View Poll Results: sociotype of Bill Gates?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 9.09%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

3 9.09%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 3.03%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 3.03%
  • ILI (INTp)

4 12.12%
  • LIE (ENTj)

20 60.61%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 3.03%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Gates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bill Gates

Since there has been much interest in the socionics type of William (Bill) Henry Gates III, I thought we might as well decide the issue once and for all with a democratic vote. Since we do not have any proper reliable methods for determining the types of celebrities - or indeed even our own - I believe this method of typing is, at least at this time and place, no worse than any other. For the sake of fairness and tradition I listed the types in their proper order in the Socion. As you can see I am in the mood for silly polls :wink: - and hoping to encourage people to register, all thoughts and ideas are naturally welcome, but anonymous comments are significantly less likely to elicit a thoughtful response.

quotes:

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.

Life is not fair; get used to it.

As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.

Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Of my mental cycles, I devote maybe 10% to business thinking. Business isn’t that complicated.

I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.

Expectations are a form of first-class truth: If people believe it, it’s true.

Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.

The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.

Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t get summers off, and very few employers are interested in helping you. Find yourself.

I believe that if you show people the problems and you show them the solutions they will be moved to act.

I believe in innovation and that the way you get innovation is you fund research and you learn the basic facts.

Last edited by silke; 12-21-2019 at 05:37 AM. Reason: updated links
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, look at this blow-up cutout of Bill Gates's chin:

Probably the most defining characteristic of any INTp is a completely flat, long chin. I have one, Wittgenstein has one, and Bill Gates has one.

INTp it is.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :)

Nah! ENTJ. He's been fad badly in those college days.
    drake
    --Dilemmas are illusions.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't believe anything on that site, Transigent. Please. There are more people mistyped that correctly typed on there.

Here are some things I know to be true of Bill Gates:

- He was one to sit and be very quiet for long periods of time, thinking about anything (INTp trait.) His mother would often wonder about him for this.

- When confronting opponents like Steve Jobs, he would never raise his voice to him.

- He's a damn INTp! CuriousSoul knows what he's talking about!

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    He seemed like he really knew what was going on though, how do you figure?
    Not every American scientist is a "dumb redneck yahoo," and not every Russian scientist is intelligent.

Most of those people on there are in direct conflict with the types on socionics.com.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn’t true that Bill Gates has asperger syndrome? It is a possibility that he could be an ENTj.

Albert Einstein had asperger syndrome and caused many people to type him as an INTp. Socionics websites however classified him as an ENTp.

Although in my personal opinion, Bill Gates looks like an INTp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before he got rich, he told some software engineering company that he had the source code for a t1800 emulator BEFORE HE WROTE IT. They gave him a timeline for the presentation, which was a few weeks away. He used that as incentive to write his program. That has to be either or ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Albert Einstein had asperger syndrome and caused many people to type him as an INTp."

Actually, it caused many people to type him as Ti, Ne, Si, Fe, which is INTP within the MBTI system, and more closely correlated to INTj in the Socionic system then INTp.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In response to:

"How come so many places type him as ENTj? Why the confusion? And perhaps we should continue this in the Bill Gates type thread rather than here. I don't want to hijack fairgeeks thread."

I would state that the trumpeted marketing ability of ENTjs causes one to correlate any individual whom is extremely successful in such indeavors; thus, due to his extraodinary amount of economic success, individuals, due to the vaunted business skills ENTjs supposedly have, mark him as such.

And I'm sorry if my statement appears a bit unclear; my medicine has made me a bit groggy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, an INTps agenda is to love, whereas an ENTps agenda is to be loved ...

It could be that he is ENTp and his agenda is to use wealth as a front to be loved. It doesn't seem like his goal is to love taking your description of him is true.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ENTj's hidden agenda, however, is to become rich.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly, an ENTjs agenda is to gain, which could translate into material wealth.

It is more so the motivation, did bill gates seek to become rich because he wants fame and acceptance or purely for profit?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Before he got rich, he told some software engineering company that he had the source code for a t1800 emulator BEFORE HE WROTE IT. They gave him a timeline for the presentation, which was a few weeks away. He used that as incentive to write his program. That has to be either or ...
    I don't think people saw this, but this does not strike me as a typical ... it seems like the stronger ego type is the followed by the .

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or if extroverted ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically what I am saying is the fact that bill gates called the company first shows that he has dominant P and dominant N ...

This was however a HUGH risk, since he did not have the software written and could indicate a dominant primary or ego function ; however, he didn't seem to worry much about the negitive consequences of not finishing the priduct and he had no reason to. If he did not finish the project before the presentation, he could have used the fact that he was a complete unknown and a reluctant college kid to pitch his idea to another company. In the mean time, he used the pressure tio finish on time as incentive to keep working, a J type would procrastinate and put work off till the last minute. Bill Gates started first and procrastinated second.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the other hand ...

http://www.pc-history.org/pc-software.htm

" They also resented MITS' tie-in tactics. These hobbyists invented "multi-user BASIC". A group of users would chip-in and buy one copy for $150 and then make copies for each member of the group. In addition, Altair BASIC had a "trick" so that it would not work on other 8080 computers. The hobbyists found the "Inverted I/O Bit" and fixed it so that the BASIC would run on any other 8080 or Z-80 machine. They called their stolen product "New Jersey BASIC " and freely distributed it all over the country.

As a result, Microsoft did not get the income they expected from their BASIC and Bill Gates became enraged. He wrote a letter to the editor of BYTE Magazine in which he called the computer hobbyists cheats and thieves, who robbed him of his just returns on his software. He further declared that he would write no more software for microcomputers. Can you imagine what this industry would have become without Microsoft? However reason prevailed and Gates found a much more practical way to exploit his and Allen's talents. Microsoft sued MITS to break their contract and won in court."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thbis is what I was going on before ... I was getting the Altair confused with the 8080 in my mind thinking it was the t1800, which came later.

"About the same time as Tiny BASIC was being developed, Ed Roberts, owner of MITS, the company that made the Altair, offered to buy a version of BASIC that would run on his Altair computer. He specified that it include most of the extended features of Dartmouth BASIC not available on Tiny BASIC. Two Harvard students Bill Gates and Paul Allen answered the challenge by writing a program that simulated the Altair on Harvard's mainframe computer. They then proceeded to write a version of BASIC that filled Roberts requirements and sold it to MITS on a per-copy-royalty basis .Leaving Harvard, the partners moved to New Mexico where MITS was located and started their new software business ,called Microsoft."

I am trying to find the article that explained that Bill told Ed Roberts that he had a emulator for the Altair written befire he wrote it, and used that to earn his trust later when he actually deceived him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I read about Bill Gates the more J I am starting to see ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you not septuple post? Just use the edit post feature...

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTJ. I wonder how it is possible to think he was introverted.
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I thought he could be xNTp until I started to read about him, he is one greedy presumptious bastard from the sounds of it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

ENTj Ni subtype
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ENTj Ni subtype
    Come to think of it, he is rather ENTjish

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Yeah, ENTps are interested in "science" whereas ENTjs are interested in "business":

that's it /
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't really see a single reason not pointing toward Gamma NT.

LIE. I have a good friend and he seems introverted at times. But there is a huge difference between IP and EJ temperaments. Bill Gates is workaholic while ILIs tend to be lazy.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I initially said ILI, but probably LIE, yeah. He seems very Gamma NT.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy."

"You see, antiquated ideas of kindness and generosity are simply bugs that must be programmed out of our world. And these cold, unfeeling machines will show us the way."

"Windows 2000 already contains features such as the human discipline component, where the PC can send an electric shock through the keyboard if the human does something that does not please Windows."

lol
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0+- LIE

I don't care if you don't like phitypes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balmer is whatever type Jim Cramer is.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Gates might actually be LII. Came across as extremely calculating, rigid, and just classically rational.

btw, ****** often put people in basically identical jobs, so they would compete with eachother for his affection and attention.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah Balmer was pretty funny. Didn't consider his type too much as I was observing Gates.

That being said, this was a re-enactment. However if Gates was really like that, I'm thinking INTj.
    The end is nigh

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pirates of silicon valley was such a fantastic movie.

I always thought ILE but I guess the arguments for LIE are good. Old thread.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which type obsesses with fertilizer?

I am a little obsessed with fertilizer. I mean I’m fascinated with its role, not with using it. I go to meetings where it’s a serious topic of conversation. I read books about its benefits and the problems with overusing it. It’s the kind of topic I have to remind myself not to talk about too much at cocktail parties, since most people don’t find it as interesting as I do.

But like anyone with a mild obsession, I think mine is entirely justified. Two out of every five people on Earth today owe their lives to the higher crop outputs that fertilizer has made possible. It helped fuel the Green Revolution, an explosion of agricultural productivity that lifted hundreds of millions of people around the world out of poverty.

These days I get to spend a lot of time trying to advance innovation that improves people’s lives in the same way that fertilizer did. Let me reiterate this: A full 40 percent of Earth’s population is alive today because, in 1909, a German chemist named Fritz Haber figured out how to make synthetic ammonia. Another example: Polio cases are down more than 99 percent in the past 25 years, not because the disease is going away on its own but because Albert Sabin and Jonas Salk invented polio vaccines and the world rolled out a massive effort to deliver them.

Thanks to inventions like these, life has steadily gotten better. It can be easy to conclude otherwise—as I write this essay, more than 100,000 people have died in a civil war in Syria, and big problems like climate change are bearing down on us with no simple solution in sight. But if you take the long view, by almost any measure of progress we are living in history’s greatest era. Wars are becoming less frequent. Life expectancy has more than doubled in the past century. More children than ever are going to primary school. The world is better than it has ever been.

http://www.wired.com/2013/11/bill-gates-wired-essay/

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LIE-Ni, ofc

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the lovable nerd type - Ti-ILE sp/so 6, the 'strongside' sp-motivated subtype

this sounds like +Fe hidden agenda coming from him, similar to what an EIE would believe:

"Expectations are a form of first-class truth: If people believe it, it’s true." - Bill Gates

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Bill Gates - ISFJ - Dreiser
    Are you Boris – the algorithm guy?

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a LIE-Ni that never developed his Se HA.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    He is a LIE-Ni that never developed his Se HA.
    Looks to me like he "developed" it just fine - he was well known for being a ruthless jerk in his earlier days at Microsoft.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Looks to me like he "developed" it just fine - he was well known for being a ruthless jerk in his earlier days at Microsoft.
    That's not Se. If he had Se, he wouldn't have this very wimpy vibe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast