Thread: Made in Abyss

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Made in Abyss

Interesting anime/manga. I finished the anime (up to where it's gotten anyway), and I've been keeping up with the manga. The art in both is incredible, but it makes sense given how long each chapter takes to produce. Monster designs in it are top tier, by the way.

Any thoughts on the characters? I think Riko and Reg are ILE and SEI respectively. Ozen some kind of ST. I'm interested in Bondrewd's type though; he reminds me quite a bit of a character I'm writing.
    Last edited by Starvish; 04-11-2018 at 05:31 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mio Q View Post
    Interesting anime/manga.
    Would be interesting if you'll wrote the list of your favorite animes.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Would be interesting if you'll wrote the list of your favorite animes.
    Hmm okay! Well, all of my friends and I really liked Kill la Kill. Recently my girlfriend and I watched The Ancient Magus' Bride and Little Witch Academia, and we enjoyed those. Lots of other fun anime like Gurren Lagann and Space Dandy definitely top the list too. Special thanks goes to Fullmetal Alchemist for getting me into anime in general.

And in terms of manga, Berserk (and now also Made in Abyss) are definite favorites of mine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mio Q View Post
    Hmm okay! Well, all of my friends and I really liked Kill la Kill. Recently my girlfriend and I watched The Ancient Magus' Bride and Little Witch Academia, and we enjoyed those. Lots of other fun anime like Gurren Lagann and Space Dandy definitely top the list too. Special thanks goes to Fullmetal Alchemist for getting me into anime in general.
    And in terms of manga, Berserk (and now also Made in Abyss) are definite favorites of mine.
    Thanks a lot. I plan to watch good anime. If you may recall other titles you liked too - I'd appreaciate you listed them also.
    I want to find titles which E-9 may to like, as there is possibility you have this E-type. For my E-1 is rather important to understand the inner world of E-9 types to reduce own mistakes with people.

your current list of good anime:

Kill la Kill
    The Ancient Magus' Bride
    Little Witch Academia
    Gurren Lagann
    Space Dandy
    Fullmetal Alchemist

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Thanks a lot
    No problem! And yeah if I think of any more I'll let you know.

Back on the subject of the thread, after talking about it with wasp briefly I now think Riko is IEE and Reg is ESI.

Other character thoughts right now:

Nanachi- SLI?
    Mitty- IEE
    Nat- T type
    Shiggy- ILE
    Habolg- SEE?
    Lyza- SLE
    Ozen- LSI
    Maruruk- EII
    Prushka- IEI
    Bondrewd- Some screwed up Ne-ego. He's obviously meant to parallel Riko and what she could become. And he clashes hard with Reg.
    Kajiya- LIE
    Faputa- lol no clue

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooh, I adore this anime! Last ep really got me in the feelz (ugh, I have a soft spot for Nanachi)

Earlier episodes, I had Riko and Reg pegged as IEE/SLI. Riko is Ne base irrational for sure! Reg— he actually doesn’t seem too bothered by her unpredictability; seems to even enjoy it along with all the unending knowledge she willingly puts out. I can see SEI-Si working for him (along with ExI... I’m actually starting to lean EII).

Riko - IEE-Ne
    Reg - SEI-Si
    Ozen - LIE-Ni?
    Lyza - SEE
    Maruruk - EII
    Nanachi - SLI??
    Mitty - IEE<3
    Bondrewd - LSI?! Honestly I have no idea. I can see effed up IxE for him tho
    Jiruo - LSE-Te
    Nat - SLE?
    Habolg - ESE or SEE?
    Shiggy - LII

I’ll prolly get into the manga soon, I’m actually rlly looking forward to season 2. I just didn’t expect to get so hooked 8D

@Sol Mio gave you some good suggestions there. A few more to add onto your list:

- Children of the Whale
    - Land of the Lustrous

They both have 9 vibes to them
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bondrewd- LII-Ne is what I'm thinking now. And yeah Jiruo is an LSE-Te who looks out for his dumb activator Riko.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Kavia I agree very hard with your recommendation of Land of the Lustrous. Don't want to derail but let's just say that if a guy like me loved it that says a *lot* about how just plain good it is. Also, dig the avatar pic. Which mineral/gem is it?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@End THANKS man, and yeah, it was SO good; I was actually surprised at how much I liked it :’D Ppl complain about the CG but cmon, it’s really not that bad. The plot totally makes up for it. I really can’t wait to see what season 2 has in store; I’m very curious to see how the whole “religious” aspect of it all ties in. Also, my icon is Zircon~ the super determined bby of the group. :’)

@Mio Q Oooh, why LII u say? I’m curious now. And lmao @ dumb activator, their relationship is adorable tbh
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kavia View Post
    @End THANKS man, and yeah, it was SO good; I was actually surprised at how much I liked it :’D Ppl complain about the CG but cmon, it’s really not that bad. The plot totally makes up for it. I really can’t wait to see what season 2 has in store; I’m very curious to see how the whole “religious” aspect of it all ties in. Also, my icon is Zircon~ the super determined bby of the group. :’)

@Mio Q Oooh, why LII u say? I’m curious now. And lmao @ dumb activator, their relationship is adorable tbh
    Look, if all CG was of the caliber displayed in that series nobody save for purists would have a problem with it. Far as any anime fan who's seen it is concerned, it has set the bar. If you're *that* good then by all means, CG for life! Imagine if the nightmare that was the new Berserk or (for Western fans of sci-fi like myself) If "Babylon 5" had Land of the Lustrous-tier CG for all those epic space battles. In regards to the former, all fans would have no complaints. Best decision ever (sadly it wasn't). In the latter's regard people grinned and bared the CG, but if they had then what we saw now? Damn, imagine a world where that overtook Star Trek in terms of pop culture influence. (As it probably should have, given how DS9 and B5 are basically the same show with different initial premises).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kavia View Post
    Reading the manga it felt like his Ne and novel idea-seeking sort of personality was one doing so to accomplish a certain end regarding his health and personal safety, like the self health-preserving focus of a Si hidden agenda. I don't want to spoil too much since I don't know if anyone else read this far, but while he's a mad scientist he's quite calm and mainly focusing on getting... a better body for himself for the purposes of being able to continue his life and research. He also feels too rational to be EII or an IEE like Riko despite the parallels in their pursuit of exploring every nook and cranny of the abyss.

Riko's Te makes her catalogue the Abyss for the sake of having all this info and facts, while Bondrewd's Ti wants to know the systems all surrounding it and what this can mean for himself and the sake of preserving his own life, as well as drawing logical connections with the curse; his approach with Nanachi and Mitty and all the other kids was a means to an end for his now full, coldly logical understanding of the "rules" of the sixth layer curse.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Keeping up with the manga some more and

Veko- EII
    Wazukyan- ESE-Si
    Belafu- LII

TIM
    ILI-Te sp/sx 549
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know about socionic, but Bondrewd reminds me of an ENTP/INTP in MBTI. He isn't a psychopath, as much as you want to believe. He uses Fe, but his need for experimentation is more important than his bonds (inferior Fe). He definitely uses Ti, and comes up with creative ways to use "things" that no one has thought of before (Ne).

I enjoyed the manga and anime, but I hated the pedophilia vibes from it. It was often jarring and took me out of the story. But being anime, and from Japan. I often overlook some of it. I rather have them drawing their pedo shit than actually doing their depraved fantasies on little kids. Or it could be realistic in some way, but I do not want to be the one to judge that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starvish View Post
    Ozen- LSI
    seems so

strange anime
    it's made in a style for small kids, while has adult scenes as violence and sex related