—————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Creepy-bg

not a whole hell of a lot... and it's a pretty big problem for me

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest motivation is the feeling that I know I'll have in myself when I've done something good/great. Or sometimes even the thought that I'll get a pat on the back and a "good job" from someone else when I complete whatever it is that I needed to be motivated for. In school, I wanted good grades, now that I've been in a career for 8+ years, money is the motivation, along with bonuses or a t-shirt/mug/some other shit that I get every once in a while... and a good handshake every so often works too.
    I personally need motivation for trivial shit more than anything else. For instance, taxes... this year, I pretty much knew I'd have to pay so there was no motivation to get it done any time sooner than the week of April 15th...lol. when the 13th came around, the "oh shit" factor got involved in it and I finished them and filed them the next day...lol.

So the top motivators for me seem to be... time restraints and knowing that I'll feel good about something when it's completed and figure that others will too... for the most part.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like a common alpha problem

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If something needs to be done, it gets done. Likewise, if I want to do something, I do it.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    If something needs to be done, it gets done. Likewise, if I want to do something, I do it.
    these aren't the 'droids you're looking for... move along.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    these aren't the 'droids you're looking for... move along.
    'Your clothes are itchy... remove them.'
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    'Your clothes are itchy... remove them.'
    haha... you assume I'm wearing clothes!

-1 force my hand

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheeze. Cheeze motivates me.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Cheeze. Cheeze motivates me.
    you must be very regular

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thing I don't wanna do... not a lot, I just trudge along until I'm running out of time, and then make sure I do a relatively good job.

Things I wanna do, there's probably a good reason, i.e. I have logically worked out it'll lead me to my dream future.
    ENTp... love it

3w2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    when the 13th came around, the "oh shit" factor got involved in it and I finished them and filed them the next day...lol.
    The "oh shit factor" is one of my major motivators of late (it has to be - I have so much stuff to do this semester that I have to prioritize, which means a series of "oh shits"). The other thing that motivates me (and I much prefer) is interest - if I get a cool idea I tend to pursue it for a while until I get bored and start thinking about something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    you must be very regular
    What?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    Silly little lab mouse
    Cheeze doesn't motivate you?

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am motivated by reality. If you know your values an establish goals, then you will have a focus and a reason to get things done. If you set really high goals, then you will want to do more things in order to reach them, and if it is something that you really don't want to do, then treat it like you would a hurdle, go through it or get around it somehow.

Think about what kind of person you want to be in the near future, at least that works for me.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Creepy-bg

I don't really like cheese. haha
    I would be a horrible lab mouse. The scientists would put a piece at the end of my maze and I'd just sit around with a "Go fuck off unless you bring me something better to eat" face.

Good times
    http://www.apocalypsecartoons.com/roc/ep4/roc4.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure a good fucking paddlin would motivate your ass Allie.

Creepy-bg

that's hot

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure a good fucking paddlin would motivate your ass Allie.

*Random thought*
    This looks like a very "inefficient" paddle. Heavy since it's wood, and the actual part that goes in the water is rather small and wouldn't displace too much water at all. Therefore, I'm forced to give the designer of this paddle a C-, since it actually still "looks" nice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questioning the efficiency of the paddle... that's a paddlin.

Whining about the paddle... that's a paddlin.

You would not like me to drill holes into it to make it more aerodynamic, would you?

Creepy-Cyclops

*Random thought*
    It would still hurt to get smacked in the ass with.
    It would make a great food-shovel for a giant.

Creepy-bg

doesn't he need to be in charge of something for us to overthrow him?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, mean and he's got a paddle. We should take that away.
    Don't act like you don't like it.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. C'mon folks. We all know S&M is Beta. Get your paddles outta Alpha.

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My motivation comes from the satisfaction of understanding things; putting things in order. It feels good to be productive.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What motivates me best is a fiery emotional speech from a friend or just generally being backed into a corner where I can't escape and I NEED to do whatever is in front of me. That's basically why I always get shit done at the last minute. I have almost no motivation before that, usually.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an alpha quadra member, but I'll reply

I'm motivated by doing things I like. In life I've tried many activities, found the things I liked the most, and tried to center my life around them so that the things "I don't like" are only a few. For the things I don't like...waking up early works, or doing them while you're happy and exalted for something else that has happened.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Cyclops

I missed school today because I accidently slept in. And I'm not really motivated to go there now.
    it's a stressful environment and I'm not really into it.

Oh yeah and my mom just lectured me about how I am going nowhere in life because I keep missing school. This is not a good day.

How would you find the motivation to get one's ass to school on time?
    If your like me you'll pull it out the bag at the last minute.

Then there's always the late shift at mcdonalds. That way you get your long lie.

Creepy-Cyclops

I'm planning on starting over and getting all my shit together next year.
    It's too late now. But yeah, I'll be okay.
    Yeah. I keep saying this, then I just put my feet up and keep leaving stuff to the last minute..but so what it usually gets done, and I think it's pretty cool (although admittedly disorganised!) in my eyes. So I say..who cares..enjoy your day off!
    And what about mcdonald's? I don't get it.
    Was just trying to think of a job where there wasn't an early start, so more time in bed to sleep in the morning..but now i've thought about it, that's no good either, cause it's cool having my evenings free *and* long lie-in's!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A cup full of whiskey, and a gut full of rage.
    lol! nice.

I wish I knew what motivates me... Fun. Fun will motivate me quite well. But most things aren't fun.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    But most things aren't fun.
    But that's not true. Most things can be made fun, if approached from the right direction, with the right state of mind.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    But that's not true. Most things can be made fun, if approached from the right direction, with the right state of mind.
    true dat.

I never had a problem with school... I always figured it was just a way to get farther down the road in life... the longer you stay in... the longer that road may eventually be... Myself, I went the 2 year tech school route and my off ramp to the career superhighway started early @ 20 yrs old... I know now that unless I continue my education at some point... I'll be making around the same amount of money the rest of my life, at this point I'm really ok with that cuz I feel like life is "good" as far as monetary gain goes. So I've yet to motivate myself to get back to school, even if it's paid for by the company I'm with now.

I actually like my job, and it's not what I consider "fun" as far as going to an amusement park, hanging out with buddies, or playing pool in a pub... but I find it "fun" to be accomplishing something every day I'm there. You just have to have the right expectations of something and not think better or worse of it when it comes to doing stuff. If every day you go to work hating it, figure out why that is and deal with that... If you hate school, figure out why that is... If you hate the people you're around all day... etc...
    90% of the time, people won't realize that it's pretty much their own fault if they're not motivated but they'll find a way to blame the rest of the world for it. Once you get past that... life's pretty easy as far as getting shit done and making it what you want.
    ...by the letter M.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good to know I'm in familiar company here as far as motivation goes.

I'm only motivated by my interest in a subject. I become intensely obsessed with whatever "projects" I'm into at the time, and ignore almost everything else. Fortunately, work is a constant project--much more interesting than school ever was, anyhow--and I get a lot done there, especially if you consider organizing a trashketball leauge an accomplishment. That, and like 2,567,436 pages of RFPs and USE Cases.

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm motivated by goals, deadlines, genuine interests, and also dependency from others that requires me to complete an objective.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing motivates me.

Sometimes I can get things done if I can convince someone to do it for me, though.
    I'm just pretty amazing like that.
    this reminds me of me a little, might not seem clear why to others. i usually wont do anything unless i feel like it was my decision. if someone puts pressure on me i rebel. I get very angry/otherwise do not do what is asked of me

another motivator, though its really not a pleasant one, is making sure people are not upset . so its not really productive all the time, but if i feel like someone is going to be upset i take action to make sure that obstacle is removed