Thread: Type and food

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type and food

Just decided to continue a chatbox discussion. The idea is that the dominant irrational element can determine how a person deals with food.

These aren't necessarily my opinions, just stuff that I heard people talking about that I found interesting. I'm just recording the conversation, to some degree.

- Don't really care what their food tastes like, so long as it is food. Apparently they can be very good cooks, though.

- Distinguishes between good food and bad food.

- Like good tasting food, but is not able to tell the difference.

- Nobody knows.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

my mom is and she eats potatoes, a lot, and just about every which kind, but generally, she wants to look like she takes care of herself and others around her, but she's only ok with it because if my dad doesn't mention that they need to have breakfast, she will likely either skip it or eat something small, insignificant. She's a pretty good cook, but I think that my SEE friends are better. She was great when we were kids; we and she would eat kid food.

I often skip meals; I have to be reminded to eat, but when I do eat, I gravitate towards healthy meals. I'm a neglectful eater.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

steaggg

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's where +Si and -Si are placed in the psyche, the other IE's don't play a role as far as I can tell.

?
    Last edited by Codie; 11-19-2011 at 09:41 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I often skip meals; I have to be reminded to eat, but when I do eat, I gravitate towards healthy meals. I'm a neglectful eater.
    I've noticed this with unconscious Si valuers a.k.a Ne ego's, a lot of them are superskinny.
    Last edited by Codie; 11-19-2011 at 09:38 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by walker31 View Post
    I've noticed this with unconscious Si valuers a.k.a Ne ego's, a lot of them are superskinny.
    Hey, when you don't value pursuit of sensations (eating) whether out of necessity or not, the mind submerses in other things.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snoreKill
    don't know what food tastes like because of my valued/unvalued IEs.
    So I'm going to have a cardboard pancake for dinner.
    I wonder if I mash up some spaghetti with some red pepper and then put it in a waffle iron
    well, I'm sure it will be a fine dinner.
    But I hope it doesn't make a big mess, because I don't know how to clean anything.
    via chatbox

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How could we both like food to taste good and not know the difference?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    How could we both like food to taste good and not know the difference?
    You believe people who say it's yummy.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about processing Se information suggests that an Se ego would "Don't really care what their food tastes like, so long as it is food. Apparently they can be very good cooks, though."?

What about processing Si information suggests that an Si ego would "Distinguishes between good food and bad food."?

What about processing Ne information suggests that an Ne would "Like good tasting food, but is not able to tell the difference."?

Who determines if food tastes good or bad? How do they determine that?
    Perhaps a better set of answers would be brainstorming how each type might go about deciding which food tastes good to them and which don't. Or which foods they'd be willing to try, and which they would prefer to avoid.

Imo, deciding if something tastes good or doesn't is referring to personal likes/dislikes...in context of food.
    Food is not IE related. However, processing likes/dislikes and "good/bad" have commonly been linked to Fi.
    In context of food, the level of sensitivity and processing of that level of stimulus would be related to Sx.
    Imo, if you were to consider that, plus the dimensions of experience, rules/norms, situationality, and globality, then you might have a better understanding of the complexity of this particular context, and how it might pertain to real people, rather than making simplistic theoretical determinations which would have no verifiability.

One of these days it will finally sink into my brain that T types aren't actually scientific nor logical.
    Meanwhile, I'll continue to drive myself crazy expecting them to be so.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, when you don't value pursuit of sensations (eating) whether out of necessity or not, the mind submerses in other things.
    What a good diet method, I wish I could do this. Sadly, I live to eat.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, pizza, what else?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just eat pure dried fruits, nuts, eggs, turkey until you grow so tired of the 4 that you're inspired to buy your own pan and learn to cook

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    What about processing Se information suggests that an Se ego would "Don't really care what their food tastes like, so long as it is food. Apparently they can be very good cooks, though."?
    It's probably something to do with Si - being able to remember and pay attention to positive sensations at the current, Se-ego's not caring about the quality of the taste, but still being strong in it (strong, unvalued), Ne-ego's caring about the quality of the taste yet unable to remember or consider what would taste good (weak, valued), etc. Even if there isn't something directly related to the types, it would be interesting if there was consensus amongst the types that this was the layout. Personally, I do like food tasting good, but I have no idea how to cook, nor am I very good at knowing if something will taste good ahead of time.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    Just decided to continue a chatbox discussion. The idea is that the dominant irrational element can determine how a person deals with food.

These aren't necessarily my opinions, just stuff that I heard people talking about that I found interesting. I'm just recording the conversation, to some degree.

- Don't really care what their food tastes like, so long as it is food. Apparently they can be very good cooks, though.

- Nobody knows.
    Se: Just wants it to be good tasting
    Si: wants it to be the usual or something
    ne: wants it to be convenient
    Ni; just wants you to shut up, would prefer to buy their own food instead of eating yours which has contributed to your weight problems and is connected to all the other hundred personality issues you have

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Chinese food. What's my type?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    According to this the integral type of China is . Welcome to Gamma.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    According to this the integral type of China is . Welcome to Gamma.
    INTp

http://socioniko.net/ru/1.begin/integral-tip.html
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever I can throw into the microwave and/or whip up quickly, it doesn't really matter. I eat a lot of sandwiches, cans of spinach, instant oatmeal, and saltine crackers just because I can have them ready in five minutes or less. Anyways, I usually don't eat my first meal before around 4 in the afternoon when my stomach starts growling so loudly that the people around me can hear it.

I would make such an amazing housewife.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratPULSE View Post
    Se: Just wants it to be good tasting
    Si: wants it to be the usual or something
    ne: wants it to be convenient
    Ni; just wants you to shut up, would prefer to buy their own food instead of eating yours which has contributed to your weight problems and is connected to all the other hundred personality issues you have
    I like this. Of course I can't say for the others for sure, but the food being convenient is mostly true for me.
    For me, and for some other Ne-egos I know, this means a lot of sandwishes, candy and other stuff that you don't have to prepare that much, and gives you energy. How these people talk about it tends to differ though.
    Common theme for some people I believe is Se-egos is that they prefer a good steady meal above anything. They don't like candy as much. Usually big on junkfood if it is a complete meal. Usually likes lots of fat, like extra cheese and stuff...
    An ENFJ friend of mine always eat the exact same boring thing for breakfast. She likes to cook a lot, making desserts and the like, but when there's no special occassion she eats the same thing.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si PoLR here:

- I don't really love/like cooking, it's tedious, but I do it when I have free time
    - I never forget to eat, in fact I really love eating
    - I can be picky, I'm pickier than my girlfriend for example, which is Se ego

when I say "I don't love cooking" you need to compare my habits with the average italian habits. So it's likely that I absolutely love cooking compared to a british or german person.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Si PoLR here:

- I don't really love/like cooking, it's tedious, but I do it when I have free time
    - I never forget to eat, in fact I really love eating
    - I can be picky, I'm pickier than my girlfriend for example, which is Se ego

when I say "I don't love cooking" you need to compare my habits with the average italian habits. So it's likely that I absolutely love cooking compared to a british or german person.
    Can you blush?

ESE?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Can you blush?

ESE?
    Careful or I'll archive your chats.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a bad habit of going hours upon hours forgeting to eat any real solid food while running on my sugar/ caffeine fixes: coffee & chocolate. I have problems listening to my hunger & satiety signals. I tend to have to vomit if my stomach feels too full. I want to go into the field of nutrition, at some point i need to deal with all this. After several coffees I eat the same sandwich almost everyday for lunch. Despite this I am a bit of a foodie , if I had a lot of money I think I'd spend a fair amount of it on fine dining & trying new gourmet ingredients. I bought some salmon recently, there's only salt fresh water fish here in Brazil, so all the salmon is imported from farms in Chile, I read that if they did'nt dye the fishfeed with salmon colouring their flesh would be grey . Despite paying 17 r$ for a kilo I just couldn't eat it.

Si PoLR here: - I can be picky, I'm pickier than my girlfriend for example, which is Se ego.
    Not only are Se ego's less picky, i've noticed that they can eat quite a lot of food unless their on some strict self imposed eating regime.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Careful or I'll archive your chats.
    Okay, I'm mellow.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just can't understand people who forget to eat. It's like forgetting to breathe...i guess i'm just a fat person on the inside.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like crazedrat's list
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post

- Nobody knows.
    BLASPHEMY!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee View Post
    " - Don't really care what their food tastes like, so long as it is food. Apparently they can be very good cooks, though."

BLASPHEMY!
    This is madness!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This thread has taken the turn to astronomical hilariousness.
    -

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

New Hypothesis!

Alpha = Food > Sex
    Beta = Sex > Food
    Gamma = Bowel Movements > Sex > Food
    Delta = Sex with Food

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been waiting to address this, certain misconceptions on Si and Se....

When it comes to food, theres probably nobody in the world who enjoys everything about food as much as me. Now ofcourse im slightly exagerrating a bit, but in regards to my father who is ESTJ, yes...he does enjoy food and does enjoy cooking. But theres a difference, his Si is like i've been saying before...about comfort and how the food or the process of him is making him feel internally and subjectively. How it -calms- him. My Se, is actually enjoying the actual tastes and and wonderful smells and textures and shapes. Im definitely more into the moment. Its the same thing with everything else, like music or fashion for example. I don't actually "ignore" Si completely, although its my ignoring fuction. My Si is strong, but I ignore it in the sense that, sure I like to sit back and relax and revel in how the food is making me feel (Si), but I'd rather much like to ENJOY and EXPERIENCE the actual food first and foremost (Se).

Si is reflection, Se is experiencing.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When it comes to food, theres probably nobody in the world who enjoys everything about food as much as me. Now ofcourse im slightly exagerrating a bit, but in regards to my father who is ESTJ, yes...he does enjoy food and does enjoy cooking. But theres a difference, his Si is like i've been saying before...about comfort and how the food or the process of him is making him feel internally and subjectively. How it -calms- him. My Se, is actually enjoying the actual tastes and and wonderful smells and textures and shapes. Im definitely more into the moment. Its the same thing with everything else, like music, fashion, or health for example. I don't actually "ignore" Si completely, although its my ignoring fuction. My Si is strong, but I ignore it in the sense that, sure I like to sit back and relax and revel in how the food is making me feel (Si), but I'd rather much like to ENJOY and EXPERIENCE the actual food first and foremost (Se).

I wanted to call you the h word, but I'm going to do it some other completely different time.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the "h" word is?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And the "h" word is?
    Glad you asked. Homosexual.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

When it comes to food, theres probably nobody in the world who enjoys everything about food as much as me. Now ofcourse im slightly exagerrating a bit, but in regards to my father who is ESTJ, yes...he does enjoy food and does enjoy cooking. But theres a difference, his Si is like i've been saying before...about comfort and how the food or the process of him is making him feel internally and subjectively. How it -calms- him. My Se, is actually enjoying the actual tastes and and wonderful smells and textures and shapes. Im definitely more into the moment. Its the same thing with everything else, like music or fashion for example. I don't actually "ignore" Si completely, although its my ignoring fuction. My Si is strong, but I ignore it in the sense that, sure I like to sit back and relax and revel in how the food is making me feel (Si), but I'd rather much like to ENJOY and EXPERIENCE the actual food first and foremost (Se).

YOU ARE AWESOME. THANK YOU. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THAT IS and might I add that ESTjs demonstrate Se sometimes, though rarely on a subconscious level, but unlike your Se, they don't voice their experiences that often.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    New Hypothesis!

Alpha = Food > Sex
    Beta = Sex > Food
    Gamma = Bowel Movements > Sex > Food
    Delta = Sex with Food
    LOL; to Delta, we find good and pleasant tasting food for our comfort.
    -

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best cooks i know are estp. i was at mY se-estp friend's last night and we made chicken curry over rice with potatoes, broccoli, and corn on the cob. she's careful to make all the serving sizes healthY. like most of it being vege, etc. it was delicious.

and oh mY god mY dad is just the best chef ever. his method is going to the grocery store and checking what kind of meat is on sale or cheapest at the moment and then buying everything else around it. estps are very resourceful cooks who don't reallY need to follow a recipe and can just make something delicious out of the ingredients theY have.

i'm the same waY but not as good. like theY will make full meals with different food groups all there, where i struggle to just make one of the food groups, so sometimes i'm eating straight meat, or straight veggies, etc. but this is also due to me being broke
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

YOU ARE AWESOME. THANK YOU. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THAT IS and might I add that ESTjs demonstrate Se sometimes, though rarely on a subconscious level, but unlike your Se, they don't voice their experiences that often.

LOL; to Delta, we find good and pleasant tasting food for our comfort.
    Ye straight on. Add him LSE you IEI wench.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by walker31 View Post
    I have a bad habit of going hours upon hours forgeting to eat any real solid food while running on my sugar/ caffeine fixes: coffee & chocolate. I have problems listening to my hunger & satiety signals. I tend to have to vomit if my stomach feels too full. I want to go into the field of nutrition, at some point i need to deal with all this. After several coffees I eat the same sandwich almost everyday for lunch. Despite this I am a bit of a foodie , if I had a lot of money I think I'd spend a fair amount of it on fine dining & trying new gourmet ingredients. I bought some salmon recently, there's only salt fresh water fish here in Brazil, so all the salmon is imported from farms in Chile, I read that if they did'nt dye the fishfeed with salmon colouring their flesh would be grey . Despite paying 17 r$ for a kilo I just couldn't eat it.

Not only are Se ego's less picky, i've noticed that they can eat quite a lot of food unless their on some strict self imposed eating regime.
    1. What are you running around doing?
    2. What about your coffee do you like and specifically, which kind do you drink and why?

3. I am leading up to you
    a. experiencing things -other things besides eating at the moment
    b. drinking the type of coffee for the pleasant experience of it; so in general experiencing something before experiencing something else.
    -

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Glad you asked. Homosexual.
    Hmmm...thats nice.