Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i'm on my period

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default i'm on my period

not really. but how did you feel about that?

women talking about their periods. men mentioning their sweaty ballsacks. somebody saying they feel gassy. lol.

are you squeamish about these kinds of topics?

Creepy-Snaps

I thought you were warning us, in the event of any angry posts in the near future.

Doesn't make me uncomfortable, but I find talking about such subjects are less than professional.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we have to be "professional" here, MD? lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Do we have to be "professional" here, MD? lol
    lol not at all, was just speaking generally.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Doesn't make me uncomfortable, but I find talking about such subjects are less than professional.
    lol wat

since when is lungs working for you

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much, but I wouldn't think highly of it either.

It makes me laugh when kids talk about it despite people requesting them to stop. My little bro always ups his nasty descriptions when someone gets disgusted with him. He giggles as he gets a rise of them. More often than not he gets his ass handed to him as a result lol.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When I'm on my period I just don't talk to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

It makes me laugh when kids talk about it despite people requesting them to stop. My little bro always ups his nasty descriptions when someone gets disgusted with him. He giggles as he gets a rise of them. More often than not he gets his ass handed to him as a result lol.
    You and your brother are both homos?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind talking about exclusively feminine stuff, but depending on the particular subject, I may feel less comfortable talking about it in front of men. But yeah, men talking about their genitalia in front of me would make me uncomfortable.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You and your brother are both homos?
    What gave you that idea?

Last time it happened, he was describing in detail how a friend of his in class almost drowned in his own vomit. My mom wasn't very excited about it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought, "What is she thinking making a thread about that?!" This place is so casual that people mention that in posts and I understand that. But some things are supposed to be private.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    lol not at all, was just speaking generally.
    oh okay. Yeah I probably wouldn't suggest that sort of discussion on the job.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I thought, "What is she thinking making a thread about that?!" This place is so casual that people mention that in posts and I understand that. But some things are supposed to be private.
    DA, we're all one big (sometimes) happy family here.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

tbh i'm an adult and i have done this lol. not in mixed company, but with closer people. it can be kind of a testing thing. like if somebody can't man up enough to hear about my period then how could that person be trusted to deal with more disturbing and delicate subjects that might come up? when people are squeamish about it, i'm put off because it makes them seem like a wimpy person. it might not be entirely rational, but thats how i feel about it.

but then my mom went to nursing school and i was brought up with it instilled that body functions are normal and that people should be comfortable around them because its necessary in order to care for people. so its part of my value system that people shouldn't act like these natural things are taboo.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What gave you that idea?
    OP did.

Back to OP. I don't mind it in private between two people but running around yelling "hey, my cunt is dripping" is somewhat off-putting, not to mention fucked up.

I would say, get a facking tampoo, cunt.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a pretty much infinite tolerance to it and there isn't anything that bothers or "shocks" me, but i don't generally relate to it when people talk about such topics as if they're really exciting in their own right or something.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought of it that way. Interesting.

Sometimes it gets out of hand though. One of my cousins likes to fart in the presence of others. In fact he prefers it. He has no shame. He basically does the whole demonstration. From getting your attention, to directing his butt towards you, etc.

I cannot stand him.

I have more of these stories if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    i have a pretty much infinite tolerance to it and there isn't anything that bothers or "shocks" me, but i don't generally relate to it when people talk about such topics as if they're really exciting in their own right or something.
    yeah, ikwym.

i think theres sort of this thing though. like i have a family member who hears the word "gay" on tv and starts going off about ITS EVERYWHERE WITH THEIR PARADES AND IN THE SCHOOLS AND THE CHILDREN ARE GETTING GAY PENISES RUBBED ON THEIR FACES OMG and i think the same sort of thing can happen when people mention body functions lol.

sometimes it just comes up, whatever. but fart jokes are usually boring.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    OP did.

Back to OP. I don't mind it in private between two people but running around yelling "hey, my cunt is dripping" is somewhat off-putting, not to mention fucked up.

