Thread: ENFp Mythbusting Thread

Creepy-male

Default ENFp Mythbusting Thread

Well, my last thread was a bit of a fail, so I'm going to cut my losses and say that I might revisit it and try to mine it for "misconceptions about ENFps".

Yeah, 'sif that'll ever happen.

So, here's the dealio: we're going to have a little chat about what you think makes and breaks an ENFp typing. Fellow ENFps, don't be afraid! Try and look at it from "It looks that way, but to us, what's going on is...", perhaps.

And try to keep the logical arguments toned down, or you'll scare us all away. Worse still, you could drag our duals into the fray

If you need a jump start, here's two categories for you to fill:

An ENFp can't be...

An ENFp is often...

(Later thought: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...s_in_socionics <- I guess I'm trying to counteract this, especially the last few headings).

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFps are so open and candid, I doubt that there will many misunderstandings...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Creepy-male

Amen

But there is a lot of superfluous crap that gets lumped in with any typing, and we, being logic-deficient, and conflict-averse often end up not challenging that.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Amen

But there is a lot of superfluous crap that gets lumped in with any typing, and we, being logic-deficient, and conflict-averse often end up not challenging that.
    Well, that's exactly the purpose of Fi: to withdraw yourself from people that annoy you in some way. Challenge is not the ENFp thing. It can be done for a while, but it wears you out.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"An ENFp can't be"

I'd say an ENFp could be anything depending on the situation -- or at least we could pretend to be anything and pull it off. I've prob acted like all 16 types at various points...

But in general, we dislike systems. We prefer loose categories that are usually true, but depend on the situation at hand. So...my INFp friends might say "he's from Harvard and is very intelligent." (system here is "harvard grads are smart.") I would say "Yes, people from Harvard do tend to be intelligent, but I wonder if he's an idiot who slipped through the cracks?" That doubt is always here, so we don't rely on systems as much as generalities and case-by-case situations.

For instance, I'd rather talk about "how are ENFps in x situation" vs. "how are ENFps never?" I don't like to exclude info, which is why I dislike a lot of structured systems.

So, ENFps don't like to use a systematic rule most of the time. We like "to know" big picture generalities that apply most of the time, but are more dependent on the current situation. We like Te, not Ni or Ti.

Also, ENFps almost never influence using Fe. I would say, "I really appreciate your help. Thank you." But I wouldn't say "Hey fabulous you are the bestest friend everr! love you!!" the way an ENFj would. I want people to know the info, but I leave the emotion out so they can form their opinion w/o my influence. That's not to say I'm not warm/charming, enthusiastic but it's still detached enough to not make others feel like they have to respond in a certain way.

Well, my last thread was a bit of a fail, so I'm going to cut my losses and say that I might revisit it and try to mine it for "misconceptions about ENFps".

Yeah, 'sif that'll ever happen.

So, here's the dealio: we're going to have a little chat about what you think makes and breaks an ENFp typing. Fellow ENFps, don't be afraid! Try and look at it from "It looks that way, but to us, what's going on is...", perhaps.

And try to keep the logical arguments toned down, or you'll scare us all away. Worse still, you could drag our duals into the fray

If you need a jump start, here's two categories for you to fill:

An ENFp can't be...

An ENFp is often...

(Later thought: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...s_in_socionics <- I guess I'm trying to counteract this, especially the last few headings).
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Well, that's exactly the purpose of Fi: to withdraw yourself from people that annoy you in some way. Challenge is not the ENFp thing. It can be done for a while, but it wears you out.
    Naturally, but we all have to do unpleasant things from time to time

If it's any consolation, I'm an ENFp under Keirsey /shrug

And jewels, great stuff... but I was thinking more along the lines of other people listing what they think an IEE can and should not be, as well as other "random tidbits", and "we" ENFps (I will never know my type (damn you, 6 wing!)) could explain what's going on in our heads w.r.t. the presented situations/observations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    "An ENFp can't be"

Also, ENFps almost never influence using Fe. I would say, "I really appreciate your help. Thank you." But I wouldn't say "Hey fabulous you are the bestest friend everr! love you!!" the way an ENFj would. I want people to know the info, but I leave the emotion out so they can form their opinion w/o my influence. That's not to say I'm not warm/charming, enthusiastic but it's still detached enough to not make others feel like they have to respond in a certain way.
    Kill me now, "Hey fabulous you are the bestest friend everr! love you!!" the way an ENFj would.
    That's what I would say ;/. Maybe not exactly but I'd use Fe.
    So, I dunno... my thread about ENFps using Fe is still open . I do use it a lot I quess.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's any consolation, I'm an ENFp under Keirsey /shrug
    I'm very familiar with Keirsey, and I think his ENFP has too much ENFJ qualities to be similar to IEE (apart fom a lot of Forer effect bs in his type descriptions). I also think his test is not a very good one.

But I do not need consolation, as I'm already convinced by your posts that you're leading Ne. Now whether you are creative Ti or Fi, I have not decided yet, but my gut inclination is that you are a refreshingly pleasant and authentically curious ILE (if that's any consolation). Another forum member told me he sees you as a 'shoot in the dark' type, but he agreed with me that 'shoot in the dark' is a perfectly valid way of collecting knowledge

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    "Hey fabulous you are the bestest friend everr! love you!!"
    If I would ever ever say that to someone I know they would 100% think I'm joking or making fun of someone/something. I just cant imagine even in a hypothetical scenario me saying something like this. Id say its also one of the things I can't imagine anyone in my circle of friends doing. This does not mean I would not say a compliment to a friend but I would do it in a manner I would find more sincere and less excessive (not to say someone doing it is not sincere just for me it would be).
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I wouldn't use precisely these words. But when I thank sb for sth I know that they need to feel appreciated, especially men. So I would probably say sth "Oh, you see how great you are! That's so nice, thank you so much! " I would try to show that I appreciate sth to make that person happy.

Creepy-male

I'm very familiar with Keirsey, and I think his ENFP has too much ENFJ qualities to be similar to IEE (apart fom a lot of Forer effect bs in his type descriptions). I also think his test is not a very good one.
    Actually, I mentioned that as a convenient smokescreen for diverting your attentions away from my real intentions! Hoho!

But seriously, there are none. Let's not turn this into another discussion about my type (The point is, I want an SLI! You can't stop me!)

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    Ok, I wouldn't use precisely these words. But when I thank sb for sth I know that they need to feel appreciated, especially men. So I would probably say sth "Oh, you see how great you are! That's so nice, thank you so much!" I would try to show that I appreciate sth to make that person happy.
    Angs-Fiety?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I mentioned that as a convenient smokescreen for diverting your attentions away from my real intentions! Hoho!

But seriously, there are none. Let's not turn this into another discussion about my type (The point is, I want an SLI! You can't stop me!)
    Point proven, thank you!

Creepy-male

I don't want to be a SEI though

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to be a SEI though
    did someone say you were?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Creepy-male

It's SEI or IEE. I believe you are attempting to say that I am not an IEE.

Therefore, potatoes are green.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's SEI or IEE. I believe you are attempting to say that I am not an IEE.

Therefore, potatoes are green.
    No, you should read more carefully: I'm undecided yet, but my inclination was towards ILE. As for SEI: so far you have shown yourself too much of an original thinker to be SEI, but then again, who knows what we'll learn about you in the future.

BTW, potatoes can indeed be green (or greenish).

Creepy-male

No, you should read more carefully: I'm undecided yet, but my inclination was towards ILE. As for SEI: so far you have shown yourself too much of an original thinker to be SEI, but then again, who knows what we'll learn about you in the future.
    I was actually confused about this:

Point proven, thank you!
    LALALALALA Ti IS INFALLIBLE LALALALALA

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually confused about this:
    well, think about it.

Creepy-male

Challenge is not the ENFp thing. It can be done for a while, but it wears you out.
    This?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This?
    No, I was referring to your 'behavior'. Imho, you were acting in ways that non-IEE, but that by itself does not prove much about your type.

Creepy-male

Then that could be directly relevant to this thread

How was my non-IEEness manifesting itself?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angs-Fiety?
    What does it mean?

Creepy-male

Worrying that they won't see your appreciation without some sort of outward display. Not everyone is a fantastic Delta.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, probably . I don't like getting presents because I always feel that people look at my reaction and I do not want them to worry. I'm also afraid that they would see that I don't like the gift or something . Anyway, it's different I know somebody well.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then that could be directly relevant to this thread

How was my non-IEEness manifesting itself?
    how do I put it? in that alpha style odd behavior, sort of the monthy-python thing. Ridiculizing things in that splendid way only alphas are capable of.

But you could also be simply hypomanic or something. I believe they have drugs for that ;-)

Creepy-male

Well, I am a bit more unstable than EP temperament would predict.

But then we get into tangled messes like "cyclothmic ESE" or "really maladpted SLE".

IEE's Model A just works (and the domain is like reading about myself too, mind).

So, in other words, hold me tight give yourself some credit, CA

(And don't believe in yourself! Believe in me who believes in you!)

Back to reality, I think that's another entry...

"IEEs cannot be surreal."
    "Not so. Drawing parallels is the natural domain of Ne, whether that be used for good... or evil."

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ENFps appear to be too indecisive. Believing in the best of humanity and that people can solve their own problems generally requires that the psychologist be fluid in that sense. Ie the demon can be an angel and the angel a demon.' IMO Betas are more naturally integrated in the sense that we kind of are more readily aware that people are BOTH the angel and demon all at once, at all times naturally. (Ne possibilities versus Ni intuition)

ENFps and deltas don't seem to have this sort of natural, base understanding. So they over idealize and compartmentalize too much (God I love those two words 'ideal' and 'compartmentalize') They don't seem to get how there's bad in good and good in bad. They may say they do and have a psychological awareness of this being true, but I'm not sure they genuinely *feel* and experience this moral ambiguity. In an effort to rid the world of hatred, bigotry, and misunderstandings,... and lack of true growth, they might have a tendency to 'throw the baby out with the bathwater.' And confuse people in a misty wells of maybe-maybes and so-sos.

Their dual of course helps them take more solid actions and opinions about people.

Potatoes that are exposed to light or very hot or cold temperatures when growing, become green and poisonous.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good shit, but too bad Socionics is already bunk.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Good shit, but too bad Socionics is already bunk.
    y you here then? socionics is fun!
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulanzon, come back to Alpha.

We have shiny things, cookies, science, passion, and free speech.

*edit: Oh and Boxxy <3
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

You and Boxxy are precisely the reasons I'm avoiding Alpha right now

j/k, <3 AA. But I'm not coming back while Boxxy is around. The stink of Fe is just too strong for my inner 4w5.

EDIT

And anyway, Delta is cooler. We have SLIs, sarcasm, hippy idealism and boring BBQs!

SLIs :redface:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulanzon, you remind me of ISFp friends I've had. Not to say that's what you are, but you may want to consider it.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive said the same, Ne ENTp (Ne mode Fe agenda) or Fe ISFp (Fe mode Ne agenda).
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Ive said the same, Ne ENTp (Ne mode Fe agenda) or Fe ISFp (Fe mode Ne agenda).
    Enough with socionix's model.

Seriously, stop it.

I'm Ne type, from the Nu quadra. Enough said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    y you here then? socionics is fun!
    It is fun, but you can't take Socionics too seriously.

And I am here... because I got tired of MBTI, and also because I am bored.

Creepy-Diana