Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you HATE about your dual?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default What do you HATE about your dual?

Because no one's perfect.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. Freaking everything. SLEs suck, especially since I currently have no interest in becoming a better person.

Lack of Fi is annoying b/c when I don't have a clever Fe way of convincing them to do stuff, I'm pretty much just stuck, because they're not going to figure it out and do it on their own. Also, they can be kind of bossy. Like, seriously, dude? When did I become your assistant. Never? Oh, when, never? Yes, that's right, never? I think that problem is solved with a female dual, though, because I'll pretty much be her slave for sex. Or even the possibility of future sex. (Not really. I ain't crazy.)
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how they think everybody likes them. pfffft. No, sorry, everybody likes ME, not you.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The insane drama.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know, they're weird.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really can't think of anything to hate. Maybe that they don't seem to make enough time for one on one.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    how they think everybody likes them. pfffft. No, sorry, everybody likes ME, not you.
    lol.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    lol.
    You should be a girl.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    You should be a girl.
    If I were, I'd be prettier and more popular than you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are manipulative at times, and what's worse is that sometimes people don't realise it (including the EIE who is doing it) and think the world of them.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they make me feel like I'm constantly holding a butterfly. One wrong move and suddenly the damn thing will never fly again.
    Easy Day

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How their attention to me is so sporadic and based on whim.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're too inclusivistic and incapable of being bitches to stupid people.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They keep moving away and they don't come in diverse enough enneagram options.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    They keep moving away and they don't come in diverse enough enneagram options.
    okay Abbie, what's your ideal enneagram pairing?

I used to think mine was maybe 8w9 but now I'm thinking 7w8. (or 8w7 would work, lol)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

okay Abbie, what's your ideal enneagram pairing?

I used to think mine was maybe 8w9 but now I'm thinking 7w8. (or 8w7 would work, lol)
    I'm still trying to decide...that's why I want a bunch of EIIs to line up with diverse E-types. Far as I can discern at this point, I think I want a 6-4-1.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I'm still trying to decide...that's why I want a bunch of EIIs to line up with diverse E-types. Far as I can discern at this point, I think I want a 6-4-1.
    lol. I want an 8-7-3 sx/sp, or so/sx.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the stacking. I want sp/sx for that.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you want a 4 in the triad or tritype or whatever? I'd imagine that LSEs would be annoyed by most four-ish qualities.

Also, speaking of triads, my idealized dual's enneagram chord is Imaj7, no 5. Your dual's is IV. Mine is III7, no third.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, 8-7-3 would be great. so/sx perfect!!

I don't know much about the tri-type stuff though.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why do you want a 4 in the triad or tritype or whatever? I'd imagine that LSEs would be annoyed by most four-ish qualities.
    I'm annoyed by some four-ish qualities, but many are endearing.

What LSE E-type are you most familiar with?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What LSE E-type are you most familiar with?
    No idea. I don't know many LSEs. LSE 8s would probably annoy me the most though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea. I don't know many LSEs. LSE 8s would probably annoy me the most though.
    me either. I know one male and one female. I think they might both be E-1s. Of the highly annoying variety (no offense intended).

And may I say, I've never been annoyed with you, Abbie. I quite like you!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why an SLE 8 over a 7?
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because 8s are like 4s, just flipped inside out. And I'm 7ish enough for the both of us. I don't really need a push to go explore and do exciting things outside. I need a push to get off my ass and work towards whatever the goal is.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because 8s are like 4s, just flipped inside out. And I'm 7ish enough for the both of us. I don't really need a push to go explore and do exciting things outside. I need a push to get off my ass and work towards whatever the goal is.
    well we may differ here. I DO need the push to explore. I think a 7w8 would be fab.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFps can be pretty guarded individuals (unless you impress them), same with ESFjs (unless you let them push you around)...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    do IEI's really seem that easy to break?

a SLE once admitted to me that she felt an overwhelming impulse to protect me, because I seemed so slight, delicate, and fragile to her. I didn't take offence to it, but it really did confuse me. I'm actually a very strong and resilient person.
    were you close to her though? I think IEIs seem fragile at first but at a closer distance, our inner strength becomes apparent.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

For you? Just make sure you stay away from sx firsts! They spell nothing but trouble for the poor sp-first

As for me...

Lol, it's a toughy. I think another sx/sp might be a bit stormy and intense for me. I think sx/sps in general seem to be really nerve-wracking experiences for anyone they consider close to them

I think I'll just say that my head isn't in the right place at the moment to be fantasising about types and stackings

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.

@Starfall, I've actually inspired the impulse to protect in SLEs. Which I find rather comical, although I don't know that anyone would describe me as the strongest person they know.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    do IEI's really seem that easy to break?
    Hmmm. Perhaps I painted the wrong picture.

Yes they do seem kinda fragile, but not so much that they are going to be broken but more-so that my relationship with them is easily damaged, not to say it can't be fixed. It's just that more often than not the fixing requires a certain amount of pride swallowing on my part which I'm not very inclined to do unless I really care for the person.

It's weird though because it's for that same reason I could see an intimate relationship between me and an IEI going very well. I like putting out fires.

I guess it depends on how much I like the person, If I don't care for them it's a nuisance if I do care for them then it's a blessing.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's weird though because it's for that same reason I could see an intimate relationship between me and an IEI going very well. I like putting out fires.
    So basically victim-aggressor. Worth it if the person is worth it, if not, then not. Reminds me of a song about relationships (written by an LSI, btw).

"We build a treehouse/I keep it from shaking/little more glue every time that it breaks/something something something/then I start making/conscious, deliberate mistakes."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They don't post/ boost my ego in the "what do you like about your dual" thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also when they leave I feel like I have phantom limb syndrome

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    You are IEI? There is nothing fun about IEIs for SLEs.
    IEIs are so lost in their own worlds that SLEs forget their guard around them (how can they know how dangerous IEIs really are, they seem nice at first?) and then, somehow they allow the IEI too close, and sooner or later, they will start to care about another human being just because they forget to fight them! It makes them feel good (unintentionally), and the good feel will make them see meaning in life and they'll slow down and even start to enjoy living, instead of constantly fighting, but THEY didn't make it happen. It means the SLE has lost control, and you know how important control is for the SLE. IEIs are like cryptonite for SLEs. Who can say anything positive about cryptonite?
    Funny, I feel the same loss of control thing, except its internal control rather than external control. In fact, I was having this conversation with an SLE about how I was very selective about whose opinion I decided to care about, because if I care about your opinion then you have a measure of control over me, and I don't like other people having control of me. I like to always have the right to completely ignore whatever other people tell me to do/think/be/anything. When you let other people in you lose that right of refusal.

But yeah, it's always flattering when SLEs pretend that IEIs are "powerful" because we alone can get them to let their guards down. I don't really think it's true, but it's a lovely myth to credence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast