Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Does anyone know what palette Macs Ruby Woo lipstick fits in?

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Does anyone know what palette Macs Ruby Woo lipstick fits in?
    The makeup artist at MAC told me MAC Ruby Woo is the red for me, but it doesn't really work. As a soft summer this is one of the reds that looks better (relatively) on me while not being right. Sometimes I mix it with MAC Faux which works a lot better but doesn't really give the "red" look that I sometimes want.

This link doesn't list that particular lipstick but it has a list of others that you may find helpful. The lipstick part starts about 1/4 way down the page.

Edit: I just saw MAC Ruby Woo listed somewhere as a Bright/Clear Winter.... which would make sense since that's the other color palette that I seem to be drawn to.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm a spoon..

But there's really no spoon. It's all in our imaginations. There's no spoon guys

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Geez I'm not a real girl i cannot relate (/_/

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last night I had a dream about getting a color analysis done. The result was cool summer

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default RiRi in Summer is the best

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Anybody else would look ridiculous in this color

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Winter

Autumn

So gorgeous

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also I've been trying to figure out Ariana Grande's season, but encountered a whole lot of problems searching and searching and searching for a good color in her outfits. Except her on-point hair recently she hardly seems to wear her palette, the only ones I found that match her just beautifully are these:

(not the fan, too cool, but the rest of the image)

^also the background attire would look good

^lip too cool, black distracts

Hair color is off though^

^someone edited it to teal, works as well

^makeup also matches, hair as well

^lip is perfect, though the picture is highly edited

^she blends completely except for the black

A warm season, not a lot of contrast. Most colors with high chroma steal her spotlight, so it's gotta be muted. Soft Autumn is my guess

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Chae Ariana Grande's natural skin color is never seen (she always has a spray tan) so she's going to be difficult to figure out.

http://www.celebplasticsurgeryonline...surgery-01.jpg

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    @Chae Ariana Grande's natural skin color is never seen (she always has a spray tan) so she's going to be difficult to figure out.

http://www.celebplasticsurgeryonline...surgery-01.jpg
    It's a good point! Been wondering about that as well, esp. since the hair went through a stark transformation, too She could get much darker and contrasting. Hm. Then she needs two seasons, one for her natural state, one for the made-up Ariana. She's a 3, second identity alert Now really, the original childhood pictures could still be autumn (slight chance of spring), very cute in this yellow:

Or here:

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    It's a good point! Been wondering about that as well, esp. since the hair went through a stark transformation, too She could get much darker and contrasting. Hm. Then she needs two seasons, one for her natural state, one for the made-up Ariana. She's a 3, second identity alert Now really, the original childhood pictures could still be autumn (slight chance of spring), very cute in this yellow:

Or here:

She can't do black at all, nor burgundy or plums, it's way too off for her to be Dark, but Soft is weak. But I never forget this, the best she's ever looked imo:

Also this:

So I think she's True Autumn.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread and the sight of these random color palettes overwhelms me.

I want to "get it", and understand the colors and palettes and know what suits me, but I just don't at all.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire I saw these, too, but the editing was different. The gold was in a brighter yellow and I thought hm that's not it, but now the one you posted is just right, I agree. Cosmo interview color is also gorgeous. The last red gown, isn't it too intense? I saw the dress first, not her.

@applejacks Maybe a good explanatory blog that trains the eye is this one: https://www.truth-is-beauty.com/color-analysis.html PWF has also posted pretty good resources at the beginning of this thread, check these out.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire I saw these, too, but the editing was different. The gold was in a brighter yellow and I thought hm that's not it, but now the one you posted is just right, I agree. Cosmo interview color is also gorgeous. The last red gown, isn't it too intense? I saw the dress first, not her.
    Seemed just right to me, though the hair color and the eyebrow situation make the whole thing a bit jarring Then again, I agree that it's extremely hard to evaluate a person who alters her natural colors so much. She's always messing with her skin, facial hair and her makeup is so powdery usually too...

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    Seemed just right to me, though the hair color and the eyebrow situation make the whole thing a bit jarring Then again, I agree that it's extremely hard to evaluate a person who alters her natural colors so much. She's always messing with her skin, facial hair and her makeup is so powdery usually too...
    True about the hair in particular. Yes, probably why finding good pictures was so challenging to begin with. Same applies to Lady Gaga, I've seen her typed as a Summer but who really knows It's worse than determining the season of a drag queen

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True about the hair in particular. Yes, probably why finding good pictures was so challenging to begin with. Same applies to Lady Gaga, I've seen her typed as a Summer but who really knows It's worse than determining the season of a drag queen
    I don't know, Gaga seems a pretty straightforward Bright Spring to me But generally I'd say you're not exaggerating at all with the drag reference, celebrities usually leave their natural color potential unused in exchange for becoming walking billboards for every new fad. Every week there's a new abhorrent trend born on Instagram or forums, my eyes are hurting and don't get me started on Etude's "personal color analysis" now offered at their stores

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae is it sad that I don't see the differences between cool and warm? I don't really know what I'm looking at. Shouldn't the background color always be white or black so we can see what we're supposed to be focused on?
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae - this was two weeks ago. The first picture is natural lighting in a nail salon, the other is in my bathroom. How am I supposed to know my colors and palettes? I would like to learn, but it's just all confusing. Doesn't lighting make a huge difference?

EDIT: am I Autumn? I normally wear bright colors- pink and teal what not, though. Maybe that's why I'm never looking very polished. Haha! I also tried contouring in these photos. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it looks like my cheeks are bruised. I feel so hopeless in these things.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    @Chae is it sad that I don't see the differences between cool and warm? I don't really know what I'm looking at. Shouldn't the background color always be white or black so we can see what we're supposed to be focused on?
    Hm, yes and no. It's good to have colors in comparison as you already said, that's the crucial point. It's not sad, just a matter of experience I'm also still learning, color theory has a plethora of components like socionics. What definitely helps for seeing a warm or cool color (they aren't all clear-cut, it's a spectrum after all) is imagining/checking its opposite in the color wheel.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@applejacks Yeah lighting is best outside yet not in full sunlight, that way you get no distortion as in the second picture. I'm guessing from the material you are more of a Spring or Autumn indeed, needs further analysis. Do you think you wear a red tint (for Spring) better versus a rust shade or

...rich burgundy (for Autumn):

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae - I don't know... I've done both.

But I've also liked myself in bright teals.

I dont get it.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@applejacks What you like differs from what works best with your complexion, try to compare both at once in the proper lighting. The effect is quickly visible when changing the colors held to your face, back and forth, back and forth. Look what makes you more alive, what emphasizes dark spots on the other hand, what doesn't look layered onto you but fits right into the entirety. Then, even in the wrong lighting, it'll come out good like in the photograph above, this color works for you though you might be able to go brighter.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Your body shape is: Pear"

I like 3 and might wear 2, but the others don't have a chance.

My colors are similar to Millie-Bobby Brown's. Maybe I'm a dark autumn.

I don't know how to tell face type.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Director Abbie I got the feeling 2 would match as well. Super cute Autumn is not a bad bet.

Maybe long mixed with square?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I don't know how to tell face type.
    Oblong maybe? You would have to measure. .Edit: You could be oval.

• Fit your facial measurements to a face type. Every person's face is different (unless you're an identical twin!) However, the vast majority of faces fit into one (or more) of several categories. These facial categories are: Oblong, Heart, Square, Oval, Round, Triangular, and Diamond.[1] Keep your measurements handy and continue reading to determine which category (or categories) you fit into!
      • Oblong faces (sometimes called "rectangular"[2]) are longer than they are wide. They also have fairly similar measurements in terms of cheek, forehead, and jawline.

• Heart faces are defined by the upside-down triangle shape of their face, which results from having a relatively pointy chin and medium-to-wide forehead and cheek measurements. These faces are generally just a little longer than they are wide at the cheeks (about an inch and a half or less.)

• Square faces are about as long as they are wide - their cheek and length measurements are within about an inch or two of each other. In addition, the cheek, forehead, and jaw measurements for square faces should be similar - the edges of a square face should be almost straight up and down. A square face's jaw should have clear, sharp angles at its widest corners.

• Oval faces are similar, proportionally, to an upside-down egg. They are longer than they are wide, with a forehead that is slightly wider than the jawline and a gently rounded chin.

• Round faces, like square faces, are about as wide as they are long. However, they have a relatively small forehead and a small, curved jawline. If your "cheek" and "length" measurements are within an inch or so of each other, your forehead measurement is smaller than your cheek measurement, and your jawline lacks the sharp angles present on square faces, you have a round face.

• Triangular faces are the opposite of heart-shaped faces - they're widest at the bottom and skinniest at the top. Triangular faces have long, wide and square jawlines and relatively narrow foreheads.

