Thread: What are your thoughts on facial hair?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default What are your thoughts on facial hair?

I usually prefer going for a clean-shaven to 3 day-stubble bishōnen look - thick facial hair makes me look old and seedy.
    Last edited by suedehead; 04-16-2017 at 05:34 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can go for about 3-6 days before I trim. Usually follow the contour of my jaw and dont let it grow out longer then 3-4 mm.

Hopefully the beard and moustache trend dies soon because it looks unclean on many guys.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Looks good on certain people, bad on others

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    I usually prefer going for a clean-shaven to 3 day-stubble bishōnen look - thick facial hair makes me look old and seedy.
    Gonna grow it all out come summer, because a thick long beard goes well with the distance in my eyes.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She says it tickles her thighs.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Looks good on certain people, bad on others
    Yep. And it can chisel a fake 'suedish' (not to be confused with Swedish) jawline so that has to be taken into account as well.

Hemsworth the type to look supa fly with it, in contrast to his clean shaven look.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Amish beards/chin beards. Mustaches, never got used to them but I wish I liked them because I believe it's natural and that men should not feel pressured to shave. As for myself, I have a lady stache I keep trimmed because I don't want anyone pointing it out. It looks like blonde peach fuzz that 13 year old boys get when they want to look "older".
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It looks bad on me, I look like a diseased AIDS ridden hipster ******. I mean more than usual.

Totally depends on the type of guy. Republican asshole SMASHes (straight male asshole sadistic hellions) can probably pull it off better since they are my polar opposite, though I know I'm being very campy and stereotypical with that statement. Like those obese str8 motorcyclers that it would be hard to imagine them without a beard? lol

I'm pretty neutral about facial hair, it can look really hot if done right/on the right type of guy, or just too awful/too manicured and try too hard. What really turns me off personally is the 'man bun.'

also I don't know how guys with beards deal with the itches... whenever I don't shave it just itches and annoys me/drives me crazy.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

This is just me:

I strongly prefer a guy to be clean-shaven but also have sideburns (a la young Elvis Presley ).

Other than that, some stubble or even goatee can be fine, too, as long as it is not too "patchy" and there is no "neck beard" thing going on...
    Something like this would be the limit in terms of beard fullness:

Anything that goes into fuller-beard-than-the-above-territory tends to turn me off in almost all cases.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

i'm thinking about getting laser hair removal for my facial hair - a "rugged", masculine appearance is only good for attracting older women. most college aged girls wanr bare faced bishōnens
    Hm it is predominately trans women who get laser hair removal for their facial hair...

I don't think it is really necessary to get it if you want to attract straight women or girls. On some guys, some facial hair looks better, on others it looks worse. There are some guys who I prefer with some facial hair on their face, actually. It depends. So all in all, I wouldn't recommend you to get laser hair removal for your facial hair... But that's just me.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it's aging as hell. i'm 22 and look 30 which is waaayyy past a man's prime in terms of aesthetics.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's hot on guys

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's aging as hell. i'm 22 and look 30 which is waaayyy past a man's prime in terms of aesthetics.
    I thought james bond was the perfect hottest man in his prime. And he is usually around 40.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

most women who are into men like that are well into their 30s/40s. i'm lnly interested in what's attractive to my peer group, which is this kind of look (collagen rich skin with next to no shadow)

Last edited by suedehead; 07-26-2017 at 01:55 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

most women who are into men like that are well into their 30s/40s. i'm lnly interested in what's attractive to my peer group, which is this kind of look (collagen rich skin with next to no shadow)

Wtf, what is that on his chin??

Sorry, but that looks... as if he's got a skin disease or irritation.

Not hot.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Here's an example of a celeb crush I actually prefer with some facial hair.

Adam Lambert, before.

Adam Lambert, after.

All in all, I think it depends on your jawline and the growth of your facial hair.

If your facial hair is too patchy, don't bother. Just shave it off.
    If your facial hair is thick or even enough and your jawline is soft and round, you'd probably look better with some facial hair.

That's mostly it.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Facial hair (whole beard, not just certain parts) improves hotness of at least 90% of men imo, unless they're very young or have a baby face. But it should be under control, no hobo or hipster beards, more like a stubble (the best) or short neat beard. Anything too stylized looks gay.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Anything too stylized looks gay.
    Hmm...

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Hmm...

Haha he's the master of super gay looks : D That's really not my thing - I'm ****** when it comes to beards, my bf used to be shaved, but now I dictate when and how much exactly he has to shave by cm's It's just very important and a huge turn-on for me. Once he totally shaved out of the blue and I had such a tantrum he never dares to do it again. God I sound like a bitch lol. But to be fair, I would never dye my hair red or cut it short, cause he hates those things. So it's a fair deal : D

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Haha he's the master of super gay looks : D That's really not my thing - I'm ****** when it comes to beards, my bf used to be shaved, but now I dictate when and how much exactly he has to shave by cm's It's just very important and a huge turn-on for me. Once he totally shaved out of the blue and I had such a tantrum he never dares to do it again. God I sound like a bitch lol. But to be fair, I would never dye my hair red or cut it short, cause he hates those things. So it's a fair deal : D
    Wow, haha!

I thought that's mostly a guy thing...
    Dictating how their significant other is supposed to look like, haha.
    I surely have my own preferences too, and I would nudge a guy into going for a certain look over another one, but I don't think I could be that vocal or demanding about it, haha!

What was your bf's facial hair situation like when you first met and later got together?
    I think it's fair to expect your significant other to more or less stick with what they displayed when you got attracted to them, and such...

Anyhow, I'd say that it's indeed a fair deal if you both adapt to what the other one prefers, more or less.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm...

Didn't even care about the styling, the eyebrows stood out way more. Angle, texture, color... Those are Thranduil-sized!

Is it a coincidence that Lee Pace (the actor of Thranduil) is also homosexual? I sense a gay conspiracy. Guess which lesbian icon has those, too:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Didn't even care about the styling, the eyebrows stood out way more. Angle, texture, color... Those are Thranduil-sized!

Is it a coincidence that Lee Pace (the actor of Thranduil) is also homosexual? I sense a gay conspiracy. Guess which lesbian icon has those, too:

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't like to shave. I prefer to look more natural.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The bi version:

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wow, haha!

I thought that's mostly a guy thing...
    Dictating how their significant other is supposed to look like, haha.
    I surely have my own preferences too, and I would nudge a guy into going for a certain look over another one, but I don't think I could be that vocal or demanding about it, haha!

What was your bf's facial hair situation like when you first met and later got together?
    I think it's fair to expect your significant other to more or less stick with what they displayed when you got attracted to them, and such...

Anyhow, I'd say that it's indeed a fair deal if you both adapt to what the other one prefers, more or less.
    He was either shaved or had a minimal stubble, but he preferred to immediately shave. When we were on vacation once, he let it grow a bit more and it looked great - so since then I kinda insisted on it. At first I just tried to nudge him because we weren't together for long, but because he didn't get the hint I had to spell it out to him : ) i don't dictate it in an agressive way, I do it more through manipulation - I whine and pout, give compliments how sexy he is when I like it, comment how hot certain guys with beards are when we watch TV together (hint hint), so now he really started to listen to me more, better than to be exposed to my bitch face when he shaves too short or too soon: D I did similar with the way he dresses, but that's not such a serious matter - we kinda do a compromise there, he appreciates my input and we have similar taste anyway. He's pretty stubborn though, so I couldn't dress him into whatever - he likes normal guys clothes and short hair (traditional guys's look), so he would never listen to me if I wanted to change him into a metrosexual or hipster : )

I also think it's unfair if people significantly change their look without talking to their partner first. If someone's attracted to feminine girls and meet you when you have long hair and then you start sporting a mohawk, stop shaving and gain 50 kg - he has every right not to be attracted to you anymore and the same goes in the opposite way.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bugs me. Where is the switch I want to put it on OFF position.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never shave with a true razor blade. don't like being that exposed. A little stubble always. I have an electric razor that cuts it to stubble. Never had facial hair. Goatee, beard, none of that shit
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just me:

I strongly prefer a guy to be clean-shaven but also have sideburns (a la young Elvis Presley ).

Other than that, some stubble or even goatee can be fine, too, as long as it is not too "patchy" and there is no "neck beard" thing going on...
    Something like this would be the limit in terms of beard fullness:

Anything that goes into fuller-beard-than-the-above-territory tends to turn me off in almost all cases.
    Yeah, this is the look I don't like. At least on myself. Looks fine on Elvis. I am more like this. I also have a hairy chest. Not back or arms though. I have heard many women who say they love stubble. I did it before that though. I think it looks good too.

"And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, being totally clean shaven is like putting gel in your hair. You need a ruggedness to your look. I dress nice and look nice but I have an edge to me. I read before that Betas tend to have a rugged look.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tearsofaclown View Post
    To me, being totally clean shaven is like putting gel in your hair. You need a ruggedness to your look. I dress nice and look nice but I have an edge to me. I read before that Betas tend to have a rugged look.
    It all depends, really... plenty of NF guys don't have a "rugged" look, for instance.
    And STs tend to look the most "rugged" in general, both the Betas and sometimes Deltas.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends, really... plenty of NF guys don't have a "rugged" look, for instance.
    And STs tend to look the most "rugged" in general, both the Betas and sometimes Deltas.

Rugged sexy. Like a pretty boy mixed with a badboy. Like George Michael. Looks like he has a hairy chest too. No, Deltas look like they smell. lol.

Well I guess it would be nice
    If I could touch your body
    I know not everybody
    Has got a body like you, uhh

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael and I shared an experience. People have thought I am black from my posting style. People thought Michael was black because he sang so good. Didn't think a white guy could sing like that. He was just a pretty face. He was lip syncing. But they were wrong.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep it long and thick, up at the chops and all the way down the neck. This way it captures a maximum concentration of euphoric bosons to enlighten me with logic and reason. I am a gentleman, a scholar, and a natural born warrior, and as such, it is my duty to protect the universe from the arrogant powers of the evil fembots and religious fanatics with my superior intellect, and my beard, combined with a nourishing supply of doritos, enables me to accomplish this.

Heil Sagan and Dawkins!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I shave once every two weeks to experience it all: clean shaven after I shave, stubble after one week and a beard after two weeks. Two weeks is when the beard gets too thick for me so I just shave it off completely instead of trimming it.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thats pretty much what I do. I like to mix it up, watch it grow then shave it off when Im over it. I feel like it keeps things interesting

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like facial hair on men 90% of the time. It looks good on a tiny amount of men imo. Five o clock shadow is okay

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just shave. Some guys wish they could grow facial hair but can't. You might want to sometime. I don't think you can get it back once you actually completely shut off the folicles. I think it'd look fake not to even have the matte texture you get on your skin from peach fuzz.