Thread: = Question for STs =

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question = Question for STs =

Are you more annoyed by ( and critical of )

1. Clumsiness, scattiness and absentmindedness (strong mental and/or physical detachment)

or

2. Physical appearance and shape (body, hygiene, dressing, looks...)
    Last edited by Park; 10-17-2008 at 04:43 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(1.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find 1 somewhat appealing.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, my point exactly. Who couldn't find that appealing?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    me

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally the things associated with 1... rather, that is to say, not 2.

Some aspects of one's personal appearence cannot be changed. Those that can are a visual marker of that person's character and values, but so long as it's not in my face, it's not my business.

Personality quirks, on the other hand, have the potential to get on my nerves because they are usually associated with a lack of tact and moderation. Not that I'm particularily anal about those two things, but just don't try to invade my mental space. Bother someone else is my attitude.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post

1. Clumsiness, scattiness and absentmindedness

or

2. Physical appearance and shape
    I want to answer this, but I am not sure how.

I definitely notice clumsiness and absentmindedness; I'm not sure what scattiness is, but I'm guessing it's along the same lines. I wouldn't say these things bother me, unless they are getting in my way; often I find a little clumsiness and/or absentmindedness endearing, so long as it's not "too much," at which point it becomes irritating.

Physical appearance and shape... of course I notice, but I wouldn't say I'm annoyed by physical appearances of people. Is that what you meant?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By physical appearance I meant the way people take care of themselves and their body, hygiene, dressing, make up, "how they look" etc.

Creepy-

By physical appearance I meant the way people take care of themselves and their body, hygiene, dressing, make up, "how they look" etc.
    Hmm. Thinking of people I know who are morbidly obese, I don't understand how anyone can so badly abuse their body; that kind of out-of-shapeness is beyond any reasonable degree and makes me feel like they either don't know how to care for their bodies or don't care to, either of which is disturbing to me.

As far as "how people look," I notice immediately, but doesn't everyone? I don't know if I would say I'm annoyed by appearances in most cases, and I'm not usually outspoken with criticisms....

Oh, and I am very critical of my own physical appearance - less of clothes/makeup, which I do care about but which I don't worry over, than the physical shape/condition of my body.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    As far as "how people look," I notice immediately, but doesn't everyone? I don't know if I would say I'm annoyed by appearances in most cases, and I'm not usually outspoken with criticisms....
    That's a good point. I'm like that too, and I think most SLIs are that way (maybe because of Fe PoLR and being careful about unintentionally hurting others feelings?). And this is also partly why I suggested other types for the guy unefille was describing here.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd never voice that criticism either but people's overall physical fitness or lack of has always been something I've taken notice of and been irritated by and I'm not quite sure why. I don't know if it's because I work so hard at maintaining my appearance and expect the same of others...I don't know. I realize it's shallow and ignorant but I can't help it. With obesity, I just can't understand it and I don't have patience for it. It's irritating. I'm not talking about chubby people (chubby people r cool) I'm talking about the morbildy obese you see walking in buffets. It hurts my soul.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Clumsiness, scattiness and absentmindedness (strong mental and/or physical detachment)

or

Both piss me off, but the former gets to me more.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG I am so bad at #1. If my ST husband were annoyed by that, I'd be in deep trouble.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    OMG I am so bad at #1. If my ST husband were annoyed by that, I'd be in deep trouble.
    Yeah, I find #2 more annoying. In fact, I don't think I've ever felt mad about someone's absentminded-ness. Most of the time I find it charming. yeah i'm odd.

I'd never voice that criticism either but people's overall physical fitness or lack of has always been something I've taken notice of and been irritated by and I'm not quite sure why. I don't know if it's because I work so hard at maintaining my appearance and expect the same of others...I don't know. I realize it's shallow and ignorant but I can't help it. With obesity, I just can't understand it and I don't have patience for it. It's irritating. I'm not talking about chubby people (chubby people r cool) I'm talking about the morbildy obese you see walking in buffets. It hurts my soul.

Eh, I'm the same way. I realize it's shallow too but I think of it as a human shortcut. Most of the time people who smell/look bad/dirty tend to be stupid,dull, whatever stereotype you've already developed. Sure, we can be wrong lots of times, but I have been right lots of times too. I think i'm much more irritated by smells and textures (on hands, not food) than appearances though.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I think i'm much more irritated by smells and textures (on hands, not food) than appearances though.
    I know what you mean. I work with a man who is roughly 350 lbs and never bathes. How you like that?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean. I work with a man who is roughly 350 lbs and never bathes. How you like that?

I'd be like this

Creepy-Cyclops

That's a good point. I'm like that too, and I think most SLIs are that way (maybe because of Fe PoLR and being careful about unintentionally hurting others feelings?). And this is also partly why I suggested other types for the guy unefille was describing here.
    You might have Fe PoLR but your not Delta.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You might have Fe PoLR but your not Delta.
    Thank you poppy. Now get out, you smell.

Creepy-Cyclops

Thank you poppy. Now get out, you smell.
    Orders eh? What's the angry little man called Winterpark going to do?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Orders eh? What's the angry little man called Winterpark going to do?
    If you make one more move on me you motherfucker I'll fucking cut your fuckin' balls off, I'll shove 'em up your fucking ass, I'll fucking bury you, I'll put fucking ice picks in your eyes, I'll chop your fucking eyeballs, I'll send them to your fucking family so they can eat them for dessert. You understand me?

*raises hand*

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goldblum is an aquired taste, I guess.

If you make one more move on me you motherfucker I'll fucking cut your fuckin' balls off, I'll shove 'em up your fucking ass, I'll fucking bury you, I'll put fucking ice picks in your eyes, I'll chop your fucking eyeballs, I'll send them to your fucking family so they can eat them for dessert. You understand me?
    LOL

Creepy-Cyclops

Goldblum is an aquired taste, I guess.

LOL
    'lol' indeed.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ Cyclops thinking I'm angry and taking what I say seriously and literally. Obliviousness is bless.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    me
    Same here! It's a definite 1 mor me, no doubt about it.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-Cyclops

LOL @ Cyclops thinking I'm angry and taking what I say seriously and literally. Obliviousness is bless.
    Rubbish. You've already pm'd me recently to tell me to die, and you've told me on another thread today i'm dead.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if only because i'm an honorable mention ST, i'll state that i probably care a lot more about 1. i notice absentmindedness (uh, like doing things like forgetting to close cardoors and driving off without checking this.) it doesn't always bug me, it just depends on how severe it is. physical appearance you can only do so much about. hygiene is an easily correctable issue, for the most part. it's weird when people don't care about this. if you're morbidly obese like jessica mentioned, that implies some greater problems maybe. anyhow, i can find all sorts of quirks (physical, i mean) attractive and attractiveness is really subjective.
    Last edited by implied; 10-19-2008 at 05:01 PM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks implied. Interesting answers so far. I thought this question would basically ask if one is more annoyed by weak Se or weak Si. I also thought that perhaps, since Deltas value Si over Se and EIEs have Si PoLR that Delta STs would choose #2 and Beta STs would go for #1 because they have strong (and valued) Se, and value Ni over Si. But I see how this is not a straight cut thing and that there are many other factors for being annoyed or attracted by either one.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Generally the things associated with 1... rather, that is to say, not 2.

Some aspects of one's personal appearence cannot be changed. Those that can are a visual marker of that person's character and values, but so long as it's not in my face, it's not my business.

Personality quirks, on the other hand, have the potential to get on my nerves because they are usually associated with a lack of tact and moderation. Not that I'm particularily anal about those two things, but just don't try to invade my mental space. Bother someone else is my attitude.
    eh, i just realized that i pretty much said what you did.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or
    It depends on the person and the situation.

I have one good friend who wants to be a professional athlete but is no where near the shape he has to be in. So when I comment about his lack readiness in that way, he sees me as "nagging" him

I notice both 1 and 2.

If someone didn't pay attention to me or couldn't hold focus, that would be annoying somewhat. But if someone was openly negligent and just not interested in 2, that might be a deal breaker. More so because I'd constantly be suggesting things and coming up with opportunities for them to better themselves, or just saying "you really smell bad, you need a shower"... and if they just didn't care at all, then I'd not really want to be around the person.

The closer someone gets to me the more situations I have to voice my opinions about things. I suppose one factor at play is that I like a certain about of "beauty" or hygiene or so on, and simply being in my presence will compel me to "make things" up to a certain level of beauty, etc. I have my own strong tastes, yes, but it's more that a certain amount of care or effort has to be put into something. Sloppiness or not caring about things is unappealing - like what jessica said about someone being extremely obese... it's like they've just given up.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.