Thread: EIIs-INFjs are not PC (politically correct)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default EIIs-INFjs are not PC (politically correct)

Please explain why. Must be a constructivist thing coupled with Aristocratic dichotomy and a mix of idealist introversion peppered with um...something. I'm trying to make a good steak, so speak up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    նեգր
    where did you get that word from LOL and what are you trying to say?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

by PC you mean politically correct?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    by PC you mean politically correct?
    EII not considering that the unofficial picture thread is a general place of just for pictures but rather picking a post inside of it to address which is off topic. Yes, generally behavior seeking to minimize social and institutional offense LOL. As in not really keeping that on their radar, consciously. Not being concerned for external behavioral norm of things.
    -

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think I have an answer to this now, though it may not be correct I can finally make sense of it in my head. Any Fi valuing type doesn't necessarily behave in a politically correct fashion, though they may. Objective realities are more a realm of Ti values. What I mean by this is that any Fi valuing type isn't concerned with what objectively 'is' or 'isn't' offensive. Instead, choosing not to (or not being able to) view their interactions as existing in this static framework of offensive behavior they decide that what is of primary importance is fostering harmonious relationships with those they are or wish to be close to. The emphasis is on the comfort and close distance of the relationship rather than on an objective interpretation of ethical behavior. So if it means being close to someone, and no one will get hurt, EIIs could be objectively offensive. Though probably not subjectively offensive, as in they may swear but not with the expressed intention to emotionally harm who they are talking to.

Maybe.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well I think I have an answer to this now, though it may not be correct I can finally make sense of it in my head. Any Fi valuing type doesn't necessarily behave in a politically correct fashion, though they may. Objective realities are more a realm of Ti values. What I mean by this is that any Fi valuing type isn't concerned with what objectively 'is' or 'isn't' offensive. Instead, choosing not to (or not being able to) view their interactions as existing in this static framework of offensive behavior they decide that what is of primary importance is fostering harmonious relationships with those they are or wish to be close to. The emphasis is on the comfort and close distance of the relationship rather than on an objective interpretation of ethical behavior. So if it means being close to someone, and no one will get hurt, EIIs could be offensive.

Maybe.
    That's a pretty good one. And great points, too. I especially agree with extraverts being more aware of not only objective emotions of others but also of ethical behavior because I think they care about how people see them. I just don't. I'm more concerned with the few I like and the rest can pretty much exist in grey zone until I decide where they go.

Ti values, valuers have been known to be more consistently PC and agreeable or rather Emotive types are much more agreeable or wanting to and acting that way in public arenas. I'm just not like that; just like Korpsy, I tend to lean towards sharp and rather hostile points of negativism and it can be quite apparent in my behavior, but it's certainly passing.
    -

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    That's a pretty good one. And great points, too. I especially agree with extraverts being more aware of not only objective emotions of others but also of ethical behavior because I think they care about how people see them. I just don't. I'm more concerned with the few I like and the rest can pretty much exist in grey zone until I decide where they go.

Ti values, valuers have been known to be more consistently PC and agreeable or rather Emotive types are much more agreeable or wanting to and acting that way in public arenas. I'm just not like that; just like Korpsy, I tend to lean towards sharp and rather hostile points of negativism and it can be quite apparent in my behavior, but it's certainly passing.
    You mean to use the word extrovert here in what sense? To mean extroverted ethics rather than introverted ethics?
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    You mean to use the word extrovert here in what sense? To mean extroverted ethics rather than introverted ethics?
    I don't know, it's probably more related to Emotivist/Constructivist, honestly than anything. Like knowing what's the general atmosphere like and maybe tailoring yourself accordingly to that. I'm just not that way; I can't control my internal barometer to operate like that. First of all, it doesn't factor in that way. It's not like I walk into a room and way "oh I must be controlled in these ways to appear this way." No, I walk in and I feel sad or I hear some things that I react to and that's how I usually move. That's what guides me, my morality you might say, or my knowledge. What guides me isn't how others might see me, because quite frankly I could give a damn about that, or what others might think of me, I could care less about that too since I always find people who want to be with me or agree with me
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't care about how people view me, and what moves I make, I care more about my ideas and knowledge and expressing them...why?
    -

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, it's probably more related to Emotivist/Constructivist, honestly than anything. Like knowing what's the general atmosphere like and maybe tailoring yourself accordingly to that. I'm just not that way; I can't control my internal barometer to operate like that. First of all, it doesn't factor in that way. It's not like I walk into a room and way "oh I must be controlled in these ways to appear this way." No, I walk in and I feel sad or I hear some things that I react to and that's how I usually move. That's what guides me, my morality you might say, or my knowledge. What guides me isn't how others might see me, because quite frankly I could give a damn about that, or what others might think of me, I could care less about that too since I always find people who want to be with me or agree with me
    I'm not entirely certain that any type behaves the way it does solely because it's being observed by others. I mean that may be the case, I doubt it though. Even behaving ethically or unethically probably isn't about being perceived as ethical or unethical.
    Easy Day

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care about how people view me, and what moves I make, I care more about my ideas and knowledge and expressing them...why?
    I don't have a clear answer to this, but I've always thought that it's more likely that you're not an ethical type, which may play a huge part in what you're speaking of. Your attitude is not entirely unique in that regard, is it? The fact that you mentioned Korpsy, instead of another ethical type speaks for that.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP AHHHHH

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a mix of bullshit as far as I am concerned, besides most of you in this very thread are, actually PC.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure it's Socionics related. Enneagram maybe?
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Hello.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next time you consider starting a thread with "EIIs are," instead opt for "I am." You'll likely get a serious response or two.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I support topfreedom and that's not exactly PC. Would that qualify?
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    Well, I support topfreedom and that's not exactly PC. Would that qualify?
    it is actually PC

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jwc3 put it pretty good. I can follow up with an example of EII logic.

If playing a game with an EII it may suddenly want to change the rules to my disadvantage because "I am winning and I am evil" and then the EII may go on with some ethical rant to try to convince the other people of the rule change and he does it with this aura of being on the moral high ground and makes me look like I am the one that is disingenuous because he feels it is the right thing even though rules are rules and I am winning this shit.

So not PC, IMO you need Ti for that or something
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.