Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could anyone help me figure out if I'm a EII or SEI?

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Could anyone help me figure out if I'm a EII or SEI?

Hello!

I'm somewhat new to socionics. A while ago, I took a personality test on sociotype.com and got EII, but actually looking into the quadras, functions, and dichotomies, I'm not entirely sure if I'm a Delta EII or an Alpha SEI. I know for certain that I value Si and Ne, but I don't know if I value Fi/Te or Fe/Ti. I've tried looking on different websites to figure out the difference, but the descriptions of Fi and Fe in particular don't seem to be consistent or grounded to me. I really just can't see how they're two completely different things or where the line between them lies.

I was planning on writing out a big post about myself, different aspect of my personality, and what I think they mean, but then I realized that I don't know if my perception of myself is completely accurate. I was trying to avoid painting myself a certain way and including information that irrelevant,contradictory, or inaccurate. As a result - and being the incredible indecisive person that I am - I couldn't get anything useful or meaningful into the post. So instead, I think it would be better if someone asked questions that would conclude what my type is? Such as "do you do this," "how do you feel about this," or point out some of the major fundamental differences between the two types or something?

So would anyone be willing to help me out?

Sorry in advance if this post is confusing or not specific enough.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    I'm somewhat new to socionics. A while ago, I took a personality test on sociotype.com and got EII, but actually looking into the quadras, functions, and dichotomies, I'm not entirely sure if I'm a Delta EII or an Alpha SEI. I know for certain that I value Si and Ne, but I don't know if I value Fi/Te or Fe/Ti. I've tried looking on different websites to figure out the difference, but the descriptions of Fi and Fe in particular don't seem to be consistent or grounded to me. I really just can't see how they're two completely different things or where the line between them lies.
    would you say that you're better at synthesizing events together, seeing how one thing leads to another, or analyzing any particular event?
    what sort of criticism are you most sensitive to? does it have more to do with S-related or T-related subjects?

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Welcome, Ypiret!

Some questions to get the discussion going:

What made you choose your username, Ypiret?
    When I was little, I wanted to have a username without numbers without just being completely random. So I Google translated the meaning of my name into Greek, cut off the last two letters, and I've used it ever since. I have no idea if it's actually accurate though.

You say you're 'somewhat new' to socionics? What experiences do you have already? Just those tests that you took? How long have you been studying socionics?
    I've only known about socionics for about two weeks. I started with MBTI, but it was really vague and community seemed more focused on using it to justify looking down on people(particularly sensors) instead of using it to find out more about themselves or other people. I know about the functions, dichotomies, quadras, and intertype relationships, but not on a very detailed level. I would never claim to be a expert.

What do you like to do for fun in your free time?
    I don't do anything really exciting. I don't go out to parties or drink or anything like that. I have a few friends, and on the weekends we mostly just wander aimlessly around the city and campus until we find a place to just sit down and talk. Now that I think about it, we spend a large amount of time playing games. In particular, games with concealed rules. We also do this thing while we're walking when we'll make up a story by passing around out room keys. For example, I'd say "Once upon a time there was a boy named Greg," then I would give the key to someone else and they would say, " who was half dinosaur as a result of a failed government experiment." We usually end up with some pretty crazy stories by the time we reach our destination. We're also kind of geeky, so we'll play Magic the Gathering and when no one really wants to do anything, we just watch Netflix. On my own though, I lift weights and watch youtube videos.

What country do you live in? Do you identify with their culture?
    I live in the United States. I wouldn't say that I identify with the culture.

Do you like listening to music? If so, what music do you like?
    I love music! I really like downtempo and electronic music. However, I pretty also like a little bit of almost every genre except country music (no offense to anyone who likes country music).

Do you enjoy reading? What things do you like to read?
    I love fiction novels! I like the idea of escaping reality and going on a journey within your own mind.
    Anything with romance is great too.
    I would say my favorite books are the Ugly series by Scott Westerfeld.

How did you find out about socionics?
    I had taken a break from MBTI because of the reasons mentioned above, but went back to Personality Cafe and saw it's socionics section and looked into it. Then I ended up here, but I don't really remember how.

*Disclaimer* And don't worry about answering the questions a certain way. I feel the advice of 'just be yourself' can be confusing, if you're not sure what that is. Just say what comes naturally. And you don't have to worry if your type is discovered from this first post/thread you made. In my experience, I've found that over time, if you stay active and post on the site, your true type will come out and become obvious. As Animal says, your type 'sneaks up on you'. The more posts you make, the more your natural thought process comes out, and the more obvious your type becomes. So kick back and take it easy and join in the discussions and other threads on the site.
    Thank you! I will.
    Also I will gladly expand my answers on any of my answers if they're not detailed enough!

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    would you say that you're better at synthesizing events together, seeing how one thing leads to another, or analyzing any particular event?
    I would say synthesizing event together, but I'm not entirely sure. Could you give an example of each?

what sort of criticism are you most sensitive to? does it have more to do with S-related or T-related subjects?
    I think I'm most sensitive to performance and appearance criticism although I'm not entirely sure; I don't like hearing that I did a bad job or that I look bad, even if I know it's true. Also, what are S-related and T-related subjects?
    Thanks for responding!
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-25-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret
    I've only known about socionics for about two weeks. I started with MBTI, but it was really vague and community seemed more focused on using it to justify looking down on people(particularly sensors) instead of using it to find out more about themselves or other people. I know about the functions, dichotomies, quadras, and intertype relationships, but not on a very detailed level. I would never claim to be a expert.

I don't do anything really exciting. I don't go out to parties or drink or anything like that. I have a few friends, and on the weekends we mostly just wander aimlessly around the city and campus until we find a place to just sit down and talk. Now that I think about it, we spend a large amount of time playing games. In particular, games with concealed rules. We also do this thing while we're walking when we'll make up a story by passing around out room keys. For example, I'd say "Once upon a time there was a boy named Greg," then I would give the key to someone else and they would say, " who was half dinosaur as a result of a failed government experiment." We usually end up with some pretty crazy stories by the time we reach our destination. We're also kind of geeky, so we'll play Magic the Gathering and when no one really wants to do anything, we just watch Netflix. On my own though, I lift weights and watch youtube videos.

I live in the United States. I wouldn't say that I identify with the culture.

I love music! I really like downtempo and electronic music. However, I pretty also like a little bit of almost every genre except country music (no offense to anyone who likes country music).

I love fiction novels! I like the idea of escaping reality and going on a journey within your own mind.
    Anything with romance is great too.
    I would say my favorite books are the Ugly series by Scott Westerfeld.

I had taken a break from MBTI because of the reasons mentioned above, but went back to Personality Cafe and saw it's socionics section and looked into it. Then I ended up here, but I don't really remember how.
    Based on your responses I would put you in Delta Quadra and probably a ego. Also Scott Westerfeld theory seems a Delta Architype of small individualistic communities in rebellion against collectivist hegemony.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Based on your responses I would put you in Delta Quadra and probably a ego. Also Scott Westerfeld theory seems a Delta Architype of small individualistic communities in rebellion against collectivist hegemony.
    Interesting. Could you explain why you think I use as apposed to ? What kind of things do user do that I seem not to?
    Also if you think is in my ego, how can I tell it it's my leading or creative function?

I'm also open to receiving any typing. I am pretty sure I'm either one of two types in the title, but if anyone thinks I'm an IEE for example or anything else, I'll definitely take it into consideration.

Thanks for the response as well! Sorry if I'm asking too many questions!

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Interesting. Could you explain why you think I use as apposed to ? What kind of things do user do that I seem not to?
    Also if you think is in my ego, how can I tell it it's my leading or creative function?

I'm also open to receiving any typing. I am pretty sure I'm either one of two types in the title, but if anyone thinks I'm an IEE for example or anything else, I'll definitely take it into consideration.

Thanks for the response as well! Sorry if I'm asking too many questions!
    Keep in mind this is quite tentative.

I think the way to speak is more due to your focus on personal likes/dislikes and your relationships vs emotional self expression. The sentiments you express are not in the moment and are about things which are fairly unchanging.

You volunteered a lot of this information unprompted as well, although you answered William's questions directly, a lot of your personal sentiments are unpromoted. One of those things that I have notice with ego functions is that even if you respond to some information or question which is unrelated to the ego, these tangential(depends on who's observing and taking in this information) bits of information will also be conveyed.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep in mind this is quite tentative.

I think the way to speak is more due to your focus on personal likes/dislikes and your relationships vs emotional self expression. The sentiments you express are not in the moment and are about things which are fairly unchanging.

You volunteered a lot of this information unprompted as well, although you answered William's questions directly, a lot of your personal sentiments are unpromoted. One of those things that I have notice with ego functions is that even if you respond to some information or question which is unrelated to the ego, these tangential(depends on who's observing and taking in this information) bits of information will also be conveyed.
    Oh neat!

I probably would have never been able to notice those things from my answers just looking at them myself. In retrospect, I do insert my own sentiments kind of often in casual conversation. Yikes, I hope I don't come across as self-centered.

Also I appreciate the fact that you reminded me that this is tentative. I'll try to remain flexible!

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ypiret! Welcome!

Can I ask what about personality typing interests you? Specifically OR generally. (By specifically, I mean, feel free to talk about why you just like socionics or why you like all the personality typologies you have interest in)
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What is your external emotional demeanor like?
    What kind of emotions do you notice in other people and pets?

Also, I think you're initially too polite to be EII. EII are standoffish, cold, hold themselves at a strict emotional distance to others.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pluie View Post
    Hi Ypiret! Welcome!

Can I ask what about personality typing interests you? Specifically OR generally. (By specifically, I mean, feel free to talk about why you just like socionics or why you like all the personality typologies you have interest in)
    Hello and thanks!

That's kind of a tough question. I've always kind been interested in personality classifications. I remember when I got into Avatar: The Last Airbender in elementary school and took online quizzes to see what nation I would be a part of or what type of bender I would be. I was also into astrology an underclassmen in high school.

Generally tough, I would say that I like the idea of being classified. Not like in a weird way, but I like feeling like I belong or am part of a group. I also like to find out what people around me are like and what type of relationship I could and should be forming with them. I know that no system is a perfect guide to living your life and interacting with people, but I want to believe it helps.

Specifically though, I like how detailed socionics is and how it focuses on intertype relationships. I like the idea of optimal life partners and quadras and how all the dynamics are spelled out and make so much sense. To me it seems like it has nearly everything other systems might lack.

Hopefully these answers are sufficient! I feel like I'm not writing enough in these responses.
    Just let me know if you need more information!
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-26-2013 at 04:18 PM.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    What is your external emotional demeanor like?
    I would say that I'm typically very friendly. At the same time though, I'm not very outgoing. I'm for the most part reserved and keep to myself but I gladly accept the company of others. I'm also quiet and am often told to speak louder by my friends and family. I smile a lot too, but I would generally say that I kind of clam up if the people around me seem unreceptive, unfriendly, or aggressive.

I'm not entire sure if I answered this question correctly. Is my answer sufficient?

What kind of emotions do you notice in other people and pets?
    I would say all kinds. I actively watch people's facial expressions, movements, and listen to their tone of voice to figure out how they're feeling or what they may be thinking underneath the words that they say.

Also, I think you're initially too polite to be EII. EII are standoffish, cold, hold themselves at a strict emotional distance to others.
    Aw, Thanks! Also interesting. I would not say that those things describe me at all. If I do appear cold to someone, it's probably because I feel to shy or don't feel comfortable enough to speak.
    Thanks for the response!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response!
    What I meant by external emotional demeanor is does your face show a variety of expressions that suit the mood of the moment...like for instance when you're sad...can you wear the longest sad face?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah because one type shows emotions and the other does not.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I meant by external emotional demeanor is does your face show a variety of expressions that suit the mood of the moment...like for instance when you're sad...can you wear the longest sad face?
    Hmm...
    I would say yes; I tent to wear my heart on my sleeve. I don't like, put on a show for everyone thought. I tent have "quieter" expressions so that I don't draw unwanted attention to myself, but I'm incredibly far from stoic.
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-27-2013 at 04:53 PM.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    Yeah because one type shows emotions and the other does not.
    Yeah, that's kind of what I'm having trouble with.

When I look at and in terms of objective and subjective ethics, I believe that I identify mostly with in principle. But when I read about how both of them supposedly act, I believe I identify strongly with in practice.

What actually made me question being EII was reading that their relationships with their duals - and just Delta relationships in general - aren't outwardly affectionate ones. This didn't seem right to me because I'm a very affectionate person; I am all over people that I like, and wouldn't feel satisfied in a relationship with someone who isn't affectionate as well or was uncomfortable with my behavior.

I guess I just can't see why their different or why using one results in a certian type of behavior? They just seem like two halves of the same thing to me. Not like and which I can easily differentiate.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This explains the difference between and

An Fe type would look at their dog and say "my dog is happy" while the Fi type may look at the dog and just give it some affection for the bond they have and not put emotional expression behind the dog.
    -

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Fe type would look at their dog and say "my dog is happy" while the Fi type may look at the dog and just give it some affection for the bond they have and not put emotional expression behind the dog.

Depends on the dog ...
    Last edited by chriscorey; 11-28-2013 at 04:58 AM. Reason: truth
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really understand this description of . It keeps talking about bond, unification, and attraction, but It all still seems really vague to me. It also doesn't help that I've read descriptions of that are similar to this article's description of .

Your example helps, but I can't see why someone can't believe that their dog is happy and give it affection for the bond they have at the same time. Is the idea that users only show affection to change things if they aren't the way they want them to be and users do what they want regardless?

I think right now I'm leaning toward because I identify with it much more when I look at more basic, bare minimum definitions of the functions.

I apologize if this is obvious, but I'm terrible at grasping information this way and I get confused really easily. It's much easier for me to learn through examples. Could you or anyone else post more of them?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't really understand this description of . It keeps talking about bond, unification, and attraction, but It all still seems really vague to me. It also doesn't help that I've read descriptions of that are similar to this article's description of .

Your example helps, but I can't see why someone can't believe that their dog is happy and give it affection for the bond they have at the same time. Is the idea that users only show affection to change things if they aren't the way they want them to be and users do what they want regardless?

I think right now I'm leaning toward because I identify with it much more when I look at more basic, bare minimum definitions of the functions.

I apologize if this is obvious, but I'm terrible at grasping information this way and I get confused really easily. It's much easier for me to learn through examples. Could you or anyone else post more of them?
    What I'm saying is that Fe valuers tend to give emotional-human anthropomorphic qualities to other living things whereas an Fi valuer tends to just reaffirm bonds. Yes, someone like an SEI can give it emotions and a bond because of how they demonstrate Fi....also an SEE and an IEE can do the same because of how they demonstrate Fe
    -

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'm saying is that Fe valuers tend to give emotional-human anthropomorphic qualities to other living things whereas an Fi valuer tends to just reaffirm bonds. Yes, someone like an SEI can give it emotions and a bond because of how they demonstrate Fi....also an SEE and an IEE can do the same because of how they demonstrate Fe
    Oh, okay. I think I get it now.

So an user would be more likely to see a random person is sad and then do something nice for them, while an user would be more likely to do something nice for a friend just because they're friends?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, no. I am ESI (others think EII), and I do project feelings onto inanimate objects or other non-human creatures, be it jokingly or seriously. From what I recall, that is more Ethical than strictly Fe or Fi.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I would say synthesizing event together, but I'm not entirely sure. Could you give an example of each?
    Two examples: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...amics#Examples
    The first example is of static perception (this applies to all EP and IJ types) and the second one is of dynamic perception (applicable to IPs and EJs). Which one of these descriptions sounds more like you?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-by-Functions

These descriptions are actually pretty utilitarian.

Take a look at the different Information Elements and how the are commenly believed to be expressed in the different blocks. Fe/Fi are nicely summerized for both EII/SEI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh, okay. I think I get it now.

So an user would be more likely to see a random person is sad and then do something nice for them, while an user would be more likely to do something nice for a friend just because they're friends?
    yup
    -

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Actually, no. I am ESI (others think EII), and I do project feelings onto inanimate objects or other non-human creatures, be it jokingly or seriously. From what I recall, that is more Ethical than strictly Fe or Fi.
    Interesting. I would say it something I do, but not actively. I'm not really sure how much I do it; It's kind of difficult to reflect on my own actions while trying not to have any bias.
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-30-2013 at 03:27 AM.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Two examples: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...amics#Examples
    The first example is of static perception (this applies to all EP and IJ types) and the second one is of dynamic perception (applicable to IPs and EJs). Which one of these descriptions sounds more like you?
    I think I might identify mostly with dynamic.

So I guess think the idea behind this is that if I'm static then I'm Delta and If I'm dynamic than I'm Alpha given their feeler's function order?

Also, to make certain, should I describe how navigation works for me like the example given?
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-30-2013 at 04:24 AM.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-by-Functions

These descriptions are actually pretty utilitarian.

Take a look at the different Information Elements and how the are commenly believed to be expressed in the different blocks. Fe/Fi are nicely summerized for both EII/SEI.
    Thanks!

I really like these descriptions. Even though I feel like I use both frequently, I think I might relate more to the description.
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-30-2013 at 03:46 AM.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup
    Alright.

So when my friends need help with homework, what look forward to and want to see the most is the look of relief and happiness when they've worked through something they couldn't figure out on their own. Since I've never really found myself actively helping someone to get closer to them(though it is a nice bonus) and instead do it to see them happy, am I an user?

Also personally, I'm curious. Base on my posts and the interactions so far, what do you(or anyone else) think my type is? It doesn't even have to be that specific thought. An idea as to which quadra you think I might belong to would be really helpful as well.

It also doesn't have to be SEI or EII, or Alpha or Delta either. I really have no idea and am open to any suggestion at this point.
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-30-2013 at 03:53 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Alright.

So when my friends need help with homework, what look forward to and want to see the most is the look of relief and happiness when they've worked through something they couldn't figure out on their own. Since I've never really found myself actively helping someone to get closer to them(though it is a nice bonus) and instead do it to see them happy, am I an user?
    You may not be an Fe valuer or you may be. I'm saying that Fe base, creative, activating and demonstrative seem to work in mimicking ways so you may be any one of these.

I, as an EII, will help to not only as a strategy to get closer to the person but also to make them my moral debtors...sad but reality and true.

Also personally, I'm curious. Base on my posts and the interactions so far, what do you(or anyone else) think my type is? It doesn't even have to be that specific thought. An idea as to which quadra you think I might belong to would be really helpful as well.

It also doesn't have to be SEI or EII, or Alpha or Delta either. I really have no idea and am open to any suggestion at this point.
    I don't see you as EII.

I will have to ask a few questions...

1. In regards to setting and keeping appointments, are you flexible or are you, would you like to be quite rigid?
    2. Do you strive to reach your desired goal quickly? an example is do you want to be type correctly like right now or can it wait and take time?
    -

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may not be an Fe valuer or you may be. I'm saying that Fe base, creative, activating and demonstrative seem to work in mimicking ways so you may be any one of these.

I, as an EII, will help to not only as a strategy to get closer to the person but also to make them my moral debtors...sad but reality and true.

I don't see you as EII.

I will have to ask a few questions...

1. In regards to setting and keeping appointments, are you flexible or are you, would you like to be quite rigid?
    2. Do you strive to reach your desired goal quickly? an example is do you want to be type correctly like right now or can it wait and take time?
    I can't remember a time where I ever did anything for someone to make them my debtor. I mostly just want to see a smile or a laugh or something.

I regard to your questions:
    1. I would say that I'm pretty flexible. As long as tasks aren't invading on a time I need to do important things, I don't really care when, where, or in what order they get done. When I try to plan, I change decisions kind of frequently so nothing is ever really concrete if I'm in charge.
    2. I would say quickly. Though at the same time, I'm really enjoying this process. I like talking to you guys and I feel like I'm getting a lot of things straightened out in my brain.

Also If you don't mind me asking, do you just not see me as EII, or not Delta is general?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can't remember a time where I ever did anything for someone to make them my debtor. I mostly just want to see a smile or a laugh or something.

I regard to your questions:
    1. I would say that I'm pretty flexible. As long as tasks aren't invading on a time I need to do important things, I don't really care when, where, or in what order they get done. When I try to plan, I change decisions kind of frequently so nothing is ever really concrete if I'm in charge.
    2. I would say quickly. Though at the same time, I'm really enjoying this process. I like talking to you guys and I feel like I'm getting a lot of things straightened out in my brain.

Also If you don't mind me asking, do you just not see me as EII, or not Delta is general?
    I just don't see you as EII. Delta is possible.

For the first one, I would say you're not a rational type. The first question was regarding j/p.
    The second one is in regards to Strategic/Tactical.

So this would be that you're an irrational Strategic and that would point to SEI, SLE, SEE, SLI, being that you do things to see a smile on a person's face with no alterier motives in mind. What do you think?
    -

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't see you as EII. Delta is possible.

For the first one, I would say you're not a rational type. The first question was regarding j/p.
    The second one is in regards to Strategic/Tactical.

So this would be that you're an irrational Strategic and that would point to SEI, SLE, SEE, SLI, being that you do things to see a smile on a person's face with no alterier motives in mind. What do you think?
    Looking into it, I think I am irrational, but I'm not sure about strategic and tactical. I just don't feel confident saying I'm one or the other.

Do you have any other questions you can ask? They don't have to be about strategists and tacticians either.

TIM
    ISTp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S, IP, SF.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Your media/entertainment preferences skew delta, but reading what you've written I think maybe I was a bit off with my initial posts. Your first post is more and seeking while the response to William had some elements, however looking back it's not definitive in your response to William.

I would include IEI in your consideration because IEI have a way of being agreeable with people as well while at the same time remaining enigmatic and elusive.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    S, IP, SF.
    I'm sorry, I don't know what this means.

Are you saying that I'm a sensor, have IP temperament, and belong to the Socials Club?

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your media/entertainment preferences skew delta, but reading what you've written I think maybe I was a bit off with my initial posts. Your first post is more and seeking while the response to William had some elements, however looking back it's not definitive in your response to William.

I would include IEI in your consideration because IEI have a way of being agreeable with people as well while at the same time remaining enigmatic and elusive.
    I will definitely take IEI into consideration. At this point I'm not even sure if I value and like I thought I did. Mostly because looking into romance style, I think my role in past relationships is more accurately reflected by Victim and Caregiver behavior.

I really appreciate your help(and the help of everyone else whose posted). I especially like that your taking aspects of my behavior into account because I have a lot of difficulty with dichotomies. It feels like I can't come to a concrete answer to 90% of them.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I will definitely take IEI into consideration. At this point I'm not even sure if I value and like I thought I did. Mostly because looking into romance style, I think my role in past relationships is more accurately reflected by Victim and Caregiver behavior.

I really appreciate your help(and the help of everyone else whose posted). I especially like that your taking aspects of my behavior into account because I have a lot of difficulty with dichotomies. It feels like I can't come to a concrete answer to 90% of them.
    I find socionics a great deal more complicated to type because socionics has explanations for why individuals would use any of the functions, functions like role function(3rd) and demonstrative(8th) are often expressed in a very strong manner(bold functions) even through they are unvalued. In the same way the PoLR(4th) function, and Dual-seeking function(5th) can appear to be primary concerns for an individual, either as a neurotic fixation and as areas of intense(sometimes obsessive) interest. However, once each function and it's role in the psyche is understood, the typing to me is more valid and explanatory then other typologies.

Another thing is that it's not always extremely evident functional preferences(although they're there) due to the variations in function expression, however this generally becomes more evident as individuals develop themselves fully(in all areas of life) and even narrowly(due to some obsession and/or neurosis).

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find socionics a great deal more complicated to type because socionics has explanations for why individuals would use any of the functions, functions like role function(3rd) and demonstrative(8th) are often expressed in a very strong manner(bold functions) even through they are unvalued. In the same way the PoLR(4th) function, and Dual-seeking function(5th) can appear to be primary concerns for an individual, either as a neurotic fixation and as areas of intense(sometimes obsessive) interest. However, once each function and it's role in the psyche is understood, the typing to me is more valid and explanatory then other typologies.

Another thing is that it's not always extremely evident functional preferences(although they're there) due to the variations in function expression, however this generally becomes more evident as individuals develop themselves fully(in all areas of life) and even narrowly(due to some obsession and/or neurosis).
    Yeah...
    Taking into account all of the functions is a lot more intricate than what I'm used to.
    It's kind of initially overwhelming and I don't feel all that confident about the conclusions I come to, but hopefully I'll be able to work through it as I learn more about socionics and myself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, I don't know what this means.

Are you saying that I'm a sensor, have IP temperament, and belong to the Socials Club?
    he means S for Sensory

Ip for Introverted Perceptual which is Ixxp

and

SF for sensory Perceptual as in ISFp or XSFx
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast