Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of guys is most likely to be players? ESTps?

Creepy-

Default What type of guys is most likely to be players? ESTps?

If not, what type do you think is?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    If not, what type do you think is?
    yes, ESTps are the type most likely, in my experience, to be players... second is ESFp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gay sex
    Last edited by istpunk; 07-17-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol so only INTj, INTp, ISTj, INFj, and ISFjs are not players?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    yes, ESTps are the type most likely, in my experience, to be players... second is ESFp.
    I agree with this. The SEE recognises that others have feelings, so they won't fuck and run like SLEs will.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies. Here's the reason I asked:

I went out on a few dates with a guy who I'm absolutely positive is ESTP... I don't think I'm going to go out with him again, though. I got a wierd vibe, like I could read that he was covering something up - it felt like a profound sadness underneath his smooth exterior, and he came close to saying as much himself, but copped out with something like "That kind of thing is girly." On the whole it makes me sad for him because I think he's probably a sweet guy who's been hurt too many times or who has played too many girls (probably both!) and no longer trusts himself to let go.

I'm ENFJ (Equal parts N and F subtypes). I was wondering if other people ever have this experience where they can read people's vibes. Any thoughts?
    Good way to know is eye contact. If lots of times he can't seem to look you straight in the eye when he says anything about he feels about you, it could be total BS and he could be a player.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by istpunk View Post
    NT = ENTJ, ENTP biggest cheaters and will out-talk you.
    Have you ever known someone with Fi dual seeking?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, the following are players. Many say SPs are sluts (except for ISTP males, ISTP females are whores just like the rest of SP population are whores) but here are my observations.

ST = ESTJ, ESTP, ISTP females similar to their cousins.
    NF = ENFJ, INFP, ENFP, trust me on this
    SF = ESFJ, ISFP, ESFP, trust me I am one of the more powerful ISTPs out there

Females similar to their cousins? What does that mean?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what makes me wonder how the IEI would handle the "player" - ness of a typical SLE.

Perhaps - be so elusive & mysterious that the SLE is driven to craziness trying to nab that IEI. Then eventually, over time, (and lots of victim/aggressor games) ... the SLE realizes that the IEI is special, different. This is because the IEI is not just some easy to get girl that the SLEs usually conquer without a fight.

Then, all hell breaks loose as it usually will as the SLE reverts back to player-dom. The IEI is heartbroken and cries, making a total fit. The SLE actually realizes shit, I hurt IEI's feelings! Then, the IEI will play hard to get again, punishing the SLE for a good while so that the SLE realizes they will not get that special feeling from anyone but the IEI.

Kiss and make up.

Wash & Repeat.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I hate players.
    Me too.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, the following are players. Many say SPs are sluts (except for ISTP males, ISTP females are whores just like the rest of SP population are whores) but here are my observations.

ST = ESTJ, ESTP, ISTP females similar to their cousins.
    NF = ENFJ, INFP, ENFP, trust me on this
    SF = ESFJ, ISFP, ESFP, trust me I am one of the more powerful ISTPs out there
    Again, I ask, how old are you? You might want to rethink the way you say things.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In high school, I admit, I was kind of a playa--but it made me feel pretty badly about myself... It was more about appearances than anything--keeping up w/ my friends, if that makes any sense.

Maybe other ENFps were like this before their values were fully formed..? (I stopped acting like this during college.)

In general, however, I don't believe that ENFps are players... We might come across as flirty though.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    This is what makes me wonder how the IEI would handle the "player" - ness of a typical SLE.

Perhaps - be so elusive & mysterious that the SLE is driven to craziness trying to nab that IEI. Then eventually, over time, (and lots of victim/aggressor games) ... the SLE realizes that the IEI is special, different. This is because the IEI is not just some easy to get girl that the SLEs usually conquer without a fight.

Then, all hell breaks loose as it usually will as the SLE reverts back to player-dom. The IEI is heartbroken and cries, making a total fit. The SLE actually realizes shit, I hurt IEI's feelings! Then, the IEI will play hard to get again, punishing the SLE for a good while so that the SLE realizes they will not get that special feeling from anyone but the IEI.

Kiss and make up.

Wash & Repeat.
    I think this is one of the reasons for the infamous IEI "hot and cold" behavior that so frustrates people who actually want to get to know them (and hence all the threads complaining about IEIs in romance), but actually protects them in the long run. If someone is willing to put up with this crap, there's a decent chance they're not just trying to play you.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, the ESI guys that I know are actually pretty talented lady killers. The good-looking ones at least.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    FWIW, the ESI guys that I know are actually pretty talented lady killers. The good-looking ones at least.
    Yup, I agree with this. Good-looking male ESIs--most of the ones that I know are young professionals, e.g. bankers, lawyers... They seem to be a big hit with the ladies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's nothing wrong with being a "player" if you're clear about what you want, i.e., telling the person "I don't want a relationship." However, it seems many players lie and cheat in order to string along many people at once, and that's not nice.

I've dated many guys who were looking to play the field: ISTP, ENTJ, ESTJ, ENFP, ENFJ and ENTP. This leads me to believe that all types can be players.

Types would just have different reasons for wanting to be a player (variety, attention, fear of loneliness, etc). However, people who lie, cheat, or play are no more likely to be one type than another.

I don't agree that ESFPs are players. I dated an ESFP for years who was totally committed. But, he put on an act that he was some tough guy, etc., so that sort of behavior may lead people to think of ESFPs as players? I dunno.

I've never considered myself a player, but there was a time that I dated a lot (because I was looking for the right guy). To the outside observer, it could look like I was a player because I was dating several people, and an ESFJ guy accused me of being one (but later realized I wasn't, and I was only trying to decide who was a good guy). I also had an ENFJ guy accuse me of that after I was talking to a bunch of people at a party. He got mad that I made everyone feel "special." I didn't see how that was a bad thing.

It's all about the intent behind something though.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there's a difference between being a "player" (which has negative connotations; trying to "play" someone inherently means you're trying to fool them/use them for sex) and just being sexually open. But it seems like a lot of these people end up playing people who are just as into one-night-stands as they are so it probably doesn't make that much difference unless you happen to be the unfortunate one-in-a-hundred who is actually looking to hook up but gets played by someone who it turns out isn't.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Have you ever known someone with Fi dual seeking?
    My guess is that istpunk is hopelessly stuck with MBTT descriptions and interpretations.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Interestingly enough, I haven't actually been able to type any guys as ESI. I'm not too concerned though.
    Paul Newman, Herzy, Paul Newman.

You gotta love a guy who sticks his face on a sauce jar.

He's so Fi he likes the Mexicans more than the Mexicans like themselves:

And he has an appreciation for Italy:

He's even a bit of history buff:

ESI: multi-purpose wonder.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Newman was super hot.

SEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extremely attractive man.

And his Balsamic Vinegrette is the best dressing ever made.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many say SPs are sluts (except for ISTP males, ISTP females are whores just like the rest of SP population are whores
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Again, I ask, how old are you? You might want to rethink the way you say things.
    I don't know which part in particular you're objecting, but about female SLIs, it's sad but it's true. I know an SLI female that is a plain bitch. Good thing I didn't want to get involved (even if she was trying to get close) because knowing how many guys she has bed, I would probably had contracted AIDS or something.

But in defense of my beloved duals, I recognize that the life of pretty much all the SLIs I know is pretty fucked up. I know two SLI-ESI couples and I know that life is a nightmare. I know another whose parents divorced when he was a child and was never allowed to see his sister and mother again. Other who grew up without a father. I tend to believe that such behavior is a manifestation of escapism (like an addiction to drugs) more than anything else.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    It was more about appearances than anything--keeping up w/ my friends, if that makes any sense (...) We might come across as flirty though.
    It takes quite a lot of strength for an IEE to go against the opinions of others. They do a lot of things to please and feel drained because they later realize it's all fake. The best thing an IEE can do is to analyze, detect and protect what they really want, despite that it makes them unpopular in the eyes of others. They think they will not be liked if they do not conform, but they often forget that they'll get far more respect for themselves if they fulfill their own desires instead of those of others.

And yes, IEEs are seen as flirty. I've hurt many girls by making them to believe that I have interest in them to later realize that I don't. They often interpret it like there is a fault in them and I changed my mind while the fact is that I'm simply overly friendly with nearly everybody.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    I don't know which part in particular you're objecting, but about female SLIs, it's sad but it's true. I know an SLI female that is a plain bitch. Good thing I didn't want to get involved (even if she was trying to get close) because knowing how many guys she has bed, I would probably had contracted AIDS or something.

But in defense of my beloved duals, I recognize that the life of pretty much all the SLIs I know is pretty fucked up. I know two SLI-ESI couples and I know that life is a nightmare. I know another whose parents divorced when he was a child and was never allowed to see his sister and mother again. Other who grew up without a father. I tend to believe that such behavior is a manifestation of escapism (like an addiction to drugs) more than anything else.
    I uz condumz, mikemex. ur wrong.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your sampling is not large enough.
    SEE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Your sampling is not large enough.
    Ain't that the truth!!!

I love it when threads have a 'voice of reason' moment.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked a female friend of mine today "Are you a whore?" and she said yes. What else do you need?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generalizing iz fun.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    My guess is that istpunk is hopelessly stuck with MBTT descriptions and interpretations.
    You make that sound like a bad thing!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked a female friend of mine today "Are you a whore?" and she said yes. What else do you need?
    What does this mean though? Does it mean that she actually is a whore? Or that all women of her type are whores? Or even that women of her type tend to be whores?

Even if she is a "whore", that says nothing about her type.
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any type can be a whore. Hell even women who aren't particularly whorish now could've gone through a "OMG PENIS" phase.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You make that sound like a bad thing!

Did you read his post?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Any type can be a whore.
    pretty much
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Extremely attractive man.

And his Balsamic Vinegrette is the best dressing ever made.
    'Tis pretty tastiliscious ideed.

Default They are totally players! But convoludedly so...

Thanks for the replies. Here's the reason I asked:

I went out on a few dates with a guy who I'm absolutely positive is ESTP... I don't think I'm going to go out with him again, though. I got a wierd vibe, like I could read that he was covering something up - it felt like a profound sadness underneath his smooth exterior, and he came close to saying as much himself, but copped out with something like "That kind of thing is girly." On the whole it makes me sad for him because I think he's probably a sweet guy who's been hurt too many times or who has played too many girls (probably both!) and no longer trusts himself to let go.

I'm ENFJ (Equal parts N and F subtypes). I was wondering if other people ever have this experience where they can read people's vibes. Any thoughts?
    Similar story...I also dated an ESTP guy...He would boast about everything from how much money he has to how awesome his social & party life is...The thing is, while everyone bought into his superficial charisma, I saw right through it, because of the vibes I got from him. I felt very uncomfortable around him, but I sensed that he felt very alone and that the only thing that gave him a sense of worth is boasting about himself. I too thought there was a nice guy underneath it all.

Later on, and perhaps shooting from the hip, but from a place of compassion, I called him on it.

There were numerous other times when I saw right through him and called him on it too...although face to face, he denied any of the accusations I made, and I'm sure it created some resentment. I think the fact that I could read him like a book scared him, but at the same time intrigued him...Although nothing materialized between us, he started showing up at my work place with someone different every time, flashing money and expensive clothes, in an attempt to impress me with material goods and perceived popularity...*sigh* if only he knew that those kinds of things put me off people, not attract me to them...It's kind of funny but tragic at the same time.

I'm also an ENFJ and I always trust the vibes I get from people. It's hard to put a finger on it...Most people attribute "vibes" to hundreds of body language clues that you're subconsciously processing, but I have to admit, there are times that I can't shake that gut feeling about someone when I have no evidence to support those intuitions.

Another thing that I've recently noticed, is that I *think* I sometimes pick up people's emotional states and feel them myself...like a chameleon...but I'm not sure...

ex..
    Hypothetically, if someone around me feels insecure, and there are no outward signs of it, i'll feel insecure too...even though I'm not one to usually feel insecure or have reason to in that situation...What do you think? Has anyone ever experienced that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialFire View Post

Another thing that I've recently noticed, is that I *think* I sometimes pick up people's emotional states and feel them myself...like a chameleon...but I'm not sure...

ex..
    Hypothetically, if someone around me feels insecure, and there are no outward signs of it, i'll feel insecure too...even though I'm not one to usually feel insecure or have reason to in that situation...What do you think? Has anyone ever experienced that?

This happens to me too. I find it usually works against me because instead of being independent I quickly become almost "tied" to the state of someone else. I've learned to almost "block" this to a degree but when I do this people accuse me of being cold and selfish and my self-worth diminishes. And when I do give into it (i.e. with the last girl I did anything with) I've found, when relations end and the truth comes out that they actually didn't come close to knowing who I really was. Also people tend to project their own characteristics/traits upon me which pisses me off.
    INFp-Ni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast