Thread: People Think You're Weird Because You Eat

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default People Think You're Weird Because You Eat...

Mine:
    - "Pizza" Soup - basically you pile a bunch of supermarket mozarella cheese product into a bowl, then nuke it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until it gets all melty, and then pour tomate sauce over it; enjoy gooey goodness.

- Honey... by the spoon

- This doesn't really have a name, but I have it for breakfast sometimes - you take rolled oats and soften them with just a tiny bit of water; mix in some mashed up banana with some maple syrup and raisins; no cooking involved. It actually isn't half bad.

- Cherries with the pits in them; I know they're supposedly poisonous, but I'm too lazy to spit them out a lot of the time

- microwaved Milky Way bar... it's just a whole lot better warm
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i put scrambled eggs on rice with peanuts. it's excellent and has absolutely everything your body needs in good proportion.

uh, I eat spaghetti with kidney beans.

i don't cook any vegetables.

people think i'm awesome because all of this, though, take note.
    asd

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't really think of anything wierd I eat at the moment... I have a friend that eats spaghetti with bannanas. It's really gross.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    My mom says I'm weird because I eat ham with ketchup. I don't understand why it's weird because meat is meat is meat, and other meats go well with ketchup, so why not ham?
    I know a girl who puts ketchup on everything. I made a roast for her and she asked if we had any. I'm pretty sure she's ESTp.

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    i put scrambled eggs on rice with peanuts. it's excellent and has absolutely everything your body needs in good proportion.
    That actually doesn't sound half bad.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I know a girl who puts ketchup on everything. I made a roast for her and she asked if we had any. I'm pretty sure she's ESTp.

That actually doesn't sound half bad.
    I used to put ketchup on everything. Everything. I even carried a bottle in my car, that's how bad it was. I wonder if it was some sort of vitamin deficency. I could survive on ketchup.

I guess the only strange thing I eat is raw cookie dough by the lb...but that's not really weird.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to drink warm water with my ice cream. It was because my mouth would get too cold to the point where I couldn't taste the ice cream. So the warm water woke up my taste buds.

I also used to eat applesauce with pizza when I was a kid, sometimes putting it right on top of the pizza. I think I did that partly because the pizza was too hot and I was so hungry that I couldn't wait for it to cool down so I would put applesauce on it to lower the temperature. I also like to mix applesauce and cottage cheese together.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my siblings think i'm weird because i enjoy eating liver. in fact, they think i'm weird because i'll eat any sort of meat. they laughed when i announced that i was turning vegetarian. well, part-time at least.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be the person thinking you were weird. When it comes to food I am pretty cautious... I am squeamish

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio View Post
    my siblings think i'm weird because i enjoy eating liver. in fact, they think i'm weird because i'll eat any sort of meat. they laughed when i announced that i was turning vegetarian. well, part-time at least.
    I love liver. When I was pregnant, I craved it and cooked it all the time. LOL
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    It's high in iron and such, that might be why you craved it then. I ate tons of cheese when pregnant. I would take a pound of cheese out and eat the whole thing.
    Yes, I was anemic through both of my pregnancies. Funny about the cheese!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Mine:
    - "Pizza" Soup - basically you pile a bunch of supermarket mozarella cheese product into a bowl, then nuke it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until it gets all melty, and then pour tomate sauce over it; enjoy gooey goodness.
    heh. if you take a can of tomato soup and add a little bit of basil and eat this with grilled cheese it is almost exactly like pizza. i like it better than storebought or delivered pizza because it has a more nutritious taste. i like to combine extrasharp cheddar and mozzarella for the cheese on a hearty whole grain bread.
    asd

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    heh. if you take a can of tomato soup and add a little bit of basil and eat this with grilled cheese it is almost exactly like pizza. i like it better than storebought or delivered pizza because it has a more nutritious taste. i like to combine extrasharp cheddar and mozzarella for the cheese on a hearty whole grain bread.
    I love tomato soup with grilled cheese. I love to dip the grilled cheese in the soup.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I love tomato soup with grilled cheese. I love to dip the grilled cheese in the soup.
    disgusting. tell us more.
    asd

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for myself i don't eat much that's weird but on the other hand i can think of very few things that i dislike.

my brother as a teenager used to eat no-frills ravioli, cold right out of the can. disgusting.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow this is one of my most favorite meals. This is what I want for lunch today. YUM.

People think I'm crazy because I love spinach. I love it no matter how it's cooked - even cafeteria style. I don't care. I'll eat it. Yum. My grandma used to cook it with vinegar or something. God that was good. But spinach salad, spinach on sandwiches instead of lettuce, spinach used in any way at all.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babies.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once mixed ketchup, salsa, mustard, sour cream, and a pickle together. And ate it.

I almost died, but I did it.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was craving cheesecake one day and didn't feel like running to the store so I sprinkled some sugar on a block of cream cheese and it tasted just like the real thing. I've been eating it since. Sometimes i'll just munch on a block of plain cream cheese, it's excellent.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, there's some really weird food in this thread.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grape leaves/dolmathes -- one of the few foods I could probably die eating if I didn't contain myself.

Spaghetti without sauce

Bread sandwiches -- you know, a slice of bread between two slices of bread. Edit: Whole wheat bread of course.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Grape leaves/dolmathes -- one of the few foods I could probably die eating if I didn't contain myself.
    I love those! Greek food is awesome.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...too much and never gain weight.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Most of the food in this thread sound delicious.

The egg on rice thing is a asian staple, there's alot of variations on that dish.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamago_kake_gohan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat mayonase with my corn. Grosses the fuck out of people. Usually I try to gross them out more.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to eat raw hamburger meat and half raw French toast. I also like liver with onions, drinking pickle juice, and putting egg on my hamburger.

I used to drink raw eggs too.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weirdest things I eat are probably Jalapenos by the jar or cooked hamburger doused in salsa. I also have the strange habit of drinking the pickle juice once all the pickles are gone.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am vegetarian and often consume meat substitutes... which most meat eaters consider very strange/weird and not even very meat-like.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    I am vegetarian and often consume meat substitutes... which most meat eaters consider very strange/weird and not even very meat-like.
    i think it's weird to expect meat substitutes to be exactly like meat. i mean, there are some that are convincing but not always, nor do i think they're always supposed to be exactly like meat. i'm also vegetarian.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember this one time I spent about a month with a friend's family in Iowa. And I had a jar of crushed red pepper that I would put on like, lasagna, even spaghetti. And they looked at me like I was totally nuts. "Can you even taste your food?" I felt kinda bad about that. But I liked putting crushed red pepper on just about anything. I've tempered that a bit since then.

But not as bad as this one time when I put black pepper on... it was either just a rice-based dish or soup... can't remember, but I put the pepper on before I took a taste of it. And the guy who made the meal stared at me as I was shaking the pepper on as he said, "You haven't even TASTED it yet and you're putting pepper on it?" Needless to say, I now eat a lot of things as is without added salt or pepper, because I felt really bad about that.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I occasionally eat potato and orange peel, apple cores, melon rinds...that kind of thing. Just because. I have also been known to eat Privet leaves - not so much nowadays - they are probably toxic.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

-apple seeds
    -fresh dates before they have ripened
    -beef tongue simmered in vegetable soup
    -that I sometimes use chopsticks while eating salad and pasta

I cringe when I see someone eating fried eggs or omelette with ketchup .. it is just so ... wrong.

some weird food ideas: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...?frame=2537568

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People rabble rabble when I eat fish for breakfast; cereals mixed with fruit and yogurt instead of milk for dinner; raw, whole jalapenos and serranos; raw vegetables for dinner. I hate how people will argue with me about whichs are "for" breakfast or dinner, as if god made certain foods to be consumed at designated times. I like protein in the morning and my favorite protein comes from fish. Why is that so bad?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i like breakfast food at anytime but non-breakfast food is gross in the morning. dunno why.

i like putting chopped up jalapenos in a lot of things. like macaroni & cheese. but nothing really weird like oatmeal.

i like using peanut butter instead of regular butter on pancakes - but i don't think its that weird?

ho hum

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A cheeseburger with fried egg, potato scone and ketchup.

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I can't eat French toast unless I have ketchup with it.

I eat plain white rice with salad dressing on top. Try this, it's good. Especially with Asian sesame peanut dressing... mmmm.
    You mean french toast + ketchup? are you serious?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like egg with hot sauce.

I like eating raw vegetables. or if I'm too lazy to really scrub vegs or fruit, Ill boil it for a moment or two just to clean it take the veggies out, and use the water for tea after boiling it a while longer.
    (the tea is usually really gross).

I like to eat pasta with carrots, mushrooms, butter, and parmesan.

I like to take a spoonful of nutella and a dip it in almond butter.

I love love love grilled cheese with tomato soup.

I love mushrooms and put them on a ton of things.

I even put them in a pan and sprinkle raw sugar so that the sugar crystallizes.

TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I use chopsticks for everything, and after I force people to try it they admit it's more efficient
    Haha, I do this too

---

I like thousand island sauce on my chicken schnitzel.

My food preferences are very Eastern European, Australians don't often enjoy what I like so I tend to do a lot of English, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and Indian meals.

I also like to put a dollop of sour cream in soups.

I have mayo with my chips.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't know what's weird anymore...

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to drink warm water with my ice cream. It was because my mouth would get too cold to the point where I couldn't taste the ice cream. So the warm water woke up my taste buds.

I also used to eat applesauce with pizza when I was a kid, sometimes putting it right on top of the pizza. I think I did that partly because the pizza was too hot and I was so hungry that I couldn't wait for it to cool down so I would put applesauce on it to lower the temperature. I also like to mix applesauce and cottage cheese together.
    Hah I could remember doing this;the pizza was always so damn hot and apple sauce was my bidness (kids food though) so naturally the two sometimes were eaten in quick succession.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    -apple seeds
    -fresh dates before they have ripened
    -beef tongue simmered in vegetable soup
    -that I sometimes use chopsticks while eating salad and pasta

I cringe when I see someone eating fried eggs or omelette with ketchup .. it is just so ... wrong.

some weird food ideas: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...?frame=2537568
    apple seeds are POISONOUS in sufficient quantity. Perhaps you are more resistant to cyanide now though...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast