Thread: Any SSS typers here?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Any SSS typers here?

I've barely been around for a while now. Do we have any SSS fans among us these days? I have a completed mini-questionnaire that I would love love love to have someone who knows the method analyze. Bonus points if you don't already have an opinion of what my type is!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I've barely been around for a while now. Do we have any SSS fans among us these days? I have a completed mini-questionnaire that I would love love love to have someone who knows the method analyze. Bonus points if you don't already have an opinion of what my type is!
    "The Philippine Social Security System (SSS) is a social insurance program for employees in the Philippines."

"The Selective Service System is an independent agency of the United States government that maintains information on those potentially subject to military conscription."

"SSS means "S**t, Shower, Shave. So now you know - SSS means "S**t, Shower, Shave" - don't thank us."

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There might be a few. Alternatively, you can go to their English-speaking forum and either post your answers there or ask around if anyone is available to type you

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    There might be a few. Alternatively, you can go to their English-speaking forum and either post your answers there or ask around if anyone is available to type you
    I checked out it, but it says they don't do type evaluations in their rules thingermabob.

Here are my answers. It's only 20 because I've been doing these typings on other people, and I narrowed it down to the best questions for probable introverts and extroverts based on whether the questions is designed to get at signs or dimensionality. Sometimes I have to ask more of the questions, but often it's enough to go on. I am, of course, happy to expand or answer other questions.

-What is work in your opinion?

Work is effort put forth to accomplish a goal. It can be monetary, social, personal, health related, intellectual, humanitarian, etc.

Why do people go to work?

People work for many reasons. For most there is a very practical need to work (they earn money in order to fulfill their needs and desires), but on a more basic level, doing work of some kind is a human psychological need. People want to accomplish things, to feel useful/productive. They want to feel like they’re doing something that matters somehow. People who don’t have to work and just relax all day or who don’t feel like they’re good at their jobs or who don’t feel like they’re accomplishing anything worthwhile in their work are not going to be happy (or at least not for long).

Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    “Can”? I can do nearly any work if I’m willing to make whatever time/effort investment is necessary. There are a very small number of jobs for which I do not possess the physical or intellectual requirements (even with training), but for the most part, if I really want to do something, I can do it. Therefore, it’s more a question of how well suited I am to various jobs. Would I enjoy it enough to stick with it? Would it make me feel good about myself and how I’m spending my time? For example, I would lose my mind if I had to work a desk job! I love the job that I have because I’m on my feet and going different places and talking to different people and climbing around and showing off technical knowledge and providing a real and much needed service to people. I’m also self-employed, so I enjoy the freedom that provides.

-What is sympathy?
    Sympathy is expressing something along the lines of, “I’m sorry/sad that you’re going through that.” People contrast this to empathy which is more about putting yourself in the person’s shoes and feeling what they’re feeling, but I have a hunch that this question was meant to ask both before it was translated from Russian. (If anyone can verify this, I’d be really curious to know the answer.) I think both are good when used at the right time in the right way. Sympathy can be harmful if it’s engendering a victim mentality or enabling a person’s destructive behavior, but it’s not my place to tell others not to show sympathy even when I think this is what’s happening (though I’ll probably let them know what I think about some of the specifics of the situation, like “that person is being a little bitch” or whatever). Sympathy can also lead people to do things that make the situation worse from a practical perspective, but in that case that the problem isn’t that they’re expressing sympathy but rather how they’re going about it.

Additionally, caring about what others experience is a manifestation of wellness. I believe that in respecting and loving others, we are also respecting and loving ourselves (and vice versa). When this paradigm is accepted as a world view, one experiences sorrow knowing that another, even an enemy, is hurting. This is part of why I am careful not to hurt people unnecessarily, though on a more basic level, I simply do not enjoy seeing anyone suffer. I do unknowingly/accidentally hurt people sometimes, of course. And sometimes I knowingly hurt people for what I consider to be a good reason. Sometimes doing what’s good for a person hurts them short term, and sometimes doing the right thing for oneself or others hurts someone else. In those cases, hurting someone may be the right thing to do. I never take it lightly though.

When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
    Need? I wouldn’t say it ever NEEDS to be expressed. Or not expressed, for that matter. People should do what they feel is right. (Of course, this doesn’t mean I won’t decide it was shitty for a person not to empathize with another person in a given situation and regulate my distance with them accordingly, but they’re under no obligation to be the kind of person I think they should be.)

How do you express it?
    That depends a lot on the situation/person. Different people need different things. When I was younger, my natural inclination was to tell people, “So fix it!” My message was meant to be empowering, but I’ve found that many if not most people respond extremely poorly to this. They say it’s not helpful at best. Some have even said that it’s abusive. :-/ Apparently suggesting someone has any degree of control over themself and their life makes some people flip the fuck out.

Another very common thing for me to do when people are having a problem is to suggest solutions. Apparently this is also inconsiderate to many people. I try to be sensitive to this, but it’s really hard if not impossible for me to resist doing it at all though as I am an extremely solution oriented person.

So yeah. These days I’m more likely to take a gentle approach when in doubt or when I know that a person can’t handle what I’m really thinking (which is almost everyone to some extent). In those cases, I listen and say stuff like, “I’m sorry you’re going through this,” and ask if there’s anything I can do. I kind of hate having to put my actual thoughts through three filters before I express them. However, it’s important to me to be kind to people when I reasonably can, so I do it. It’s also important to me not to alienate myself in my relationships with others, and I don’t want to be insensitive unless it’ll actually help something. I feel like I’m suppressing a really big, important part of who I am though. I’ve been trying for a while now to work out how to reconcile these things. Maybe censoring yourself is just an important part of being a mature human being. I suppose it’s a matter of degree.

-How do people change?
    That is a great question. I so wish I had the answer. This is something I’ve wondered about quite a bit in my life. One time I ran into someone I had known 10 years previously. I wanted to believe that people can change (since I like to think that I can do anything) and mature, but I was skeptical. I considered it for a bit and decided to give everyone a clean slate. I paid for it dearly.

I guess the question comes down to determining exactly what the essence of a person is. Yeah, all sorts of things about people change. My grandfather was nothing but an alcoholic watching TV in an arm chair my entire life. Then he quit drinking and started all sorts of gardening and woodworking and whatnot. He’s still an asshole.

I like to think that I’ve changed and grown significantly through the years, but I’ve been told that I’m still the same person I’ve always been. I’m at a loss.

This question is actually probably the biggest and deepest I’ve known. Believing one thing (that you are who you decide to be, and life is what you make it) and then facing really strong, harsh evidence that I had been mistaken was something of a traumatic experience for me.

That said, I like to think of all of us as being on a journey in life. We live and learn and change and grow.

How do you feel about those changes?
    Aside from what I said above, I could add that any time anyone grows, I cheer them on.

I’m also terrified that I’m doomed to repeat the same bullshit in my own life over and over again, that I’m trapped in those patterns, that I can never really change. It’s a terrifying thought.

Can others see the changes?
    How would I know?

-Think of such negative emotional states as sadness, gloom, and despondence. Can you, at your own will, enter these states?
    If I ever had any inclination to do so, of course. It has yet to happen, and I can’t begin to imagine a situation in which it would. But yes, there are a zillion sad things I could think of if I ever did feel like purposely doing such a thing to myself. Usually children suffering or dying in terrible ways (like drowning in a septic tank) do it instantly.

I get pissed if others bring such things up to me though. Sometimes they start telling me about some depressing news story, and I will cut them off and tell them I don’t want to know. Seriously, why on earth would I want to know about some depressing shit when there’s literally nothing I can about it?

If not, then when do you feel them?

Usually there’s some kind of relationship problem as the heart of my negative emotional states. Sometimes it’s clear what’s going on (like when something’s happened), but not always. I often have to do some soul searching in order to figure out why I’m feeling what I am. Some time alone in nature always helps me sort it out and come up with an action plan, and then I always feel much better.

I also feel overwhelmed and agitated sometimes when I have too much going on. I tend to keep a pretty busy schedule at times, and sometimes I go weeks without taking a day off. That takes a toll.

Sometimes I also feel down for physical reasons, such as Vitamin D deficiency.

How long can you stay in such states?
    It depends on the cause. If it’s physical, it can last weeks or maybe even months. If it’s not, then hours or possibly a few days if something bad has happened.

How can you withdraw from them?
    Sorting out the cause helps, though sometimes that’s not easy. Spending time in nature always helps. An hour of walking in the woods or watching waves hit a beach pretty much always makes me feel better and helps me sort out why I feel the way I do. Typically after spending time in nature I have a plan of action figured out. Sometimes talking with the person it involves is the answer. Sometimes I just need to get out and socialize a bit. Usually going to the bed for the night does the job if none of the rest of that stuff did.

Can they be pleasant, soothing? How do you feel after you have experienced them?
    No. Not at all. I hate feeling bad. I won’t even watch sad movies. I also go out of my way to avoid seeing news stories because they’re depressing and/or angering. How I feel later depends on how I came out of it.

-How do you pick your own clothes? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of skin tones or figures?
    I pick clothes for how they fit, how well they suit my body type, skin tone (I actually pick according to my season’s color palette), personality, and activities. This isn’t something I pay a ton of attention to in my day to day life. I just try to buy stuff that suits me well. I enjoy showing a little skin, so a lot of my clothes are revealing. Comfort is also important to me.

-Are there strategies of attack?
    Yes, there are many strategies of attack. I think of Sun Tzu’s Art of War, for example. Militaries, sports teams, businesses, individuals, and even animals all frequently employ strategies of attack.

Can you use them?
    Of course, though I almost never need to. Most situations don’t come to that if they’re managed properly from the beginning. I identify the threat level of everyone around me and position myself to have influence on people as necessary/possible. Maintaining an optimal distance is something of an art because you want to be close enough to create as positive a relationship as possible yet far enough to avoid being harmed or causing harm. Having a positive relation with the person, even if it’s not deep at all, while making your own strength and boundaries subtly (or not so subtly, if necessary) known in the right moments can prevent 98% of more dramatic/damaging displays of force later. Understanding what they want/care about also helps because a lot of times there are practical ways to get everyone what they want/need in a situation without screwing anyone else over, and if that’s possible, I would definitely rather go that route. The more one does this, the better they are positioned to do it in the future because it creates goodwill and demonstrates that you have influence. This is a big part of how even more influence is created.

Another noteworthy consideration is that you can’t undo it once you get confrontational with someone. Depending on the person, your relationship with them may be irreparably damaged. Even if you apologize and are always nice to them from that moment forward, they likely won’t ever totally trust and feel comfortable with you. It’s better to start with a soft/friendly approach. You can always get in their face later if need be.

When is it justified?
    It’s totally dependent what’s going on. I’d have to see all of the factors involved to decide if it is or isn’t justified in that specific situation.

Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
    I’m sure there are situations where it is, but again, it just really depends on what’s going on. That said, I think most of the time when people do this, they’re being dicks. I feel extremely strongly about respecting property rights. If someone belongs to someone, it is THEIRS. You do not have the right to take it from them. The “might makes right” mentality is reprehensible. I abhor theft. Even littering is an encroachment on others as far as I’m concerned. It’s inconsiderate to expect other people to clean up after you. I respect people’s property, time, energy, rights, well being, and boundaries. I enforce this on others as much as I reasonably can as well. I’ve learned the hard way though that as much as I want to, fighting other people’s battles for them can do more harm than good. Their boundaries are ultimately their responsibility.

-Are there any standards of behavior or interpersonal relationships in the society? If so, do you adhere to them? Do people always have to maintain them? Why?
    Of course! There’s no end to them! Each culture, subculture, era, religion, family, country, etc. has such standards. And no, I do not “adhere” to them. I do what I want. Don’t tell me what to do.

What I mean by the above is that I evaluate each situation and do what I think is right, and it may or may not coincide with society’s standards. I resent having others try to enforce society’s expectations on me, and I also don’t think very highly of people who insist on just going along with the standards imposed by society/religions/whatever instead of thinking for themselves. People do a lot of really fucked up things when they allow society to decide right and wrong for them. Just about every culture throughout time has committed atrocities from religious wars to torture to demanding certain lifestyles of people due to their sex. Also, there are a lot of situations which are too complicated to just apply a blanket standard. For example, stealing is usually wrong… But are there situations in which it would be wrong not to steal? Probably. Society’s standards are too simple a lot of the time.

I think that almost all people have an internal mechanism that makes them feel shitty when they do something wrong. They don’t like hurting others. If they would just listen to their inner guidance instead of going along with what the masses think, a lot of terrible things (such as the Holocaust) could be avoided. However, there are some people who don’t have proper inner guidance, and it’s those people who make it necessary to have behavioral standards and rules.

-Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
    I guess it depends how you look at it. On one level, there is no meaning. We just are. On another, everyone has their own sense of meaning. On other, we have a biological imperative for self-preservation and the survival of the species.

If I had to come up with an answer, I would say that people have a responsibility to figure out what’s important to them as individuals and live accordingly. However, not everyone does this, and that’s their decision. It irritates me when they don’t accept it as their decision though, so I guess my actual answer is that the meaning of life is to accept responsibility for your life.

-What is beauty?

Beauty can mean different things. It can mean something is pleasing to the eye because of harmonious lines, colors, etc. It can mean something speaks to and moves you. Some things can be horrible and yet beautiful at the same time. I guess the underlying theme is that it has some kind of a desirable impact on a person. It resonates with them somehow.

As for what I personally find beautiful, it can be a scene in nature, a style that suits someone well, a dynamic between two people, they way someone feels about something or acts, lyrics of a song or someone’s self-expression. A philosophy can be beautiful. Sometimes a random thing like the path of a leaf blowing past me can grab my attention and strike me as beautiful. But do I ever actually say, “That’s beautiful!” Hm. I can’t think of a time that I have? Usually I would either enjoy the experience internally or say something specific about the scene that strikes me. I’m not really one for flowery speech, but if I do feel the need to express something like that, it wouldn’t be so generic a word as “beautiful”.

Do you change your opinion about beauty?
    My tastes in things like clothes can change, but I would say that’s too superficial to be considered “beauty”. Sometimes my attraction to a person changes as I get to know them, but I wouldn’t say that it’s what I find beautiful that changes but rather my knowledge of whether the person fits it. So no, I don’t think it changes.

Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?

I think there’s a lot of variety within the generally accepted notion. The only thing that comes to mind as going beyond the generally accepted notion is that in a strange way, death can be as beautiful a thing as birth because both are necessary for life, but this is usually only the type of thing I would think about when confronted with and trying to make sense out of the a death, and I don’t want to think about it right now. Like almost everyone, I’m terrified of losing loved ones, and it’s a really difficult thing to think about. Next question!!!

-There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
    When I see that someone is good at something, I compliment the person’s skill generously. If it’s something I’m interested in being good at myself, I’ll ask them for pointers. If it makes sense, I may change the division of labor so that each person is doing the thing they’re best at and enjoy most so that as team we accomplish the best results in the most efficient and effective manner possible.

-Tell us about your moods over the last day.
    In the past 24 hours, I felt proud of my three year daughter because she did great at her check up at the doctor, happy and excited as I made preparations for her birthday party, discouraged that I got a migraine while I was meant to be preparing for guests, frustrated and overwhelmed with some of the logistics, content when the migraine went away and while hanging out with my relatives, delighted to see how delighted my daughter was when we sang happy birthday to her and she opened her presents, exhausted, and then happy when I woke up today because I don’t have anything going on today except relaxing. It’s been a very long week!

-How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    Comfort and coziness are sorta different things. Comfort to me means clothes and shoes that fit well and are a style/texture I like, ergonomic furniture, dry socks, a supportive pillow, etc. It’s more about avoiding discomfort than anything.

Coziness is about using physical things to create a certain mental state, one of rest and recovery. It’s a state that I go into in order to relax so that I might go back to work/play refreshed. I use music or activities (such as watching TV or playing a game) to help me relax. Having had a good meal helps, too. I might also have a couple alcoholic beverages or some hot tea. Cuddling can also make you feel cozy.

Others don’t really specifically say, “Wow, you’re so good at making me feel comfortable and cozy!” I mean, at least not physically. I’ve had a fair number of people tell me that they feel safe around me, but that’s more of a psychological thing. I have been complimented quite a bit on my cooking and massage skills, but I only do either of those if/when I feel like it, which isn’t super often (especially for massages). I guess if I’m helping someone fall asleep I can create psychological coziness for them through guided visualization and progressive relaxation, techniques I’ve learned in order to combat my own insomnia.

There is a certain skill that some people have… I go into other people’s houses for a living, and there are certain homes that are decorated in a manner which evokes a strong emotional response. You walk in and feel like you’re on vacation, or floating, or in a spa, or ready to curl up with your favorite novel. The aesthetic vibe is almost palpable. I like to believe I could create a space like that and would enjoy doing so if I cared about it enough to actually spend the time and money on it. But I don’t. Lol

-What your response to this statement? “Ideas do not have to be correct in order to be good.”
    “Incorrect” ideas can sometimes have a positive impact in a variety of ways, so I’d say it’s a true statement. This, of course, does not mean that all ideas are good. It depends on the outcome.

The reason I put “incorrect” in quotations is because all ideas are a human perception of something, not the thing in itself. I’m not sure we can ever really KNOW anything. We just make assumptions that seem to work in navigating the world, and some are more reliable than others.

-Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    I’m good at making things happen. I can typically tell how much force to use. Sometimes less is more. I’ll be honest though, on those rare occasions when it’s necessary to get in someone’s face, I do enjoy it.

-What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
    “Logical” essentially just means, “This is what I think.” Everyone thinks they’re logical, and almost no one recognizes that they’re simply thinking what they want to think and believing what they want to believe.

Part of the meaning of logical is coherent and consistent, but it’s extremely possible to have a completely coherent and consistent system that’s wrong (which my “incorrect” comments above as a disclaimer). That is to say, a statement can be valid without being sound.

I’ll admit to a certain dissonance here though… On one hand, I think what I’ve described above. But on the other, some actions are clearly more logical than others. And there is value in the type of formal logic that I learned in a critical thinking class. Recognizing logical fallacies is a valuable skill. I guess I would consider that type of formal logic to be the common view, though I suspect that, sadly, many people do not possess this skill set.

I could keep going, but I’m tired of this question. Maybe I’ll come back and add more.

-Do you need help making predictions about life and determining how something will end?
    Yes! I often ask people what they think will happen if I do something. When I was younger I didn’t do this as much, just acted. I’ve learned through experience that sometimes taking a moment to ask this question can prevent a lot of trouble.

Do you trust those predictions?
    Sometimes. It largely depends on the person and how they say it. I can’t really explain why I trust or don’t trust predictions. (Of course, I never really blindly follow them.)

-What does moral mean? What is immoral? How do you understand these terms and does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    People typically see morality as being about right vs wrong, but I find this to be a simplistic way of looking at it. Few things are ever strictly and totally right or wrong. There are a lot of factors involved. I’ve put a fair amount of thought into what makes something moral or immoral since it’s a really complicated, interesting, and important subject. After much consideration, this is what I’ve come up with:

I believe that one should avoid unnecessarily harming others. People have a responsibility to their own happiness and well being and best interests above all else, but one should also recognize that from an overall perspective, other people's happiness and well being and best interests are just as important to them and consider and weigh this empathy accordingly.

For example, if a person is very unhappy in her relationship but knows that it will hurt her husband and children and relatives and friends if she gets a divorce, she should do so anyways. In that situation, she should get the divorce because her happiness is comparable to their unhappiness, and in the long run, everyone will probably be happier that way anyways. Her happiness will allow her to be the best relative/friend/parent she can be, and time will heal the other people. Her spouse will also be better off with someone who is happy in the relationship, not her.

Now, on the other hand, if I'm kinda hungry and kinda feel like pork, it would be wrong for me to roast and eat the neighbors' pot belly pig because their grief will far outweigh my enjoyment of my meal.

Most situations aren’t totally cut and dry. People should consider all of the factors involved and do what they believe to be best. That’s really all anyone can ever do. Our actions may lead to a negative outcome, but that’s just part of living and learning. And let’s face it, we can’t always know how things will turn out. There may be factors involved that we had no way of knowing.

As for judging others and their actions as moral vs immoral, I tend not to see people simply being a good or bad person. There are some people, such as sociopaths and destructive narcissists, in whom I see little who no redeeming qualities, but most part are a mix of positive and negative qualities. And no one’s perfect… We’re all somewhere on our path of learning and growing. That said, I’m always paying attention to people’s character (particularly the areas that are important to me) and regulating distance accordingly. Just because I’m not judging their value as a human being doesn’t mean I’m not judging their value to me!

Evaluating the correctness of my understanding involves just noting whether it makes me feel uneasy or peaceful. If I feel uneasy in any way, I take heed. If I have peace of mind, then I know I'm doing the right thing. Somewhere in our psyche we know what the solution is, but our thoughts can get in the way of hearing it. Our emotions let us know if we're on the right track.

-What is hierarchy? Give examples of hierarchies. Are they necessary? Why or why not?
    A hierarchy is structure where there are things under other things. These things could be information or people. Examples include an outline for a paper, the system of classification of living things, the military, crime families, corporations, and family trees. They’re necessary with information because structuring information allows one to find and use it, though I always hated writing from a outline. I do better just writing/speaking off the cuff. Hierarchies of people are what I would call a “necessary evil” in many cases. The structure allows things to run smoothly. I do my best to avoid being put into power hierarchies though (unless I’m at the top, of course) as I hate being told what to do. Highly corporate environments make me crazy, and being in the military sounds like my idea of hell.

I should note that formal power structures aren’t always indicative of who has the real power. There’s a lot that goes into power dynamics, and position is only one piece of the puzzle.

-What is time? How do you feel time? Can you waste time?
    ffs, I’m sooooooo close to being done with this questionnaire, and I hit this question???

The word “time” can mean a number of different things.
    • It can be about causal and/or sequential relationships. This happened, then this happened, then this happened.
    • It can be a measurement on a clock/calendar based on celestial cycles. We use this form of time to organize events.
    • It can be felt as the progression of experiences in one’s life. Sometimes it seems to pass quickly, sometimes slowly. I swear, the older I get, the faster time goes by… But then I realize that time isn’t getting faster. I’m getting slower! D:

When I was young I used to wish it would go by in an instant while I was waiting for something, but now that I have children, it scares me how quickly they’re getting older. I swear, I just turned away for a second, looked back, and ten years had gone by. It makes me cherish the time I have to spend with my loved ones.

The passage of time terrifies me in a way. You can’t stop it, and you can’t go back. You have no control over it, only what you choose to do with it, and only to some extent. I have this notion that it’s not death people fear. They fear that they haven’t lived their life to its fullest. This is what it means to waste time.

-What is classification? How does classification work? What is it needed for and where is it applied? Give examples.
    I think I answered this with the hierarchy question.

-A teenager/adult in your home is sick with the flu and feeling very miserable. What do you do?
    I evaluate any danger of serious complications and see that they get professional medical care if they need it. I monitor their condition to see if it’s becoming dangerous, often insisting that they take their temperature if they haven’t lately. I offer them medicine and supplements that I think will help them heal or make them more comfortable. I make suggestions about good things to eat/drink based on their symptoms. I research their symptoms if I feel that more information is necessary to make decisions. I tell them if I don’t think they should go to work/school. I handle any chores/errands that are necessary that they don’t feel up to. This may sound like a lot of involvement, but in practice, it’s a pretty minimal level of involvement. I mostly just ignore them and leave them to their misery. lol

-Do you ever feel the need to create some distance between yourself and another person? If yes, why? How do you accomplish this?
    Absolutely. A certain amount of distance is required with everyone, and the extent and nature of it depends on the situation/person, and it changes as time goes by.

It can be accomplished through a variety of means. Things like the amount of time/attention you give someone, the subjects you discuss, the exact words you use, which direction you take your responses, tone, body language, etc. A lot of times that stuff is more the result of distance than the cause of it though, I think. But then it becomes the cause.

-How do you feel about the statement “All is fair in love and war”?
    I couldn’t disagree more. Basically what it’s saying is that any action is excusable if you’re emotional enough. This is extremely destructive thinking. There are absolutely limits to what should be done in both love and war. In fact, one might say that when feelings are flying high, calm consideration of the moral implications of one’s actions is even more important. Your enemies, allies, rivals, lovers, and exes should all be treated with decency and respect. They’re still humans no matter what your relationship to them is.

-If you’re in the middle of complex task such as preparing a meal with several side dishes, how do you manage the tasks so that things are done properly and at the right time?
    Delegate! I don’t hesitate at all to ask for others to lend a hand if I don’t have enough time to do it all myself with burning something or stuff getting cold.
    SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSS means?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

School of System Socionics. Sadly, their damn site is broken for 80% of the people who check it out! It's run by an LSE and EII, and it's the most practical way to type people that I've seen yet.

It's nothing new though. It's basically just using dimensionality, mental vs vital, and Yermak's signs to type people. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...unctions-Eglit (Technically they're not Yermak's solely, but I say that to differentiate them from Gulenko's newer stuff which is different.)
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    and it's the most practical way to type people that I've seen yet
    They use Reinin's dichotomies and some other heresy. To use baseless bs is not practical at all. You need accuracy, while they have nothing objective to say they type good or significantly better than others.
    You may hope to be typed similarly correctly on any forum. If will give videointerview and normal questionnaire like by Eglit from that SSS.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    They use Reinin's dichotomies and some other heresy. To use baseless bs is not practical at all. You need accuracy, while they have nothing objective to say they type good or significantly better than others.
    You may hope to be typed similarly correctly on any forum. If will give videointerview and normal questionnaire like by Eglit from that SSS.
    They don't use Reinin's dichotomies. And from what I've seen, their typings are verified at least as well as anyone else's.

These are the Eglit questions, just not all of them (as explained above).
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Andreas, would you be willing to take a look at my answers above? (:
    SEE

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I apologize for my late reply. From your answer, it reflect SEE.

About the method, yes, you're right. Mental-vital, dimensionality, and +/- signs.
    But there is another field of study which you need to learn too, such as block and RIEC,

I can't explain the details, but you can see the report about how SSS typing @Myst.
    http://socionicasys.org/public/proto...SLE_Myst91.htm

It can explain all their method.
    There is two more public ones that I'm aware of:

http://socionicasys.org/public/proto...ILE_Recede.htm
    http://socionicasys.org/public/proto...IE_Verglas.htm
    (they are users on PerCafe)

After reviewing them, especially my own one, I can say they sometimes attribute statements in a weird way to things in the Socionics model where they actually have nothing to do with it in that way. It's too ambiguous stuff or in my own case, I know I view it differently than what they attributed to it in those cases. So it's not a fully reliable method but why would you expect it to be It's definitely better than nearly randomly guessing from very little data.

What would make me especially skeptical is if +- were to be used much for typing but I don't see it as being heavily utilized for the calculation so that's not terrible. It would be better if it was entirely left out - I'm not sure how they even use it btw, which +/- model they follow.

Anyway. It typed me SLE>LSI while I see myself as LSI. Recede as ILE while Recede self types as IEE now and I myself see Ne base for Recede and no real problem so far with the IEE typing. Verglas as possible EIE with low confidence level, I think Verglas is Ni base though and Verglas's self typing is ILI.
    Last edited by Myst; 08-22-2016 at 05:06 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

+/- is used as a response of how IM flows in model A. For calculating purpose, yes, +/- isn't being heavily utilized if the basic model A can explain IM flows. But when there's a chaotic IM flows and it can't represent the model A (when explaining answer about questionnaire), +/- will be the "superhero" for helping our limited "IM processor" to guess the type.
    That is pointless.

Just get more data about the person if it's so ambiguous. Until then, just present the options that are available from analysis of the current amount of data.

I know, it's not easily accepted by people, because this method is make guessing people's type will become more difficult to do. But, yes, the fact is, no matter who we are, our accuracy to type someone is <20%. We always have a "blind spot". That's why they never type people alone. At least 2-3 expert will work for a single person assessment.
    <20% if there is not much data, you mean?

With enough data, if the theory is any good in reality, type will inevitably be unambiguous.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Seems you still using strong Ti statement here.
    Even the data will be completely clear, we still have accuracy <20%. It's not about the data, it's about how each human perspective (and subjectivity) is different one another. There is no good theory about personalities. The parameter about how the theory is acceptable or not, is when that theory "returned back" into human diversity. Theory is made by human, and it must be back to human to clarify.
    If you really understand the basic model A, you'll understand someday about why we need others to typing people's personality, and why our own accuracy is below 20%.
    Good luck.
    What do you compare the typings to, to measure accuracy?

Typing and Model A don't have anything to do with subjective perspectives. But if you want to make it about that then it's also pointless to measure any kind of accuracy since you've just given up any attempt at operationalizing properly, so this 20% number is rather meaningless.

What do you mean by theory "returning back" to human diversity?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Vibes".

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Now I'm starting to afraid if I might made this thread derail. ~

I apologize. ~
    If OP doesn't mind, would you be able to answer my post above? Or you can send a PM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I apologize for my late reply. From your answer, it reflect SEE.

About the method, yes, you're right. Mental-vital, dimensionality, and +/- signs.
    But there is another field of study which you need to learn too, such as block and RIEC,

I can't explain the details, but you can see the report about how SSS typing @Myst.
    http://socionicasys.org/public/proto...SLE_Myst91.htm

It can explain all their method.
    Thanks!!!

I do look at blocks and transfers (response information element change), too. (:
    SEE

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Okay, I just

As a person who have weak in Ti, I actually bad at comparing like what is better and what is worse.
    I was asking how the 20% number was calculated in general. I don't imagine it was you calculating it right?

But, my personal subjective about how I can accept model, is based on how fit the theory explain the reality. There are two ways to know to theorizing reality. See the reality and capture it into theory, or make a hypothesis theory and prove it by reality. That's why I said there's no good or bad theory. But there's a fictional theory and non-fictional theory, depends on how fit it is.
    Err... bad theory doesn't explain reality well / is not applicable much.

I apologize for waiting so long about replying this, Myst.
    No worries

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

It's not a calculated number actually. It's an assume if a whole IM is captured by a single person and it being re-identified again by their identical.
    You can use strong/weak dimension (affect 50%), valued/subdued dimension (affect 50%), and inert/contact subtype (affect 80%). Product it, then you'll got 20%, that's the maximum accuracy of a person when typing another person.
    80%?

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because basic socionics doesn't need subtype actually, 16 types is enough.

But seems a lot of human life still can't captured by simple model A, and that's why subtype exist.
    People are like pokemon, but there's only 721 types of pokemon/people. Socionics let's you know if it's a grass pokemon or a water type. Subtypes are like evolutions. The evolved pokemon/people with high levels usually fight the other pokemon/people better. Pikachu can't be typed because he won't go in the pokeball.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Because basic socionics doesn't need subtype actually, 16 types is enough.

But seems a lot of human life still can't captured by simple model A, and that's why subtype exist.
    I was asking why 80%.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Because subtype just an added for a basic socionics. Subtype isn't permanent like type.

50% in mental/vital and valued/subdued is like a gamble. If there are wrong method of typing, it can affect into false typing.
    But subtype is different. It can changed based on how environment affect the type, and it's not a real 'gamble' to afraid of.
    That's why, when people easily identify the strong IM in people, it will directly reflect on the subtype, not type.
    It was my assume why the maximum accuracy of subtype is 80%, higher than other parameter.
    Lol religious gamble