Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 5w4 or 5w6

Honestly, at this point it is %93.86 likely to be 5 core for me and I am mostly uncertain about wings now? Probs 5w6, but I really don't have that "trusting science above all" mentality? I simply believe that anything perceived by humans would be inevitably have subjectiveness (as in, their organs which perceive what is happening have their own limitations as well as they most likely have a narrative of life by then for themselves so whole "interpreting date without any bias -not simply by liking/disliking axis but also by what you find more or less likely etc-" thing is impossible if we are talking about humans, which is a being made up of hormons and "feelings" said hormons produce) but I don't really have the usual 5w4 "imagination to fill whatever our minds can't reach" thing either? With all the doubtfulness and "wanting the truth despite knowing it is most likely impossible for humans to reach and even if she knows this, still can't help but try making sense out of things and try to find some meaning" sounds more of 5w6 or...? Meaning is often attributed to 4 wing, so that's what makes me question, but it is most likely 6 wing I think? I welcome any opinions.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

This is probably not too helpful, but everything you've said there sounds more like w6 to me.
    (Just the very doubting nature of your post is rather w6, for instance.)

5w6 is more stereotypically "scientific" when it is combined with a 1 fix and So/Sp stacking.

I get the impression you are most likely synflow, possibly So/Sx.
    What do you think?

P.S: Have you ever considered being 9 core before?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^^ Good observation, I noticed the doubting nature as well, that also applies to other threads 4-wings exude far more "mystery" and not second-guessing.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

your blog seems stereotypically so/sx 9+7 combination

TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    This is probably not too helpful, but everything you've said there sounds more like w6 to me.
    (Just the very doubting nature of your post is rather w6, for instance.)

5w6 is more stereotypically "scientific" when it is combined with a 1 fix and So/Sp stacking.

I get the impression you are most likely synflow, possibly So/Sx.
    What do you think?

P.S: Have you ever considered being 9 core before?
    I considered 9 as my core for the longest time, but with getting quite a few feedback on sounding like a 5 core, as well as finding 5 relatable to myself and always having a doubt between 9 and 5, I decided to question it further. And So/Sx sounds pretty possible actually? I normally would say that sx actually what I suck at, but I kind of have it in a weird way? I get locked on to one person at a time and make them main priority, but there isn't any sexual or romantic feeling towards them, if that makes sense? I tend to keep a pretty welcoming image to others and don't really like making anyone sad, but at the same time, that one person is the only one truly care about if I would have to be honest. Which, often makes me feel guilty as I feel like I am acting fake towards many people, but at the same time I don't really bite my tongue if something actually sounds off. I would say 5 or 9 so/sx most likely, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    ^^^ Good observation, I noticed the doubting nature as well, that also applies to other threads 4-wings exude far more "mystery" and not second-guessing.
    Most likely. I don't think it is core 6 enough of a thing but still, there is a lot more 6 influence than 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    your blog seems stereotypically so/sx 9+7 combination
    Hm... I actually do consider 7 as a possibility as well, there certainly is a 7-5 5-7 line connection I feel, only question would be where I fall on it. Then again... Hm. It might be growth towards 5 then? I used to abandon any friendship when things would get pretty deep and like, there would be no juice left and I would just hop to another with another persona? I didn't think it would be 7 as there is often more of existential dread underneath, but again, that's 7s theme, isn't it? Trying to run away from bad feelings. I think I kind of learned to letting myself live them more then? In either case, it is 7w6 or 5w6 I suppose? It also might be what @Cassandra picked as more 9-core ish vibe? I don't have a view of everything eternally going to be fine but I still find myself automatically faking a cheerful persona.

Heck, my favourite songs are actually pretty depressive and existential question filled songs which have a pretty upbeat tune and in Japanese so I can sing it around and seem like I am actually happy while lyrics themselves would be expressing meaningless?

Edit: Also, the 1-perfectionism expected from self under pressure is very much a real thing I feel? It might be 7 core, which could explain the 9-5 dilemma I have?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ApeironStella View Post
    I considered 9 as my core for the longest time, but with getting quite a few feedback on sounding like a 5 core, as well as finding 5 relatable to myself and always having a doubt between 9 and 5, I decided to question it further. And So/Sx sounds pretty possible actually? I normally would say that sx actually what I suck at, but I kind of have it in a weird way? I get locked on to one person at a time and make them main priority, but there isn't any sexual or romantic feeling towards them, if that makes sense? I tend to keep a pretty welcoming image to others and don't really like making anyone sad, but at the same time, that one person is the only one truly care about if I would have to be honest. Which, often makes me feel guilty as I feel like I am acting fake towards many people, but at the same time I don't really bite my tongue if something actually sounds off. I would say 5 or 9 so/sx most likely, then?

Most likely. I don't think it is core 6 enough of a thing but still, there is a lot more 6 influence than 5.

Hm... I actually do consider 7 as a possibility as well, there certainly is a 7-5 5-7 line connection I feel, only question would be where I fall on it. Then again... Hm. It might be growth towards 5 then? I used to abandon any friendship when things would get pretty deep and like, there would be no juice left and I would just hop to another with another persona? I didn't think it would be 7 as there is often more of existential dread underneath, but again, that's 7s theme, isn't it? Trying to run away from bad feelings. I think I kind of learned to letting myself live them more then? In either case, it is 7w6 or 5w6 I suppose? It also might be what @Cassandra picked as more 9-core ish vibe? I don't have a view of everything eternally going to be fine but I still find myself automatically faking a cheerful persona.

Heck, my favourite songs are actually pretty depressive and existential question filled songs which have a pretty upbeat tune and in Japanese so I can sing it around and seem like I am actually happy while lyrics themselves would be expressing meaningless?

Edit: Also, the 1-perfectionism expected from self under pressure is very much a real thing I feel? It might be 7 core, which could explain the 9-5 dilemma I have?
    5s avoid friendships because they feel like there will be big conflicts in them and they are intimidated by them. They find it hard to trust others and open up to them, because they want to be closed off emotionally and not be affected by things. They feel incapable of handling conflicts, like something is expected of them but they dont know what. They feel like they dont understand it yet, and a 5 needs to understand everything, which like all other types needs, is impossible.

9s also fear conflict but because it disconnects them from the other person. They dont want to bring alot of anger in, because that could cause their connection to be lost. 9s dont stay away people because they fear the conflict. They have a hard time taking a hard stance against a person (because it disconnects them)

5s "like" being disconnected - 9s dont.

7s tend to be quite open but have a tendency to "stay close to the surface" with others as they dont want to start talking vulnerably about serious problems as it has the possibility to depresses them and their Fear is pain and sadness.

Type 9 seeks to merge and become one with the environment and others in order to produce a feeling of being a part of something greater than oneself.
    Type 7 idealism reframes reality by paying attention to what's positive or interesting while avoiding what's negative or problematic.
    Type 5 observes the world by pulling back from it in order to gain a more objective understanding of it.
    (this one is poorly phrased imo because many types can relate to it but whatever)
    Last edited by maniac; 04-23-2017 at 08:33 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    5s avoid friendships because they feel like there will be big conflicts in them and they are intimidated by them. They find it hard to trust others and open up to them, because they want to be closed off emotionally and not be affected by things. They feel incapable of handling conflicts, like something is expected of them but they dont know what. They feel like they dont understand it yet, and a 5 needs to understand everything, which like all other types needs, is impossible.

9s also fear conflict but because it disconnects them from the other person. They dont want to bring alot of anger in, because that could cause their connection to be lost. 9s dont stay away people because they fear the conflict. They have a hard time taking a hard stance against a person (somewhat.)(because it disconnects them)

5s "like" being disconnected - 9s dont.

7s tend to be quite open but have a tendency to "stay close to the surface" with others as they dont want to start talking vulnerably about serious problems as it has the possibility to depresses them and their Fear is pain and sadness.

(this one is poorly phrased imo because many types can relate to it but whatever)
    I relate to 5 most at this description? I find myself time and again closing off to people even I consider my closest, "the main person of my attention whenever I actually pay attention to humans" person. In fact, that's kinda the problem I have with said friend? Whenever I try to be more "emotional" with her, I find that I end up only being able to give an analysis of our friendship often times. I also do draw back from her emotionally whenever I feel a "danger", ie whenever it sounds like she might not care about our friendship and me, I simply start to go numb towards her? There is like, an explosion like emotional moment I get whenever there is a risk of losing that one person, but other than that, I often find it pretty hard to actually keep up that emotional bond? I also only realize how much I actually care when I am about to lose that person, and get blindsided by how much I actually deep down ended up caring about not losing them but I also can just... cool myself off from them to not feel pain from the loss? I would still get depressed for a while but not admit it.

But like, with others, I only care about not making others happy not out of feeling a real bond with them but... I think it is more of image focused thing? I want to be seen as nice and if I were to be an asshole, or act uncaring, then that's not seen as nice. Like, many people would say that they feel like I can relate to them and they can relate to me but I often times would feel like no, I don't really relate to them. I am simply hearing them out and trying to help because that's the "good thing" to do. Other than that, I don't really care about them thing?

Edit: Also found this on Oceanmoonshine. Would you consider it as an accurate depiction of so/sx 5? If then, I feel a lot more connection to it.

Social/Sexual
    When reasonably healthy, people of this subtype can be very engaging (for a Five). They smile a lot and are often friendly. Their energy is quite different from the social/self-pres subtype because both the social and sexual energies push outwards, and so partly balance out some of the withdrawing tendencies of the Five. This doesn’t mean that people of this subtype are necessarily any healthier however. The outgoing energy is not the result of true integration to Eight but is the result of the compulsive pull of the instincts. People of this subtype are usually warm and when feeling secure are likely to let people in and even to initiate contact. When they feel insecure however, they can actually go to the other extreme and be very shy. For this reason, people of this subtype could easily be mistyped; those Fives who withdraw from social contact because of feelings of insecurity, might not seem like social subtypes at all. It might not be obvious that they actually very much desire contact. For people of this subtype, the social instinct actually works as a release value for the sexual component. When relaxed and comfortable with others, the sexual instinct can easily be seen.
    People of this subtype are very aware of how they “fit in,” and also experience the sexual drive of wanting to connect with intimates. Like other social/sexual subtypes, they have the tendency to cultivate many relationships. They want to be liked by everyone, but being Fives they also tend to hold a part of themselves back for fear of rejection or of being overwhelmed by the demands of the relationship. This subtype of Five is more likely to fear rejection than the other subtypes of Five. Because both of the dominant instincts are focused on people, any failure in the realm of interpersonal relationships triggers a fear that there is no safety in the world. Personality systems like the Enneagram function as tool to help this subtype of Five to feel safe in the world. People of this subtype tend to think that the more they understand people, the less chance they have of being rejected. This tends to be a blind spot for people of this subtype as they don’t see that what will actually help them to become healthier is gaining more life experience. This will help them to see that their world will not come to an end with a little rejection.

I used to friendship-hop on people. And also yeah, I had a compulsive "how can I make you all understand me and not write me off as 'you are on another world' 'you think far too complex' (actual things said by others time and again, which frustrated me as I could not find a way to make people actually understand)" so there is also that? Which also lead to "how can I understand and help you too so you can possibly stay" thing as well?

Edit 2: So there is a "I want to connect"--->"I don't know how to connect"--->"I am trying to connect but I fail"--->"I give up again"---> I try again"---é"I fear the connection because it can hurt me so nvm"--->"But I still want to connect..."----> circle there?

Edit 3: In fact, last part of that so/sx description is what actually happened? Said friend confronted me on how seemed to think myself more as a machine than human being and how I seemed to be too attached to personality theories and how it seemed like as if I was trying to use them as a guide to "not fail" relations with others while it would require real life experiences, which I try to avoid by simply conceptualizing everything? (She hit a nail there, certainly. I couldn't really say anything back to her at the time because damn, that really is what I do?) I am still the "robot" who has problem with understanding humans and human relationships so I compulsively analyze it, feel like I really can't get a grasp on it, get sulky and withdraw back to my hobbies, and feel the need to try again but in any case, whenever I try it isn't even in a really..."engaged" way with others, if that makes sense..?

"
    So/Sx 5's are focused on how they fit into the world and are driven to think about and understand others and society as a whole. So/sx 5's are driven to prove and direct their competency and understanding towards others, while generally being more engaging, personable, playful, friendly, social, adaptable, and likely more careless and scattered, carefree, and free-spirited than other 5's when healthy and feeling secure."

Yep.
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 04-23-2017 at 09:59 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's why I often would lean more towards being a 9 than 5 for the longest time, as I can certainly relate to them via my IE/CF having a rather 5-esque nature to them, but I wanted to question if I was mistyping due to a failed attempt of trying to sound and be more 'warm and friendly' rather than 'cold and detached' might have been a reason to fool myself into thinking I was a 9? Hmm... if 6 fix, would it be 964 then? I relate a lot more to 4 than 2 or 3, really? It also could explain why I also have a depressive mode switch as well? The calm and bubbly mode- the questioning mode- the heavy feelsy mode?

And well. LII 6 wouldn't be as stereotypical sounding, I am assuming? lead first and foremost would value freedom of thinking for yourself and judging for yourself, after all?
    The stereotypical head fix for LII is 5, yes, but that doesn't mean you cannot be LII with a 6 fix.

I'd actually suggest 963, because I do not see any traces of Type 4 in you. Type 4 is concerned with a unique and special image. They want to appear to be special and unique, and typically try to find and/or create a unique identity. Because of their lack of self and continuous search for something they feel is missing, they are melancholic at average to unhealthy levels. All 4s feel like something is "missing", it can be a very abstract longing, which I think has something to do with feeling like something in their childhood was "missing". Look up the Romantic(ism) Period/Movement, it revolved around that longing which is so characteristic for 4.

Again, I do not see that applying to you. Every type can feel depressed, for different reasons. A lot of 6s struggle with depression, which is typically tied to their anxiety. 3s can also feel depressed when they don't feel successful enough. It all depends. Just being depressed or having unique insights doesn't make someone a Type 4. Just like most IxTx can relate to 5 fix, so can almost all INxx relate to a 4 fix without being 4 fix - in my experience. That is because of the nature of having strong Ni.

I get the impression you could be the female version of Leonard Hofstadter from the Big Bang Theory, who I'd type in a very similar way as you. (I think he is most likely 9w1 So/Sx (953), LII-Ne.)

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stereotypical head fix for LII is 5, yes, but that doesn't mean you cannot be LII with a 6 fix.

I'd actually suggest 963, because I do not see any traces of Type 4 in you. Type 4 is concerned with a unique and special image. They want to appear to be special and unique, and typically try to find and/or create a unique identity. Because of their lack of self and continuous search for something they feel is missing, they are melancholic at average to unhealthy levels. All 4s feel like something is "missing", it can be a very abstract longing, which I think has something to do with feeling like something in their childhood was "missing". Look up the Romantic(ism) Period/Movement, it revolved around that longing which is so characteristic for 4.

Again, I do not see that applying to you. Every type can feel depressed, for different reasons. A lot of 6s struggle with depression, which is typically tied to their anxiety. 3s can also feel depressed when they don't feel successful enough. It all depends. Just being depressed or having unique insights doesn't make someone a Type 4. Just like most IxTx can relate to 5 fix, so can almost all INxx relate to a 4 fix without being 4 fix - in my experience. That is because of the nature of having strong Ni.

I get the impression you could be the female version of Leonard Hofstadter from the Big Bang Theory, who I'd type in a very similar way as you.

Hmm what makes me consider 4 isn't just being depressive but also the always feeling not fitting in? If 963 is the case hmm...I suppose it would be more of 963 like to try to regain connection with others then? See, why I consider 4 or 5 likey was mostly because of finding that others thought I was weird and never really getting why they thought that since I was just being myself thingy? It could be more related to being a LII female which values and in females, though?

And often don't exactly run after achievements? I tend to run after whatever could explain what gone wrong so I can figure it out and fix it way? I also tend to despise most 3 related things, especially since it is pretty valued in my society currently and what it does to children emotionally is pretty horrible. So I kind of have an aversion to 3 more than anything?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Hmm what makes me consider 4 isn't just being depressive but also the always feeling not fitting in? If 963 is the case hmm...I suppose it would be more of 963 like to try to regain connection with others then? See, why I consider 4 or 5 likey was mostly because of finding that others thought I was weird and never really getting why they thought that since I was just being myself thingy? It could be more related to being a LII female which values and in females, though?

And often don't exactly run after achievements? I tend to run after whatever could explain what gone wrong so I can figure it out and fix it way? I also tend to despise most 3 related things, especially since it is pretty valued in my society currently and what it does to children emotionally is pretty horrible. So I kind of have an aversion to 3 more than anything?
    All So/Sx people want to "fit in" more or less, so it would make sense for an So/Sx to become depressed if they feel like they don't fit in. Especially 963 wants to fit in. And yes, I agree that you being a LII-Ne female is reason enough for most people to think you are "weird" or "unusual".

Hm a lot of Type 3 things in our culture are very Se and/or Te valuing. I think that turns you off from it.

Here is a description of the 963 tritype, what do you think...?

The Mediator

Interest:
    – value success
    – need to stay engaged
    – want harmony, security and peace to feel happy
    – need to fit in and belong

Mission:
    – bring harmony

Character:
    – a chameleon
    – adjustable
    – balanced
    – comfortable
    – anxious
    – warm
    – congenial
    – phobic
    – is influenced by society
    – smooth
    – don’t have a real identity
    – accepting
    – focused
    – professional
    – accommodating
    – obedient
    – common archetype
    – healthy archetype!

Blind spot:
    – too focused on fitting in and belonging -> forget to speak their personal truths
    – deny and overlook negativity and difficulty

Fears:
    – failure
    – being incapable
    – fear itself
    – danger
    – being loveless
    – complication
    – disharmony, discord and conflict

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All So/Sx people want to "fit in" more or less, so it would make sense for an So/Sx to become depressed if they feel like they don't fit in. Especially 963 wants to fit in. And yes, I agree that you being a LII-Ne female is reason enough for most people to think you are "weird" or "unusual".

Hm a lot of Type 3 things in our culture are very Se and/or Te valuing. I think that turns you off from it.

Here is a description of the 963 tritype, what do you think...?

The Mediator

Interest:
    – value success
    – need to stay engaged
    – want harmony, security and peace to feel happy
    – need to fit in and belong

Mission:
    – bring harmony

Character:
    – a chameleon
    – adjustable
    – balanced
    – comfortable
    – anxious
    – warm
    – congenial
    – phobic
    – is influenced by society
    – smooth
    – don’t have a real identity
    – accepting
    – focused
    – professional
    – accommodating
    – obedient
    – common archetype
    – healthy archetype!

Blind spot:
    – too focused on fitting in and belonging -> forget to speak their personal truths
    – deny and overlook negativity and difficulty

Fears:
    – failure
    – being incapable
    – fear itself
    – danger
    – being loveless
    – complication
    – disharmony, discord and conflict
    I mean, 'being influenced by society' is probably going to a 'nope' for any lead as that would be, in their view, putting above ? And yeah. 3 has quite and vibe to it, all three elements I tend to butt heads with.

And obedience... not really? I find as many loopholes around everything I can, and kind of am known for my stubborness when I say no and dig my heels in. Of course, core 9 makes me waver with close friends and family, but there is still a passive aggressive no to it? I mean, I do care about being capable and at least maintaining a positive image on others often time, but again, general 3 descriptions just sound... nope?

Also, I didn't have 'only valued when they are succesful' thing with my family? I used to beat myself up for any failure but message I got from them was I was still going to be loved no matter what, which, ironically made me try to still keep good grades to not wastetrust they put on me? Then again, huh. I wonder if trusting a child's capacity too much can have effect of 3 pattern as well? It is often just described as they felt they wouldn't be loved without being successful but?

And yeah, one good thing to come out of typology was seeing that being an LII/INTP wasn't something broken to be fixed but just another way to perceive the world. Hm... might have to check 3 again, but still. The values described tend to not fit, but at the same time, there also is a self expectation to 'do good job' as well, since there always was a belief that I could/should be achieve anything, I think?

Edit:Then again, othering a 963 would be possibly one of the most cruel things one could do to them, no? It would be quite the sgock to ego and there would be new defense mechanisms growing towards cutting any way said fixes could have control over one to maintain their emotional and mental health, really?

TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing some research, it seems like any good description which doesn't just put 'they embody new trends and values of their society" seems to fit well? Those ones, especially:

[by timeless:] You'll hear that 3-6-9 is the most common tritype. I believe that this is true, but this is no quirk of the enneagram, nor is it random chance.

You'll notice that 3, 6, and 9 are id, superego, and ego types. The Type 3 element is constantly seeking to improve themselves, the Type 6 element is constantly seeking to improve their superego, and Type 9 is constantly seeking to mediate themselves. In a way, this is the healthiest tritype in Freudian terms.

This explains why 3-6-9 is the most common tritype: this is probably the optimal path of development.

[by Grey:]The 3-6-9 triangle has to do with the fact that they all line up together in their integration/disintegration lines, creating an endless triangle

the 3 and the 9 were total opposites of one another (external cultivation vs internal), and the 6 really was somewhere in the middle.

3-6-9 Triple attachment type

The attachment types (3-6-9) are most comfortable between the norming and performing phases, when everything's going smoothly and people know what's going on.

Those with the 3-6-9 tritype, especially 9s have a considerable amount of confusion around their identities. Type 9 is already the seeker, but 3 and 6 add more elements around the feeling of lacking a clearly defined identity.
    @Cassandra so thanks���� Again, it is most likely more of being LII thing as well as perhaps being more of critical soc dom than embodying one for society?

Edit: Also there is the "What if I can't achieve what is expected of me"worry as well for 3 really.

TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lastly:

This is far too accurate and actually comments on 4-7 vibe confusion oh wow.

Bliss Stream's Descriptions for the 9w1 Stackings
    so/sx 9w1

They want to contribute something new and passionate to society, but feel like too much of a social nonentity to do it. They may view themselves as 4ish due to issues around uniqueness, but these issues only arise because of how aware they are that others possess a sense of self, which only reinforces the 9's sense of nothingness....Since they know they lack a strong self, they lack hope about contributing something original. They resolve the quagmire either by spinning their wheels with fruitless and endless self-examination hoping to discover something deep about themselves or by conforming to various personalities and completely checking out. They are dispassionate in general but can seem more passionate, sad, or lively because they comply to a Oneish social instinct in the back of their head telling them how they should react and what's appropriate. They know underneath how internally unaffected they are. They are taken back by the possibilities of things they could imagine happening without stirring a real reaction in them and find it disturbing to think about how they could merge into anything... They can seem 7-like in their draw to books, people, beliefs, and adventures, but they are drawn to these outlets in hopes of receiving a sense of perspective and self. They have a nose for unconscious structures and may create a new language around patterns, themes, or archetypes in myths, traditions, history, and groups. They are easy to mistype because they can seem to run fully on the 'software" or agendas of different types. They may search for approval and validation like a 3, but reject the approval once they get it as if wondering why they would be worthy of admiration or attention in the first place. It's the 'agenda' 'software' itself they are addicted to, not the result.

TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping this thread again because 9 still most likely one for my main type but instinctual variants still kinda confuse me?

I can't exactly figure out if I am more of synflow or contra-flow, as I tend to mostly act in an "involving" manner for others and naturally can fake the "going along" "nice girl" vibe automatically, but also..?

I also do feel mostly removed from humanity as well? My true view of humanity is that they are pretty much parasites which eat a whole planet made up of so many different creatures and pretty much only macroscopic virus of this world. And I tend to get pissed at the fact that I am a human being as well, though I am starting to "accept" that as in more of "supress anger/feeling pissed" way more than a real acceptance. I would very much like to be just a consciousness without a body or not even a consciousness...

I do get the 9-ish feeling "inexistent" at times feeling, like I was talking with my mother about what we talked at Postmodern Society and Thinking class I take at college, and how it was about AI that class, and how I simply seemed to make neutral statements of most logical outcome (Ie. regardless of the end result being "good" or "bad", if a robot can 'feel' that they own a consciousness, they would want to be seen as equals. That's neither a good or bad thing on its own as what would cause end result is what kind of coding/programming they had as base code and how humans reacted.) and I realized that I have that for most things? When I don't have to interact with anyone, I simply seem to view things neutrally, see how so many different outcomes are possible by tweaking some variants. So, when I start to get that removed sense, I often end up going the end view of "my own view in this isn't any better or worse than other ones" and "does my 'view' even exist?", which often ends with a really diffused sense of self, though I can easily snap back to 'real world' and keep going as if that did not just happen. So it is not a question of 9-ness by now?

More of how my instincts might be playing. I find that I feel repulsed by more stereotypical so/sp people quite a lot (Ie GlassReflections- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLOEaIZPol0[/video] He just has this energy or maybe a lack of true energy that pisses me off?) so that kind of takes that stack out of list I suppose? There is just... a sense of dryness and far too 'professional' 'removed' vibe to him with a certain "trying to look royal/feeling some sort of superior" thing with him? With more "softer" ones, which also might be mistaken for so/sxs for their weak-sp if that range thing actually has some credibility, I seem to like them a lot more and have a mostly positive reaction to them.

What confuses me, I think... is more of second instinct? So-first still most likely the case, but I still doubt the sx intenseness, though it would be tamer compared to sx-firsts, I suppose? I seem to pay a lot greater attention to what is right and wrong with society and quite a lot more conscious of social labels than most people around me, as well is "proper way to human relations" stuff. I don't exactly focus on material things, save for liking collecting stuff and kinda also having a bad habit of eating bad feelings away thingy? What confuses me is how worried I actually can get when I don't have enough money on me because that would lead to depending on someone else (which I had no qualms with before, but kind of gained a sense of not doing that after situations) for the moment, so that makes me question sp too but most likely not...

This is all more of rambling at this point but eh. I don't want to take space by making a new thread since that's still the same trying to pin down my enneagram bullshit so...

Edit: I also value my personal time greatly and if I am out of social batteries, I have no problem with ignoring just about anyone. I would make a weak attempt to be nice but then just make or say something that would end the conversation or outright say that I have no energy for human interaction. This is most likely more tied to being a dom, I think?

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[by timeless:] You'll hear that 3-6-9 is the most common tritype. I believe that this is true, but this is no quirk of the enneagram, nor is it random chance.

You'll notice that 3, 6, and 9 are id, superego, and ego types. The Type 3 element is constantly seeking to improve themselves, the Type 6 element is constantly seeking to improve their superego, and Type 9 is constantly seeking to mediate themselves. In a way, this is the healthiest tritype in Freudian terms.

This explains why 3-6-9 is the most common tritype: this is probably the optimal path of development.

[by Grey:]The 3-6-9 triangle has to do with the fact that they all line up together in their integration/disintegration lines, creating an endless triangle

the 3 and the 9 were total opposites of one another (external cultivation vs internal), and the 6 really was somewhere in the middle.

3-6-9 Triple attachment type

The attachment types (3-6-9) are most comfortable between the norming and performing phases, when everything's going smoothly and people know what's going on.

Those with the 3-6-9 tritype, especially 9s have a considerable amount of confusion around their identities. Type 9 is already the seeker, but 3 and 6 add more elements around the feeling of lacking a clearly defined identity
    This actually relates to an idea I've had very recently, but I'd consider this the least optimal path of development based on my values. It's the most dynamically-stable tritype, so there's basically no risk and no reward, just stasis. And no one would call stasis development.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    5s avoid friendships because they feel like there will be big conflicts in them and they are intimidated by them. They find it hard to trust others and open up to them, because they want to be closed off emotionally and not be affected by things. They feel incapable of handling conflicts, like something is expected of them but they dont know what.
    This is just grasping at straws. 5s are afraid of inadequacy, not the other things you listed. 5s avoid conflicts if they don't judge themselves as adequate, but once they do, well, 5 integrates to 8 and you see action. And then you have 5s with 8 fixes like you have 7s with 4 fixes who are pulled between conflicting desires. Your 5 description literally is a "5 with a 9 fix" description, and you project that onto anyone even vaguely 5-ish the same way that many people assume any black man or boy in a hoodie is a thug even if white people wear hoodies all the time with no comment. No wonder you have such a poor understanding of people in general. Like yes, 9 is the most common gut center type, so it might be fine to assume that until people meet a reasonable standard of proof, but you claim to be focused on individuality in yourself then make pitiful attempts to deny it to absolutely everyone else (basically, typing people a certain way far beyond them demonstrating conflicting traits to what you've listed, and also trying to get them to act that way to fit your conceptualization of the world), and you don't see why everyone is calling you worthless left and right? You're as pitiful as you'd pitifully like people to think you think you are. No matter how "So-last" you call yourself, you try to act like some sort of enneagram Uebermensch (although I'm sure this is entirely the result of your view of yourself as having a special relationship to your master) and assign everyone a place in the enneagram Gattung while claiming the top role in this microcosm of a forum for yourself and projecting that perfection you reject in yourself onto your master in the macrocosm (e.g. your fascination for "4-7-9" mansions, etc.). No one goes along with it, but they still have to fight a little bit to stop your delusions from infecting everyone like a nervous-system parasite.
    Last edited by Pallas; 05-01-2017 at 10:59 PM.