Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SLI-ISTp: External Signs, Manner of Communication, Features of Behavior, and Recommendations by Gulenko

Creepy-

Default SLI-ISTp: External Signs, Manner of Communication, Features of Behavior, and Recommendations by Gulenko

Source: Socionika.info

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read all this, but it looks good. Two example of SLI females: Doctor G (the documentary series with the same name) and Shoshana/Miss Mimieux (Inglourious Basters). And I think I knew another good female example, maybe I recall it later...
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    I haven't read all this, but it looks good. Two example of SLI females: Doctor G (the documentary series with the same name) and Shoshana/Miss Mimieux (Inglourious Basters). And I think I knew another good female example, maybe I recall it later...
    I wonder if this is the reason why, for an inexperienced IEE, it is hard to recognize SLIs: in the article the characteristic 'unemotional' is mentioned several times, but I don't see Doctor G. as unemotional at all.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very true of SLI. In fact, SLI, when engaged and excited (by new experiences, people, prospects.... especially one with money involved/or sex) becomes rather emotional. His voice begins to have varying intonations, heights and depths of volume and colour. When deflated however, he is silent, and concise, and terse, and uncommitted. This differentiates the SLI from the IEI, whose speech is naturally inflicted with emotion.

The true measure of the SLI is this: his rugged independence, and unyielding tenacity. The world is his to own, if he only believed, and if his beloved so desires it. For her, he will conquer the universe; not with strength, but with a spirit of quiet, defined confidence.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    words
    ...and the most important fact of all: You're not SLI.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I'm not. I'm just an EIE pretending to be SLI for now. If I turn gay for you tomorrow, I'll be either IEE or ESE, whichever is the dual of your proposed type.

SLI/LII... dude. There's a fucking huge difference.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just an EIE pretending to be SLI for now.
    Sounds much more likely indeed.

SLI/LII... dude. There's a fucking huge difference.
    Mostly because of Fe-dual seeking vs. Fe-polr.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Sounds much more likely indeed.
    Dont insult my sociotype.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Dont insult my sociotype.
    Haha, I'm sorry. But every type got it's weirdos.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Haha, I'm sorry. But every type got it's weirdos.
    No hard feelings, lol.

I was gonna say I think he and aeorobyn are alpha SF but you wouldnt appreiate that, probably...

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Filatova_SEI
    Generally SEI tries to avoid tension by any means necessary. If a conflict flares up between others he tries to play the intermediary in order to reconcile the opposing parties as soon as possible. He finds himself to be inferior in the case of an argument, will therefore often agree with the collocutor.
    I completely identify with that. In fact, I'm such a pussy that when a girl doesn't listen to what I say, I immediately tear up and agree with the stupid and shitty things that she does. After all, she's the smart one who wears the pants and I'm the one with a vagina who can't make good decisions cos I get emotional too easily. Also, I fear tension, which is why I pull out everytime her kitten gets tight. I mean... tension, who wants it?

... Dipshits.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So you identify with what, two, three sentence frgaments out of the entire description?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be SEI after all.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is very true of SLI. In fact, SLI, when engaged and excited (by new experiences, people, prospects.... especially one with money involved/or sex) becomes rather emotional. His voice begins to have varying intonations, heights and depths of volume and colour. When deflated however, he is silent, and concise, and terse, and uncommitted. This differentiates the SLI from the IEI, whose speech is naturally inflicted with emotion.

The true measure of the SLI is this: his rugged independence, and unyielding tenacity. The world is his to own, if he only believed, and if his beloved so desires it. For her, he will conquer the universe; not with strength, but with a spirit of quiet, defined confidence.
    Yes, those are very characteristic of SLI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Stop supporting Reuben. Its bad politics.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Stop supporting Reuben. Its bad politics.
    I don't understand what that means. From FiNe, any politics may be either good or bad, but a person is neither good nor bad, their actions are good or bad. His politics, a matter of personal and subjective interpretation, isn't either good or bad. It's message may be good or bad but how can agreeing with what you think is a good reflection of that type a "bad politic"? Are you saying that by agreeing with him, I'm creating an unpleasant environment?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I don't understand what that means. From FiNe, any politics may be either good or bad, but a person is neither good nor bad, their actions are good or bad. His politics, a matter of personal and subjective interpretation, isn't either good or bad. It's message may be good or bad but how can agreeing with what you think is a good reflection of that type a "bad politic"? Are you saying that by agreeing with him, I'm creating an unpleasant environment?
    Im saying that we should get rid of him, hence not support him by agreeing with him; from the Ti standpoint "politics" is which people you favor in a group. All his posts are nothing but trolls, same garbage about men/women and sex with "cute cuddly" sugar coating which makes it even creepier than if he were just graphic about things. If he chooses to change, which I doubt since people rarely ever do, ill change my policy towards him.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Im saying that we should get rid of him, hence not support him by agrreing with him; from the TiSe standpoint "politics" is which people you favor in a group. All his posts are nothing but trolls, same garbage about men/women and sex with "cute cuddly" sugar coating which makes it even creepier than if he were just graphic about things. If he chooses to change, which I doubt since people rarely ever do, ill change my policy towards him.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-22-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're being selective of your group is more of an Aristocratic thing.
    Maybe but thats not the point here; the point is that he bugs me deeply and Id appreciate people not support him.

EDIT: Who asked you about my fucking type?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maybe but thats not the point here; the point is that he bugs me deeply and Id appreciate people not support him.
    He's not mean, vulgar, rude, unkind. He says things for to be fun and I don't see any reason why he should be ignored; I find ignoring very unkind. I'd rather if people didn't like him to skip his posts than to suggest that he should be discounted as a individual, besides, he's getting his own impression of the environment he's in. I believe that comes with being an introvert and using unconventional methods, that which aren't common to extraverts, like reading and doing what you want. Being an introvert is "testing" one's environment to see who is responsive to one and not, to create a zone for them, either a comfort or just to see where the individual fits in. He's kind of on his way to being done and I think that requires understanding and patience on our part; he's not being malicious, just testing things his own way. I trust that when it's over, he'll be a lot more "serious" and he'll be known as Reuben, his own person at this forum. There's a place for everyone.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-22-2011 at 03:17 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's not mean, vulgar, rude, unkind.
    Hes still annoys the hell out of the females on this forum,and most of the males too.

There's a place for everyone.
    No.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hes still annoys the hell out of the females on this forum,and most of the males too.

No.
    You have a protective streak.

EDIT: Who asked you about my fucking type?
    You didn't have to ask me. It's not hard to see.
    -

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Goodness you are irittating.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be SEI after all.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Goodness you are irittating.
    You need to learn your Socionics functions.
    -

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Irony.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, why must you be right and everybody else wrong? Do you really think that you are the authority for socionics?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    Maritsa, why must you be right and everybody else wrong? Do you really think that you are the authority for socionics?
    I'm not saying he's wrong; we haven't argued one way or another. But, it would help that he be more accepting of people and by learning the socionics functions, maybe he can learn to empathize in the style of other individuals and stop thinking that because he doesn't support one person that somehow he's making things right.

Then, he can stop telling me and others to do what they want to do. I like Reuben.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying he's wrong; we haven't argued one way or another. But, it would help that he be more accepting of people and by learning the socionics functions, maybe he learn to empathize in the style of other individuals and stop thinking that because he doesn't support one person that somehow he's making things right.
    Every damn post you make, you write with such an air of such superiority. You want to be EII? Cultivate some humility first.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think Reuben is a parasite to this forum. This is not related to his socionics type, or mine. Hes just behaving like a stupid individual. If you excuse everything you end up being a pretty poor judge of character and water down your expectations of people and the quality of a forum.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Every damn post you make, you write with such an air of such superiority. You want to be EII? Cultivate some humility first.
    I'm not being arrogant, prideful. I'm typing people and sticking to my method. If you see that as somehow being against humble, well then! I don't know what to say. Perhaps you're not reading my posts. You've had this impression, a false and unreal impression, of me from the very onset according to your own perception and that's the only one you're sticking with.
    -

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I wonder if this is the reason why, for an inexperienced IEE, it is hard to recognize SLIs: in the article the characteristic 'unemotional' is mentioned several times, but I don't see Doctor G. as unemotional at all.
    Literally neither do I, and the same with other SLI women I can think of. Nevertheless, if I read the descriptions I can see how they apply to these persons. I think the problem is our interpretation, we often mystify, make equivocations and take that meaning literally, extrapolate, refer to specific experience, etc - and in fact do it inappropriately, since the authors certainly make them, but not necessarily in the places we expect, IMO. The type I overthought was SEI, when I was looking for my dual years ago and I can tel that I created an extreme image (like artsy and super-elegant people) in my mind that wasn't exactly corresponding to the reality until I could actually identify a few.
    ---

Talking of SLI females, I actually have experience with this, an ex of mine - 4 years together - was SLI (my typing), and if you asked me at the time, it would not cross my mind that she was "cold" or "unemotional", she was just a normal person. I recall she was sometimes crying in difficult periods of our relationships, she was cary with people and animals (could not stand seeing them in distress) and so on. In discussions that were regarding her, or defending someone else, she would indeed become somehow assertive, but nevertheless she was detached and often ironical/joking, and would rarely take things too personally. Not going extreme to the point of breaking relationships with people even when they clearly wronged her, had no enemies and could easily talk to people she was criticizing in absentia as if they were friends.

Regarding me in that relationship, I was missing enthusiasm and passion from her. I recall that I was annoyed because everything was "the same shit" to her, for instance there were certaing things like discoveries or ideas that are simply too fascinating to just sit like that . She was IMO too skeptical and would not support endeavours based on ideas or opportunities that were not tested but were technically-logically-clearly-*ly offering enormous perspectives (my kind of "facts"). Being so hard to mobilize her was annoying, because I was believing in the perspective, trying to push things faster, while she was stalling, believing that those things are either not real or not that important. Once I made a big change in my career and she wouldn't believe I could activate in that profession until she actually witnessed it, but such things require some effort and sacrifices in advance [1] - throw the bird in your hand if you are sure you can catch the one in the bush, right? But how can you convince someone who doesn't believe but what he sees done of something that in theory is as good as done?

And I could also say she was not sufficiently concerned about her safety, because of the same thing: something bad that had not happened to you yet does not exist, unless it is totally obvious, like jumping off a tall building. I was concerned about that, trying to teach her to avoid questionable persons or dangerous situations, but she liked to defy my advices on purpose, in order to prove me I was wrong . The "Rémi Gaillard" kind of attitude, just not that crazy.

Perhaps from this story you can see how, although my ex was a normal girl, I can see how the SLI "skeptical", "unemotional" also "fearless" applies to her.
    ---

[1] - requires belief, to be convinced it can/will actually happen in reality, based on the conviction that your reasoning was correct.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not being arrogant, prideful. I'm typing people and sticking to my method.
    Even if "sticking to your methods" means pushing your interpretation of socionics down other people's throats? Have some respect.
    People aren't stupid and know more than you think.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be SEI after all.
    I think you should at least look into Alpha SF. Alpha SF men often mistype themselves because the Alpha SF description are often stereotyped as women.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Even if "sticking to your methods" means pushing your interpretation of socionics down other people's throats? Have some respect.
    People aren't stupid and know more than you think.
    I shouldn't have picked that post to type him here. I'll move it to "YOUR TYPING OF FORUM MEMBERS" thread.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shouldn't have picked that post to type him here. I'll move it to "YOUR TYPING OF FORUM MEMBERS" thread.
    Whichever. It really doesn't matter where you post it because it is your attitude that is the problem.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Whichever. It really doesn't matter where you post it because it is your attitude that is the problem.
    You know, you can get away by not showing an attitude by just seeming neutral; by not making any waves, not having any passion or emotions, which makes you seem rather neutral and agreeable, but I think those are the very essence of life and humanity. Emotions, feelings. Every post you make is neutral, passionless, inquiry of ask more questions than try things out for yourself, observe. I don't live on the sidelines.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, you can get away by not showing an attitude by just seeming neutral; by not making any waves, not having any passion or emotions, which makes you seem rather neutral and agreeable, but I think those are the very essence of life and humanity. Emotions, feelings.
    Very Fe of you. Change your self-typing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Very Fe of you. Change your self-typing.
    That's quite ignorant of you to say. That's not Fe, that's Fi judgment of you as an individual and the emotional impression I get from you. Fe would try to adapt to the feeling atmosphere to be agreeable, to have a Feeling Rapport. And most of that is my intuitive reading of you, the you beyond the object that you are but the object which I think stops you from your potential.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's quite ignorant of you to say. That's not Fe, that's Fi judgment of you as an individual and the emotional impression I get from you. Fe would try to adapt to the feeling atmosphere to be agreeable, to have a Feeling Rapport.
    You can't even type yourself properly, and you accuse people of ignorance? That statement you've made is classic EIE. You don't know socionics. Stop pretending that you do and change your self-typing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast