Thread: video portraying an ExTp/IxFp interaction

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default video portraying an ExTp/IxFp interaction

This is one way in which Fe creatives fulfill the hidden agenda of Fi PoLR types.

The back story is that the guy with the sunglasses was hoarding supplies and was being difficult about giving them up. He wasn't hoarding supplies and being difficult simply because of his type (obviously), but it didn't help that prior attempts to get stuff from him were notably... well, not anything like how Hurley went about dealing with him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5D-aPYB87Ro

(Just ignore the few seconds of the next scene at the end.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know which is which? The guy laying on the chair is Ij temperament, he's a calm and balanced person, if he's anything like the other Ij temperaments I've encountered IRL. He could even probably be Ip from that scene. The other seems Xp.
    Edit - hard to tell if the guy laying down is ISTp or IxFj
    Last edited by lkjhgfdsa; 01-17-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm, the guy in the chair with the sunglasses is the EXTp? The other guy is being Fe creative... getting under the first guys defenses, lightening him up, humoring him perhaps. Actually that's helpful. Maybe I am Fe creative.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjhgfdsa, have you seen Lost? That's what the scene is a clip of. Overall the guy's temperament isn't laid back, imo. The fact that he was resting in that scene doesn't mean much.

I'm not very far into the show, but so far the guy in the chair seems SLE, and the guy asking for the flight manifest is very likely SEI.
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately Ive never watched Lost, came in thinking it was going to be some homemade non-voyeuristic video interaction, so my opinion may change. So for now my opinions will just be based on that video.

Anyway, I can only go off past typings and similarities characteristic movements and stay away from listening to what they are actually saying because in certain situations they can say stuff out of character(real or fiction).

to show you what I mean(though i'm not sure you would agree with the typings, i found them from another site and happen to agree with them), compare this ISTp(pierce brosnan): http://w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=G rYq 1ku5GUc (sorry it wont embed so copy n paste and delete the spaces)

To this ESTp(bald guy):

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched a few more Lost scenes and Sawyer strongly reminds me of the character Shrek, who I typed as ISTp. ESTp's give me a more respecting vibe which is probably due to Fe hidden agenda. Also they give off strong physical vibe but seem unaware of it, probably due to Ni suggestive. ISTps for some reason give me vibes of slobs.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hurley is blatently not IEI. SEI would make more sense. I could certainly see Sawyer as Fi PoLR. He left that woman in the second series didn't he.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I don't know about Sawyer being the same type as Shrek.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I'm not very far into the show
    No spoilers please.

the guy asking for the flight manifest is very likely SEI.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any signs of Fe hidden agenda in Sawyer? I initially thought he had Fe PoLR

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the clip from lost is a great example of SEI and SLE. joy got the types right i think on this one.

sawyer is very sle, too. he's like a con man.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    Are there any signs of Fe hidden agenda in Sawyer? I initially thought he had Fe PoLR
    PoLRs (such as Se and Si, Fe and Fi, etc.) can look alike if you just look at how a person acts. You have to look at how they respond to those functions in other people in order to get a complete picture of their type.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    sawyer is very sle, too. he's like a con man.
    That's not why I think he's SLE though. I definitely see the Se, and that scene demonstrated his response to creative Fe.

I think SLE's are usually nicer than he is, too. His back story explains why he acts the way he does though.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PoLRs (such as Se and Si, Fe and Fi, etc.) can look alike if you just look at how a person acts. You have to look at how they respond to those functions in other people in order to get a complete picture of their type.
    ah I see... I was wondering do any examples of him responding to Fi come to mind? I think he is a fascinating character

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this example works.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not why I think he's SLE though. I definitely see the Se, and that scene demonstrated his response to creative Fe.

I think SLE's are usually nicer than he is, too. His back story explains why he acts the way he does though.
    SLE's are cons....it's just whether they con for good or not so good.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so Sawyers is definitely a T types as he has weaker Fi and Fe.... this seems obvious to me. If he was a ESTp I would think he would definitely have to be an ESTp-Ti as the Se you say you see I'm not necessarily seeing as much, and seems to be withheld somewhat. In addition I would say that Sawyer is nicer than a lot of ESTps.... internally speaking I mean. It seems like underneath his exterior he has a somewhat decent heart. Anyway that's just my two cents.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea View Post
    Ok so Sawyers is definitely a T types as he has weaker Fi and Fe.... this seems obvious to me. If he was a ESTp I would think he would definitely have to be an ESTp-Ti as the Se you say you see I'm not necessarily seeing as much, and seems to be withheld somewhat. In addition I would say that Sawyer is nicer than a lot of ESTps.... internally speaking I mean. It seems like underneath his exterior he has a somewhat decent heart. Anyway that's just my two cents.
    that's also my perception

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best show on tv.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Best show on tv.
    definitely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea View Post
    It seems like underneath his exterior he has a somewhat decent heart. Anyway that's just my two cents.
    That was my impression, but I still think he could be ISTp. ISTp's would rather have people not ridicule their feelings so they try to mask it with a "I don't care about you enough" behaviour kinda vibe, probably Fe PoLR, and blow the 'ridiculing' possibilities out of proportion because of weak Ne, but they are not afraid to use their Ne as you can see it helps him prevent from showing his feelings, to the extent that he tries to show none at all. He'd rather show it to people he can trust to people who can show that they are willing to keep strong personal bonds.

Also, about his past, ISTp's weak Ne can blow anything out of proportion so even if they have not had a past like Sawyer they can act like they do. ESTps would be adverse to using Ne.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkjhgfdsa View Post
    That was my impression, but I still think he could be ISTp. ISTp's would rather have people not ridicule their feelings so they try to mask it with a "I don't care about you enough" behaviour kinda vibe, probably Fe PoLR, and blow the 'ridiculing' possibilities out of proportion because of weak Ne, but they are not afraid to use their Ne as you can see it helps him prevent from showing his feelings, to the extent that he tries to show none at all. He'd rather show it to people he can trust to people who can show that they are willing to keep strong personal bonds.

Also, about his past, ISTp's weak Ne can blow anything out of proportion so even if they have not had a past like Sawyer they can act like they do. ESTps would be adverse to using Ne.
    I agree he might be ISTp. The jury is not out in my mind either way. I have a friend who is a lot like sawyer who I can't decide on his type. What I don't see in Sawyer is the typical Fe dual seeking behavior of ExTps.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well one way to tell is that ISTp's like direct communication, no hidden vagueness that deals with the imagination that Ni provides. To ISTp's it seems like they are hiding something, and makes them even more paranoid with their weak but valued Ne. In the video it seems Hurley could probably be ENFp. Though both ISFp and ENFp have the same creative long range short range functions(+/-).. Don't know enough about Hurley to say. He could also maybe be INFj. Anyway ESTp's do well with vagueness, because to them there's nothing vague about reality at all, and this constant unawareness of vagueness seems to provide Ni people with a lot of fun. Sort of like baiting people. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by lkjhgfdsa; 01-22-2008 at 12:21 PM.