Thread: Member Questionnaire (Solitude)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Solitude)

What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is a trait or set of traits that are desirable or ideal and/or simply awake admiration within us.
    Love is the place where loyalty, devotion, trust and sincerity meet.

What are your most important values?

Loyalty, independence, professionalism, trustworthiness, dignity, competence, creativity, knowledge, perfectionism, meticulousness, seriousness.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I'd say I'm more of a spiritual than religious person. I only remember of my beliefs when I'm in a difficult situation mostly, but I hold my beliefs because sometimes it reminds me of who I am or what I want to achieve, and it helps me to put things in perspective.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I don't like the idea of innocent people being killed. Militaries save people by killing people, but they're a necessity.
    To me, power is a tool that allows the changing of the world in accordance to the desires or visions one has.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I've had long philosophical conversations, spiritual and sometimes on morality.
    I'm interested in art, philosophy, psychology, science, innovative ideas, design, games. Most of theese things keep my mind interested and busy, they challenge me to think in more depth, that's why I like them.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

I'm quite curios about health and medicine as a conversation topic. Sometimes I try to set healthy habits for myself, but I cease being consistent after awhile which can be frustrating when I remember or think about it.
    I'm probably less focused on my body than most people around me, I most of the time forget about or ignore my bodily needs.

What do you think of daily chores?

I'm perfectly capable of taking care of them, but for the most part I end up procrastinating them in favour of activitites that are more appealing to me. However there are also times when I take care of them right away so I can return to something more important.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

I read alot, but rarely books lately. I usually read articles on particular subjects that interest me.
    I like books or movies that present a novel perspective on things, horror and psychological movies . I also like fantasy as long as it's not too absurd and it makes one dream without making the ideas presented clash with reality too fast(if they can make one indulge in absurdity just for the sake of dreaming, that's just as good).
    Some of my favourite movies: the Saw series, Inception, V for Vendetta, Insidious, Black Swan, Excision, The Unborn, The Jacket, Transcendence.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Helpless animals, particular people who are helpless in a way and don't deserve what is hapening to them, extreme proof of loyalty, stoicism, trustworthiness, love of someone(not necessarily towards me, it may be a character in a movie or book) really move me.
    Extreme anger can make me cry too.
    Good jokes, idiocy, and some animals like hamsters, mice or dogs can make me smile.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

At home I think.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

I don't know, I've been told that I'm arrogant, I take everything too seriously, I should loosen up and have fun, be more sociable, talkative etc. I don't think theese are weaknesses though, they're just negative ways others perceive me.
    I dislike that I find it kind of hard to stand for myself and what I think more and that makes me feel a bit cowardish. I dislike that despite the fact I'm quiet and contained most of the time, I'm quite temperamental and I get angry very fast, and extreme anger makes me cry, violent, shaky, lose control etc., wish I was more self-controled. I wish I was more aware of what and how people are, than go by the mental image I build of them and focus so much on how or what they can be.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Seriousness, responsability perhaps.
    I like that I'm independent, deep about things, stoic and can be objective.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

I'm quite self-reliant.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Sometimes I guess. Usually when I can't manage to get through something easily or as easy as I expect, it makes me feel bad about myself. It's discouraging and sometimes I need some time to reinforce and motivate myself.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I like self-sufficient, trustworthy, creative, stoic, kind, ambitios, serious and determined people.
    I dislike superficiality, incompetence, stupidity.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Romance is beautiful if you meet someone who truly understands you and loves you deeply. Sex is great, but I can't feel sexually atracted to someone if there are no feelings or at least mutual mental understanding.
    In a partner I want loyalty, trustworthiness, seriousness, stoicism, competence, sincerity.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I'd make sure the child is knowledgeable, independent, serious and kind. I wouldn't want the child to depend on others, see or act on things in superficial ways.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Depends how close/important that person is to me and what beliefs we're talking about.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I never had more than 1 or 2 friends at a time, I'm unable to connect to most people. I choose to be friends with like-minded people or at least people who have some things in common with me. My friends say I should talk more and be more outgoing, sociable, I'm usually quieter than them unless we have a conversation I'm very interested in, and then I talk very much. As soon as the conversation is over, my enthusiasm is over too and I go back to my usual self. I'm usually very serious but there are times when I get very silly, not for long though. I like jokes and games alot too, but I think I enjoy talking the most, exchanging information, opinions etc.

How do you behave around strangers?

I'm reserved, quiet and have a distant, formal attitude around strangers.
    Last edited by Solitude; 02-28-2015 at 03:08 PM.

This Questionnaire is too short, so I only have some vague impressions. Feel free to correct me.

I'm probably less focused on my body than most people around me, I most of the time forget about or ignore my bodily needs.

I dislike that I find it kind of hard to stand for myself and what I think more and that makes me feel a bit cowardish. I dislike that despite the fact I'm quiet and contained most of the time, I'm quite temperamental and I get angry very fast, and extreme anger makes me cry, violent, shaky, lose control etc., wish I was more self-controlled. I wish I was more aware of what and how people are, than go by the mental image I build of them and focus so much on how or what they can be.

Weak Sensing. Si not valued (ignore). Se valued (aware that there is a problem?) -- so Ni/Se for perception. Ni more part of 'yourself', Se more 'problematic' so Ni before Se. Regarding Fi/Te or Fe/Ti. Only an ungrounded impression, that Fi/Te is more valued. It's just an impression from my side. A subdued feeling, anchored within yourself and only reflected, and shaped out within yourself. Probably only a flash of it can be seen here and there for other people from the outside/or not at all. Do you have any ideas about your type, that you don't mind sharing?
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 03-09-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wtf, dude

To be subjective and honest, I have a pretty idealistic and unrealistic view of love, and see it as a feeling of complete loyalty and faithfullness, so spritual, almost to the point when it becomes a religion in itself. Realistically speaking, I think this kind of feeling is almost unattainable, but that's not to say I don't love my family in the general sense.

Romance is beautiful if you meet someone who truly understands you and loves you deeply. Sex is great, but I can't feel sexually attracted to someone if there are no feelings or at least mutual mental understanding.

NF, dunno if Fi or Ni --- seems half-way between Rational and Irrational in terms of clarity of beliefs, approaching tasks etc.

I never had more than 1 or 2 friends at a time, I'm unable to connect to most people.

3 Ni ...??

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I think too, Mayr, I think ILI is quite close of the way I think, but I'm a bit unsure, because I always saw myself as a very emotional person, and this image doesn't fit into the usual description of the INTp. Also, on forums ILIs never say they're emotional, sensitive. They usually emphasize how cold, detached they are and stuff. I'm also detached and I don't like to show my feelings, I detach from the world around me, from my past and so on, but on the other side, as soon as I'm alone and there's noone around me I do not push my feeling away, I sink into them, especially if they're negative. I suspect it's my enneagram what makes it so difficult for me to determine my type, I'm a fairly balanced 5, but still more on the 4 side, perhaps sx/sp(or sp/sx, not very sure about it). I've read 5w4 sx/sp appear very fourish and are more emotional than other fives, they can also mistype themselves as 4s, which I seriously considered in the past. So I'm either a sensitive ILI, or some other type and the fact I'm more reserved and cold on the outside than most people makes me seem like one. I'm quite confused really.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think ILI as a type is prone to seeing love as a religion . you could be sx/sp, but you may wanna consider E4w5, too.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it walks like an ILI and talks like an ILI...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Dude', I admit, I always kinda felt like a man inside, and my avatar pictures a man, but I'm a woman.
    I'm new to socionics, do you mean '3 Ni' as in Ni 3rd function?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also,

The thing about ILIs not being emotional is complete bull shit. One of my best friends is ILI and is more overtly emotional and sensitive than I am (I self-type as SEE, fwiw). This whole notion that ILIs appear autistic or whatever is just another stereotype that doesn't mean anything. And basing your idea on ILIs over people over a forum is dumb. People who self-type as NT on a forum, imo, are more likely to portray themselves in a way that holds to the stereotypes they've learned about NTs, INTps, etc. I can believe they may be as cold and distant as they say, but I think it's better to base conclusions and ideas on people you can see and interact with face to face.

It's all subjective, from an audience's perspective, but I don't see ILIs as being any more or less emotional than other types. More than anything, I just see a poorer comprehension of things like emotional expression, mood, and such. That goes for the more cuddly, happy, smiley ILIs, too.

That said, I've read that ILIs are more prone to taking a more spiritual view of love. ime, it's fairly accurate. When my friend died, the same ILI I've brought up (they had dated shortly before the other guy died), he long would have dreams about the friend and was partly convinced he was trying to reach out to him through dreams, from the after life or whatever. The ILI was very distraught over the perceived post-death suffering and sadness of our friend and his ex. This ILI, I think, is more capable of deep, long lasting, selfless love than most ethical types I know, myself included.

I'm not saying all ILIs are like this. Some are staunch atheists and believe nothing happens after death and would never hold such illusions, but ILIs are certainly capable.

But to say, so and so can't be ILI because of something like a spiritual view of love seems very typist and certainly doesn't match my own version of reality nor the socionics I practice.

Lastly, being emotional on the inside doesn't mean being able to communicate those emotions well. Everyone is emotional to some degree and can feel things intensely. Not enneagram related, either, I don't think.

Oh, and Solitude is 5w4, I'm willing to bet just from the OP. Classic sounding, 5w4, whatever that means.

Alright, I've made my case. I'm not trying to be domineering, but Solitude being ILI is plain as day to me, even over a forum.
    Last edited by aixelsyd; 02-22-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I considered that already, but I don't identify with E4's core fear or motivation. I never really cared about being different, special, although I was aware I always was different than most people. I just wanted to blend in. I strongly identify with 5's both fear and motivation, and the way I deal with life is 5ish all the way, I guess on the outside noone would suspect I am so fourish inside because I never show it. But it's definitely there, hence the possible sx/sp stack.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I think like an NT, but I find myself more emotionally intense than alot of feelers. I've read some thinkers might think they're more emotional than other people just because they find it weird and overwhelming to deal with their emotions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    I don't think ILI as a type is prone to seeing love as a religion . you could be sx/sp, but you may wanna consider E4w5, too.
    I don't think so either, but Ni might see anything as anything.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    'Dude', I admit, I always kinda felt like a man inside, and my avatar pictures a man, but I'm a woman.
    I'm new to socionics, do you mean '3 Ni' as in Ni 3rd function?
    cool, I like chicks who feel and behave like dudes.

3 Ni as in "the result autistic ppl get in Socionics test" -- there's an allegedly comprehensive test that also indicates how strongly you use a main function, not only your subtype. ILI/IEI 3 Ni would be quite far on the "aloofness, alienation and social loneliness" spectrum ...but ofc, also more philosophical, abstract rather than practical etc.

K, I still think too idealistic and utopian for ILI, but feel free to expand yourself. Don't you have pics?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    cool, I like chicks who feel and behave like dudes.

3 Ni as in "the result autistic ppl get in Socionics test" -- there's an allegedly comprehensive test that also indicates how strongly you use a main function, not only your subtype. ILI/IEI 3 Ni would be quite far on the "aloofness, alienation and social loneliness" spectrum ...but ofc, also more philosophical, abstract rather than practical etc.

K, I still think too idealistic and utopian for ILI, but feel free to expand yourself. Don't you have pics?
    Your Sociotype: ILI-2Te (INTp)
    Other Possible Types

LII (INTj): 99% as likely as ILI.
    ILE (ENTp): 88% as likely as ILI.
    LIE (ENTj): 83% as likely as ILI.

I usually score LII or ILI on theese tests, but I doubt I'm LII, I don't think I'm Alpha. I never ever got NF, especially any Fe valuing type (except for LII).
    I think tests can provide a sense of orientation towards one's type, but I don't feel like relying on them.
    Last edited by Solitude; 02-24-2015 at 09:52 PM.