason other than light.
    I've read HSP descriptions before, seem to fit the bill...
    Have you guys considered that maybe we're not HSP but "just" Alphas...?
    Well, I relate to the emotional/psychological aspect of HSP too...not just the Sensory.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    Well, I relate to the emotional/psychological aspect of HSP too...not just the Sensory.
    yeah, me too. I was just joking