I would say, get a facking tampoo, cunt.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't upset me but it doesn't awaken my attention either, unless it's tied to drastic changes in mood or potential medical complications.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never once been in a conversation with a guy who brought up how sweaty his sac was. I'd probably laugh it off but squirm a little inside. Women talking about their periods does nothing to me.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been in a conversation with a girl who tried to bed me by describing her supposed rape experience. I was entertained.

We were 12 years old. I ended up telling everybody. True story.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I don't know that I love the fact that my mother posted the results of her colonoscopy on Facebook. I mean hey, we're glad you're "all clear for another 10 years" but... I dunno, just keep it to yourself!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been in a conversation with a girl who tried to bed me by describing her supposed rape experience. I was entertained.

We were 12 years old. I ended up telling everybody. True story.
    that's effed up in every way.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post

women talking about their periods. men mentioning their sweaty ballsacks. somebody saying they feel gassy. lol.

I was going to reply, "Me too," but youre just as much of a smart ass as me, so you winz.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    that's effed up in every way.
    Tell me about it. That was my first time meeting her as well. They were my friends' neighbours. I actually spent quite a while with her, like an hour or so. We took a stroll around their neighborhood while she went on with her story. She put her arms around mine. Quite a bold girl. I was truly in love.. until she brought up that story.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me about it. That was my first time meeting her as well. They were my friends' neighbours. I actually spent quite a while with her, like an hour or so. We took a stroll around their neighborhood while she went on with her story. She put her arms around mine. Quite a bold girl. I was truly in love.. until she brought up that story.
    yikes.

yeah, in general I think this maybe isn't type related but I bet S types have an easier time talking about it than Ns. Just a guess. In my house you didn't talk about ANY of that. Not sex or bodies or anything. Only in whispers, as necessary. lol But that was the 70s/80s in the midwest US.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Gloria Steinem (written during the 1970s)

Since history was recorded, male human beings have built whole cultures around the idea that penis-envy is "natural" to women - though having such an unprotected organ might be said to make men more vulnerable, and the power to give birth makes womb-envy at least logical. In short, logic has nothing to do with it. What would happen, for instance, if suddenly, magically, men could menstruate and women could not? The answer is clear - menstruation would become an enviable, boast-worthy, masculine event:

Men would brag about how long and how much.

Boys would mark the onset of menses, that longed-for proof of manhood, with religious ritual and stag parties.

The US Congress would fund a National Institute of Dysmenorrhea to help stamp out monthly discomforts.

Sanitary supplies would be federally funded and free. (Of course, some men would still pay for the prestige of commercial brands such as John Wayne Tampons, Muhammed Ali's Rope-a-dope Pads, Joe Namath Jock Shields - "For Those Light Bachelor Days," and Robert "Baretta" Blake Maxi-Pads.)

Military men, right-wing politicians, and religious fundamentalists would cite menstruation ("MENstruation") as proof that only men could serve in the army ("You have to give blood to take blood"), occupy political office ("Can women be aggresive without that steadfast cycle governed by the planet Mars?"), be priests and ministers ("how could a woman give her blood for our sins"), or rabbis ("Without the monthly loss of impurities, women remain unclean").

Male radicals, left-wing politicians, and mystics, however, would insist that women are equal, just different; and that any woman could enter their ranks if only she were willing to self-inflict a major wound every month ("You must give blood for the revolution"), recognize the preeminence of menstrual issues, or subordinate her selfness to all men in their Cycle of Enlightenment.

Street guys would brag ("I'm a three-pad man") or answer praise from a buddy (" Man, you are lookin' good") by giving fives and saying, "Yeah, man, I'm on the rag!"

TV shows would treat the subject at length. ("Happy Days": Richie and Potsie try to convince Fonzie that he is still "The Fonz," though he has missed two periods in a row.)

So would newspapers. (JUDGE CITES MONTHLY STRESS IN PARDONING RAPIST.)

And movies. (Newman and Redford in "Blood Brothers"!)

Men would convince women that intercourse was more pleasurable at "that time of the month." Lesbians would be said to fear blood and therefore life itself - though probably only because they needed a good menstruating man.

Of course, male intellectuals would offer the most moral and logical arguements. How could a woman master any discipline that demanded a sense of time, space, mathematics, or measurement, for instance, without that in-built gift for measuring the cycles of the moon and planets - and thus for measuring anything at all? In the rarefied fields of philosophy and religion, could women compensate for missing the rhythm of the universe? Or for their lack of symbolic death-and-resurrection every month?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh. the title explains a lot. =P

anyway, seriously, I'm pretty indifferent to the topic.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. It's a part of life though I suppose among formal company or mostly strangers, it would be pretty strange.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    Nope. It's a part of life though I suppose among formal company or mostly strangers, it would be pretty strange.
    Personally, I really wouldnt care, except to take note for what to filter in and out. Yeah, I said it Sue me

Creepy-bg

pics or it didn't happen.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm not squeamish; I'll say it if I feel really bad though and not just any time. I mostly say it because I want the person to get the hint and give me a hug, tea, kiss, food, sex, whatever.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can enjoy discussing such things, but I won't initiate the conversation unless I'm sure the other person is fine with it and doesn't feel uncomfortable or judge me etc. Talk on a general level, sharing my feelings/past experiences, joking etc are no problem, but when I happen to be on my period I don't usually mention that to anyone unless I have to (if the pain gets intolerable or the pms is making me a jerk) or they specifically ask. It feels unnecessary and many men seem to get a little uncomfortable so I don't want to bother them. There are also some small things that I feel are too personal to share with others comfortably, but I don't mind if others tell similar things to me, it can actually be relieving if something has been bothering me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's funny. Women on their periods is kind of cute too, but they always seem to get mad at me for it. I think it turns me on, as well, to be reminded of their femininity so much.

Why exactly do women seem to be surprised by this? Am I supposed to be grossed out by it?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Lol that image reminds me of my last period, I'm afflicted with something called "Dysfunctional uterine bleeding" which means that sometimes my "flow" becomes a "flood" and I bleed 3 days worth blood in an hour... this is especially awesome when I'm in public... Why me?

@OP, I don't mind I guess, unless I'm eating. I start to imagine eating the thing being talked about.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    @OP, I don't mind I guess, unless I'm eating. I start to imagine eating the thing being talked about.
    You know what's kind of funny? How when people are eating food, it's going to turn into poop. They are eating poop that hasn't been refined yet. 0.o And even as they are eating, their body is turning what they have already eaten into poop, AS THEY EAT. It's kind of gross to think about. And then you hear someone's guts making little noises and it's the noises of poop being sloshed around in the body.

I hope this was educational.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    You know what's kind of funny? How when people are eating food, it's going to turn into poop. They are eating poop that hasn't been refined yet. 0.o And even as they are eating, their body is turning what they have already eaten into poop, AS THEY EAT. It's kind of gross to think about. And then you hear someone's guts making little noises and it's the noises of poop being sloshed around in the body.

I hope this was educational.
    It's funny i was reading up about digestion today. it takes to 2-4 days to fully digest a meal!

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was opening this thread I was just about to congratulate you on your bravery.

I'm cool with blood although I don't want to trust creatures that bleed for days without dying.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people are open to the human experience.... others, not so much.

I'm one of the former so just about anything human doesn't offend or make me squeamish. I could easily be a surgeon, EMT or mortician as well.

Every part of being human is super cool, IMO.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't bother me, and I do it sometimes as well. Back in my first year of college when I had eight roommates sharing one bathroom, the topic was almost inevitable, and bitching about our periods became a kind of bonding exercise.

I'm not on my period, but I missed my birth control dose last night 'cause my stupid phone was in silent mode.
    Last edited by fairylights; 05-02-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast