Thread: Discuss LSE and being lazy

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Discuss LSE and being lazy

I've known two lazy LSE so I'm thinking while LSE have the capability of working 19 hours that don't have to if there's no work and they can sink into patterns that are lazy. What do you think?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any type can be lazy. Indeed, indolence has a divine quality to it.

Why do you ask?

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree that LSE people can be lazy and this negates the idea that SLI are inherently lazy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just wonder how many times we've considered someone who says that they are lazy an Si ego by default. I also wanted to raise this to clarify a difference in what Jung refers to as outward movement of the libido. Spacific example of this is a few nights ago I stayed over at my LSE and I jumped out of bed to head to the door he said "going to pee?" I thought, while most people find this funny, Te. Scrams of Te base. Not that I'm trying to type him but outward observation of action and estimation by removal of variables instantaneously. Why else would I approach the door that fast? If he were Si base he'd maybe thinking of some thing in his mind. I'm raising this to think about a possible typing question(s) to understand and differentiate without having people talk about whether they like war and why, which does not work.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I just wonder how many times we've considered someone who says that they are lazy an Si ego by default. I also wanted to raise this to clarify a difference in what Jung refers to as outward movement of the libido.
    I never took it into account, but I no doubt had some disagreements with others who said I was talking nonesense because of it.

Words has always been ahead of his time, yet so far back, heh.

Spacific example of this is a few nights ago I stayed over at my LSE and I jumped out of bed to head to the door he said "going to pee?" I thought, while most people find this funny, Te. Scrams of Te base. Not that I'm trying to type him but outward observation of action and estimation by removal of variables instantaneously. Why else would I approach the door that fast? If he were Si base he'd maybe thinking of some thing in his mind. I'm raising this to think about a possible typing question(s) to understand and differentiate without having people talk about whether they like war and why, which does not work.
    I will say I am out my depth on this one until I get some inspiration, or not.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spacific example of this is a few nights ago I stayed over at my LSE and I jumped out of bed to head to the door he said "going to pee?" I thought, while most people find this funny, Te. Scrams of Te base. Not that I'm trying to type him but outward observation of action and estimation by removal of variables instantaneously. Why else would I approach the door that fast? If he were Si base he'd maybe thinking of some thing in his mind. I'm raising this to think about a possible typing question(s) to understand and differentiate without having people talk about whether they like war and why, which does not work.
    I see.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waster View Post
    I see.
    You're SLI. Let's say your gf is in the bedroom and dashes for the door. What are you saying or thinking at that moment?
    -

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're SLI. Let's say your gf is in the bedroom and dashes for the door. What are you saying or thinking at that moment?
    Am I in bed asleep when this happens or wide awake?

- Stellaris

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Am I in bed asleep when this happens or wide awake?
    Awake
    -

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awake
    I'd think to myself 'that's strange'. Proceed to do nothing.

When/if she returns ask her why she left in such a hurry.

OR

I'd think to myself 'that's strange'. Proceed to follow her because I'm curious and playful.

50/50.

- Stellaris

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this confirms for me I'm not your dual.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'd think to myself 'that's strange'. Proceed to do nothing.

When/if she returns ask her why she left in such a hurry.

OR

I'd think to myself 'that's strange'. Proceed to follow her because I'm curious and playful.

50/50.
    That makes sense. While you're observing the movement you're not really doing Te first which is compartmentalizing the action. The strangeness of the movement may be because of it's sudden intensity causing feelings to you, possibly (?)

I'm thinking of a question to ask that would give a better picture of the two now.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

With regard to "lazy LSE" you can still watch and be super observant of actions sitting on your ass or laying in bed. Not feeling like doing something could be from genuine tiredness, emotional stress, any number of things but it doesn't mean that LSE can shut the observation part off.
    -

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The strangeness of the movement may be because of it's sudden intensity causing feelings to you, possibly (?)
    I don't know about feelings, but it seems kind of odd for her to rush to the door without obvious reason.

- Stellaris

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE fixes the sink, replaces shitty hose, thinks about making a sandwhich but doesnt and instead watches an episode of survivor before going to his second job.
    -Typical lazy LSE day.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know about feelings, but it seems kind of odd for her to rush to the door without obvious reason.
    So maybe the key is in the "reasons" which maybe a way of judging
    -

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as SLI are pure awesomeness, their wait and see habits drive me bonkers.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So maybe the key is in the "reasons" which maybe a way of judging
    I'd look at it from a logical standpoint, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    As much as SLI are pure awesomeness, their wait and see habits drive me bonkers.
    What type are you?

- Stellaris

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on who you ask around here, no joke. Myself? not entirely sure.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

By now you'll have came back to bed and went to sleep Maritsa

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I can be very lazy for long periods of time. It's more often than not a restless laziness though, not a content laziness. I think sometimes there's a physical cause though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    By now you'll have came back to bed and went to sleep Maritsa
    What?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What?
    It was taking a long time to get your answer, by the time people had figured out what you were doing you'd have came back

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not lazy

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlaxSeed View Post
    I am not lazy
    I don't want it to seem like lse are unproductive which certainly they are. I am saying that going by what they feel like doing that sometimes they would rather ditch the choirs. How about that?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't want it to seem like lse are unproductive which certainly they are. I am saying that going by what they feel like doing that sometimes they would rather ditch the choirs. How about that?
    He is just one LSE Maritsa not them all

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He is just one LSE Maritsa not them all
    True
    -

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

typo?
    SEE

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what Maritsa means is that while LSEs aren't unproductive per se, but that compared to a seasoned SLI such as myself, who has mastered the ability not to waste time in vain, pursuing useless tasks and people, one might under a certain unsavoury light mistake the humble LSE as a worthless and unremunerative lout.
    Last edited by Waster; 12-03-2014 at 02:04 PM.

- Stellaris

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm SLI after all. (I think it's just about being a C subtype though.)
    SEE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    typo?
    Yes. I meant that they are productive
    -

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss beer.
    SEE

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Of the LSEs I know, when they unwind & relax, they seem to have a tendency to drink beer moreso than other types I know. I think there's a slight attraction for them to still be 'doing something' even when they're trying to relax, so they like the idea of 'drinking beer' as an action to symbolize their decision to relax.
    Yes, my LSE-Te brother can't seem to relax without drinking or listening to music. Whereas I can pretty much just flop around on my bed doing nothing.

I told him once he doesn't know how to relax. \o/

- Stellaris

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, my LSE-Te brother can't seem to relax without drinking or listening to music. Whereas I can pretty much just flop around on my bed doing nothing.

I told him once he doesn't know how to relax. \o/
    Do you not get restless?

Relaxing to me is doing something relaxing, doing nothing is like torture lol

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you not get restless?

Relaxing to me is doing something relaxing, doing nothing is like torture lol
    Nope. On the contrary, feeling like I have to do something while relaxing is torturous for me when I become aware of it.

- Stellaris

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LSE can be TOTALLY LAZY which drives me nuts. He can just sit in front of TV/computer drinking beer (yes, that's true!) while I'm doing all the tasks. When I ask him to do sth he will say "tomorrow" or "not now". It's really annoying, there's so much to do with a little baby at home. When I ask him about it he says with a smile that he's not "doing nothing" he's planning things he has to do at work.
    If he has do wash his things he'll do it on Sunday at midnight and then turn all the radiators on to have them dry in the morning. It sounds funny but it really isn't. Good thing is that he's rather relaxed so when I'm getting angry it is at least calming me down a bit.
    My answer is DEFINITELY YES. But mine is LSE- Si so I'm sometimes wondering if I'm not more rational than he is - his rationality has never been an issue in our relationship.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    My LSE can be TOTALLY LAZY which drives me nuts. He can just sit in front of TV/computer drinking beer (yes, that's true!) while I'm doing all the tasks. When I ask him to do sth he will say "tomorrow" or "not now". It's really annoying, there's so much to do with a little baby at home. When I ask him about it he says with a smile that he's not "doing nothing" he's planning things he has to do at work.
    If he has do wash his things he'll do it on Sunday at midnight and then turn all the radiators on to have them dry in the morning. It sounds funny but it really isn't. Good thing is that he's rather relaxed so when I'm getting angry it is at least calming me down a bit.
    My answer is DEFINITELY YES. But mine is LSE- Si so I'm sometimes wondering if I'm not more rational than he is - his rationality has never been an issue in our relationship.
    Ver, have you read up on what it means to activate someones Si? I feel that you're often frustrated, resentful, and incompatible with your husband. What LSE do well is not being bossed aroud first and foremost. Secondly, they can take on tasks and lastly why arent you doinf any Si? I often wonder if you're SEE
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    What you are describing with your husband is relations of benefit....

Beneficiary experiences activation in the presence of benefactor, tries to help him, to do something. He understands the needs of his partner very well, but reciprocity exists only in the beginning. Over time the harmony in these relations breaks down for the reason that benefactor is dismissive of the arguments and conclusions of beneficiary, and even tries to impose his own point of view and control his behavior. However, beneficiary feels that it is difficult for him to refuse in anything for such an admirable, authoritative partner. This inequality in future may lead to arguments, at which time the beneficiary will wish to distance from the benefactor.*The benefactor perceives his partner as someone who needs his protection, patronage, and advice. He appeals to the desire of the beneficiary to understand him and help him in difficult situations, but from his point of view the assistance is not effective, thus he involuntarily underestimates the abilities of beneficiary or starts increasing his demands. The benefactor can partially take on the execution of responsibilities/work, but over time he becomes tired on this and loses interest in his partner. Benefactor may feel irritation because he is unable to understand the requests and needs of the beneficiary. Beneficiary, in turn, trying to reach an understanding, can begin to over-dramatize the situation. He feels that the benefactor is not considering his interests and may make attempts to re-educate his partner, but this proves to be useless. The benefactor still does not understand what was wanted of him.The matter can end with break up of relations if the beneficiary does not accept his role and continues finding faults with the benefactor instead of simply helping him accomplish common tasks or projects. Mutual work is what unites this pair, in this case the relationship becomes stimulating and productive.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ver, have you read up on what it means to activate someones Si? I feel that you're often frustrated, resentful, and incompatible with your husband. What LSE do well is not being bossed aroud first and foremost. Secondly, they can take on tasks and lastly why arent you doinf any Si? I often wonder if you're SEE
    Hm, I don't feel incompatible with him - just the opposite. What do you mean by: why aren't you doing any Si? If I understand you correctly, you ask me whether we connect on Si/Ne. My answer is yes of course, in a lot a lot of ways. When it comes you you saying I'm SEE I know you didn't mean it but it sounded a bit like an accusation to me . I just don't like being around Se leading people for longer periods of time and I wouldn't like to be one.
    However, I'm wondering what's your reasoning because it must be based on my vibe or something I've written, or maybe VI? I'm open to answer your questions if you want to retype me However, I highly I doubt I could change my opinion on my typing. There were Times I somehow hoped I was a different type (especially when I was in incompatible relationships) but this one seem to fit the most. And I learned to like it . And I feel it's appreciated in my current relationship - just the way I am - my partner seems to accept or even not notice all of the things I used to hate about myself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast