not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    For kicks, do these kinds of ILIs even exist? I am definitely your stereotypical messy ILI, but rumor has it that very neat and tidy ones exist. Anyone know these folks?
    My ILI is not very neat and tidy in general, except in a few specifics where he's developed strong habits. Like brushing his teeth every morning-- he cannot not brush his teeth in the morning; like, we'll be on our way out the door with two minutes 'til church starts, and he has to run back inside to brush his teeth, he can't ignore it. His pockets are filled with useful things, like a pocket knife, chapstick, spare keys...and every item has its designated place.

Other things, though...He'll walk in the door with something in his arms and just drop it into the first spot that looks good (but then, I do this, too). Or, he'll once in a while absentmindedly place something important-- like his glasses-- in a random place and forget where he put it.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    Robot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I clean, I can go all out and get obsessive with it and don't stop. But that is like once a month. There has to be a reason for me to be clean, i.e. someone actually coming over or the chance that someone will come over.
    /

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My house is always a mess but when someone comes over I feel the need to rush and put everything in its place. When I don't make it in time...slight defeat, but I continue anyway.

I also tend to obsess over my hair before I go outside, I've gotten comments on this one.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, basically if there are no obvious obstructions then it's good. Also, smooth & clear surfaces.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appearances appearances. Speaking of tidiness, INTjs are known for being organized/tidy in their own way, like if you walk in to their room it might look like a mess, but they'll know exactly where everything is located because they placed it there on purpose. My friend is like that. My room, on the other hand, is gradually messy, because I don't really add or move anything to it, but I don't consciously know what objects I've interacted with. You wouldn't see me trying to organize anything, because I probably saw x object last week, and now I need it, if someone moved in an attempt organize, they'd probably put it some place new or atypical and I'd get frustrated. I don't really care much for vacuuming, similarly to Se valuing, if it looks okay then it is okay. No one's looking at the top of the picture frame. I leave my windows closed because I know I'll never get around to closing them again, and I'll likely just freeze to death at night...and I've done that without ever caring. But windows help freshen the air (they say). I'd like to say I'm clean at a basic level most of the time. I don't really see how dirty someone can get, if there is dirt or food on my face I'll try to wipe it off. I could not really care a whole lot about my surroundings though, but occasionally I will see a mess and clean it up due to bad vibes.

All in all, I kind of wish I was better at being clean and fit, appearance wise. It would be fun to be a golden aura for a day.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For kicks, do these kinds of ILIs even exist?
    Normalizing subtype?
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much a combination of everything pianosinger, Saoshyant, aixelsyd and polikujm said. I keep my body [obsessively] clean, but my place is another matter. I just put things out of my way and simply don't notice them anymore. I occasionally make it look good, and big yes for cleaning when someone is going to stop by, it's a very strong factor in my motivation. Actually living with someone who doesn't have ridiculous standards (as in, not obsessive rational parents who had the opposite effect on me) can be motivating to keep things cleaner, as well. I think it may have to do with imagining how it looks through the other person's eyes, and if they notice this kind of things I make up for it by consciously paying attention to those, and it might probably even result in being obsessive - but it has only ever been about a single item in my case; if I'm cleaning something, I want this piece to shine, and I'm going to be upset when I find a scratch on its surface that I never knew about before. Or sometimes it's just that I notice someone else's mess because it's kind of unexpected and I realize how it looks. But I think it's first and foremost about not naturally paying attention to immediate surroundings, only having it dragged there by others, directly or indirectly. At least that is true about myself, regardless of my type.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know these folks?
    My uncle. Sort of.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    My ILI is not very neat and tidy in general, except in a few specifics where he's developed strong habits. Like brushing his teeth every morning-- he cannot not brush his teeth in the morning; like, we'll be on our way out the door with two minutes 'til church starts, and he has to run back inside to brush his teeth, he can't ignore it. His pockets are filled with useful things, like a pocket knife, chapstick, spare keys...and every item has its designated place.

Other things, though...He'll walk in the door with something in his arms and just drop it into the first spot that looks good (but then, I do this, too). Or, he'll once in a while absentmindedly place something important-- like his glasses-- in a random place and forget where he put it.

what kind of guy carries chapstick.

Creepy-Korpsey

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    One who lives where it's windy and/or dry.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From my experience, ILIs are sanitary but not orderly.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like order most of the time.

But I can also make a hell of a mess and don't care at all.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys with moist, juicy lips

Creepy-Korpsey

The half dozen ILI chums I consulted all reported good personal hygiene, but asked whether their homes were well ordered they all responded "I wish."

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if schoolwork exists, my house is often a slovenly, chaotic pit of misery where I don't relax, I just refuel.

If I have nothing to do, I delight in cleaning.

If someone's coming over, I clean.

WHEN I LIVE with others, I keep my stuff out of the common areas religiously. . . except --->

I did my family's dishes for eons and struggle with OCD when I do dishes (if other people have to eat off them), so I loathe doing dishes because I'll sanitize one for minutes to protect people from microbes or something (tertiary Fi, I think).

ENTj bud wants to visit, but I told him my house is way too messy for anyone to come over (although ENTP I-will-never-mate-with, has-seen-me-at-my-worst, best-friend, brother-type can briefly come inside).

I would think some ENTJs would share this ILI's chaotic-hovel-making tendencies. Apparently not this one (nanashi has a disgusted face). Although, in my ideal home/relationship, we would have a pretty open, non-encumbering house, so I guess I'm just putting that off because my own physical comfort isn't as important to me as ensuring comfort for housemates and myself to ease psychologically discomfited symptoms in a group-living arrangement

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He started carrying the chapstick while he was dating me, because I kept asking him if he had any
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awwwww ... cute Chapstick story.

I'm 98 percentish sure my mother is ILI, and she's reasonably neat, but of course, this assessment is coming from an IEI. What I can say is that she hates housework of all kinds but feels it has to be done. There are some things--spots, smells--in her house that I think are gross, honestly, because I'm really sensitive about that stuff and she has several pets. :\

I also hate housework, but the difference (I think) between her and me is that she has coasted along for years doing the bare minimum and cannot see too clearly that things look iffy. I can see when things look bad, so I eventually hired someone to deep-clean my house every week, and then someone to help me organize (those days are over for now post-marriage). The other obvious difference is that I'm aesthetically oriented, so messes offend me on that level, but to my mother, making something neat has nothing much to do with making it look good (by my standards).
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”