Thread: Video VI for Economist!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    I am honored to have so many Fe ego guesses, but I think you are just picking up on my social-first instinct. I don't think I'm really Fe ego, because while I try to be aware of everyone in a group and how included they feel so I can make sure everyone feel included, I'm not really the "life of the party" type. I'm easily forgotten myself in large groups of less close friends, as I am too hesitant to say much for fear of interrupting others. I don't think I can freely influence others' moods as an Fe ego should be able to do. I notice and care for the meek and generally try to consider what effect my actions/words will have on others, but I don't think people around me feel swept up by my emotional affect.
    FTR (and at the risk of sounding like a broken record), this is totally consistent with IEI who has demonstrative Fi and creative Fe which is often "in the background" so to speak, as well as low Se which is also a big part of "being the life of the party" - in fact you might say that it's more typical for an SLE than an IEI.

I remember thinking your type was rather clear from the video. I haven't drawn much in the way of further conclusions since then.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think you could be ESI.. or LSI
    You seem rational but maybe that's just my mind tricking me because you look like you're in an office building
    Last edited by maniac; 06-26-2018 at 02:11 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I watched about two minutes of your video (with the sound off) and my first impression is that you are running LII software.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am honored to have so many Fe ego guesses, but I think you are just picking up on my social-first instinct. I don't think I'm really Fe ego, because while I try to be aware of everyone in a group and how included they feel so I can make sure everyone feel included, I'm not really the "life of the party" type. I'm easily forgotten myself in large groups of less close friends, as I am too hesitant to say much for fear of interrupting others. I don't think I can freely influence others' moods as an Fe ego should be able to do. I notice and care for the meek and generally try to consider what effect my actions/words will have on others, but I don't think people around me feel swept up by my emotional affect.
    SEI are not usually the "life of the party," even for dominating subtypes. For the most part they tend to be shy and reserved but every so often will "inject" some dramatic or playful emotions into the atmosphere. This is the difference between in 2nd position compared to 1st as with ESE.

Trying to be inclusive of everyone and shunning cliquey behavior can indicate Democratic values

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

among F types some possibility for SEE. but some more impressions for T types

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    FTR (and at the risk of sounding like a broken record), this is totally consistent with IEI
    Look at her nonverbal. Compare with IEI in my examples. You see her as tender and awkward? I doubt. It's about your "totally consistent".

@Saoirse
    ignore heretics. they have leaded you to EII, now push you to other bs by their baseless heresies. forget about Reinin's traits. use the classical theory like dichotomies, 8 functions, IR

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oooh Saoirse *__*

Tbh you look EII to me... I can see that you do appear rather well rounded, with a stronger development of T and Fe functions, but I think that's partly due to your clothing, job and the setting of the video...

To answer to the others' suggestions, if it counts, I can relate to many things that you said, like I hate personal judgements too and oral examinations have always scared the hell out of me, but this is quite normal and I doubt it's a sign of unvalued Te, even because you seem willing to work inside a Te/Ne environment. And lol, I can't keep track of my money either, I've never cared too much of the coziness of my place too, I'm bothered by social fake niceties too... and btw I've always found economy fascinating for the same reasons you mention, and I find it such a great thing that you've chosen that field of studying, it even highlights the Te, I think.

Your discourses are revolving around Fi and Ne anyway, the descriptions of your ideal friends/partner and the overall emphasis on the good relationships within your environment are the greatest hint to EII there.

what subtype etc are you?!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    oooh Saoirse *__*
    Tbh you look EII to me...
    just to mention, ooo is IEI and looks like NF - emotional and slightly awkward, what is not you Saoirse are. it's funny that ooo finds you similar to her, thinking you and herself as the same type. I suppose you inspire the sympathy at her, what is some plus for you to be Se type or/and mb beta like her

I suppose you saw already EII girls among my examples and noticed how different you are, Saoirse

TIM
    ESI 6w7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Inclusive of everyone = Democratic
    'Clique'y = Aristocratic

So damn easy to put a type on someone then?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    FTR (and at the risk of sounding like a broken record), this is totally consistent with IEI who has demonstrative Fi and creative Fe which is often "in the background" so to speak, as well as low Se which is also a big part of "being the life of the party" - in fact you might say that it's more typical for an SLE than an IEI.

I remember thinking your type was rather clear from the video. I haven't drawn much in the way of further conclusions since then.
    Thats interesting. I could see N-IEI.

@sardoise, what about IEI? Have you considered?

If you are Normalizing subtype (i think you are) They are almost never the life of the party regardless of type. There is also a tendency to be considerate, regardless of type.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ooo I'm pretty sure I'm EII-Ne Harmonizing How about you? I think your desc of my relationship to Te is how I would think of it too. It's the source of my desire to be evaluated objectively, though I am not confident in doing it myself so I rely on a work environment and colleagues for external validation.

@everyone democratic vs aristocratic is kinda hard to tell from superficial stuff though. I think I act democratic because I think it's the "right" attitude to have but my mind is aristocratic. even as I want to help poor/forgotten people, I think of myself as different from them... I would resent being seen as poor/forgotten myself.

@Sol it's nice that you don't think I'm awkward. I definitely am though lol. maybe you're too hung up on EII-Fi being the only kind of EII. there's no way I'm SEE/Se ego. I'm terrified of asserting my preferences. I wish people would just guess them, which is why I really appreciate people who care and understand me enough to accurately guess them or insist on asking me what they are until I answer. I think you might take identifying EII females too personally. it's not like you will love everyone who is your dual & gender of interest or vice versa. that's not an accurate way to type.

@Tallmo I've considered IEI a lot and wish I was IEI since it's a "cool" type. looking at Stratiyevskaya's profiles though, the IEI one and its relationship to Ni just don't sound like me. I don't have that masterful patience and mystically accurate timing. my thinking is more divergent than convergent. when I talk w my boyfriend (who I also think is Ne creative), often one of us will do something like: talk about x, x makes me think of y, y makes me think of z, z makes me think of a, talk about a. so that it looks like we're talking about something completely random

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ha! Te PoLR economist. LOL. That kind of typing needs excellent justifications.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI > LII > ILI > EII

I see more Fe than Fi, and Ni which I wish I had.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ooo I'm pretty sure I'm EII-Ne Harmonizing How about you? I think your desc of my relationship to Te is how I would think of it too. It's the source of my desire to be evaluated objectively, though I am not confident in doing it myself so I rely on a work environment and colleagues for external validation.

@everyone democratic vs aristocratic is kinda hard to tell from superficial stuff though. I think I act democratic because I think it's the "right" attitude to have but my mind is aristocratic. even as I want to help poor/forgotten people, I think of myself as different from them... I would resent being seen as poor/forgotten myself.
    Oh cool ^^ thought so. It makes sense, -Ne would boost those more subtle functions that the others can see. For me, out of the EII descriptions I fit better in the -Ne one too. But it's nice because we look nothing alike anyway, to me you are far more EII than I am, although I have an affinity for the things you say :- )

Quadra political values are a bit hard to prescribe, supposing you can even make such a connection in the first place... I recognize myself in some aristocratic values, yet EIIs are told to be open to all and at all occasions (??), and I can definitely appear as rather open to most people who approach me, or open to ideas in general, but I tend to be more categorical in private and stick to my own value system. The ESIs, SEEs and the LIE I know can be true nazi instead, sometimes imposing their views with no willing to change, or once you've fucked up there's no going back, you're out, or they can firmly support extreme radical views... but they' re supposed to be democratic (?). By the way, if we had to hold the quadra values as true, you'd still fit inside the Delta quadra values rather well, lol

TIM
    ESI 6w7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Sol it's nice that you don't think I'm awkward. I definitely am though lol. maybe you're too hung up on EII-Fi being the only kind of EII. there's no way I'm SEE/Se ego. I'm terrified of asserting my preferences. I wish people would just guess them, which is why I really appreciate people who care and understand me enough to accurately guess them or insist on asking me what they are until I answer. I think you might take identifying EII females too personally. it's not like you will love everyone who is your dual & gender of interest or vice versa. that's not an accurate way to type.

@Tallmo I've considered IEI a lot and wish I was IEI since it's a "cool" type. looking at Stratiyevskaya's profiles though, the IEI one and its relationship to Ni just don't sound like me. I don't have that masterful patience and mystically accurate timing. my thinking is more divergent than convergent. when I talk w my boyfriend (who I also think is Ne creative), often one of us will do something like: talk about x, x makes me think of y, y makes me think of z, z makes me think of a, talk about a. so that it looks like we're talking about something completely random
    I simply think that dichotomy is bullshit and cannot be used for typing at all.

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I simply think that dichotomy is bullshit and cannot be used for typing at all.
    that's fine with me, I'm not a fan of the Reinin dichotomies, esp using them for typing. but that was my view on people viewing me as democratic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's nice that you don't think I'm awkward
    You look closer to S types. With the assured physical control.

> maybe you're too hung up on EII-Fi being the only kind of EII

I said your are _closer_ to S types, but not just slightly noncommon for EII.
    And closer to Fe/Ti valued types in your thinking. As you used categorizing people to describe your relations with them. Seems that your communication is closer to S types I said too before.

> there's no way I'm SEE/Se ego

no way for you to be EII, IEE, LII, IEI, ... SEE has some chance, but S-T are more possible
    you may understand this by IR effects, - which types give you more comfortable impressions. think about your type in the comparision with other people. and forget about heretic muddy hypotheses as subtypes

> I'm terrified of asserting my preferences. I wish people would just guess them

this may relate to introversion and T type. to be shy and awaiting people understood what you want and like

> I think you might take identifying EII females too personally.

I just better understand the typology than novices and heretics.
    The only "personal" is the usage of IR in the borders of the theory.

EII is the nonsense for you.
    T-S types are the closest. mb LSI it is, like aster assumed. this also fits to Fe/Ti value I assumed before and that you may to be passive in relations as you said

you may look at my bloggers examples to understand by IR between EII and LSI, and other possibilities
    Last edited by Sol; 06-27-2018 at 07:23 PM.

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's weird to try to type people via qualities like confidence (your main basis for thinking I'm S) or how clearly they write (your main basis for thinking I'm T). These are things that are just higher in more mature people. (I'm not claiming to be the pinnacle of maturity, but I think I'm mature enough that I have a reasonable amount of confidence and writing ability.)

Can you clearly list your definitions of each function? Or link to an article that defines them in the way you use.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    EII-Ne Harmonizing makes sense to me.
    Join Date Jun 2018

compare her with EII in my bloggers list and notice some difference

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: here’s the link again cuz @Sol doubts my EIIhood and I love attention
    Last edited by consentingadult; 07-02-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Reading this was like finally being able to put a name to one of my greatest strengths, which I had, up until recently, taken for granted that everyone could also do. For example, one of my friends presented her research in a seminar and met with a visiting professor afterwards to discuss it. I only saw the professor's behavior in the seminar, but after everything, when my friend expressed some unhappiness with the meeting, I told her not to worry too much about the professor's criticisms (of which we could not make much sense) because the professor is just at our university trying to make herself look cool and make connections with our professors, not really trying to provide thoughtful advice to students. I also pointed out that the professor just seems to be exceptionally harsh toward other Asian females (the prof is an Asian female, my friend is one, and another student that the prof belittled is one also). After I said all this, my friend (probably ILI) paused thoughtfully and didn't even comment on the professor further--all she eventually said was that I'm really good at understanding people's motivations/reading people.
    Very Ne reasoning with devalued Se. But I do not see strong Ethics in this. I see no personal feelings discussed at all, just explicit (Ti>Fi) information.

Overall, I think I view relations/distances/how much someone likes someone else as static, or at least not as something that I am good at controlling or intentionally evolving. I can perceive when someone does not like me even if they are perfectly friendly, and I often feel no impetus/ability to try to change this. However, if someone is neutral toward me while I want them to like me, I try to reveal more of myself around them. In particular, I express more of my weaknesses and concerns to ask for advice on them, and I do not hide my admiration of them. If this works, great, but their new positive feelings toward me still feel like something that just happened in the natural course of things, not like something that I purposefully brought about. If it doesn't work, I don't have any other ideas on how to get closer with them.
    Indication of weak Ethics again. The bolded especially. And your strategy for befriending others is pretty basic... uses no Ethics at all really other than a little Fe-ish something (the admiration bit).

3. I've made all of my good friends take the Sociotype.com test, and I've found that the people with whom I most get along are estimated to be EII (5), ILI (5), SLI (3), LSE (3), and SEI (4). While tests may not be accurate all the time, my understanding of Socionics is such that this test would have to be systematically wrong for my friendships to make sense (considering it's a pretty substantial sample size).
    Yeah, LII can work with this.

I thought I am Se polr because I hate violence/displays of force (like I can't even watch Game of Thrones) and I don't like physical adventures or games involving physical coordination. One of my friends adores this group game involving saying fruits and clapping at just the right times, and playing it makes me extremely anxious. I'm also really bad at saying/doing the right thing on the spot. E.g., I finally got to talk to a cute guy in my improv class, but we were walking in slightly different directions, so I just panicked and said goodbye, even though they were barely different directions for like another block--I should have just kept walking with him for a bit more. Also, there was a bit of a politics issue in my work recently. I knew I wouldn't be able to handle the situation smoothly if I improvised, but luckily I foresaw what would happen and asked my adviser to help me plan what to say.
    Whoa yah that's Se PoLR af about not even watching violence.

The politics issue... you could have been asking for Fe advice there.

Overall, after doing some more investigating, I do identify with some aspects of Ni (taking on others' perspectives, awareness of people using the same word to mean different things, simulating how relations among people would change if I said a particular thing?), but I don't identify with the "master of time"/future predicting aspects of it at all. My ILI friend once tried to prepare me for what I should do if a certain guy kissed me, and I dismissed her, saying it wouldn't happen (it did). The same friend, two summers ago, said that she would be in a relationship before the end of summer, and then she was. Things like this are baffling and magical to me--I don't have much sense of the appropriate timing for things. And Ni is supposed to be the "intuition of time," right? :X
    Weak Ethics again... You do not seem good with intuition in relationship/people related matters.

Going back to what my polr is though, I don't think Te is it. I think I'm pretty accepting of new external information that changes my beliefs/model of the world, as long as I really understand/trust it. Also, I love efficiency. E.g., once I was working as a research assistant and doing a really tedious task. I came up with an algorithm for doing it as fast as possible and wrote it down clearly so that my employer could use it after I left the position.
    More proof for an LII typing...

After reading more about Se, I have to admit I do seem Se seeking in some aspects. E.g., I admired Taylor Swift for her calculated acquisition of fame through portraying herself as a very kind, moral, benevolent, feminist person.
    That's not Se seeking at all. Fe seeking at best if it has to be some dual seeking function. but I really don't see it as seeking anything necessarily. Also this is very devalued Se again, idk what you saw Se valuing in this.

I do find some aspects of Si in LSEs tiresome
    How about Si paired with Fe?

I'll stop analysing here, I think. Check this typing out IMO.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From you video you sound like an MBTI INFP, kind of talk like an MBTI INFP for sure, I can say that. With an Thing for LSE might I add .

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Very Ne reasoning with devalued Se. But I do not see strong Ethics in this. I see no personal feelings discussed at all, just explicit (Ti>Fi) information.

Indication of weak Ethics again. The bolded especially. And your strategy for befriending others is pretty basic... uses no Ethics at all really other than a little Fe-ish something (the admiration bit).

Yeah, LII can work with this.

Whoa yah that's Se PoLR af about not even watching violence.

The politics issue... you could have been asking for Fe advice there.

Weak Ethics again... You do not seem good with intuition in relationship/people related matters.

More proof for an LII typing...

That's not Se seeking at all. Fe seeking at best if it has to be some dual seeking function. but I really don't see it as seeking anything necessarily. Also this is very devalued Se again, idk what you saw Se valuing in this.

How about Si paired with Fe?

I'll stop analysing here, I think. Check this typing out IMO.
    Thank you for your thoughtful typing! LII does appear to be a popular typing for me. I still think I'm Fi/Te > Ti because I'm not particularly bothered by logical inconsistencies in movies/books. I also don't play devil's advocate or argue things that I don't believe for fun. I don't get hung up on theoretical ideals and am happy to go with what works in practice. I think I'm Ethical > Logical as I'm energized by discussing people--what kind of person is this, who would they get along with, what did they mean by doing this. I was recently reading How the Mind Works by Steven Pinker and was quite bored by the parts about how human vision works, but effortlessly interested in the parts about how the evolutionary biology of our brains is supposed to give rise to family and community relationships. I like that my partner knows a lot of random historical and scientific facts and learning random stuff from him, but if his enthusiasm for one such topic goes on for too long, I get bored.

I think that a lot of what you see as weak Ethics in me is just devalued Fe. As far as my understanding goes, EIIs are not known for their social graces and charisma. EIIs empathize and care for others greatly, but are often shy and awkward. I do think I view the world through the lens of interpersonal distances--hence my strategy for making friends directly tries to lessen such distances, rather than indirectly lessening them through partying together or whatever.

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    From you video you sound like an MBTI INFP, kind of talk like an MBTI INFP for sure, I can say that. With an Thing for LSE might I add .
    simpler days when I just liked LSEs like this forum wishes EII did

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

simpler days when I just liked LSEs like this forum wishes EII did
    this forum wishes nothing
    people wish to get the help from types in finding better ones for relations. this needs the correct usage of the types theory, what implies the correctly identified types. you did the mistake in own type and mb the types of other ones. what leaded that your wish to get the help was not satisfied. your pseudo-duals appeared to be worse than you wished

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Thank you for your thoughtful typing! LII does appear to be a popular typing for me. I still think I'm Fi/Te > Ti because I'm not particularly bothered by logical inconsistencies in movies/books. I also don't play devil's advocate or argue things that I don't believe for fun. I don't get hung up on theoretical ideals and am happy to go with what works in practice. I think I'm Ethical > Logical as I'm energized by discussing people--what kind of person is this, who would they get along with, what did they mean by doing this. I was recently reading How the Mind Works by Steven Pinker and was quite bored by the parts about how human vision works, but effortlessly interested in the parts about how the evolutionary biology of our brains is supposed to give rise to family and community relationships. I like that my partner knows a lot of random historical and scientific facts and learning random stuff from him, but if his enthusiasm for one such topic goes on for too long, I get bored.

I think that a lot of what you see as weak Ethics in me is just devalued Fe. As far as my understanding goes, EIIs are not known for their social graces and charisma. EIIs empathize and care for others greatly, but are often shy and awkward. I do think I view the world through the lens of interpersonal distances--hence my strategy for making friends directly tries to lessen such distances, rather than indirectly lessening them through partying together or whatever.
    I'm not bothered by logic stuff too much when into entertainment (movies/books), either. I've yet to see an LII that played true devil's advocate (atleast I never noticed, for sure), that's more ILE.

Ne creative of all xIIs are hung up on ideals and LII is the more practical of the two

None of the rest of the stuff you wrote determines type, let alone EII specifically. So I'll stop dissecting all of it here.

(The part on "I view the world through the lens of interpersonal distances" technically does determine Fi base but you've not given a good example of this or demonstrate it yet.)

Anyway, as soon as you stop talking in this explicit Ti manner and go to the area of implicit feely talking, I'll be able to see EII sure, until then this (LII) is my opinion, you do whatever you want with it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T I was recently reading How the Mind Works by Steven Pinker and was quite bored by the parts about how human vision works, but effortlessly interested in the parts about how the evolutionary biology of our brains is supposed to give rise to family and community relationships.
    I read Steven Pinker a few years ago and my attitude towards his work is exactly what you describe, i'm really impressed actually to find someone who views his work in a similar way (though i do tend to appreciate the whole of his work, some parts do stand out to me).

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I read Steven Pinker a few years ago and my attitude towards his work is exactly what you describe, i'm really impressed actually to find someone who views his work in a similar way (though i do tend to appreciate the whole of his work, some parts do stand out to me).
    Lol then three different types are bored with descriptions of how human vision works - I am too, I did not read Pinker's book but I never found it interesting even when I was doing my major in cognitive psychology. However an IEI girl I knew at the university started research exactly about that topic well before she graduated...

Yeah, please, when are people going to understand that these small details are not type related.

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    this forum wishes nothing
    people wish to get the help from types in finding better ones for relations. this needs the correct usage of the types theory, what implies the correctly identified types. you did the mistake in own type and mb the types of other ones. what leaded that your wish to get the help was not satisfied. your pseudo-duals appeared to be worse than you wished
    If you have something constructive to contribute rather than just repeatedly telling me I'm wrong, then I would be glad to hear it. While I disagree with Myst, she has given me something material to respond to other than "you're confident so you're S" and "your writing is organized so you're T." I would appreciate if you explained what your definitions of the information elements are. If you understandably do not want to type out long explanations, I believe there should be translated articles that give your viewpoint if your viewpoint is the "canonical" theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    (The part on "I view the world through the lens of interpersonal distances" technically does determine Fi base but you've not given a good example of this or demonstrate it yet.)
    Sure, I'll try to be more detailed about this.

My grad school cohort is about 25 people who are all friendly with each other but with smaller groups of "real" friends. Once I was happily eating lunch by myself, and someone from a group that was not my main friend group also arrived in the lunch area. We waved hello, but he didn't sit with me (thankfully, since I'd rather have some peaceful alone time than interact with someone I have to have forced conversation with). The two other people in his main friend group arrived and sat just with him. Later, one of my actual friends asked why I didn't eat with them, and I casually said, "They are nice and I like them well enough if we're all hanging out, but I'm not close enough to them that I would hang out with them by myself." My friend (ILI) was surprised and said he didn't notice that. At that time I did not know the Socionics definition of Fi, but I noted the incident because I was surprised that my friend was surprised: it seemed like the most obvious thing to me.

I am excited about having bridesmaids for my future wedding because it is a way to signal that these specific women are my absolute closest friends, which is something valuable/important to me to convey.

I like showing off when I am close to someone, by saying things about them that others don't know (in relevant contexts, of course), like about their preferences or what they are up to recently/currently. It was grating to me when I finally introduced an LSE I was dating to my friends, a big step in a romantic relationship, and he tried to signal that he knew me well by saying, "I prefer big meals, but Saoirse likes frequent small ones," which is not true and actually showed that he wasn't really paying attention to me.

I automatically rank how close different relationships are, both mine and others'. For example, it amuses me that though I was my SxI friend's first friend among our college friend group, she is now closer to the two SEIs in the group than she is to me (and the SEIs to her than to me as well). The SxI was only my friend for about three years and introduced to the group only in our fourth year of college, so it's unexpected (through a non-Socionics lens) that the SxI and SEIs would be closer after college while we are all in different locations. We all live hours away from each other, but the SxI and SEIs apparently talk regularly still and the SEIs choose to stay with the SxI when they visit the city that the SxI and I live in.

I was recently embarrassed that I accidentally bragged about my partner's income to a coworker. The coworker was being friendly since I am new, and we were talking about where we live. He said that the area I live in is pretty fancy, and I was trying to be humble by saying "I only live there because my boyfriend makes enough, he's a software engineer" to imply that I personally do not have a lot of money. But afterwards I felt bad because I thought the coworker may have thought that I thought he was trying to hit on me and I was trying to deter him, which was not the case. I analyzed the situation a lot and decided I should have said "yeah I just live there in a studio with my boyfriend" so that the space/people ratio sounds worse so that my coworker could feel good about at least having more space. After I walked my partner through my whole line of thinking and eventual conclusion, he said I was overthinking it. I think this is an example of leading Fi as I was very concerned with being seen as having good motivations (I didn't want to be seen as implying "I have a rich boyfriend so don't hit on me") and was dismayed that I may have unintentionally increased the distance between my coworker and me.

Anyway, as soon as you stop talking in this explicit Ti manner and go to the area of implicit feely talking, I'll be able to see EII sure, until then this (LII) is my opinion, you do whatever you want with it.
    I think the organized structure of my writing that you and Sol have identified may just be due to my advanced academic training in a quantitative field.

Btw, thank you for your use of emoji, they reassure me that you are politely disagreeing and that we can have a civil discussion.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Sure, I'll try to be more detailed about this.
    OK, cool!

My grad school cohort is about 25 people who are all friendly with each other but with smaller groups of "real" friends. Once I was happily eating lunch by myself, and someone from a group that was not my main friend group also arrived in the lunch area. We waved hello, but he didn't sit with me (thankfully, since I'd rather have some peaceful alone time than interact with someone I have to have forced conversation with). The two other people in his main friend group arrived and sat just with him. Later, one of my actual friends asked why I didn't eat with them, and I casually said, "They are nice and I like them well enough if we're all hanging out, but I'm not close enough to them that I would hang out with them by myself." My friend (ILI) was surprised and said he didn't notice that. At that time I did not know the Socionics definition of Fi, but I noted the incident because I was surprised that my friend was surprised: it seemed like the most obvious thing to me.

I am excited about having bridesmaids for my future wedding because it is a way to signal that these specific women are my absolute closest friends, which is something valuable/important to me to convey.
    I don't see anything going beyond normative Fi here (that LxI possesses). This is similar to how I view relations with people and similar to how I describe things about these relationships. I do find this sort of thing obvious too, as to who I will spend how much time with and why. Quite explicit language, too, explaining in a clear way your behaviour. That to me is Ti.

I like showing off when I am close to someone, by saying things about them that others don't know (in relevant contexts, of course), like about their preferences or what they are up to recently/currently. It was grating to me when I finally introduced an LSE I was dating to my friends, a big step in a romantic relationship, and he tried to signal that he knew me well by saying, "I prefer big meals, but Saoirse likes frequent small ones," which is not true and actually showed that he wasn't really paying attention to me.
    Showing off sounds like Fe orientation to me (though I don't do this myself... you do seem also very Enneagram social instinct with it). I.e. externalizing manifestations of the relationship. Fi doesn't really care to do that as far as my experience goes with Fi leads.

I automatically rank how close different relationships are, both mine and others'. For example, it amuses me that though I was my SxI friend's first friend among our college friend group, she is now closer to the two SEIs in the group than she is to me (and the SEIs to her than to me as well). The SxI was only my friend for about three years and introduced to the group only in our fourth year of college, so it's unexpected (through a non-Socionics lens) that the SxI and SEIs would be closer after college while we are all in different locations. We all live hours away from each other, but the SxI and SEIs apparently talk regularly still and the SEIs choose to stay with the SxI when they visit the city that the SxI and I live in.
    Explicit ranking is Ti. Unexpected... I don't know if a 4D Fi type would find it unexpected without Socionics use? It comes off as weak Ethics to me along with previous examples I pointed out earlier because it doesn't sound like you are paying very close attention to subtle (not explicitly definable with Ti) signs for relationships and feeling attitudes of people.

I was recently embarrassed that I accidentally bragged about my partner's income to a coworker. The coworker was being friendly since I am new, and we were talking about where we live. He said that the area I live in is pretty fancy, and I was trying to be humble by saying "I only live there because my boyfriend makes enough, he's a software engineer" to imply that I personally do not have a lot of money. But afterwards I felt bad because I thought the coworker may have thought that I thought he was trying to hit on me and I was trying to deter him, which was not the case. I analyzed the situation a lot and decided I should have said "yeah I just live there in a studio with my boyfriend" so that the space/people ratio sounds worse so that my coworker could feel good about at least having more space. After I walked my partner through my whole line of thinking and eventual conclusion, he said I was overthinking it. I think this is an example of leading Fi as I was very concerned with being seen as having good motivations (I didn't want to be seen as implying "I have a rich boyfriend so don't hit on me") and was dismayed that I may have unintentionally increased the distance between my coworker and me.
    Seems very Fe/Ti to me + the Enneagram social instinct.

Fe: you are focused on what others perceive, and Ti: the overthinking about it and the last part about you being dismayed like that. Like, it comes off as weak Ethics, you relying on explicit things to be able to have a little control over relationship distance. Not strong or natural, confident control, it seems.

I think the organized structure of my writing that you and Sol have identified may just be due to my advanced academic training in a quantitative field.
    I'm not talking about you writing in an organized way (though sure you do write well-organized), I'm talking about your focus on explicit explanations.

Btw, thank you for your use of emoji, they reassure me that you are politely disagreeing and that we can have a civil discussion.
    Np yeah I don't have any bad intention/attitude here. (Sorry though for noting this, but this kind of seemed Fe again lol)

Anyway, I don't think I can really say more unless you have specific questions. Hope this helped at least in some way.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching video, notes while watching, in order as video went along:

introvert. (The long pauses where you stop to go into your head, thinking rather than speaking.)

ethical? (Paraphrasing something you said. . .Economics is valuable because it helps people get what they want. It gives an outline, if you want this, do that. The reason I think this may be ethical, is because it seems like the core idea is about people's desires, an ethical concept. For contrast, a person could describe studying economics in similar terms as you did as interrelationship of actions and consequences, but with the stress point or reason for studying being about better management of resources or something along those lines. The behaviors of people are still the prime concern in the study, but a different kind of focus, a bit more utilitarian. This is probably not super-clear, and not a good or strong argument, just something that gave a kind of inkling as to how you may be thinking about things. Not a vital point, and may not stand up to further scrutiny.)

Possible ESI? (The comments about subjective evaluation make me think of how ESI's Ne polr can manifest, but could be something else)

Dislike of "fluffy things" . . . rationality? logic? something else?

Rational? (dislike the lack of structure)

Introvert again (good at listening lol)

ethical (good at understanding their feelings and helping them to figure them out, want to make other people happy "that's what I'm here for")

Would like someone who can identify when you're being taken advantage of. . . this is something, what is it?
    Like people who know what they want and are actively working to get it. Disciplined. Hmm.

Start to say something, then hold back. introverted behavior again.

Friends say sweet, compassionate (usually logical types aren't described in those terms, because although they can be compassionate, and help others, it's not typically noticed in the way that it would be in ethical types who are more obvious softies.)

Calm - Typical IJ descriptor. Even the Se-creatives, appear calm, unbothered, stable. Si IPs are also calm in a different way. And because this is so subject to interpretation, the most that can be said is again an introvert.

Super-considerate, always trying to show appreciation for others, and seeing this as one of best qualities in self: strong Fi. IxFx so far most likely.

Bad at (or don't care about) Si, Bad at Te. (The making things cozy could be related to Si, the forgetting to cash checks and take care of things like that could be related to Te)

Procrastination, lack of discipline, lack of focus . . . low Se, low Te or irrational? Enough things against irrationality though, that I don't think it's that.

Ha, CD-style thinking (programming comment, which can superficially look like Ti imo)

Idea of positive impact on world is making as many people as possible happier. . .NeSi valuing, short-range expansion.

So far, IxFJ seems most likely

Lol, likes strict assholes. . . so likes xSTJs lolol.

Can tell people are being fake, when others can't tell this. Strong Fi, or Ne, or both maybe. (I don't know anyone who actually likes fake people, but it can be harder to distinguish fakeness from genuineness for some types than others)

Got most excited about answering Fi and Ne questions at the end. So, probably strong valued elements. Positivist "people inherently good" but have problems, and Te is answer to problem heh. Ne rather than Se. EII. Would say that there is still a chance for SEI, but doesn't make sense re. your relation to Si and you seem Te valuing rather than Ti valuing imo. Also rationality.
    Last edited by squark; 07-05-2018 at 01:27 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

this theme is another example when conformism overweights the evidence of the mistake. then people hardly find the rationalizations for bs

she looks as cute and tender FN ? really ? lol
    also check my notes of her strange views for EII type

john snows.. noobs..

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this theme is another example when conformism overweights the evidence of the mistake. then people hardly find the rationalizations for bs

john snows.. noobs..
    IJs don't necessarily look "cute and tender" lol, they tend to look more composed than "cute" imo anyway. But that's entirely a subjective viewpoint, and not worth anything really. Certainly impossible to argue subjective opinions on how types look. It's kind of like arguing whether a pine tree looks "stately" or "stiff" or "gangly" as all could be valid opinions on the same tree. . .

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So... I say EII could be the case. People find your type bit confusing. I would say you have also good amount of stability in you (could point towards normalizing). A lot more composed (not just the front) than certain EII's I have met.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

john snows.. noobs..
    You're the one who says to type based on the information elements, yet you are typing me based on your random, subjective feelings. Other people have given detailed explanations of how they see different IEs in me, and I've listened to them, even if we sometimes disagree. I've asked you twice to explain your understanding of the IEs. This is the third and last time I'll ask you, since as a recreational comedian I can't ignore the rule of threes. If you continue to post antagonistic remarks with no concrete evidence other than your own opinion, then I am sorry but I will have to ignore you going forward. I honestly fear that I have already given you too much attention and encouraged you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12