TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New to Socionics, Help with my Type

Nm
    Last edited by gator; 05-27-2014 at 03:10 AM.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gave this a quick look, and something Se Base is definitely worth looking into. Same with the 7/8 area on the Enneagram if you're into that. Welcome aboard!
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Gave this a quick look, and something Se Base is definitely worth looking into. Same with the 7/8 area on the Enneagram if you're into that. Welcome aboard!
    Can you elaborate on that? SEE and SLE were not any of the types I was initially considering.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first thought is EII

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te>Ti disregard all Fe and ExTP

IST* is my approximation
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Can you elaborate on that? SEE and SLE were not any of the types I was initially considering.
    Sensor I'd go for right off the bat, leaning strong towards anything Extraverted. I wanted to get a post in before @Chris-Chan started shitting up the thread with nonsense, and first thing I thought was "reminds me vaguely of SLE somewhat, but something Te/Fi valuing's more spot on; quick, get that post out". A second and more thorough read-through points me towards strong and valued Te and Si; in the recollections of all of the info about everything, remembering the physical layout of a place down to the detail upon seeing it but once. Something along the lines of a huge mental database of "I've seen this before, so I know what to do". The feeling portion looks to me like valued Fi in the Super-Id; if someone's feeling like shit, it never made me a hell of a lot of sense in joining them in feeling like shit, they already got that covered. A general thing I've seen with those who both type as Fe/Ti valuing and I have as Fe/Ti valuing, is that it's like a thing, to be feeling the same stuff that other people are feeling, and it's either on purpose, or it just kinda happens. LSE feels good and that's what I'm gonna go for.

As per the Enneagram, yes, definitely something in the 7/8 range, leaning just a touch towards 8 but I ain't gonna go nailing anything down too much here.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Seems Istp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se Base
    SEE and SLE were not any of the types I was initially considering.
    /shitting up the thread with nonsense
    The problem is I strongly identify any place I venture with someone with that person. So I’m constantly haunted by past romances. I’ll just be casually wandering through life and bam, I see something and it’s like a cannon shot emotion knocking me over. For example, one of my-exes high schools is located along the quickest route between my house and work. I have no other connection with the school besides the knowledge that my-ex once went there at some point before we even started dating. But every time I drive by that goddam school a flood of painful memories come pouring back into me. It fucking sucks so I go out of my way to take a wayward route, even though it adds twenty minutes or so onto the drive.
    2. For the constructivist emotional "anchors" are important (Connected to a certain place, a book, a film and so on) which resonate with their internal emotional conditions. With their help they keep or strengthen their internal emotional state. They are inclined to re-reed a book or to visit the same place again just to go through the emotions connected with that place.

LSE feels good and that's what I'm gonna go for.
    /shitting up the thread with nonsense

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default stop ruining and trolling this thread, Chris-Chan

@Chris-Chan, look at the current typings here, and then look at yours. I provided rationale, you provided none.

@gator, please never mind CC, what he's doing is explicitly non-Socionics as evidenced by these two threads, and he repeatedly trolls up threads with drama and nonsense. Press him for an explanation for anything, and you'll find nothing but evasion and excuses.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I see EII, LSE, and SLI. Does delta seem like the right quadra?

I know I'm definitely not alpha. I've been friends with a big group of predominantly alphas and I definitely feel like the odd duck out when hanging with them.

i don't feel I'm nearly as driven, ambitious or imposing as the betas I know and have identified, especially the SLEs.

Delta or Gamma seem like better fits. I've been leaning towards Delta.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ST
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I see EII, LSE, and SLI. Does delta seem like the right quadra?

I know I'm definitely not alpha. I've been friends with a big group of predominantly alphas and I definitely feel like the odd duck out when hanging with them.

i don't feel I'm nearly as driven, ambitious or imposing as the betas I know and have identified, especially the SLEs.

Delta or Gamma seem like better fits. I've been leaning towards Delta.
    Fi/Te seems likely, and you really seem like an intuitive type. You should post a video.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clearly View Post
    Fi/Te seems likely, and you really seem like an intuitive type. You should post a video.
    I'll consider it.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm leaning towards SLI right now.

But I also see a lot of LSE and IEE in me lol.
    Last edited by gator; 04-15-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you considered ILE?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I see the best way to distinguish between SLI, LSE and other extraverted functions is in terms of relating to energy output or expenditure. It seems to me that SLI are less willing to waste energy. LSE don't mind the energy output. For example an SLI would likely notice another person around them, someone they aren't on a personal basis with talk a little too much about themselves while they seek or want silence, to escape to a harmonious, quiete, reflective place, even if they are hard at work. Whereas an LSE may just gather info and do the talking themselves.

I made a very weak point and argument in the above, however you can observe and maybe write a little about the kind of work that you see and how you view some of your coworkers. Are you mostly watching their actions and judging them or are you just keeping to yourself and focusing on your thing?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I see the best way to distinguish between SLI, LSE and other extraverted functions is in terms of relating to energy output or expenditure. It seems to me that SLI are less willing to waste energy. LSE don't mind the energy output. For example an SLI would likely notice another person around them, someone they aren't on a personal basis with talk a little too much about themselves while they seek or want silence, to escape to a harmonious, quiete, reflective place, even if they are hard at work. Whereas an LSE may just gather info and do the talking themselves.

I made a very weak point and argument in the above, however you can observe and maybe write a little about the kind of work that you see and how you view some of your coworkers. Are you mostly watching their actions and judging them or are you just keeping to yourself and focusing on your thing?
    The problem is I kind of identify with both ways. Sometimes I'm active, involved, and highly social. Other times I just slink away and don't want to be disturbed. I love parties and raucous events but can also go a couple weeks not hanging out socially and be perfectly fine. I've always considered myself an ambivert (in the common sense of the word, not the Jungian sense) and that has made narrowing down a type difficult.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he favors Ti, Ni, Se, and wants the idea of Fe. I definitely do not think he's an ILE.

SLE fits in my opinion. It lines up well.

Why doesn't he take a test?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedMarquee View Post
    I think he favors Ti, Ni, Se, and wants the idea of Fe. I definitely do not think he's an ILE.

SLE fits in my opinion. It lines up well.

Why doesn't he take a test?
    a)Why do you think those functions? I was thinking I had Fi-Te and Si-Ne lol.

b)Online tests are useless.

c)I agree I am absolutely not an ILE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STARWRS789 View Post
    Although I am not new to Socionics, I am a new member, and I would like some help determining my type. I'll give as much information about my habits, thoughts, and behavior as possible; hopefully you'll find all this useful. I have a type in mind that I think most matches my personality, but I'm not sure, so maybe I'll post what I think that is after after some feedback from others.

I am a very thoughtful person in the sense of deep reflection. I like to reflect on what I plan to do during the day, mentally preparing myself for what I will do next and in what order I'll do it. I try to daydream a lot, but it usually doesn't come naturally. Most of my time I analyze other people, their looks, how they behave, without talking about it. This is a fun exercise I like to do whenever I go places. I look for patterns and mannerism in certain people, and try to identify "styles" around me. However, going back to my planning, I frequently get sidetracked and then I just do whatever I feel like the most at that time. Generally I procrastinate. Ironically, the smaller or more insignificant the thing I have to do, the more I don't want to do it. I have bad time management skills, I get "lost" in most assignments for school or creative projects like drawing...in my art class I work constantly and filter out most distractions and even work past the time we prepare to leave. I strive for mastery in my work rather than efficiency. It may take me hours to do something but I will not grow bored of any activity that requires constant attention and a steady work pace without time restrictions. I love the arts and music, as well as anything (any medium) that gives me new impressions. I love anything symbolic and will look for symbolism in everyday objects or images. I love to learn about new cultures and new perspectives in regards to social philosophy. When I am doing something by myself, (most of my free-time activities) I like to be absolutely shut off from others because any disturbance ruins my mood. This does cause conflict, usually with my brother, but I really value my alone time. I react very aggressively when I'm bothered while trying to concentrate on something like a project or when deep in thought, which is most of the time LOL. When I'm doing work that isn't fun for me, I feel like I need to do something else at the same time to get through it. Like when I'm studying for a test, I'll eat food for the whole duration of that time (probably not the healthiest thing to do) or listen to music, which keeps me entertained while dealing with less interesting stuff. I usually appear cold and unapproachable to most people when I'm walking by them because I'm nearly always absorbed in my thoughts, but if someone makes in attempt to talk to me, I will always respond in a cheery way, even if its just to say hi. I really like to be part of a non-serious, happy type of interaction with others. I always try to keep things light-hearted, I'll even say something kind of depressing or odd about myself but will always do it in a joking way, smiling all the time. Smiling is uncontrollable for me; I do it ALL THE TIME when I'm talking with other people. I love most of all to make jokes: I use jokes to carry conversation. My mind is VERY good at noticing underlying patterns or potential double-meanings in people's words or actions, and I point that out for comedic affect. I also have an odd way of speaking which can go from unemotional to very warm and friendly...its hard to explain but my tone of voice can endear most people. (I give all my emotion and attention usually to a single person; this changes with whoever I'm talking to at the time; I like to get very positive reactions out of people. I am worried though that I am too intimate with everyone I talk to because I give them my full emotional range, attention, and care at the time) I really dislike tension in a group. I am a very goofy person on the inside and outside, especially around others, but if the tone becomes serious, like when talking about a sad event, I will comply with their mood out of consideration. So long as the conversation is positive however, I will keep pushing the happy atmosphere with more and more jokes, eventually I may start acting (like a character from a play or a stereotype; doing accents as well) but only if I feel close to the people I'm talking with. Usually I push the jokes too far and get in trouble for it. I really don't like it when someone keeps me or others from having fun or goofing around...I don't like talking about serious, business issues. I would like to take up other activities like gardening or music; I like to create emotional or harmonious things that give off a certain vibe or feeling special to me, and I think this would be the best way to express myself. I am drawn to unusual aesthetic styles: tattoos, died hair, jewelry, etc. and I find this very attractive. Personally I like comfort over looks though. I wouldn't mind developing a "unique" or "outlandish" style eventually.

Hope this is enough of a description so far...sorry if its too long, but I wanted to make sure that everything I thought was important was mentioned. I'd really like feedback on my personality. What type do you think I am? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks! If you want to know more information to help with typing or just to know me better please ask and I will try to respond!
    ESE comes to mind.
    -

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se: I like physical thrills. Driving fast. Drinking. Hockey. Sex.
    Fi with a strong desire to have Fe:
    I hate awkwardness. Whenever I’m in a group where someone is unhappy or kind of being excluded, I can always tell. What’s bad though is that it doesn’t really affect me and I’m terrible at doing a damn thing about it. Like I want to do something about it, but I have no absolutely no ability to console, motivate, or make people feel better.

N and T is totally messed up in your descriptions, you're mixing them up so I can't really do anything with them. Going off what you've said. it especially points to that Fe being a mobilizing function, You're not an ILE, so you're SLE.

Take a test, tell us what the top 3 most likely results are.

Now if you really wanted a nice and easy typing, have you ever dualized with anyone. What would their type be?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ni: I’m just not good with abstract bullshit. For example, so-called modern art pisses me off. I’m not really good at seeing hidden patterns. I’m plenty good at creating makeshift tools out of random objects if I have a need. I was asked “why are manhole covers round?” I don’t fucking know. My mind doesn’t reason like that.
    Se:
    I like physical thrills. Driving fast. Drinking. Hockey. Sex.
    I hate awkwardness. Whenever I’m in a group where someone is unhappy or kind of being excluded, I can always tell. What’s bad though is that it doesn’t really affect me and I’m terrible at doing a damn thing about it. Like I want to do something about it, but I have no absolutely no ability to console, motivate, or make people feel better.

Fine we'll ignore the T, as you seem to be mixing up T and N but going off what you've said. it especially points to that Fe being a mobilizing function, You're not an ILE, so you're SLE.

Se is not associated with thrills. You are again expressing years of stereotypes that we're working on erasing.
    -

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clearly View Post
    have you considered ILE?
    im kind of coming around to it. I don't agree much with the stereotypes but looking at it function by function, it kind of makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by STARWRS789 View Post
    I can see Fe and Si likely being ego functions, but why extroverted? I don't really think I am extroverted...I see Fe as creative and Si as leading.

Get your own thread, bud.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se: I like physical thrills. Driving fast. Drinking. Hockey. Sex.

N and T is totally messed up in your descriptions, you're mixing them up so I can't really do anything with them. Going off what you've said. it especially points to that Fe being a mobilizing function, You're not an ILE, so you're SLE.

Take a test, tell us what the top 3 most likely results are.

Now if you really wanted a nice and easy typing, have you ever dualized with anyone. What would their type be?
    I just don't see Se in me, especially not leading. I'm not forceful, direct, or strongly motivated at all.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't see Se in me, especially not leading. I'm not forceful, direct, or strongly motivated at all.
    In all honesty there's nothing up there about either Se or Si. You're messing up the lines between what T and N are, and you're refusing to take a test to even point us in a direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry about that, didn't know that was the general rule here...I'll vacate the premises then!