Thread: ENFps would you describe ISTps as "sweet"?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFps would you describe ISTps as "sweet"?

please bear with me regarding these SLI questions, everyone...

would you describe SLIs as "sweet" in relationships? Would they, deep down, ever consider themselves as being "softies"? Like say if they had daughters?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post

would you describe SLIs as "sweet" in relationships? Would they, deep down, ever consider themselves as being "softies"? Like say if they had daughters?
    I wish I knew. . .

However, i did see a photo of the SLI i knew, at a wedding, "dancing" with 2 little girls probably around 7 or 8 years old, holding their hands. It was so adorable! (and I never expected that from him). So I guess my answer is yes. . .

p.s. and yes, again, I admit I am a facebook stalker
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I wish I knew. . .

However, i did see a photo of the SLI i knew, at a wedding, "dancing" with 2 little girls probably around 7 or 8 years old, holding their hands. It was so adorable! (and I never expected that from him). So I guess my answer is yes. . .

p.s. and yes, again, I admit I am a facebook stalker
    thanks, work!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a sweetie deep down.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post

I have another SLI guy friend w a young daughter [18 months old or so, I think] and he absolutely loves her. When he talks about her his face stays calm/mostly expressionless, but you can see him light up very subtly at the same time, which is very sweet. He also includes her in some of his FB status updates, always w that dry SLI humor [a recent example: "FYI: [Baby's name] is learning colors and how to say R's. If she points and says "Gay!" she's noting your gray shirt, not judging your lifestyle."].

omg that cracked me up!!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I'm a sweetie deep down.
    Sure you are. . .

j/k

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sure you are. . .

j/k
    He is actually very sweet on the inside and tries very very hard not to show it. But, I have been around my duals long enough to know how they like to cover this aspect about themselves up.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    He is actually very sweet on the inside and tries very very hard not to show it. But, I have been around my duals long enough to know how they like to cover this aspect about themselves up.
    Maritsa, repeat after me. . .

can you say SARCASM?

(did you just neglect to see the little j and little k down at the bottom of my post? Or you just wanted another chance to fawn over your supposed duals?)

Ryu is actually a good friend of mine on here.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa, repeat after me. . .

can you say SARCASM?

I don't get internet sarcasm, I get it in person, when someone starts to show it by laughing.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I don't get internet sarcasm, I get it in person, when someone starts to show it by laughing.
    um that's why i put the j/k there.

someone is a little dense. . .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

um that's why i put the j/k there.

someone is a little dense. . .
    I saw it; I am just explaining to you how I see things.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband is a complete pushover with our girls. He is definitely a softie, and I am the disciplinarian. As far as discipline goes, as we are light in that department.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the impression that Fi HA would cause ISTps to want to be softer and more emotionally open, but they generally don't know how. Maybe?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    My husband is a complete pushover with our girls. He is definitely a softie, and I am the disciplinarian. As far as discipline goes, as we are light in that department.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't have any problems being the discipliner....it bothers me when I see an EII mother being overrun by her kids : /

Creepy-Cyclops

The ones I know are softies deep down.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the SiTe I've had close enough experiences with are huge softies in the side, they are absolutely adorable and thoughtful... Once you reach that stage with them. You are either very lucky and caught one's imagination and they already start to act tender towards you (super rare) or after you win gold in all Olympic feats (only half sarcastic here ), then this very tender and loyal side comes out. Both SiTe I've been involved with told me they usually avoid relationships because it takes up half of their mind, and it distracts them from things they need to do. I found this funny because I always have my relationships churning in my head, so when a new one arrives, I can still maintain all of my other obligations outside of my social life.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very interesting. hmmmm. thank you everyone for your input.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    All the SiTe I've had close enough experiences with are huge softies in the side, they are absolutely adorable and thoughtful... Once you reach that stage with them. You are either very lucky and caught one's imagination and they already start to act tender towards you (super rare) or after you win gold in all Olympic feats (only half sarcastic here ), then this very tender and loyal side comes out. Both SiTe I've been involved with told me they usually avoid relationships because it takes up half of their mind, and it distracts them from things they need to do. I found this funny because I always have my relationships churning in my head, so when a new one arrives, I can still maintain all of my other obligations outside of my social life.
    Interesting. . .now I'm REALLY thinking i'm SLI. I relate to the bolded. And I am not able to multitask social life with obligations too well at all.

hmmmmmmmmmm. . .

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. . .now I'm REALLY thinking i'm SLI. I relate to the bolded. And I am not able to multitask social life with obligations too well at all.

hmmmmmmmmmm. . .
    You're about as ISTp as I am ISTp.

(this means you're not ISTp )

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I won't have any problems being the discipliner....it bothers me when I see an EII mother being overrun by her kids : /
    I am a pushover, complete and utter pushover. That would, sadly, be me. I fear that sometimes (like never, ever, ever) won't be able to put down the law for them. I think I will be very forgiving and very warm to a fault. I don't have the heart to "punish" my kids. I will send my kids email messages with little slogans to be conscientious about their actions. I will probably start crying myself...argggg. I can see myself telling my husband to be gentle all the time.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    You're about as ISTp as I am ISTp.

(this means you're not ISTp )

Yeah shortly after I posted that I started remembering all the multitude of ways I'm IEE.

I suppose what look.to.the.sky wrote about inability to multitask relationships probably isn't type related, or can occur to either dual (SLI or IEE). Or maybe I can multitask it better than I think I can.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose what look.to.the.sky wrote about inability to multitask relationships probably isn't type related, or can occur to either dual (SLI or IEE). Or maybe I can multitask it better than I think I can.
    I think you're most likely able to multitask with relationships better if you're NeFi (prolly FiNe too, I haven't really looked into the other types). Because when you're NeFi, you are constantly noticing a processing information that relationships are a subset of already, so an NeFi would already be churning around that sort of information when a relationship comes to fruition.

My claim isn't whether a person allows the relationship to take over their lives or not. That's more of a maturity issue. And constantly thinking about the relationship isn't the claim either. It's just how a relationship changes how you live. In my personal experience (not type related maybe?) I can easily factor others into my day-to-day life if they are important enough. In my brain, I just instantly know where I have wiggle room to do things for others, or to see them. What changes in my life is WHO I focus that on. The norm (only recently) is focused on me, then when someone is of interest, say I haven't seen them in a while, they've had a really rough week, or they are my boyfriend, that focus changes to accommodate that.

I think this is type-correlative more than anything, but all the SiTe could improve with their relationship management comparatively to me This goes for other types as well, I sometimes have issues with my NeTi best-friend. It isn't until the relationship is considered a commitment/responsibility that the SiTe I've been close with put in a significant amount of focus. And once they are in the relationships they are (at least recently, I can't really speak of their past) loyal to death. And that can even be a detriment, because I see them being taken advantage of and then them being scarred and never wanting to enter a relationship again

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leon, from The professional, gives you a good idea on the real nature of SLIs. They are quite soft hearted, generally speaking, though they rarely allow others get close enough to realize it. However, if someone "touches their soul", it will become very evident.

ILIs are very similar by the way. Both are a treasure to have as friends.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mikemex, I like your sig. I loved that book as a kid!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mikemex, I like your sig. I loved that book as a kid!
    Great! It's one of the best books I've read; and not precisely just for kids...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad, who I guess is SLI, is that way, too. He is a quite soft person, even at the outside, and often had not the heart to forbid something. He actually was less demanding than my (probably) EII mum.

This is very interesting, Redbaron, because I always thought my dad is a `typical` SLI, but apparently many SLIs seem to give an other impression... (At the outside at least... (?)) It would be interesting to hear your experiences with them, if you don`t mind. If you don`t feel comfortable answering, just ignore my question

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    This is very interesting, Redbaron, because I always thought my dad is a `typical` SLI, but apparently many SLIs seem to give an other impression... (At the outside at least... (?)) It would be interesting to hear your experiences with them, if you don`t mind. If you don`t feel comfortable answering, just ignore my question
    well that's the thing! I don't think I actually know any! I'm not sure, still trying to figure that out.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, ok. I assumed your question is caused of some impressions you got...