Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are certain types more suitable to live as male or female?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I think that those who are less likely to fit into society's norms are also less touched by, less affected by the opinions and pressures of that society. In other words, they're not working against the grain, but following their own. (Iow they don't really care whether they seem feminine or masculine or think much about it.) And similar to Sol's sentiment, if you have someone who loves and appreciates you, who gives a damn what the rest of the world thinks?

Those who struggle the most are probably those who are trying to work against the pressures of society because they are so influenced by those pressures. imo. May also have to do with the environment you were raised in, whether your particular traits were accepted as okay or not. Overcoming early environmental pressures can be a real struggle for many people.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Masculine cannot really be framed in a cognitive sense; it's related to animalistic instincts that cognition tries to keep under control or suppress entirely. Maleness is really a biological state in which the primary imperative is to fight for the right to impregnate females. For clarity, cognitive processes should be treated separately from all biological functioning; they can be superimposed later.

a.k.a. I/O
    Ha! Masculinity is due to testosterone. That stuff changes brain function and hence cognition.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Ha! Masculinity is due to testosterone. That stuff changes brain function and hence cognition.
    Testosterone changes one's preoccupations or focus, not the way the information regarding the preoccupations or focus is processed. One has to also separate brain function from information processing - like separating apps from CPU function.....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I think Gulenko did pretty good job framing mentality of types in terms if masculine and feminine.........
    Yes, unfortunately; nobody seems to have yet recognized that NOT separating out the independent variables creates errors in system modelling......

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testosterone changes one's preoccupations or focus, not the way the information regarding the preoccupations or focus is processed. One has to also separate brain function from information processing - like separating apps from CPU function.....

a.k.a. I/O
    Absolutley.

This summer I had a chance to work in very close proximity to a transman. He was on one of my crews. It is my opinion that although he has the looks, the demeanour, and the mental and emotional conviction of a man, he still processes reality like a woman. I'm sorry if anyone disagrees and I fully support the move, even in terms of a medical intervention, in order to change genders.

I just don't think that testosterone alone, as you say, changes the way information is processed. To many countless thousands of moments growing up in which the processing occurs and you can't mold the adult brain to instantly change neurone firing because you'r pumped full of a sex hormone and you cut your tits off.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Changes it a little bit yeah. Not huge earth shattering changes. I would know as I used trenbolone before, the most powerful anabolic there is, so, I observed closely how my cognition functioned (I always do, like a movie).

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rebelondeck testosterone elevates the subject's subjective threat response to stimuli perceived as threatening. If subjective threat response influences the way information in processed, testosterone plays a role.

Citations:
    https://www.elsevier.com/about/press...onse-to-threat
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/280915.php
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...06453012003204

@Aramas testosterone isn't the only variable that contributes to biological differences between sexes. Levels of grey matter, white matter, structural differences, chemistry, and blood flow impact how the sexes differ, generally speaking. If we define "masculinity" and "femininity" according to how society interprets gender roles, then the objectivity and/or expectations of society is the deciding factor in what "masculinity" and "femininity" are. However, if we define "masculinity" and "femininity" as real, biological phenomena found in nature, then neurological components act as the deciding factors of these traits.

Citation:
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...etween-genders
    Last edited by Desert Financial; 09-30-2018 at 04:53 PM.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post

This summer I had a chance to work in very close proximity to a transman. He was on one of my crews. It is my opinion that although he has the looks, the demeanour, and the mental and emotional conviction of a man, he still processes reality like a woman. I'm sorry if anyone disagrees and I fully support the move, even in terms of a medical intervention, in order to change genders.
    At least one study has suggested that trans brains function more like the brains of the gender they identify with than the sex they wound up.

Can't speak for your coworker, but it looks like trans people generally have causal reasons for feeling different.
    Last edited by Desert Financial; 09-30-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    ........If subjective threat response influences the way information in processed, testosterone plays a role......testosterone isn't the only variable that contributes to biological differences between sexes..........
    Threats cannot create information processing structures or algorithms out of the blue but they can slow, confuse or shut down the processes within the structures. The ways of processing remain constant but what is processed, and whether or not the processor can handle it can change dramatically. Even though not all brains are created equal, the same information processing structure (type) likely can run on all of them that are within some normal range.......

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 09-30-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

gulenko associates hormones with subtype, with test being "contact", meaning it is inclined to close the distance not go around or extend the distance between itself and obstacles

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    gulenko associates hormones with subtype, with test being "contact", meaning it is inclined to close the distance not go around or extend the distance between itself and obstacles
    Link?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

there's a lot on contact/distance thing, but the hormones was something he mentioned in a video, I have no idea the exact one

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    At least one study has suggested that trans brains function more like the brains of the gender they identify with than the sex they wound up.

Can't speak for your coworker, but it looks like trans people generally have causal reasons for feeling different.
    I only know one person and I can say with certainty that although he looks like a man and talks like one, his reactions from facial expression--to body movement, to personality, to even the focus (high ethics in a majorly Te/Se setting), was most distinctly that of a woman. Even the dynamics of interacting with the men, it was obvious that something was 'off'..not wrong like morally wrong, just off.

You can't become a man as an adult and miss out on the years and years of unspoken, unconscious/subconscious cues you learn to pick up on from childhood onwards while interacting with your peers.

Also, you talk about threat response and yes, this person always seemed to be in "fight me mode" which does not play well when in close quarters with men, and the group dynamic is further off set when there was an artificial hiaarchy as he was briefly a leader. I have to say breifly because the guys on his crew quickly became disenchanted by his raw raw raw bravado. Men don't like being controlled in all aspects, from touching their bodies, to controlling their actions, to telling them how to do tasks, to also being open and communicating and chatting endlessly. These are methods woman interact with more: singing, ect.

Funny, the best time it seemed he had was when he was interacting with an all female crew we were working with beside..

Edit: Every guy needs a little bit of an island and usually that's ethics, so you stay out. Woman operate differently in this regard.
    Last edited by timber; 09-30-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those who can learn to handle the fight me mode and use it are the successful ones. The rest who don;t know how to play with the mind games end up in prison, or have a diminished life due to troubles.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Masculine cannot really be framed in a cognitive sense.
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Medical scientists have shown that the neurons in the brains of males and females are connected in a different way. My opinion is that different neuronal connections in the brain leads to different forms of cognition.
    The level of the hormones Estrogene and Testosterone in the blood have also effects on the brain function. Studies showed this.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Medical scientists have shown that the neurons in the brains of males and females are connected in a different way. My opinion is that different neuronal connections in the brain leads to different forms of cognition.
    The level of the hormones Estrogene and Testosterone in the blood have also effects on the brain function. Studies showed this.
    The brains may be wired differently but they likely run the same apps (type structures). In my view, the female N, S, F and T is defined the same as that of a male and the biological (machine) influences should be modeled separately from fundamental cognitive structures....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my view, the female N, S, F and T is defined the same as that of a male and the biological (machine) influences should be modeled separately from fundamental cognitive structures....
    The cognitive functions are (original) definitions by C.G. Jung. I don't know if he has definded the functions based on his perceptions of persons of which gender.
    Maybe you know more about it.
    There must be a reason why more women are ethical types and more men are logical types.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    The cognitive functions are (original) definitions by C.G. Jung. I don't know if he has definded the functions based on his perceptions of persons of which gender.
    Maybe you know more about it.
    There must be a reason why more women are ethical types and more men are logical types.
    Jung's definitions are only the start and the product of an earlier time - like physics was to Newton. A majority of female brains do seem to prefer F-rationalization and this is one reason why I refer to N, S, T, and F as preferences. There seems to be an infinite number of brains but a restricted number of information processing structures, which is why I propose that they should be modelled separately from the mechanics of the brain, especially gender - the operating system is an entity distinct from the computer........

a.k.a. I/O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12