TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post

ILI
    I don't "hang out". Always a new thing to learn, a new insight to gain, a slashdot post to read, a thing to do.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Creepy-male

Yes, but where can you be found?

What are ILI haunts?

Don't say the internet.

What's your credit card number?

I already know your type.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are ILI haunts?

Don't say the internet.

I already know your type.
    That's probably the best answer, actually. All of the ILIs I know either stalk the internets or go wherever their Se partners and friends drag them. That or they pick up some kind of ecclectic pastime like Swing dancing.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE - my room, university, on the roads cycling, near the lake sunbathing (when the weather is okay), clubs at night (varies a lot, sometimes I go 2-3 times a week, sometimes I don't go for 4 months), supermarket, bus, metro, my friends' or girlfriends' room
    Last edited by FDG; 03-12-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I basically live at the gym these days. If not there, my bed. Isn't that exciting.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are ILI haunts?
    ILI haunts are university math/physics/computer science departments, possibly other departments as well, like linguistics, history, archeology &c.

Libraries also still function as ILI magnets, especially large university libraries.

So, in order to get to know ILIs, you should frequent the halls of the local college math department, or even better, work there.

Young ILIs may be found in computer user's groups, like the various LUGs (Linux User Groups) out there. (Search on the net for one close to you.) Or other places where computer hackers/gamers/Linux ethusiasts gather.

I'm not a typical ILI. I can't be "found" at all, sadly. For various reasons.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can usually be found by a computer. The library has been a good place to look for me in the past, mainly because of the computers but not only. Let's see... Chess club. I attend chess club regularly, and I'd expect that to be common among LIIs. In fact, any game that involves manipulating logical rules to reach a desired outcome would be appealing to us. (May be subtype-related)

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I can usually be found by a computer. The library has been a good place to look for me in the past, mainly because of the computers but not only. Let's see... Chess club. I attend chess club regularly, and I'd expect that to be common among LIIs. In fact, any game that involves manipulating logical rules to reach a desired outcome would be appealing to us. (May be subtype-related)
    Strategy Board Games gatherings of any kind. That's where you can find me as long as I don't have other plans that are interfering.

That, along with pretty much anywhere. I like hanging out in general.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

In fact, any game that involves manipulating logical rules to reach a desired outcome would be appealing to us. (May be subtype-related)
    Possibly not so. I know two IEEs who are both vastly superior to me at chess (which I've always been weak at).

I can beat them at a game of Chinese checkers any day, though!

Want a game?

Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI? Hmm...

Pretty much any place but my room. Not because I don't like to hang out in my own room, I would, but my roommate is really awkward and the place is just too uncomfortable.

Chances are, if my room didn't suck so hard, you would either find me in there or where my friends dragged me. Right now, I just bounce around until I find something to do.
    Meh.

Creepy-Cyclops

My friend (ILI), has put on weight recently, so he tends to hang out around the waist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    My friend (ILI), has put on weight recently, so he tends to hang out around the waist.
    ah poor guy you should personal train him!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread sort of makes me sad. My two good friends I hang out with (or hung out with) both work till about 2-3 am, so our work schedules sort of collide. Basically, I just work and come home. Sometimes I'm at the library and I'm about to start biking again since the weather's picking up, but that's about it. Oh, and I tend to hit up the movie theater a lot.

It's funny, but it's only now that I have no evenings after going full time that I suddenly realize how hard it is to find time to talk/hang out with anyone.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Oh, and I tend to hit up the movie theater a lot.
    So do I...I find it's really relaxing to go alone on weekdays when it's just you and a few other people in the entire theater. It is for me, at least.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of my nights when I don't have to work I'm out listening to live music and/or shooting pool somewhere... occasionally I'll go to hockey, basketball, or football games too. During the day, if I'm not at home, I'll go hiking, walking around the city, or drive somewhere to take pictures of something. Other than that, I'm usually asked to go somewhere by friends quite a bit.
    So, where do I hang out... usually everywhere but home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and I hang out at random places.

lately...

*walking down the street
    *my apmt (pretty often)
    *laid back coffee shops
    *soccer field
    *party at friend's apmt
    *(until recently...) hang at ex's apmt
    *gym
    *every coffee shop close by
    *I forget things often -- shopping areas/grocery or drug stores
    *restaurants -- tapas place, indian food place, italian place, thai place, noodle places, korean place, diner w/ breakfast foods, and all of those silly "fusion" places that combine everything together
    *bars -- nicer clubs/lounges, dives (both smelly and overpriced versions), ambiance type places, bars w/ cool lighting where bands play
    *brunch places
    *movies
    *the apple store
    *big bookstores that have coffee there
    *parks
    *events/networking events/places where my friends know people and want someone to go w/ them
    *girl friend get togethers w/ cookies and tea or whatever (either out or at one of their apmts)
    *first dates

there is the official guide to stalking me. Feel free to pass this list around to any ISTps you may know...

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    and I hang out at random places.

lately...

*walking down the street
    *my apmt (pretty often)
    *laid back coffee shops
    *soccer field
    *party at friend's apmt
    *(until recently...) hang at ex's apmt
    *gym
    *every coffee shop close by
    *I forget things often -- shopping areas/grocery or drug stores
    *restaurants -- tapas place, indian food place, italian place, thai place, noodle places, korean place, diner w/ breakfast foods, and all of those silly "fusion" places that combine everything together
    *bars -- nicer clubs/lounges, dives (both smelly and overpriced versions), ambiance type places, bars w/ cool lighting where bands play
    *brunch places
    *movies
    *the apple store
    *big bookstores that have coffee there
    *parks
    *events/networking events/places where my friends know people and want someone to go w/ them
    *girl friend get togethers w/ cookies and tea or whatever (either out or at one of their apmts)
    *first dates

there is the official guide to stalking me. Feel free to pass this list around to any ISTps you may know...
    Thank you.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    So do I...I find it's really relaxing to go alone on weekdays when it's just you and a few other people in the entire theater. It is for me, at least.
    Haha, yeah. It kind of bugs me to go alone tbh, but I've gone a couple times by myself when I've been playing hooky. I don't know why I feel so much more comfortable if someone else is there with me. It's just a lot better.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, yeah. It kind of bugs me to go alone tbh, but I've gone a couple times by myself when I've been playing hooky. I don't know why I feel so much more comfortable if someone else is there with me. It's just a lot better.
    It was really uncomfortable for me at first too but then I figured, who really notices and better yet...who really cares that you're alone? Dunno, I think I'm able to get more into the movie when I'm alone. But I could never do it on a weekend when it's busy.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hang out:

Behind my computer (not surprising so far...)
    Behind the tv (again...)
    Behind books (oke this gets predictable)
    In the gym (!)
    At the disco/pub (!)
    At the cinema, pretty often.

That's about it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Strategy Board Games gatherings of any kind. That's where you can find me as long as I don't have other plans that are interfering.
    Not just board games - I'm rather fond of Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic: The Gathering.

Possibly not so. I know two IEEs who are both vastly superior to me at chess (which I've always been weak at).
    Since I'm the less logical subtype of LII, this doesn't conflict with what I said.

I can beat them at a game of Chinese checkers any day, though!

Want a game?
    Certainly! Hmm, I haven't put much thought into Chinese checkers strategy... this isn't going to be easy.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

Strategy shmategy. Just tap that delicious Ne, add me on Facebook, enable the app and let's go!

EDIT

Timmy, Johnny, or Spike?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just like sharing the whole movie experience with someone and when the movie is over I like to blah blah blah about it. It's just nice when something funny happens in the movie or w/e and you can look over to your friends and laugh with them.

though I don't actually do either of those things, I was actually thinking I should have broadened strategy games to include more things. There are plenty of other kinds of strategy games I like to play. Munchkin, Bridge, card games in general....
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Generally, anywhere I've been before. The more often I've been there in the past, the more likely I am to remain there. I avoid new places. Other than that I don't have much of a preference. I'm like a snail; I carry my hobbies on my back. Except for outside-I have a great dislike of weather and will only be outside on rare occasions.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just like sharing the whole movie experience with someone and when the movie is over I like to blah blah blah about it. It's just nice when something funny happens in the movie or w/e and you can look over to your friends and laugh with them.
    Totally! Sometimes talking about the movie afterwards is more fun than the movie was. That and my mom tends to scream when she gets scared, which is hilarious.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strategy shmategy. Just tap that delicious Ne, add me on Facebook, enable the app and let's go!
    I don't have Facebook, and I don't want to give my real name... so it seems it will stay that way.

Any way we can play without a life-altering account?

Timmy, Johnny, or Spike?
    Who? I'm rather fond of D.D. Borderline.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I love doing this. When I don't have to work on a weekday I will try to go the earliest showing possible, so that it's just me and a few old ladies or something. It's so calming (and cheap!).

Anyway, I hang out in my apartment a fair amount of the time in the winter, but I am a person of action and I get really restless if I don't go out and do things, so I walk to the library to read a lot. When the weather is nice, I enjoy anything that gets me outside (jogging, hiking, bike rides, etc).
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have Facebook, and I don't want to give my real name... so it seems it will stay that way.

Any way we can play without a life-altering account?

Who? I'm rather fond of D.D. Borderline.
    just start a fake facebook account if that's the case...lol

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I'm Algen Galvin.

What's your facebook account?

And which app is it? (There's bound to be more than one.)

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

Karen Undertones, until it changes to David Yowie

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's probably the best answer, actually. All of the ILIs I know either stalk the internets or go wherever their Se partners and friends drag them. That or they pick up some kind of ecclectic pastime like Swing dancing.
    My dad's is blues guitar
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    My dad's is blues guitar
    Wait, Bee. So your dad is ILI and your mom is ESI?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Later tonight I'll be trying to drag B&D to the gay bar.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

SEI
    I tend to spend (and love spending time in) the following sorts of places:

☆ In my room. I adore my room. It has a lock and is full of art supplies an surround sound music, not to mention my computer, a treasure-trove of adobe programs, entertainment, creation and internet observation. It also contains my bed and my diary. Occasionally the bed contains more. Sometimes I sneak food in there. Love the place, my own little haven.

☆ Libraries and art galleries. Places to experience and reflect in quiet calm. Places that are meant for saturation of emotion without harsh conflict. I also tend to love sneaking to libraries when my parents (both gamma) become too much for me, and won't leave me alone in my room. I can just sit and regain strength from that which I pick up, relaxing, dreaming.

☆ Playing with my dog and teaching her new tricks, bathing her, and giving her cuddles.

☆ Unexplored nooks of cities. I am great to go to the city with, because on occasion I will spend entire days just wandering city streets, seeing what I can find alone while I listen to my iPod. I tend to know all the good eating spots that are cheap, good quality and somewhat unknown and novel. Same goes for some clothing stores, and general stores based upon entertainment or expression. If you're BG, this may also include strip clubs.

☆ Little-known country retreats. I have a few favourite fields, parks, lakes and walking areas too. Places that I can go to experience natural beauty and be guaranteed to be close to alone or completely alone. In the case of lakes, these will also usually be good for fishing or yabbying too, as I do a bit of that with close friends. I use these places both alone and to take friends out to when they become to entangled in busier things and need to talk and relax.

☆ Camping! I love to camp. A bunch of us camped up at a place only my family can access this summer, where there is a big dam full of trout. We found a bunch of sealed barrels and wooden planks and had the most fabulous afternoon building a raft and drinking beer on it in the dam before it sank (ILE drunken engineering fail!) and we were left covered in clay and giggling, before catching a few trout and sitting around an old washing machine inner barrel full of burning wood, toasting marshmallows, reflecting and taking pictures.

☆ Places of adrenalin release. Think indoor laser tag, go karting, circus, air hockey and gaming places, pools.

☆ House parties. Oh how I love house parties! Places where there is an element of familiarity while still taking in new people, new experiences, having more extroverted fun. Especially good if you go with trusted close friends and can break out to meet new people as well, but also be able to chill somewhere and come back later if things get too out of hand. Partial to alcohol and loud raucous behaviour in that order at such events.

☆ Kitchens. Yes, I love cooking, usually if I have music to rock out to at the same time. Cliche. Oh well. I'm a good cook too.

☆ The beach. I love to surf and bodyboard, explore rock pools and generally anything on the beach that doesn't entail getting eaten by a shark or being stung by jellyfish (trust me, jellyfish stings SUCK!). I'm also lucky enough to have scuba and snorkeled about 3 or times at the Great Barrier Reef. This, also, is bliss.

☆ My electric piano. I love my piano.

ADDING ANOTHER THAT I FORGOT!!

☆ Art and food markets! My fave two are the Royal Vic Market in Melbourne City and the Rose street Artist's Market, which runs on Saturdays in one of the more bohemian suburbs just outside the city, just a tram ride away. There's also a really nice artistic nursery nearby, I always go in to muse at the laser cut and wrought iron fountains for sale and steal a few kaffir lime leaves when I go past, so I can make some nice curries when I get home!
    Last edited by Khola aka Bee; 03-13-2009 at 04:42 AM.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Wait, Bee. So your dad is ILI and your mom is ESI?
    Yes. /wrists

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Generally, anywhere I've been before. The more often I've been there in the past, the more likely I am to remain there. I avoid new places. Other than that I don't have much of a preference. I'm like a snail; I carry my hobbies on my back. Except for outside-I have a great dislike of weather and will only be outside on rare occasions.
    I'll be dragging Abbie to the gay bar, as well.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

At my home, except that I don't answer the doorbell. I don't "hang out", basically I'm always either reading, coding, surfing the web or watching movies.

Or at the grocery store.

I used to go to student diners to eat.

And I go to play guitar in a bomb shelter, I've been neglecting this too much though lately

What are ILI haunts?
    Your nightmares.

I don't have one.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently... Mostly at home =(

Im not very outgoing anyways, but im in a lull period, hence being the top poster here =\

Ideally I'd be out alot, hanging, checking out neat places, jumping about like a spaz and being loud.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    [center]SEI
    I tend to spend (and love spending time in) the following sorts of places:
    [color=#660066]
    ☆ In my room. I adore my room. It has a lock and is full of art supplies an surround sound music, not to mention my computer, a treasure-trove of adobe programs, entertainment, creation and internet observation. It also contains my bed and my diary. Occasionally the bed contains more. Sometimes I sneak food in there. Love the place, my own little haven.

(whole post)
    This was a really great post! Sounds like you have lots of fun interests. And I've never seen star bullets before. very cute!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast