Thread: One shot

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default One shot

Yes, I know a single picture doesn't tell you everything and that it's a challenge to even get a good idea from only one like this. But, nonetheless, if you feel like it, what impression(s) do you get from this picture? Feel free to read as much as you like into it.

Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conservative. Will assume a professional role when necessary without complaint - takes pride in it, even. But his facial features are relatively soft, suggesting humour, sensitivity, and general good-will under the surface. I cannot see this man being difficult to deal with overall, but could possibly be a stickler on certain issues. Kind of reminds me of 40-year-old-virgin Steve Carrel, but exhibiting a much more well-rounded lifestyle.

(On stereotypes alone, I an inclined to suggest ISXj though I realize that's somewhat silly/pointless.)
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, I was so going to make the Steve Carrell comparison, but I thought I was just drunk.

+1

(btw, if this is someone you know Minde, does he do awesome dead-pan comedy?)
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Conservative. Will assume a professional role when necessary without complaint - takes pride in it, even. But his facial features are relatively soft, suggesting humour, sensitivity, and general good-will under the surface. I cannot see this man being difficult to deal with overall, but could possibly be a stickler on certain issues. Kind of reminds me of 40-year-old-virgin Steve Carrel, but exhibiting a much more well-rounded lifestyle.

(On stereotypes alone, I an inclined to suggest ISXj though I realize that's somewhat silly/pointless.)
    That's actually pretty good! (Minus the Steve Carrell reference - I've never seen that movie.)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Dude, I was so going to make the Steve Carrell comparison, but I thought I was just drunk.

+1

(btw, if this is someone you know Minde, does he do awesome dead-pan comedy?)
    He can be funny, yes, but not in a dead-pan kind of way.

Can I have your not-drunk opinion, too?

And, I'd like more of other people's thoughts. You don't have to put it into socionics terms - in fact, I'd even rather that you not, not initially. Kind of like what force my hand did, that was good.

I'm testing, sort of. Not you really, but more seeing what happens.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give this a shot

He looks like the kind of person who, when you’re speaking to, wouldn’t laugh much. He’d be calm, but in a kind of dour/pragmatic way, not a businesslike way, a spiritual way, or a cold way.

I’d see him as being a leader who takes orders – not the supreme commander, but in a position of authority (although the rank on his epaulets kinda gave that away).

He looks like he could be really aggressive if he wanted to. A fighter. Quite determined, dogged and tenacious. Not too afraid of kicking beneath the belt. Could bend the rules to get his own way. Possibly a little heavy-handed or willing to use his power.

Over to you, Minde!
    Five/Tanzhe

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post

I agree with force my hand, as usual... His facial expression reminds me a bit of my ISFj Dad's.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My more level-headed opinion (which kind of repeats a lot of what's been said anyway):

Relatively calm demeanor, serious but appreciative of an open and lighter atmosphere outside of work (he looks like he would take his job duties very seriously), maybe a little thin-skinned with regard to attempts at humor that aren't good-natured (where someone is the butt of the joke), pretty much a by-the-book sort, looks like he'd expect a lot out of the people under his command and, so long as they were putting forth a high-enough level of effort, he might behave a little more sympathetically towards them than he otherwise would (no tolerance for laziness), sees the world as black and white, definitely a dog person, likes his meat medium-well, a southpaw.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your thoughts, guys. If you have more or if anyone else wants to chip in, please do.

The following comes from my biased, likely skewed perspective. I will be as impartial as possible (though that's probably a vain attempt). But, that bias can make it more fun - just remember this is how an INFj sees him.

So, qualities and traits of his that stick out to me (I might add more later if they occur to me):

Likes to tease people (especially women and children). Not in a malicious way, as in he doesn't put them down or hurt them, but to get to them, to get a reaction out of them. For example, one of his secretaries told a story of when she first started to work for him he'd come out of his office and just kind of lean up against the file drawers (or something) and watch her as she worked, usually with a smile or sort of smirk. She'd ask, "Do you need something, sir?" and he'd say yes or no depending on if he really did need something and then keep standing there. After a few minutes he'd go back in his office or do something else. He kept doing this, though, for awhile. It freaked her out and made her very nervous when working. One day, when she was getting something together for another person, of much lower rank than her boss, he came out and started the whole watching thing again. She asked, "Can I help you, sir?" He said, "No," smiled, and just kept standing there. She lost it. "Then get back in your office and don't come out until you need something!" she snapped and pointed to the door. He chuckled, went back into his office, and didn't do it anymore. (The guy she was helping just about had a heart attack, though, seeing her speak that way to such a high ranking officer.) The two of them went on to have a successful working relationship for many years thereafter.

His humor tends to be more what makes him laugh than what's funny to other people.

Very giving and loyal to his family. He would sacrifice his life for them. He takes good care of his parents, especially in providing technology and tools for them. He has a tendency to do that for all of his family, actually.

Come to think about it, he's that way about everybody. More with his family and close friends, of course, but he cares about everybody and especially people in trouble. He likes helping people out of trouble or keeping them out of it. For example, he helps/ed out a lot in some anti-drug educational programs put on by the military (more the organizing than the actual working with people, though). And, while it wasn't exactly fun, he helped with the Katrina clean-up and rescues. When he came back he showed pictures, and a couple of stories that particularly touched him, and had a hard time not bragging on his people, how hard they worked and how many people they helped.

A good leader, well respected and liked among those he works/ed with. Good at organizing and appropriately delegating. His philosophy of leadership seems to be that it's his job to support the people who are actually doing all the work.

Hardworking and while not a perfectionist has fairly high standards for what he does. He doesn't push those standards on people around him. Well, people that he's not in charge of, anyway. I've never been under his command, so I can't be sure of what that's like. He's pretty laid-back when it comes to other people and what they want to do. I mean, he'll think you're stupid (and might laugh at you), but he won't really try to stop you.

Easy-going and not excitable. He's pretty matter-of-fact when talking about things.

He's up-to-date on current events and politics. When he expresses his opinion on those things, it always comes across as, "well, of course," like it's obvious to him what the opinion should be based on the information that he has. If you don't understand him or don't have the same information, he'll share what he thinks is appropriate. He does know how to keep a confidence (as well he should, considering his job).

He's humble and definitely not a braggart. I know for a fact that he talks with high-level people and makes important decisions, but he never talks about it unless directly asked, and even then he'll just answer the facts and kind of deflect the rest.

He's pretty confident in interacting with people. Not gregarious or attention-hogging. But he knows how to get along, how to communicate, how to be friendly. And he does like people. I don't think he has many enemies, if any. He knows how to be (and I think kind of likes being) in "high" social circles. It's not his most important priority or even a big one, but he doesn't mind it and can operate just fine there. (I'm not sure if that last part makes much sense.)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Thank you for your thoughts, guys. If you have more or if anyone else wants to chip in, please do.

The following comes from my biased, likely skewed perspective. I will be as impartial as possible (though that's probably a vain attempt). But, that bias can make it more fun - just remember this is how an INFj sees him.

So, qualities and traits of his that stick out to me (I might add more later if they occur to me):

Likes to tease people (especially women and children). Not in a malicious way, as in he doesn't put them down or hurt them, but to get to them, to get a reaction out of them. For example, one of his secretaries told a story of when she first started to work for him he'd come out of his office and just kind of lean up against the file drawers (or something) and watch her as she worked, usually with a smile or sort of smirk. She'd ask, "Do you need something, sir?" and he'd say yes or no depending on if he really did need something and then keep standing there. After a few minutes he'd go back in his office or do something else. He kept doing this, though, for awhile. It freaked her out and made her very nervous when working. One day, when she was getting something together for another person, of much lower rank than her boss, he came out and started the whole watching thing again. She asked, "Can I help you, sir?" He said, "No," smiled, and just kept standing there. She lost it. "Then get back in your office and don't come out until you need something!" she snapped and pointed to the door. He chuckled, went back into his office, and didn't do it anymore. (The guy she was helping just about had a heart attack, though, seeing her speak that way to such a high ranking officer.) The two of them went on to have a successful working relationship for many years thereafter.

His humor tends to be more what makes him laugh than what's funny to other people.

Very giving and loyal to his family. He would sacrifice his life for them. He takes good care of his parents, especially in providing technology and tools for them. He has a tendency to do that for all of his family, actually.

Come to think about it, he's that way about everybody. More with his family and close friends, of course, but he cares about everybody and especially people in trouble. He likes helping people out of trouble or keeping them out of it. For example, he helps/ed out a lot in some anti-drug educational programs put on by the military (more the organizing than the actual working with people, though). And, while it wasn't exactly fun, he helped with the Katrina clean-up and rescues. When he came back he showed pictures, and a couple of stories that particularly touched him, and had a hard time not bragging on his people, how hard they worked and how many people they helped.

A good leader, well respected and liked among those he works/ed with. Good at organizing and appropriately delegating. His philosophy of leadership seems to be that it's his job to support the people who are actually doing all the work.

Hardworking and while not a perfectionist has fairly high standards for what he does. He doesn't push those standards on people around him. Well, people that he's not in charge of, anyway. I've never been under his command, so I can't be sure of what that's like. He's pretty laid-back when it comes to other people and what they want to do. I mean, he'll think you're stupid (and might laugh at you), but he won't really try to stop you.

Easy-going and not excitable. He's pretty matter-of-fact when talking about things.

He's up-to-date on current events and politics. When he expresses his opinion on those things, it always comes across as, "well, of course," like it's obvious to him what the opinion should be based on the information that he has. If you don't understand him or don't have the same information, he'll share what he thinks is appropriate. He does know how to keep a confidence (as well he should, considering his job).

He's humble and definitely not a braggart. I know for a fact that he talks with high-level people and makes important decisions, but he never talks about it unless directly asked, and even then he'll just answer the facts and kind of deflect the rest.

He's pretty confident in interacting with people. Not gregarious or attention-hogging. But he knows how to get along, how to communicate, how to be friendly. And he does like people. I don't think he has many enemies, if any. He knows how to be (and I think kind of likes being) in "high" social circles. It's not his most important priority or even a big one, but he doesn't mind it and can operate just fine there. (I'm not sure if that last part makes much sense.)
    It could just be because I'm biased now, but when reading that, I realized that almost every sentence could apply to my ISFj Dad.

Like the man in the above description, my Dad is an exec, (banker,) a (figure)head of some local non-profits, (including an anti-drug non-profit,) and not a braggart although his position could justify it... He's totally devoted to family. He likes to act humble although he's secretly proud that he mixes w/rich ppl and considers himself smarter than almost everyone... His opinions come across as "well, of course," (which is kind of annoying if you ask me,) and he's generally easy-going... I've seen that facial expression on him on many occasions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he your father?

From your (overwhelmingly positive) description, he sounds like the kind of person I would get along very well with.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    Is he your father?

From your (overwhelmingly positive) description, he sounds like the kind of person I would get along very well with.
    No, he's not my father.

And I told you I'd be biased. I'll try to think of something negative, though...

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    lol if it is I'll feel bad, but I did give my honest impression...
    Oh, no, I wanted your honest impression. That's what makes it interesting.