Thread: What's your dosha?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default What's your dosha?

Do you know what your ayurvedic dosha is/are?

http://eattasteheal.com/Ayurveda101/ETH_BodyTypes.htm

I'm Kapha.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

By your link I would pick vata I think.

vata-pitta.PNGvata-pitta2.PNG

I have taken these two before and usually the results are vata-pitta.

https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/info/prakriti-quiz/

https://store.chopra.com/dosha-quiz

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Pitta

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ohhhh. Very interesting.

My first glance says Pitta-Vata-Kapha, will take the test later

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Ohhhh. Very interesting.

My first glance says Pitta-Vata-Kapha, will take the test later
    Confirmed: Pitta 82 | Vata 70 | Kapha... 22

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kapha > Pitta, I think.

Fairly balanced though on the tests.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What if I don't care?

Nonetheless, from your link I guess Kapha is highest by a bit, then Pitta and Vatta fairly close with Pitta a pinch higher.

From Aylen's quizzes:

= First one:
    Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 18.15.00.png

= Second one:
    Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 18.29.06.png

~*Me so special*~
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@GuavaDrunk it's not like it's that important, but if you understand your general body type and the doshas, you can know what steps you can take to maintain your health and emotions/mind generally and ward off imbalances.

so my type is Kapha so for general maintenance I should follow Kapha guidelines otherwise I'll manifest Kapha problems like being fat and slowing down too much and having a stagnant mind lol. right now i have a vata-natured imbalance though (too much worry and anxiety, heart palpitations), so eating grounding foods that are normally not great for Kaphas at this time are good for me now (walnuts--grounding for vata) while still following Kapha guidelines overall.

first test gave Kapha-Vata second on gave Kapha-Pitta

Kapha makes a lot of sense. I realized that my skin is much drier than it used to and this test made me consider that it's probably because i've been eating a lot of cereals as of late. I've recently moved to another country and still have not got into eating normally. No more dry snacks for this kapha. Glad I have an extra reason to eat chilli.

edit: I think that the dryness also comes from daily use of make-up removing wipes =// back to coconut oil
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 03-21-2017 at 08:40 PM.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've taken a professional assessment in Thailand years ago (lol) and got Pitta. Makes sense since my Chinese element is fire too, and I'm Choleric-Sanguine.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I had this guy do my vedic astrology chart and he says I have a yoga that gives me kapha constitution. The tests says otherwise though. I didn't read the whole thing yet because it was like 100 pages and full of charts I am not familiar with.

http://www.astrologykrs.com/

Maybe I am kapha mind trapped in a vata-pitta body. I am tran-something.
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-28-2018 at 02:38 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    @GuavaDrunk it's not like it's that important, but if you understand your general body type and the doshas, you can know what steps you can take to maintain your health and emotions/mind generally and ward off imbalances.

so my type is Kapha so for general maintenance I should follow Kapha guidelines otherwise I'll manifest Kapha problems like being fat and slowing down too much and having a stagnant mind lol. right now i have a vata-natured imbalance though (too much worry and anxiety, heart palpitations), so eating grounding foods that are normally not great for Kaphas at this time are good for me now (walnuts--grounding for vata) while still following Kapha guidelines overall.
    I have been buying some kapha and pitta teas but I decided not to get the vata tea. I also bought some stuff from banyan to treat my allergies. I felt the pitta tea would probably be better for me but it has been pointed out recently that I have some vata specific things going on with me.

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I have been buying some kapha and pitta teas but I decided not to get the vata tea. I also bought some stuff from banyan to treat my allergies. I felt the pitta tea would probably be better for me but it has been pointed out recently that I have some vata specific things going on with me.
    whats been going on and have any of those teas made a difference?

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sort of tea, is it a compound?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aylen thinking about it, based on what i know of you you're probably mainly Vata (jk about what i said about mainly Pitta before, but yeah you could be a mix), though i'm certainly no expert. tests and especially astrology lol can be iffy. an ayurvedic practictioner will look at your bodily constitution, ask you about your and your family health history, and feel your pulse to determine your dosha. i recently got assessed by a professional and he gave me pure kapha. most people have one or two primary doshas, with tri-doshic people being 5% or less of the population i've read.
    Last edited by niffer; 03-21-2017 at 05:18 PM.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

kapha means fat

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I am Pitta-Vata

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

whats been going on and have any of those teas made a difference?
    They make the biggest difference in substituting caffeine and sugar. I don't need to put sugar in them to drink them. I think the act of drinking them is good for my state of mind if nothing else. Satan showed me this site since he thought I was primarily vata too after I told him my average bpm of my heart. I have always had a light fast heartbeat but low blood pressure. I also have had a murmur since childhood. There is a chart on the link. I do want to see someone and get evaluated too but the closest is an hour away.

My rate right now is 95 bpm as I write this. It tends to get faster when I write. I have not stood up for about a half hour so it is close to resting other than my fingers moving.

http://www.ayurvedacollege.com/articles/students/pulse

I can relate to things in all three but vata-pitta seems fine. Body is more vata probably.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    What sort of tea, is it a compound?
    The pitta is

"Rose petals are considered cooling in ayurveda, helping to pacify Pitta dosha. • Licorice contributes the sweet taste, useful for pacifying Pitta. • Cardamom is considered an excellent digestive, especially beneficial for bloating and intestinal gas. • Ginger is a zesty spice useful in aiding digestion, promoting appetite and helping with occasional stomach discomfort. • In ayurveda, cinnamon is used to balance the digestion and can also help with occasional stomach discomfort."

and the kapha is:

"Spice wise: •Dried ground ginger is a warming spice, contributing the pungent taste. It helps pacify Vata and Kapha and increases Pitta. It is included in many Maharishi Ayurveda formulations because of its beneficial properties. •In ayurveda, cloves are considered to promote healthy circulation, digestion and metabolism and to help with occasional stomach discomfort, such as gas, bloating and nausea. •Black pepper is considered an important spice in ayurveda. It has cleansing and antioxidant properties, and it is a bioavailability enhancer — it helps transport the benefits of other herbs to the different parts of the body. It helps the free flow of oxygen to the brain, helps enhance digestion and circulation, and stimulates the appetite. •Cardamom is tridoshic (good for balancing all three doshas). Cardamom is considered an excellent digestive, especially beneficial for bloating and intestinal gas. It is excellent for balancing Kapha, particularly in the stomach and the lungs. •Turmeric is ubiquitous in ayurvedic cooking. It contains the flavonoid curcumin, which is known to have many beneficial properties. This all-around wonder spice is said to help detoxify the liver, help maintain balanced cholesterol levels, help maintain a healthy response to allergens, stimulate digestion, and support immunity and a healthy complexion. It is also an antioxidant. "

YWIMW

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pitta is

"Rose petals are considered cooling in ayurveda, helping to pacify Pitta dosha. • Licorice contributes the sweet taste, useful for pacifying Pitta. • Cardamom is considered an excellent digestive, especially beneficial for bloating and intestinal gas. • Ginger is a zesty spice useful in aiding digestion, promoting appetite and helping with occasional stomach discomfort. • In ayurveda, cinnamon is used to balance the digestion and can also help with occasional stomach discomfort."
    Lol, that's what my mom has always said whenever she buys me sweats

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Niffer
    most people have one or two primary doshas, with tri-doshic people being 5% or less of the population i've read.
    I feel like that'd probably be me though, and 5% is 1 in 20 so not particularly rare, just not common. I don't have any particular motivation to go talk to some Ayurvedic person right now though so I can't reasonably care, although on this test I got Pitta > Vata > Kapha (some elements of all of them, but in that order).

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    I feel like that'd probably be me though, and 5% is 1 in 20 so not particularly rare, just not common. I don't have any particular motivation to go talk to some Ayurvedic person right now though so I can't reasonably care, although on this test I got Pitta > Vata > Kapha (some elements of all of them, but in that order).
    I read that 5% line in an interview transcript with an ayurvedic practitioner. I have no idea how accurate or hyperbolic what she said was.

Simply having an "average" or "balanced" seeming body constitution doesn't mean you have a mix. You can feel how you want to feel though, nobody's stopping you.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    kapha means fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    I am Pitta-Vata
    then you should be kapha?

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that 5% line in an interview transcript with an ayurvedic practitioner. I have no idea how accurate or hyperbolic what she said was.

Simply having an "average" or "balanced" seeming body constitution doesn't mean you have a mix. You can feel how you want to feel though, nobody's stopping you.
    That's not the entirety of my reasoning, but as I said, I don't really have any motivation to see some Ayurvedic person right now, so I don't know (I don't even know which of the 3 on the test I'd predominantly or only have for sure either, since it's, well, an Internet test) and I can't really care.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vata: 34

Pitta: 52

Kapha: 72

I can see a case being made for a Dosha-Temperament correlation
    Last edited by Jake; 03-22-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is your dosha?

The three doshas—Vata, Pitta, and Kapha—are derived from the five elements. Also known as mind-body types, the doshas express unique blends of physical, emotional, and mental characteristics. In Ayurveda, health is defined as the dynamic state of balance between mind, body, and environment. You can achieve and maintain a vibrant and joyful state of health by identifying your mind-body type and creating a lifestyle that supports your unique nature.This Dosha Quiz will give you a breakdown of your proportion of each of the three doshas—Vata, Pitta, and Kapha—within your unique mind-body constitution. You’ll find out your dominant dosha, which reflects the dominant force in your overall mind-body makeup. You’ll also learn about your secondary and least dominant dosha and how they play a role in your mind-body physiology.
    Here be the quiz

Did you find your results accurate to your mind/body make up?

Mine is Vata (thin/slender build, enthusiastic & talkative, dry skin, favors sweets, blah blah) and I find it hits pretty close to home. :'O

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Vata > Kapha > Pitta for me

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tri-doshic ~

they're gonna spam my email now!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ooo
    haha! that's why i make a junk e-mail specifically for stuff like that ;')
    or if you're feelin mischievous you can input a random e-mail (don't listen to me, i'm a bad influence)

tri-doshic tho, that's pretty awesome!! Would you say this is accurate for you? vvv

Being a vata-pitta-kapha type means that all three doshas are strong forces in your constitution. If you are one of the rare people who possess this prakriti, good news: you have a very sturdy constitution. You tend to get sick less than others and can tolerate a wide variety of seasons and environmental conditions. By nature, your constitutional forces will tend to balance each other and maintain a healthy equilibrium. source

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    tri-doshic ~

they're gonna spam my email now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavia View Post
    @ooo
    haha! that's why i make a junk e-mail specifically for stuff like that ;')
    or if you're feelin mischievous you can input a random e-mail (don't listen to me, i'm a bad influence)

tri-doshic tho, that's pretty awesome!! Would you say this is accurate for you? vvv
    How did you guys determine this? I've been starting to wonder this for myself too (since I feel like a blend of ecto-meso-endomorph). And my practicioner from before was a dingus. Do you guys relate to that?
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

80% Vata, not sure what is secondary but Pitta is likely.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@niffer

Supposedly your main dosha is determined by how your health/body's been like throughout your whole entire life-- so you could very well be tri-doshic :'D

Would u say these characteristics applied to u while growing up? v

Physical Characteristics of the Tridosha body type:
    · Tridoshic individuals are blessed with ideal physique and near-perfect body weight.
    · With all the three Doshas in equal measure, these individuals are considered to be the healthiest of the lot.
    · Having said that, they are also prone to minor ups and downs as it is extremely difficult to maintain the perfect balance at all times.
    · These people generally do not complain of any major health issues.
    · Tridoshic individuals can’t tolerate extreme weather conditions.
    Personality traits of the Tridosha body type:
    · With the natural balance of all the Five Elements, i.e. Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Space, Tridoshic individuals boast of a very balanced mind.
    · They think through things really well before arriving at a decision.
    · These individuals usually display a sound temperament and are lucky to get a sound and refreshing sleep.
    · These individuals are also blessed with a good learning power and strong memory.
    · However, they have a secret fear about unknown things and find it difficult to manage extremely stressful situations.
    With that, we complete our understanding of the various Ayurvedic body types. The story however, is not over yet. There is lots to learn about the body types in terms of what keeps them balanced, what can cause an imbalance, the ideal diet for a particular body type and so on and so forth. We will have it all covered as we go along. Just stay with us. source

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@niffer

Supposedly your main dosha is determined by how your health/body's been like throughout your whole entire life-- so you could very well be tri-doshic :'D

Would u say these characteristics applied to u while growing up? v
    Thanks for the info share!!! Yeah they all do apply I think. Except maybe the extreme weather condition ones, but I don't know if I've ever experienced "extreme weather"...
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is tri-doshic. Yay.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ehmmm... I wouldn't.. Idk tho I've recognized myself in the description but it seems a bit too optimistic for what I make out of my body.. ugh... don't know.

Great ideas for the emails!! lol

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ooo
    Haha, they’re just congratulating you since it’s rare :’P be proud of it regardless of ur dosha(s)! Your body only wants you to survive in its own unique way

Also ty, I’m literally a 12yo preteen boy on the inside lol

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

���� <rainbows~

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)