Thread: real or fictional examples of SLI females / ISTp women

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default real or fictional examples of SLI females / ISTp women

i know there's a specific description for SLI females but i'm curious to find more concrete examples of this type in its ~*~female form~*~

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I type Katniss Everdeen from Hunger Games as SLI. She's sometimes typed as LSI or even SLE but I disagree.
    Mikasa Ackermann from Attack on Titan is another example. Often typed LSI but I think when it comes to fiction the difference between LSI and SLI is that LSI are people of systems/principles/plans + vision/goal (Batman) and SLI are people of craft + morals (Fi-HA). Often it's the hidden agenda that forces the protagonist to start the journey while the ego-functions give him a set of skills to survive it and Katniss fits this view well imo.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLI females are pretty rare in fiction. I haven't found a single one character really fitting to SLI socionics, just a few on ISTP mbti, maybe. We are not pretty popular guess (plus we are kind of boring lol).

I don't know and haven't met (yet) any other SLI girl in person. IDK about famous SLIs either. On sites you can find often famous being typed as X, but most of thw times we can't even know the accuracy of those affirmations.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-31-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about Skully from X files? she gives that SLI vibe... and she's around his activation partner, Mulder is probably EII (everyone thinks he's mad and he just couldn't care less).

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Cosmic Teapot
    i've always thought of katniss as ESI. what makes you think SLI? (i could see it but i'm curious to hear your reasoning) she can't stand effy (ESE) and she has a love-hate, hot-cold relationship with haymitch (Ne-lead, leaning ILE). gale seems to be some type of Ni-creative, leaning LIE but it's not set in stone, they had a good thing going before the peeta nation charmed the katniss nation, but none of this invalidates SLI. it just seems more ESI-ish.

@Slugabed yeah i've never understood the "SLIs (or any delta, aside from IEE) are boring" anti-hype. SLIs are up there with Ne-leads for me.
    maybe san from princess mononoke? (i've typed her ESI but i dunno, she's like... animated, so it's hard to say)

@hybris theory i haven't seen x-files yet but it's plausible! any other ideas? the female protagonist in "dakota skye" seems SLI-ish to me.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think Scully could be LSI or SLI (but most likely LSI guess).

I see Mulder as Extroverted Intuitive.

I don't think Katniss is a feeler. She's often typed as ISTP on mbti. However I think her physical appearance is really ESI, because the actress is Fe lead EIE or ESE irl and some girls of these types could have physical similarities with some ESIs (and like her role as Katniss is introverted then she looks like ESI).

San its hard to type as character imo. SLx could be. But I havent seen the full movie either.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

her staunch dedication to her loved ones and how vehemently she protected them always screamed ESI to me. i think it's semi-common for ESIs to be mistaken for thinkers, given the nature of the rational temperament, namely Ji-lead and Se-creative, Se-subtype in particular, and the self-focused aura of the gamma quadra. she was caught in perpetual conflict with haymitch, all throughout books 1-3. i think jennifer lawrence bastardized the character of "katniss" so i try not to take her portrayal of katniss into account, but SLI is still plausible. she's definitely introverted, "serious", and sensing.

what's your take on lisbeth salander from the millenium series, slugabed?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lisbeth? Not sure about type I think on ILI, LSI or SLE.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    I type Katniss Everdeen from Hunger Games as SLI. SLI are people of craft + morals (Fi-HA)
    That's a good call for me, having read the books (haven't seen the films)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scully looks rigid and she's initially in contrast with Mulder's views, but she soon becomes curious and will turn to be fundamental for all the discoveries... I thought of her being LSI too, but she seems more Te valuing (facts and data), and Si because she keeps some objects as if they're a fetish of some kind... but it's her vibe~ really.. kind of SLI to me.

Mulder's motto is "I want to believe" and that's a pretty EII statement. For sure he's an Extroverted Intuitive, but I see him Fi valuing above all else. All that he does is because of his personal story.. and on top of that, he's very much a loner, not trying to reach a spotlight or convince everyone of his ideas (as an IEE would do).

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Sameen Shaw from Person of Interest .maybe.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The only thing that I know is that probably a Si user wouldn't enjoy openning dead bodies as Scully...
    Also SLIs, specially SLI girls aren't so skeptical on supernatural, it's even on the Beskova female portrait. SLIs believe that everything could be possible but maybe not plausible. Idk, but like I think Scully was really skeptical if I can remember well. But there is always the possibility of her bein SLI

Here is the thread of their typings http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ghlight=Scully
    Last edited by Hope; 07-26-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk Sluga lol, that was just my impression. From that thread it looks Mulder could be all sort of things, and Scully is mainly seen as a LSI. Their modus operandi reminds me of Delta quadra anyway. Dedication, no time for loud fun and jokes, work, missions, insights, blah blah. They don't look much like a dual pair either, Scully is very skeptical, yeah. But that's her character, because she values Te and what the official science says about ufos, and that's a kind of Delta attitude, to follow the program and adapting to it. Betas are more for imposing their own views on others instead, and neither Scully nor Mulder does that, they're guided by intuition, by external unexplainable facts, the ufos. Mulder seems the more attuned of the two, and Scully is always surprised of Mulder's actions, because they don't follow her idea of "appropriate", as they're guided by his intuitions, but she falls in love with them. She's even the one to back up all of Mulder's unbelievable claims, although she initially doesn't want to believe, because she can't. But she loves that and you can see it.. and that's Ne. Mulder is not an ENTP as some says, to me, because he's not as logical, he's more of a feeler, and an introverted one. Although for sure, he's some kind of super brainy being, but more on the visionary way that a few EII are capable of. He's no extrovert and he doesn't push his ideas, he's guided by them, because he has an inner call... but I don't wanna spoil lol.

Anyway, fictional characters are a special breed because they're just unreal and such people don't exist in real life

If Mulder is Eii, he's got a very strong 7 fix, as well most likely then being an Ne subtype, consequently having an even slightly weaker Se. Though fictional characters are usually a bundle of traits from numerous types, they do seem to generally fall under one or two. What's an Eii Ne-3 like btw?
    As for Sli females, there's a rather unknown manga, whose name I forgot, where there's a deliquent delta st whom falls in love with a delta nf, that gets put under a spell to attract all delinquent girls. It's actually a very good manga, unlike anything you might imagine from that description lol.
    Kalinda from The Good Wife may also be an SLI, though I've heard of LSI as well.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    @Cosmic Teapot
    i've always thought of katniss as ESI. what makes you think SLI? (i could see it but i'm curious to hear your reasoning) she can't stand effy (ESE) and she has a love-hate, hot-cold relationship with haymitch (Ne-lead, leaning ILE). gale seems to be some type of Ni-creative, leaning LIE but it's not set in stone, they had a good thing going before the peeta nation charmed the katniss nation, but none of this invalidates SLI. it just seems more ESI-ish.
    I'll return to this once I find the time. Generally when we talk about the movie I don't have a problem with her being typed as ESI. I mean where exactly to we draw the line between a stoic and skilled ESI and a typical SLI? ESIs typically star in revenge stories, while SLIs are survivors. That however is not a rule and not strong enough for me to rule out ESI 100%. Although I don't see Katniss and Gale (agree LIE) as duals. When I type Katniss I have the books in mind which are written in first person and give a lot more information about her thought process and motivations.
    Also @hybris theory has a point. Typing fictional characters is tricky.
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 07-27-2017 at 12:04 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with San and Mikasa.

Angelina Jolie possibly. She seems ST, and seems to be motiavted by doing morally good things while also struggling ethically with stopping herself from doing really bad things.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    I'll return to this once I find the time. Generally when we talk about the movie I don't have a problem with her being typed as ESI. I mean where exactly to we draw the line between a stoic and skilled ESI and a typical SLI? ESIs typically star in revenge stories, while SLIs are survivors. That however is not a rule and not strong enough for me to rule out ESI 100%. Although I don't see Katniss and Gale (agree LIE) as duals. When I type Katniss I have the books in mind which are written in first person and give a lot more information about her thought process and motivations.
    Also @hybris theory has a point. Typing fictional characters is tricky.
    i'm looking forward to it. i haven't touched the series in years, like way before i was even aware of socionics, so i trust your judgment a little more on this front, plus i like reading character analyses. agreed on fictional characters being tough to type, that's why we gotta get some real examples up in here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI Female / my longtime running buddy .
    Because all delta STs do is be jocks in our spare time.
    True Story.
    Last edited by UDP; 07-30-2017 at 05:40 PM. Reason: because your mother asked for more pictures and I'm a nice guy
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@UDP my mother says thanks

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

man SLI chicks are so cool, I love those pics @UDP

I'm really into running myself; looks like you guys are living the life

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP you really VI LII to me.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol why was UPD uploading pics in here?
    and what's with those glasses? do they give them to all LSE?! I really like face expression anyway *_* you look like Will Sheff

how to spot LSEs: check for 70's glasses

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

method checks out

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    man SLI chicks are so cool, I love those pics @UDP

I'm really into running myself; looks like you guys are living the life
    Its tough because we have good relational sense in activities but there's just .... it's so jagged otherwise.
    I've had one distant friend see or hear of her and I and say we'd make a good couple -- and then met with all of us for an event and were like "oh, I see... NOPE!".
    I don't think LSE SLI would work in a relationship unless they were both on the same level of emotional awareness and neither one had awareness or desire to have any more emotional camaraderie. It can feel so jagged and rough at times. Or perhaps I'm effectively broken in by the NFs now
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I feel like SLI can't sustain a relationship in a weird way, like they need someone to really pick up the slack and very few people can manage that. I feel like SLI is one of the types most likely to end up alone. But they will always have friends (if they want them) because they are really loveable and so nice to be around. their inability to sustain things is subtle too, its not like they'll fight you outright and you'll be like my partner is an asshole. its more like they will just let things drop at crucial moments and its like it doesnt even phase them. that was the impression I got. I feel like if I knew what I know now maybe I could have made it work with my ex though. But it was our breakup that actually got me into typology, because I was trying to understand how two good people just couldn't seem to make it work

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would be nice to find out how many people start the typology approach after relationships when relationships seem to not work. I've read that's the motif that leaded to create socionics as well...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yeah from what I understand augsta was looking into why marriages failed, as her job in the USSR .

I'm sure that's why most people come to typology, because a relationship was being troublesome

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is no good...

It should be possible to find a video of a 100% SLI woman. Not fictional, but real person

Otherwise this thread has FAILED...

I've searched videos of female carpenters, mechanics and seamstresses. But didn't find anything that would be beyond doubt. Some of them are LSE, LSI...

If I search youtube

СЛИ Соционика

СЛИ 'Габен'

I get some examples of possible SLI women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWGMm__xDX4
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    SLI females are pretty rare on fiction. I haven't found a single one character really fitting to SLI socionics, just a few on ISTP mbti, maybe. We are not pretty popular guess (plus we are kind of boring lol).

I don't know and haven't met (yet) any other SLI girl in person. IDK about famous SLIs either. On sites you can find often famous being typed as X, but most of thw times we can't even know the accuracy of those affirmations.
    Would you mind making a video of yourself so we finally get to see a real SLI woman? Doesn't have to be any intelligent talk. We are all dying to see a SLI woman.

I know some in real life but they are not here and I can't film them.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Would you mind making a video of yourself so we finally get to see a real SLI woman? Doesn't have to be any intelligent talk. We are all dying to see a SLI woman.

I know some in real life but they are not here and I can't film them.

Honestly I'm a little sick right now about the attitude of some forum members so I'll have to think about it, but maybe one of these days.

On the other hand, what would you like me to talk about? some questions or suggestions of topic would be helpful because I don't really know how to talk in public or what to say, otherwise I'll upload a video of me working or something boring like that. lol

In this video are short appearances of SLI females.

Last edited by Hope; 07-31-2017 at 04:28 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    On the other hand, what would you like me to talk about?
    - show us your hobbies and talk about what ure doing
    - show us a place and talk about that
    - do something that youre really bad at and talk about that
    - open a bottle of wine and talk as you drink or be quiet. But at least say something
    - sit by the computer and scan through the forum and comment the threads and discussions. Why do you like/dislike a thread.
    - pick a subject from socionics that interests you then talk about it for as long as you can
    - do something together with a friend
    - make a combination of these and edit them together

Edit: if you make a video i hope i will not miss it because im going hiking for a few days.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sounds fun

@Tallmo, don't worry, I'll inform you.
    Last edited by Hope; 08-01-2017 at 04:19 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Morgiana from Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Susan Downey apparently!

No other person could long-term love and effectively handle a personality as eccentric and crazed as Robert's

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so bossy Tallmo! anyway I'm rethinking Mulder, maybe he's Te.. still working on Scully though... she does look some LSI... hm

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle Rodriguez - SLI

Mayte Michelle Rodriguez (born July 12, 1978) is an American actress and screenwriter. Her breakout was as a troubled boxer in Girlfight (2000), which was met with critical acclaim and earned her several awards, including the IDSA and Gotham Award for Best Debut Performance. The following year, she starred as Letty in the blockbuster film The Fast and the Furious (2001), a role she has reprised in four additional films in the F&F franchise to date. During her career, Rodriguez has played in a number of successful action films, including Resident Evil, S.W.A.T. and Avatar.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=miche...w=1280&bih=739

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that Nina Persson from the cardigans could be SLI, if not at least I talk with the same kind of wavering dry ugly voice :

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've known two for several years. They exist.

Both tend to ... not make good choices relationally for them :/

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Coco Chanel was probably SLI.
    Her mother died and she was raised in an orphanage where she learnt to sew. She changed the history of fashion forever when motivated for the uncomfortable clothing (corset and huge dresses) of the age, start designing and using her own clothing while being in parties of rich people. She introduced minimalism in clothing for women, trousers for females, jerseys, branded perfume, natural tanned skin, cheap costume jewelry (for those who cannot spend in real gems), black dress (because brilliant colors make her feel ill), and suits for women.

Source

Chanel designs vs fashion of her time:

And like she dated some infantiles...

Last edited by Hope; 08-01-2017 at 05:30 AM.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm rethinking Mulder and Scully again as EII and SLI :/ I even got why UPD uploaded his pics with the SLI, yey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast