Thread: Type A Couple

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type A Couple

Last edited by Hays; 05-29-2011 at 11:26 PM.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So some info about this couple. These people have been family friends for ages..

Them raising kids:
    The mother says she has the perfect kids and is all impressed by everything they do, only to a few hours later break down and tell us how far off track they are and have a huge drama about it all.
    The father is very non-confrontational. his repsonses are like 'whatever' to any situation and shrugs his shoulders.

They follow my folks around the country when we move to wherever we move.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude INTj, lady ESTj?

Creepy-Snaps

I don't think the guy is INTj... does look XXTj though... ISTj and ESTj seem to make more sense than ENTj to me.

The lady seems F to me, that's the only clear part... she reminds me of my friend Missy... who is also very dramatic, upbeat one sec and crying the next... maybe intuitive? Not sure...

Lol I hate VI. Can you provide more information about them? Besides negative things, like lying about their family (the girl), being passive about decisions (the guy), or stalking following you everywhere you go , can you provide some positive information? What are they good at? What are their unique interests? Sports, hobbies, collections, goals in life, etc.?

Creepy-Snaps

Mmm, I'm going to have to go with ISTj for the guy. Ij temperament seems most common, especially with the phlegmatic nature of not caring, being passive.

For the lady, still unsure, but I'm going to have to guess ESFp. Seems most likely Ep temperament. Outward energy but somehow unfocused. ENFp seems like a good guess too... how well do they get along? .... Slight chance of the guy being ISTp, now that I think about it... hmmm..

More info please.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What meds?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    She and I have a bit of a hit and miss relationship - sometimes I enjoy catching up with her and other times it's so so and sometimes I think that we don't really like one another. I never know if it's because of her medications or what. We always let one another off things and catch up frequently.
    It's like she wants a best friend or sister but I already have a best friend, that's my hubby and I already have 6 sisters and a sister in-law. So there are no real gaps and this ticks her off at times.

The only intuitive that I would consider for her is EIE but since she is so much about I rule that out.

She - Dreams of having her own home one day, living the good life, having everything that everyone else has, loves to buy people their favorite foods as a treat, is very open with others about her love life and likes to joke about, she has a depth to her and at times we have good conversations, is somewhat traditional in beliefs, she can usually take playful joking/teasing and give it back, enjoys regularity in her life - like church, clubs and meeting people on a regular basis, can be generous with words/promises but then wishes she hadn't made those promises, is quite skilled at expressing herself through facial expressions, loves Facebook and runs an online group there, enjoys having people over for bbq's.

He - likes reading about historical figures, has no desire to own a home unless it is the best house in the best street, has taught one of my daughters to drive and was very calm with her the whole time, he goes all silly with Monty Python like jokes and makes us smile because he finds it so entertaining, he becomes alive by talking about doom and gloom occurring in the world, he knows how to fix most practical problems but takes the most cost efficient route - not necessarily the best route, he is very calm with his children and very easy going on them which means his wife has to deal with guidance etc, he loves to eat sticky buns and this is an ongoing joke with him - who knows why...he also jokes a lot about his medicines being happy pills and pulls out the silliest biggest grins thinking it's hilarious, dislikes the supernatural.
    Fi-creative for her using the 'closeness' between you and her whenever she wants?

Maybe they're Gamma SEE-LIE Activity?

He sounds upbeat but laid-back all the time, perhaps like ENTj, and the "cost efficient" route thing sounds very Te, and disliking the supernatural seems very Ne-unvalued.

Completely unsocionics related, I agree they sound a bit crazy. Running a facebook group as your be-all end-all hobby, and making emptry promises, and being overemotional... she sounds like a winner... and him, no goals in life, content being drugged and taking meds, can't be determined in finding work in Australia's 5% unemployment... and I like Monty Python, but he sounds like the kind of git who worships it...

Of course I'm biased, I know how annoying these people can be to you and your family. Haha.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha Dew! I thought you were fast asleep!

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    Haha Dew! I thought you were fast asleep!
    Omg! I'm being stalked on multiple threads!!

Ok, this is my last post, I swear.

G'night Jinxi.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lady doesn't look ethical, just miserable and fake.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESFj and INTj. Just like my mom and dad.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think (I read the descriptions, too) the lady may be ESE and the man SLI. By VI alone I'd have said ESE or LSI for her and ESI for him, so I was close .
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Now that I re-read and think about what I typed up in regards to these two, supervision does seem very likely.
    Also found this description is very spot on for him:http://www.socionics.com/prof/istp2.htm
    So yeah SLI for him and likely ESE for her.
    Though there is very little information to go by imo you might have a supervision chain going with this couple: IEI->ESE->SLI. These comments indicate that you may be her supervisor:

... often she doesn't take the initiative with people and waits for me to do so.
    She kind of latched on to me for some reason some years ago ...drives me insane sometimes but we are good friends...I guess.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    might be supervision relations then, ESFj-ISTp, where she would be in role of supervisor, the other pair is ESTj-INTp but I really don't think this guy is INTp
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    ESFj and INTj. Just like my mom and dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    I think (I read the descriptions, too) the lady may be ESE and the man SLI. By VI alone I'd have said ESE or LSI for her and ESI for him, so I was close .
    Guys... she's not ESFj. I don't see it. Don't be swayed by the 'EVERY MOM IN THE WORLD IS AN ESFj LIKE OMGGGG!!!!!111!!!' bias.

ESFjs are MUCH more outwardly focused than her, and much more varied in emotion. She actually seems emotionally subdued...

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    The lady reminds me of my friend Missy... who is also very dramatic, upbeat one sec and crying the next... maybe intuitive? Not sure...
    I really think that lady is the same type as my friend Missy. Here are some pics: (please don't quote, or I'll have a moderator remove, thanks)

*pictures removed on 5/28/2011*
    Last edited by Snaps; 05-28-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Creepy-Snaps

Remember that she is on medications to calm her emotions. She is actually one of the most emotional people whom I have ever met. Dramas are an everyday occurrence with her and her emotions do vary greatly. She is aware that this is an issue in her life and seeks help for it and is now calming down a bit since reaching mid-life.
    I know. I kept this in mind. Emotionality in itself is actually not type related. She just doesn't seem to interact with people the same way I'd expect an ESE to.

Again, she reminds me through VI a LOT like my friend Missy, what do you think? Missy is also very dramatic, everything you described about your friend could describe her too. She's also very hands-on, likes caring for animals, and wants to help others. And just enjoys relaxing.

I'd even throw out a guess of either ISFp or ISTp at this point. Was never sure what type Missy was, maybe this thread will mutually help us both.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys... she's not ESFj. I don't see it. Don't be swayed by the 'EVERY MOM IN THE WORLD IS AN ESFj LIKE OMGGGG!!!!!111!!!' bias.
    That's not the case, where did you get that? I based my reasoning on that description and also the overall appearance. And btw, I recalled some things and I would include LSE for her, too. But nothing else, say what you want .
    (and also your Missy looks more SEI than ESE, get over it)

Creepy-Snaps

That's not the case, where did you get that? I based my reasoning on that description
    On the description which included a lot of mom-related activities, which tends to make people think ESE.

And btw, I recalled some things and I would include LSE for her, too. But nothing else, say what you want .
    (and also your Missy looks more SEI than ESE, get over it)
    Get over what? I didn't say she was ESE. Thanks for the vote for SEI though. Maybe the lady is SEI too.

So mutually, I guess we both agree that the lady is either Alpha SF or Delta ST. Basically Si Ego.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please tell me a website where I can upload a picture and be able to delete it, which actually works (not Photobucket). I got one who looks very much like your girl, confirmed SEI by the guy who sent me the picture for test purposes.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the description which included a lot of mom-related activities, which tends to make people think ESE.
    Oh, I get it, but I actually analzyed her reactions and it was also that fact that once praises her children and the other time she blames them (or whatever) which doesn't appear too gentle . I know Si-Creative acting like this.
    So mutually, I guess we both agree that the lady is either Alpha SF or Delta ST. Basically Si Ego.
    I guess so, yeah. The idea is that I kinda exclude her being Ip - so I stay at XSE as much as I exclude your girl to be Ej - as much as I can tell, of course.
    (and don't get mad on me, but I don't see them similar, maybe I don't know what to look at)

Creepy-Snaps

Try out Flickr, Zooomr, or Picasa Web Albums.

Creepy-Snaps

Oh, I get it, but I actually analzyed her reactions and it was also that fact that once praises her children and the other time she blames them (or whatever) which doesn't appear too gentle . I know Si-Creative acting like this.

I guess so, yeah. The idea is that I kinda exclude her being Ip - so I stay at XSE as much as I exclude your girl to be Ej - as much as I can tell, of course.
    (and don't get mad on me, but I don't see them similar, maybe I don't know what to look at)
    Ah, gotcha. Well they don't seem *quite* the same visually, but I wonder if that's related to age, different country (Australia versus US), and health, ok versus on meds.

Just from the pictures, she reminded me of the same way Missy would interact with people. Especially with the hugging, facial expressions, etc. So I stick by what I said. Agree to disagree.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's that SEI.

Edit: I can't see the image, if you can't too quote the post and copy the link in your browser.

Creepy-Snaps

Here's that SEI.

Edit: I can't see the image, if you can't too quote the post and copy the link in your browser.
    No problem, I'll just post it for ya via photobucket. Gimme a sec.

Creepy-Snaps

*picture removed on 5/28/2011*
    Last edited by Snaps; 05-28-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Creepy-Snaps

... that girl actually reminds me more of my friend Amber.... DAMMIT, now I'm going to have to post more pictures. Already trying to create a VI thread, aahh!!!

NOT ENOUGH TIME TO WASTE ON 16TYPES!!!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... that girl actually reminds me more of my friend Amber.... DAMMIT, now I'm going to have to post more pictures. Already trying to create a VI thread, aahh!!!
    Thanks for uploadind that. Post a link when you make that thread.

FTR: my friend said that guy is ILI (I VI'ed him Alpha NT IIRC).

Creepy-Snaps

Thanks for uploadind that. Post a link when you make that thread.
    No problem! VI these girls

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, now I'm convinced the OP woman is ESE.

Everything she is interested about is joy, passion, thrill, exaltation - especially that God stuff. I know ESEs similarly obsessed by an idea (ideal), doing everything with that in mind - eg one is with stuff like "The Secret" & wolfberries to live forever - and IMO they like to believe in miracles. In my personal opinion it's worth praising her genuineness regarding her belief, I think you either believe or not. I think however that sometimes she's trying to convince herself - when she's in doubt she repeats herself "I love", "I believe" & stuff to disciplinate her mind, not acknowledging imbalance.

"You dont need to spend big to look your best" - did you interviewed my mom?

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with an ExFj typing for the woman, but ENFj seems to be more probable than ESFj on the basis of VI. Given your description, it seems fairly certain that she is an extrovert with Fe in her ego block, and I would be inclined to believe that she is an ESFj. However, she does not look like any ESFjs that I've seen; indeed, in the first picture of her alone, she seems very Ni/Se-valuing. Of course, I could easily be mistaken; I can't even discern any clear Fe in any of the pictures, even though she is ostensibly Fe-dominant. Nonetheless, laziness is not the sole preserve of Si-valuers, and I've observed religious fanaticism in Ni-valuers more often than Ne-valuers, so nothing in the description precludes ENFj from being a possibility.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

No I don't think that I am her supervisor as when she is healthy we have a friendship where we know how to laugh, be playful, respect each others views and give a little help or advice. She is free to pour out all of her emotions and talk about her problems whenever. I think I somehow provide her with a little dose of stability and support at times even though she follows my family's moving upheavals. I enjoy our relationship so long as it's not full on all the time. The friendship is not about control or changing one another or anything like that and we have never had a conflict in the 11 years that we have known one another that we could not easily overcome as somehow we tend to largely overlook one another's negative points.
    Also I get along very well with him. We can have great conversations and laugh lots which if he is indeed SLI goes against me being IEI.
    Socionics intertype relations aren't that strict (if they were, socionics would be have been employed every place where human relations come into play and somebody would be making big $$ off it). I've met super-egos and supervisees with whom I've gotten along, even a few conflictors who I thought were pleasant people in conversation. This is reason why I don't use my own sentiments towards a person when determining their type, there are just too many outside factors interfering that can turn attractive relations into repulsive relations and vice versa.
    Last edited by silke; 05-22-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: typo

No Longer a Tadpole... Flat Footed Frog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just wanted to add into the thread that this lady who i had coffee with this morning and talked socionics with, (i am shayley's daughter by the way, not just a random who dodesnt know these ppl lol) self-typed her hidden agenda as ESFj/ESTj to be perfect. She chose for her husband in regards to hidden agenda, ISTp/INTp to love. In the past, she sat a socionics test and came out ESFx.

She tries to compete with shayley over things she views in shayleys life as perfect and has trouble with jealousy in this area, which for the first time she actually admitted it to shayley and myself this morning. She said that she thinks shayley has the perfect life, which she wants for herself, but admitted that shayley does not value this, and think it as important like she does. I think she is ESFj. Not sure on her husband. In my mind he is ISTx. Could see the to believe hidden agenda play out in him regarding church etc, but can also see ISTp's to love.
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Creepy-Snaps

Your friend is very pretty and could be SEI from V.I. Not sure that I can really see what you can see in the likeness of her and my friend though. However I can see the likeness with the girl in the photo you posted for The Ineffable and my friend.
    Thank you! I'm sure she'd appreciate that. And yes, I think SEI may make a lot of sense for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Footed Frog View Post
    just wanted to add into the thread that this lady who i had coffee with this morning and talked socionics with, (i am shayley's daughter by the way, not just a random who dodesnt know these ppl lol) self-typed her hidden agenda as ESFj/ESTj to be perfect. She chose for her husband in regards to hidden agenda, ISTp/INTp to love. In the past, she sat a socionics test and came out ESFx.

She tries to compete with shayley over things she views in shayleys life as perfect and has trouble with jealousy in this area, which for the first time she actually admitted it to shayley and myself this morning. She said that she thinks shayley has the perfect life, which she wants for herself, but admitted that shayley does not value this, and think it as important like she does. I think she is ESFj. Not sure on her husband. In my mind he is ISTx. Could see the to believe hidden agenda play out in him regarding church etc, but can also see ISTp's to love.
    This came as no surprise but isnt it interesting that that she doesnt stop and think of all of the not so good things in my life which she would never desire for herself, somehow she overlooks these.

I was impressed with my friends honesty though and she actually became quite interested in Socionics and wanted us to apply what we were talking about to everyone she could think of.
    Maybe she is ESFj, albeit a very unhealthy one! Admitting her jealous is a huge step though. And that's excellent that she's interested in socionics! Maybe you guys can teach her more, and use that as a tool to help her grow.