Thread: Sugar Pandemic

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sugar Pandemic

talks on how excessive consumption of sugar leads to increase in obesity and, by extension, diabetes

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr. Lustig, that's funny
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

sugar will burn to the ground everything u love

from the inside out

and

from the outside in

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS, I drink about 8 cups of coffee a day with 3 cubes of sugar each, and I have no problems at all. Sugar is more of a problem that manifests itself on the macro level of groups (i.e. a sociological level), it does not say anything about specific individuals.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet Reinin's going to come up with a correlation between sugar-intake and socionics type next.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    BS, I drink about 8 cups of coffee a day with 3 cubes of sugar each, and I have no problems at all. Sugar is more of a problem that manifests itself on the macro level of groups (i.e. a sociological level), it does not say anything about specific individuals.
    the cubes of sugar you put in coffee are a much smaller quantity than found in soft drinks, cereal products and the like. that's been the take-away message for me: if those soft drinks aren't even going to harm you all that much, a little extra sugar in coffee won't even scratch the surface of your resistances.

a picture i found thru a quick and lazy google search: http://reachingutopia.com/wp-content...ar-in-food.jpg

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Dr. Lustig, that's funny
    At least he isn't Dr. Giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    the cubes of sugar you put in coffee are a much smaller quantity than found in soft drinks, cereal products and the like. that's been the take-away message for me: if those soft drinks aren't even going to harm you all that much, a little extra sugar in coffee won't even scratch the surface of your resistances.
    There is no sugar in diet drinks, for example. Only sweetener and it is worse than sugar, when it comes to psychological effect it has on your brain, of course. It leaves you craving more, which doesn't really help losing weight.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I probably used to have 10% of my daily calorie intake from sugar added to hot drinks (now I just have it on occasions when I have coffee)

there was a BBC Horizon show (or maybe something else) a months ago that showed that when people were offered three unlabelled types of doughnut (a fatty one, a sugary one, and a half and half), people went for the half -and-half...basically, the TV said that sugar and fat are both the issue, because we crave them so much.

The use of high fructose corn syrup is particularly evil...hopefully that will be fazed out of foods and not replaced with something essentially as bad. One thing to try to avoid is tinned fruit coated in such syrup...washing the fruit won't do. A bit of a shame if you like pineapple!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wut about my gummy vitamins?!?!?!?!?

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol obese nutrition expert talks about obesity caused by sugar - the perpetual primal/paleo skit!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    ...the perpetual primal/paleo skit!
    there is no need to go on a specialized diet to consume less sweets and sugar. not buying candy, sweetened drinks and avoiding corn syrup additives will do the trick.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post
    there is no need to go on a specialized diet to consume less sweets and sugar. not buying candy, sweetened drinks and avoiding corn syrup additives will do the trick.
    it's not the sugar- it's the fat with the sugar we consume everyday that's making us obese!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post
    That's too stringent. I should have listened to an IEE while I was growing up and started drinking sweeter drinks instead of drinking water and then eating sugar! I would have been much better off...

My LII mother's hidden agenda is "to be healthy" so I grew up drinking water while at the same time intensely craving sweets, and obviously, my SEI father with Si ego never Ti "understood" why.

Time to throw the LII into the backseat!

LII < SLE < ESI < IEE

LII < IEI < ESI < SLI

Hayley Williams IEE

(Now I know for sure that my EII cousin's husband is ESE! My EII cousin knows this too and would occasionally buy candy for her children despite the ESE being a health nut. Time to update that derail thread and add her husband as ESE...)

Time to throw the ESE into the backseat!

EII/SLI activation

ESE < IEI < LIE < SLI
    Last edited by IBTL; 12-06-2014 at 12:42 AM. Reason: my brain hurts now

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall, this is correct with watered-down juice being preferable to juice bans or overly stringent restrictions on watery juice. If you like carbonation, juice diluted with sparkling water is good too; in Germany, it's called apfelschorle.