Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's my subtype?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why must everything be explained in terms of functions?

Psychology is not more than . The two functions will simply approach the subject differently.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 08-06-2018 at 06:11 PM.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    In case it's a misprint and you wanted to say "psychical" - that would be more expected from LSI but not from Ne valued types.
    Psychology is much about inner, hiden world of people - relates to Ne.
    He may to make a dichotomy test if you'll ask him, as this takes a few efforts and he see is important for you. My LSI father has made Gulenko's test, for example. To look briefly at 2 groups of bloggers to choose between also would not take many time, as it's duals/superego for LSE/LSI choice, close to opposite impressions. In this situation is mostly your decision. Our opinions are close about his type, but I feel in him other values than mine.
    Well, I did actually mean to say "physical" there. If my mom and I discuss which grandchildren seem to have which grandparent's features, it can annoy him. I don't know what the cause of this is exactly, except he might suspect that this kind of analysis could lead to favoritism amongst the children, and he doesn't like favoritism. He doesn't mind as much though if I tell him my son looks a lot like him. ;0)

My dad seems very interested in Ne (ideas, fantastical concepts; i.e. he always liked the Disney movie Pinocchio for its weirdness, which is a movie that has always disturbed me). He seems Ne-seeking in a way that my LSI brother is not, and is delighted by my Mom's Delta friends (INFj, a couple ENFp's). He also seems to connect very well with my EII husband with no psychological strain. He's also just a lot less of a loose cannon than ESTp's, from my experience. He's actually an ex-gambler and loves to have a good time, but is definitely a creature of habit, too, comes across as really reserved. He's also a quintessential caretaker - he basically lives to provide for his family.

One of his favorite actors is Matt Damon. Isn't Matt Damon Delta? Of course that doesn't prove anything. None of this does.

I don't mean to be stubborn but it's unlikely I'll have him do a dichotomy test in the near future as he lives 450 or so miles away from me...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    He doesn't mind as much though if I tell him my son looks a lot like him. ;0)
    Besides a physical part, I suspect that grandchildren may be closer in psyche traits to grandfather/grandmother than to their parrents. This mb from times when grandparrents had more time to stay at home and to deal with kids. Fathers often were outside, mothers needed to pay more attention to smaller kids, did home work and some outside. To teach and understand children is easier when they are more psychically similar to you. This could be adopted in genes or other to rise the chance to be similar to grandparrents.
    In my family I seems have gotten the type of my grandfather by father.

> delighted by my Mom's Delta friends (INFj, a couple ENFp's). He also seems to connect very well with my EII husband with no psychological strain

In case those are deltas indeed, F types (especially Fi ones) have good abbility to support good surface communication with anyone when they want. IR theory is mostly about communications which friends would have or at least when people need to cooperate intensively in important.

> He's also a quintessential caretaker - he basically lives to provide for his family.

the attention to material region is common for all S types

> One of his favorite actors is Matt Damon. Isn't Matt Damon Delta?

mb LIE. not bad for both LSE and LSI

> I don't mean to be stubborn but it's unlikely I'll have him do a dichotomy test in the near future as he lives 450 or so miles away from me...

Internet may help All the needed is there.
    It's about your interest. To understand correctly types of your close people to understand good the typology. I notice good chance of beta T for him and you may additionally check this possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    Why must everything be explained in terms of functions?
    everything in your consciousness relates to one of 8 functions
    not only Jung's type influence on the behavior, but a type should influence always

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides a physical part, I suspect that grandchildren may be closer in psyche traits to grandfather/grandmother than to their parrents. This mb from times when grandparrents had more time to stay at home and to deal with kids. Fathers often were outside, mothers needed to pay more attention to smaller kids, did home work and some outside. To teach and understand children is easier when they are more psychically similar to you. This could be adopted in genes or other to rise the chance to be similar to grandparrents.
    In my family I seems have gotten the type of my grandfather by father.

> delighted by my Mom's Delta friends (INFj, a couple ENFp's). He also seems to connect very well with my EII husband with no psychological strain

In case those are deltas indeed, F types (especially Fi ones) have good abbility to support good surface communication with anyone when they want. IR theory is mostly about communications which friends would have or at least when people need to cooperate intensively in important.

> He's also a quintessential caretaker - he basically lives to provide for his family.

the attention to material region is common for all S types

> One of his favorite actors is Matt Damon. Isn't Matt Damon Delta?

mb LIE. not bad for both LSE and LSI

> I don't mean to be stubborn but it's unlikely I'll have him do a dichotomy test in the near future as he lives 450 or so miles away from me...

Internet may help All the needed is there.
    It's about your interest. To understand correctly types of your close people to understand good the typology. I notice good chance of beta T for him and you may additionally check this possibility.

everything in your consciousness relates to one of 8 functions
    not only Jung's type influence on the behavior, but a type should influence always
    The thing is I am sure of his type so I just don’t feel the need to bother him with tests. :/

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The thing is I am sure of his type
    The "thing" is you may mistake with objectively good possibility and I'm sure you do. As with average typing matches <20% and taking into account your novice typing skills you have not much hope to be right.

The other "thing" is you may get the additional info to understand me and the type better by the easy ways I've offered. With this info you'd got significantly better basis for your opinion.

Your father is much doubtful to be LSE as I perceive him as alien to me person. If you'll act reasonably in this situation mb you'll understand his correct type and this will improve you understanding of the typology.

the question is finished

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "thing" is you may mistake with objectively good possibility and I'm sure you do. As with average typing matches <20% and taking into account your novice typing skills you have not much hope to be right.

The other "thing" is you may get the additional info to understand me and the type better by the easy ways I've offered. With this info you'd got significantly better basis for your opinion.

Your father is much doubtful to be LSE as I perceive him as alien to me person. If you'll act reasonably in this situation mb you'll understand his correct type and this will improve you understanding of the typology.

the question is finished
    ^ This is pretty funny.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ This is pretty funny.
    My dad also considers himself to be an expert and gets offended if I don’t take his advice.

@Sol, you seem to to be taking my typing of him quite personally. I’m truly not trying to be difficult with you, but I’m happy with my typing of him. You think my tying skills are so poor but I’ve been right about quite a few typings lately, including my own. And I’ve been analyzing my dad’s type for over a decade and analyzing him for almost 40 years. It’s really okay if I come to a different conclusion from yours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12