• Diamond faces are widest at the cheekbones, with a tapering forehead and a skinny, pointed chin. They are somewhat longer than they are wide. If your cheek measurement is larger than your forehead and jaw measurements and your chin is relatively pointed, your face has diamond-shaped properties.

https://www.wikihow.com/Determine-Your-Face-Shape

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aylen @Director Abbie yes longer than wide + strong jawline, relatively even in proportion overall. For the Kibbe types: There are a lot of Dramatic features.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Attachment 12122

Good to know that my measurements overcome the abilities of fashionistas.
    Last edited by Hope; 12-28-2017 at 12:36 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Sabin Tambrea - Dramatic Body Type

A lot of Christmas tales are airing on German television recently, and among the characters I spotted a male representative for Kibbe's Dramatic body type. The actor is called Sabin Tambrea.

Look at that guy. He has so many angular yang features in both face and body, it's unreal.

He has sharper lines than the king of male Dramatics, Benedict Cumberbatch You could draw him using a ruler entirely, from the ears to the jaw to the cheekbones to the forehead and so on. The height matches up, too, it's the feature that strikes the eye the most at first glance. He's super lanky at 6''4!

To me he's also proof that yang does not mean looking "manly" (imo Naturals are wayyy more masculine), it's simply about the construction of lines. Albeit imposing, he appears like the most delicate elf.

Though he does bring the actual drama, too:

Smiling ruins () the sculpted face of any pure Dramatic because it messes with the strict geometry.
    Can you imagine that, being more drop-dead gorgeous when not smiling? Dramatic magic. Compare with the picture below:

Thankfully, they always dress him in the lines he needs.

About color: He always rightfully appears in the cool seasons (mostly Winter, great) which looks super good as well

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For EXO I tried guessing their Kibbe types, may be slightly off. I think all 5 main categories are present:

D.O. - R or some G
    Suho - R
    Xiumin - SG
    Luhan - G
    Lay - C
    Baekhyun - C or G
    Kai - N
    Chen - N
    Chanyeol - FN
    Tao - SD or DC
    Sehun - D
    Kris - D
    Last edited by Chae; 02-25-2018 at 07:43 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Anyone wanna take a guess at Kat Dennings palette? Or the one she often wears, anyway. I like it.

Attachment 12241
    Last edited by maniac; 12-27-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Anyone wanna take a guess at Kat Dennings palette? Or the one she often wears, anyway. I like it.
    My guess is winter 'cuz she's doing the whole Snow White thing. The red dress is a little too much on the orange side of things tho.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes. Kat erroneously aims at Clear Winter 90% of the time and they mismatch the lipstick. I prefer the styling like this, it's no coincidence her outfit went viral back then. It can't be the shape because her Kibbe type is Romantic which does best without the sharp lines. In this case the color just blends in effortlessly:

It's not true white, there's yellow added. The warm curtain in the bg also matches.

Cool clear lip color, black + cool white eye style, not working as it makes her appear dead:

Going darker - also not working, it shouldn't look like it's painted on:

Cool is not for her, only the soft lip is good while she appears unusually yellow:

Much better esp in the lower half of the face, peachy blush is amazing:

The black here is too heavy and dulls her shine, but the beige top helps. If you remove the blazer it's perfect.

This red is much better, lip is too intense, less extreme makeup colors look better:

So we have: warm colors are better, dark & cool is not made for Kat. Too much contrast goes against her subtle coloring. That leaves Light Spring, Soft Autumn.
    Last edited by Chae; 02-25-2018 at 07:44 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I actually really liked her in this but I guess its autumn?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    I actually really liked her in this but I guess its autumn?
    It's light rust from the Warm Spring palette, you can tell by how saturated it is. Autumn is more muted, like the parts of her jewelry. If you compare the bracelet to her skin it is off while the dress complements her paleness because of its high chroma
    Last edited by Chae; 12-28-2017 at 08:51 PM.

TIM
    749 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously a dream come true to find this topic here. Ill have to discuss much later

I'm a soft dramatic with a winter palate. Which winter I dont know. I absolutely love wearing black with accent colors. Black always looks best with me, but I do doubly well with navy and low chroma red. I do well with low saturated, texturized fabric. Velvet, silk, satin.. Personally, Kim Novak's look in Bell Book and Candle is something I wish to embody but not every day. Edwardian, 30s, 40s, and the 70s looks are to die for on me. With weight on, I'm more a Theatrical Romantic, as even though bone structure is very strong I get a very... gamine looking in the face. But that's because I'm diamond face, so it feels a bit complicated.
    Last edited by VOGUE PARIS; 12-29-2017 at 09:08 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VOGUE PARIS View Post
    Seriously a dream come true to find this topic here. Ill have to discuss much later

I'm a soft dramatic with a winter palate. Which winter I dont know. I absolutely love wearing black with accent colors. Black always looks best with me, but I do doubly well with navy and low chroma red. I do well with low saturated, texturized fabric. Velvet, silk, satin.. Personally, Kim Novak's look in Bell Book and Candle is something I wish to embody but not every day. Edwardian, 30s, 40s, and the 70s looks are to die for on me. With weight on, I'm more a Theatrical Romantic, as even though bone structure is very strong I get a very... gamine looking in the face. But that's because I'm diamond face, so it feels a bit complicated.
    Sweet! Hello Thanks for joining the thread.

Hooray, another Dramatic!!? Maybe True Winter as the season? Though low chroma can point to Autumn as well, DA if you can wear black.

Dramatic usually gains weight in the hip area, Soft Dramatic in the thighs + upper arms as well. It's the Romantics, Naturals and Gamines that get wider in the facial area in particular. The reason is that they keep the proportions, the head is a bit larger in relation to the body. That's why especially R and G they are described as youthful. Dramatic on the other hand has a vertical line throughout and a smaller head, that's why their height and maturity stands out first in almost an intimidating or regal way. I'm a D type as well, the first impression that people tell me is how scarily tall and lean I appear. As the description says, I become more pear-shaped when gaining weight, limbs and rather long face stay without much muscle or fat as usual. I think theatrical Romantic could be a good shot for you then, although you have rather Yang features as I saw in the official member thread. Consider maybe Flamboyant Natural or Flamboyant Gamine as well, though I'm guessing you have your other features figured out anyway

TIM
    749 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hooray, another Dramatic!!? Maybe True Winter as the season? Though low chroma can point to Autumn as well, DA if you can wear black.

Dramatic usually gains weight in the hip area, Soft Dramatic in the thighs + upper arms as well. It's the Romantics, Naturals and Gamines that get wider in the facial area in particular. The reason is that they keep the proportions, the head is a bit larger in relation to the body. That's why especially R and G they are described as youthful. Dramatic on the other hand has a vertical line throughout and a smaller head, that's why their height and maturity stands out first in almost an intimidating or regal way. I'm a D type as well, the first impression that people tell me is how scarily tall and lean I appear. As the description says, I become more pear-shaped when gaining weight, limbs and rather long face stay without much muscle or fat as usual. I think theatrical Romantic could be a good shot for you then, although you have rather Yang features as I saw in the official member thread. Consider maybe Flamboyant Natural or Flamboyant Gamine as well, though I'm guessing you have your other features figured out anyway
    Well, my hair was brown in that picture but I have natural black hair but I truly wish I was a dark autumn somethings cause they are absolutely beautiful, when I go brown I always end up lighting my eyebrows and thats such a hassle, my best makeup moments is with a darkened eyebrow and then do my eyeliner. I think Ill post some pictures. Here goes:

//deleted//

To be continued.
    Last edited by VOGUE PARIS; 01-05-2018 at 10:45 PM.

I have performed the necessary butchery. Here is the bleeding corpse.

HENRY JAMES, AFTER A REQUEST BY THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT TO CUT THREE LINES FROM A 5,000 WORD ARTICLE

EIE-Ni 479 sp/sx Gentle Spirit

TIM
    749 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I gain weight my cheeks get a little more rounded out, but I still seem very angular. Also what is gained is my thighs and upper arms, not so much hips but definitely ass. Im a mesomorph, so I'm mostly muscle, and pretty solid, so my proportions keep even when I gain weight. I will admit if dramatic is all about blazers and what not, I was more a leather jacket wearer, with motoboots, and usually a bow to tie my hair in a ponytail. But that's probably more natural than it is dramatic, isn't it? I don't particularly like the business woman look. I love glamour, vintage glamour and my body favors it. So I always assumed that was a theatrical trait.

---

And for shits and giggles, here's me with Dita. As one of my past photoshoot had shown, anything Dita would wear ... I can pull off. The same goes with Lana Del Rey, her glamour is very natural, than in jewelry. Dita wears a lot of texturized heavy fabrics. Satin looks sort of silly on me? I'm best with texturized than with shiny and smooth, so what I do is pair it up with a rougher look, angles or texture. The same goes with jewelry, I rather be polished in a more muted way with hair and clothes pressed and smelling sweet, than a shimmery way.

Last edited by VOGUE PARIS; 01-05-2018 at 10:43 PM.

I have performed the necessary butchery. Here is the bleeding corpse.

HENRY JAMES, AFTER A REQUEST BY THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT TO CUT THREE LINES FROM A 5,000 WORD ARTICLE

EIE-Ni 479 sp/sx Gentle Spirit

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast