not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Functional Development by Age?

In MBTI theory, certain ages in a person's life seem to correspond with development-- or manifestation-- of their functions. The Dominant function is identifiable by age 6 or 7; the Auxilliary by age 12 or 13; Tertiary in the 30's; and Inferior in the 50's.

Is there anything like this in Socionics theory?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    In MBTI theory, certain ages in a person's life seem to correspond with development-- or manifestation-- of their functions. The Dominant function is identifiable by age 6 or 7; the Auxilliary by age 12 or 13; Tertiary in the 30's; and Inferior in the 50's.

Is there anything like this in Socionics theory?
    Well 2 dimensional functions (3 and 6) are considered to be adaptive or normalizing. So, I'd say with age you become more competent in things related to those elements. 4 and 5 as well seem to become better adjusted to with age, but for the most part it's a life-long struggle.

It seems likely that stronger elements would become more apparent at a younger age since people are more aware of those elements and will develop according to them faster. I can't say for sure, but I seriously doubt there's any definitive age.

So to actually answer your question, there hasn't been anything formally presented in the theory, but it seems to make sense.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something Rick wrote:

Socionics Blog - November 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    My observations of these and other old people suggest that it is the weak functions that "go to pot" after 70 or 80 years of age, while the base function preserves its competence till death or dehabilitating illness. This is not hard to explain. The "strongest" functions have been given the most "exercise," are best supplied with vitamins and minerals, and form the core of one's adaptational niche in one's environment. When the brain deteriorates, this is the last to go.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's interesting

How can my experience be reconciled with the "rounding out" view of Jungians and many others? Over time, one builds up simple behavior patterns ("rules of thumbs") to preserve a semblance of order and balance in the areas one is weak in. In youth, people tend to be maximalistic and not recognize the worth of anything that is not a part of their strengths. In adulthood, an awareness of the worth of alternate behavior patterns and adaptation niches comes. One comes to terms at some point with one's own built-in limitations. This, however, does not mean that one suddenly begins to produce information from one's weak functions for society's use.
    So according to Rick, You build up your strengths and then weaknesses through life, and then as you begin to lose cognitive function they deteriorate in reverse order.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contact functions (creative, role, suggestive and demonstrative) supposedly develop more than inert (the rest).

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Contact functions (creative, role, suggestive and demonstrative) supposedly develop more than inert (the rest).
    Why is this exactly? As an EII, those functions ^ for me would be Ne, Ti, Te, and Ni. But what about the Feeling functions? Aren't they supposed to be stronger than my Logic functions?
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this exactly? As an EII, those functions ^ for me would be Ne, Ti, Te, and Ni. But what about the Feeling functions? Aren't they supposed to be stronger than my Logic functions?
    Function dichotomies - Wikisocion
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your feeling functions are strong you just don't pay as much value to them as the functions above, which you assume are more valuable then your primary function. I felt the same way when I first became interested in socionics. I thought I did not have Fi, but I did not understand how all the elements worked together; I thought for the longest time that I used Ne and Ti far more then Fi; Fi is your feelings. You have feelings, you cry, you feel towards things on your own subjective level and you live for the people you love, to be there for them. That's where your Fi is and it's also in your values, humanity over colder things, nature and responsibility of our actions, kindness, moral support -those are Fi, but mostly relationship (to be of some help to others whether by comfort or by advice). It's also a subjective function, you value what resonated with you when you were young and through your personal experiences of the world and people around you. Our values merge because we all have the same processor or hard wire/hard drive and we all seem to come to value the same things; more religious EII will value environmental causes, for example, but will acknowledge that these are works of God, reconciling their beliefs with their values and how they were raised (also know as your culture). I am a humanitarian/mix of religious preferences, so I value responsible technology as the best stewardship; that may differ from the ultra Christian and conservative EII who will not see beyond the Bible's interpretation of their role on earth because J is a judging function, meaning, it takes a while for you to reconcile who you are to your outside role and then change yourself. Opposite is the perceptual who adapts and moves their mind as situation changes, or according to the situation.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Your feeling functions are strong you just don't pay as much value to them as the functions above, which you assume are more valuable then your primary function. I felt the same way when I first became interested in socionics. I thought I did not have Fi, but I did not understand how all the elements worked together; I thought for the longest time that I used Ne and Ti far more then Fi; Fi is your feelings. You have feelings, you cry, you feel towards things on your own subjective level and you live for the people you love, to be there for them. That's where your Fi is and it's also in your values, humanity over colder things, nature and responsibility of our actions, kindness, moral support -those are Fi, but mostly relationship (to be of some help to others whether by comfort or by advice). It's also a subjective function, you value what resonated with you when you were young and through your personal experiences of the world and people around you. Our values merge because we all have the same processor or hard wire/hard drive and we all seem to come to value the same things; more religious EII will value environmental causes, for example, but will acknowledge that these are works of God, reconciling their beliefs with their values and how they were raised (also know as your culture). I am a humanitarian/mix of religious preferences, so I value responsible technology as the best stewardship; that may differ from the ultra Christian and conservative EII who will not see beyond the Bible's interpretation of their role on earth because J is a judging function, meaning, it takes a while for you to reconcile who you are to your outside role and then change yourself. Opposite is the perceptual who adapts and moves their mind as situation changes, or according to the situation.
    Thank you
    My life's work (haha):