Thread: Type me via a questionnaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me via a questionnaire

-Hi there. I have done this questionnaire on another forum, but it's dead so I figured I could take advantage of the resources over here since people are getting a lot of posts on their typing threads.

What is beauty? What is love?
    My first reaction is to say that I never think about beauty. It's more or less an empty word, and awkward for me to say. I don't think I'd ever use it and feel comfortable saying it. Things that are eye-pleasing to me, though, are smart and clean designs, along with the flat texture, on things like books(also the cold feeling), some websites, user interfaces, logos. This doesn't apply to cars, statues, basically 3D things. Doesn't apply to people unless their clothing makes them appear this way. Both white and black are potent colors for this effect.

Love is something I used to be naive about. My naive definition was replaced by a better, more personal understanding. Love is the feeling that makes you want to always be supportive of somebody and gives you joy in the smallest things that you do together. It also has some negative effects on me, particularly wishful thinking. At one point I let my feelings lead me into researching literal soulmates and twin flames like that. And that, along with my interest as a teenager in mysterious symbolism and secret orders and prophecies and things like that, was one of the only obsessions in my life where rationality has not entered. I couldn't have asked myself if it was true at that point- I just didn't care if it was. I think if I fell in love again, I'd go back to that place all over again.

What are your most important values?
    I try to be honorable. I try not to upset the existing social structure. Behind closed doors I don't approve of many of the things in the social structure, and I don't approve of my attitudes, but I just don't find it worthwhile enough to challenge them at this point. In some ways, my internal world and my external world are opposites. So I guess that crosses integrity off the list.

What causes me to break this is when somebody is threatening my ability to act freely. I become as slippery as I can, verbally, physically, mentally, when someone is attempting to put structure on me. Attempts to make me do something I see as needless or unjust or upsetting my ability to be comfortable make me pretty angry internally. Seems pretty generic...hmm. Sorry, I can't think of anything good. I don't hold to many values, I just adjust my actions to my wants.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    No, I wasn't raised to be around religion or spirituality in any sense, besides some wishful thinking. If someone attempted to make me believe in god I would sort of instinctively dismiss it. In high school, I got into the intellectual crowd and developed my own arguments for atheism. I argued with my Christian friends, getting them to convert for a while. I have a feeling it was more of a phase for them, because they always chose to believe in god again a few months afterwards. 2 or 3 years ago, I dropped the label atheist and started calling myself an agnostic, which I believe is a more rational position.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

In conception, they are a useful tool to keep the justice. But the problem is that some people don't care about justice, and people hijack justice to mean the stupidest things, in my opinion.

Power is just the ability to control/influence. The ability to have ability. Power is soaked into human mindsets all the way through. We're all fighting for all own pieces, some greedier than others. From this view, things like pacifism and charity are no more moral than sadism and greed. What path you take is simply the path that has been selected for you.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Religion. Psychology. Sociology. Philosophy. Communism. End-games of Capitalism. Other economic topics. Why people do the things they do, basically. I think there is definitely a humanistic bent to my interests. It is just what is easy to me, and comes naturally. I can like math, but it takes me longer to understand and if I were to talk about it it would only be to flesh out what is already known but that I don't understand. Purer formal systems are really taxing to me, in the sense that I have to first locate my logic for them. After that...dealing with formal systems is doable, but it's just not a mode I'm usually in, and not something I've gained appreciation for.

I also like videogames, and doing things that I shouldn't for the adrenaline rush.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Yeah, I'm interested in learning about the body. I am a bit of a hypochondriac. If I even get the passing thought that I have a health problem, I typically worry a lot about it and go straight to the computer to research it. This has a calming effect.

I like hearing/reading experiences of people taking various drugs and learning about them that way.

What do you think of daily chores?
    I only do the ones I want to do. I resist doing them for other people unless it's a special circumstance. Sometimes doing them for people as a surprise makes me feel good.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I've been reading a Song of Ice and Fire since 2010. About to finish A Feast for Crows now. I like to take it slow. I also liked Dune, Foundation, list 90 more sci fi books here. Science Fiction books are pretty much guaranteed excitement to me. End of Eternity by Asimov is my favorite. Fantasy books less so, even though I appreciate some.

I also like sitting down and puzzling out philosophy. I bought Critique of Pure Reason at age 20, 3 years ago. Not done yet... but every time I think about sitting down and drilling it into my head, I get motivated and do a little at a time. I also like Nietzsche and the existentialists. I bought Myth of Sisyphus at age 16 and found somebody saying exactly what had been echoing in me pretty much all my life. The world is Absurd. When I think about things, I always come to the conclusion that meaning is not knowable, and naturalistic explanations are my backup, for their ease of translation to others. It's complicated, so I won't say anymore than that or I'll be writing an essay's worth.

Kurt Vonnegut is probably the easiest author for me to read at this point in my life. I've gone on a spree and read half of the books he wrote in 3 months. The imagery is insane. I like how sparse the books are on descriptions, because my imagination doesn't like other things to control it

What has made you cry? What has made you smile?
    Pent up frustration and anger. Death of my dad,grandpa,etc. Moving, which I do a lot of.
    Something clever. Something funny. My random mental jokes and strange behaviors that freak people out. When talking to someone I'm crushing on. Not much else.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Driving on a highway. Silence, freedom, I'm not around people, and they can't easily get me to be around them, and the driving itself is the perfect amount of stimulation. Sometimes I like to go fast

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    They think I'm arrogant. I don't know that I am. I have good intentions and I try to respond to politeness in kind. But I guess I'm a bit of a know-it-all, which makes them think that. I argue with people a lot, because I love learning and mind-melding with people, but they hate it.
    I'm very passive. I don't go out of my way to get things in the world, because I generally just want to be left alone and be in peace.Sometimes I activate, when my curiosity is sparked or someone needs help to understand something, I get very energized. Also the aforementioned resistance to control and the occasional bouts of adrenaline-seeking energize me. Passivity is both a weakness people see in me and that I see in me and dislike.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    While they think I'm arrogant, they also think I'm intelligent. I think concepts and situations through: very, very far, and for long periods of time, central questions don't leave my head.
    Although I'm passive, when I set out to do something of my own volition, I am very responsible and conscientious about it. School work doesn't count, nor does work for an employer. I have to be at least mildly enthusiastic about the work, and then whether I'm under someone or not doesn't matter.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Networking. The process of getting hired is a process that makes ZERO sense to me. It makes me frustrated just to think of how illogical and so absolutely false, false, false, the supposed indicators of a good employee are.

I also wouldn't mind someone who isn't arrogant(at least what I consider to be arrogant) to stick around for say... my lifetime? and talk ideas with me.

Ever feel stuck in a rut?If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

I get stuck in ruts because of my passivity and social fear. My reaction to it is passivity and social fear, only breaking the cycle long enough to do things I need to survive, when needed. It's not depression, I don't think. Just anxiety.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    People with sharp minds, decency, and shocking senses of humor.
    I dislike people who are too laid back to give a crap, people who are too high strung to see anything beyond themselves, and people who pay too much attention to the rules.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    They aren't big deals to me, sex especially. Romance, on second thought, is kind of a big deal, but I've been burned too many times to expect anything satisfactory. Love and romance and whatever should be simple. But I am good at generating doubts. The doubts overwhelm me, and I don't see reality clearly. So I break relationships off in order to continue my sanity.

Qualities in a partner are generic: someone enthralling to talk to, someone who doesn't lie, someone who supports me. I'm really a simple man if only women could live up to my simple demands

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I want to make sure they know all of what I know by the time they are in their late teens so they can improve on my life and become even smarter than I was. I want to make sure they are safe and don't do things that will get them killed.

My answers feel so generic, but I'm trying not to lie and embellish too much! I'm too good at making myself look like the type I want to be.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I argue. Of course.
    Inwardly: 'Fucking kidding me?

Although it depends on how severe the difference is. I have entertained and seen the validity of a lot of different beliefs. Usually it just comes down to what you value at the time, what is most active in your mind, what is most important in your view. And of course these three things usually change for people a lot. So sometimes I don't argue.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Those people are out there doing their things, making it easy for me to take advantage of them and get by on the least work possible. Nice people(pats head of the symbolic person representing all the little busy worker bees).

Also, those people are stupid and make no sense. They take a really long time to learn things. Some of them are pretentious and pay attention to vacuous crap and call it culture. Hmm, I really don't know if I can think of a good connotation.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    See above for the qualities I like in people. I behave more like myself than in formal situations, although I'm a pretty boring person as you can probably tell, and I must wear a persona even around them. It gets to be more work than it is worth. We play games, tell jokes, and help each other out with life issues. We go do things we shouldn't be doing.

How do you behave around strangers?I'm extremely reserved and I try not to draw attention to myself. The situation makes me uncomfortable and I try to withdraw as soon as I can. Sometimes, if I get the right vibe from the person, I'll engage them in discussion and we'll go to my happy place where I understand the world. Or I might learn something new from them. But 9 times out of 10, I just look at them and watch their mouth move, because I really don't give a fuck about what they have to say.

If you need to know anything specific, just ask, I'll be watching this.
    Last edited by akash; 03-24-2014 at 10:36 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first impression is Gamma NT, probably ILI. But I could be totally wrong. Some things seemed to hint at Fi and Te though, not so much on Ti and Fe.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    My first impression is Gamma NT, probably ILI. But I could be totally wrong. Some things seemed to hint at Fi and Te though, not so much on Ti and Fe.
    Damnit! That's exactly the type I thought I was making myself look like(not on purpose).

Also... not damnit? Because it could be the truth

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akash View Post
    Damnit! That's exactly the type I thought I was making myself look like(not on purpose).

Also... not damnit? Because it could be the truth
    That's the problem with questionnaires. Nevermind... You self-type yourself as ILI? Well, maybe you are one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the problem with questionnaires. Nevermind... You self-type yourself as ILI? Well, maybe you are one.
    No, but I can't help from saying to myself "you're seeming like X type" and then adapting to it through key words I've seen and stuff subconsciously, thus making myself come across a certain way. It happens every time I do a questionnaire- for mbti, enneagram, whatever. It's annoying. Makes me wonder if I have a type yet.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but I can't help from saying to myself "you're seeming like X type" and then adapting to it through key words I've seen and stuff subconsciously, thus making myself come across a certain way. It happens every time I do a questionnaire- for mbti, enneagram, whatever. It's annoying. Makes me wonder if I have a type yet.
    Well, be true to yourself. You could probably ask one of the more experienced typer to do an interview with you. Having to answer directly would prevent you from preparing answers or subconsciously trying to use key words.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, be true to yourself. You could probably ask one of the more experienced typer to do an interview with you. Having to answer directly would prevent you from preparing answers or subconsciously trying to use key words.
    Hmm.. Is that like a site function or do I have to catch their interest and do it personally?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. Is that like a site function or do I have to catch their interest and do it personally?
    I guess, you have to catch their interest. :/

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ooh weird synch with Dune. I just got an urge to add a quote to my sig. If you feel brave enough to post in Gamma quadra and feel at home then I would start there. I try to stay out of their way, with the exception of a few, of course.

Welcome to the forum.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Ooh weird synch with Dune. I just got an urge to add a quote to my sig. If you feel brave enough to post in Gamma quadra and feel at home then I would start there. I try to stay out of their way, with the exception of a few, of course.

Welcome to the forum.
    Are they intimidating, no-nonsense people? I can be like that sometimes...completely opposite others.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Are they intimidating, no-nonsense people? I can be like that sometimes...completely opposite others.
    I've said too much already...

and my new signature does not please my sense of beauty and balance. heh

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said too much already...

and my new signature does not please my sense of beauty and balance. heh
    It seems fine. Maybe remove the second quote or put one above the tracks and one below..

and damn, I was hoping that I'd be able to rush to conclusions haha

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Thank you, that's what I was thinking too.

Typing is an interesting phenomenon, to say the least.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

At one point I let my feelings lead me into researching literal soulmates and twin flames like that. And that, along with my interest as a teenager in mysterious symbolism and secret orders and prophecies and things like that, was one of the only obsessions in my life where rationality has not entered. I couldn't have asked myself if it was true at that point- I just didn't care if it was. I think if I fell in love again, I'd go back to that place all over again.
    This is me but I see nothing irrational about it and have not outgrown it. heh As for ILI, Maybe look into further.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is me but I see nothing irrational about it and have not outgrown it. heh As for ILI, Maybe look into further.
    I just prefer to put my hopes in surer things. For me, it was putting me on a string, limiting my ability to escape from harmful situations because I used it as a way to rationalize when things got bad. As far as the symbols and conspiracies... I was interested in using them to explain world events that otherwise didn't seem human. Why can't people just not be assholes to each other? is it really that difficult? There MUST be someone else doing this to us, to them. Sometimes I pick up a tarot deck and try to get some guidance when I'm not sure of what to do, but I have to stop the daydreaming and remind myself I'm just rationalizing, and using it to escape making hard decisions and doing scary stuff.

ILI seems pretty accurate, except for one thing: wanting someone exciting in my life. I don't think I could do that every day.

From an Si role description: Rather than spend their time trying to "take it easy on themselves" and turning back to listen to their internal states, they need clear external actions and demands that direct their attention outside of themselves, towards concrete reality, and thus conquer and dispel their sense of detachment, uncertainty and hesitation.

I may need this, but I sure as hell don't want it.

From Se suggestive: This individual appreciates proactive, energetic, confident individuals who by their personal example can inspire him to activity and a greater appreciation of his physical environment.

These people just annoy me... Except, people who encourage me to try things I've already wanted to try. Don't ask me to go to a mall or do go with you somewhere where I'm just going to be bored all day...hell no. I wonder if that counts?

For the rest of the descriptions in that article...they are pretty dead on and reflect a lot of what I've been thinking about myself lately. But every time I think that, it doesn't stick and I can convince myself of something else two weeks later. Irrelevant I guess, but frustrating. Errr... well I guess that settles it. ILI it is. As long as the other descriptions I read don't dissuade me.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I can agree with much of what you say but I am not as "logical" in my interpretation as you are. I rarely look at anything as a "sure thing". I am open to any number of outcomes but I get a feel for what is most probable in relation to what choices are being made in the moment. I use tarot often to confirm or deny my impressions. It is usually extremely accurate unless I am unfocused. Sometimes I get a different card than I was "expecting" then I go through a bunch of emotions and curse the forces of evil that are working against me. Then I formulate a new plan to get what I want or realize it wasn't so important after all. Sometimes my wants oppose each other and it seems impossible to have some cake and be able to eat it. If my desire is strong enough nothing can stop me.

I always creatively find the nuances and I am less, literal? when reading descriptions. Constant excitement would drive me crazy. My tolerance levels can be high but I have shut it all off and be alone or I would be a mess. I could not live in a hectic home.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can agree with much of what you say but I am not as "logical" in my interpretation as you are. I rarely look at anything as a "sure thing". I am open to any number of outcomes but I get a feel for what is most probable in relation to what choices are being made in the moment. I use tarot often to confirm or deny my impressions. It is usually extremely accurate unless I am unfocused. Sometimes I get a different card than I was "expecting" then I go through a bunch of emotions and curse the forces of evil that are working against me. Then I formulate a new plan to get what I want or realize it wasn't so important after all. Sometimes my wants oppose each other and it seems impossible to have some cake and be able to eat it. If my desire is strong enough nothing can stop me.

I always creatively find the nuances and I am less, literal? when reading descriptions. Constant excitement would drive me crazy. My tolerance levels can be high but I have shut it all off and be alone or I would be a mess. I could not live in a hectic home.
    Saying that it is surer was poor word choice on my part. Just less cluttered, less things to sort through once I actually have to do something. Less excuses/doubts I can use to talk myself out of things I need to do.

I find the most of the descriptions hard to navigate because of how vague they are. If you break it down into a checklist, you can see which parts are clearly off or missing(that's why I like the articles with each IE in each function spot). That's just me. How do you mean you creatively find the nuances?

Are you IEI btw?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Saying that it is surer was poor word choice on my part. Just less cluttered, less things to sort through once I actually have to do something. Less excuses/doubts I can use to talk myself out of things I need to do.

I find the most of the descriptions hard to navigate because of how vague they are. If you break it down into a checklist, you can see which parts are clearly off or missing(that's why I like the articles with each IE in each function spot). That's just me. How do you mean you creatively find the nuances?

Are you IEI btw?
    Yes, within the forum I consider myself IEI but outside the forum I guess I have a much broader definition of self. As far as nuances...you had to ask. hahah Ok I will see if I can explain. I will read that a type is a leader and often they define leader in a very specific way and I say to myself well that is limiting. There are a variety of ways to show leadership then I make all kinds of random associations of what I consider leadership and find my own meaning in the words I read. Sometimes it is so subtle but just what I need to say. oh I can see that quality in this person. Aggressiveness too. It can be expressed in a myriad of ways and it is not synonymous with being a total jerk and idiot. I have been pursued by aggressive people in such a way that they almost convinced me, when all was settled, that I went after them...I think they do that, at times, just to maintain their image of being too cool. hahah I prefer aggression but it has to be the right kind. I don't need a neanderthal in my life unless we are rolepaying.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, within the forum I consider myself IEI but outside the forum I guess I have a much broader definition of self. As far as nuances...you had to ask. hahah Ok I will see if I can explain. I will read that a type is a leader and often they define leader in a very specific way and I say to myself well that is limiting. There are a variety of ways to show leadership then I make all kinds of random associations of what I consider leadership and find my own meaning in the words I read. Sometimes it is so subtle but just what I need to say. oh I can see that quality in this person. Aggressiveness too. It can be expressed in a myriad of ways and it is not synonymous with being a total jerk and idiot. I have been pursued by aggressive people in such a way that they almost convinced me, when all was settled, that I went after them...I think they do that, at times, just to maintain their image of being too cool. hahah I prefer aggression but it has to be the right kind. I don't need a neanderthal in my life unless we are rolepaying.
    Oh I do that, too. I hate it because I can see the associations stretching into the distance, and I only get the examples of the ones right in front of me, which may contradict the ones at the back. And then I start telling people how their words mean nothing and are never the full story, so we should all just stop worrying about shit and sit down and wait to die. Or a good alternative is hedonism without being a bastard while you're at it.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Oh I do that, too. I hate it.
    it's an introverted and intuitive thing, I believe. And it is one of the things I love about myself.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so there have been no more replies. does anyone have any questions you'd like to ask? or does it seem to be fairly clear I'm an ILI. And if you're just disinterested, say so, it'll help in a roundabout way.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I imagine your handwriting to be written with measured strokes and flicks and generally a strong degree of composure, and yet I also picture you potentially stabbing someone with a nib ...you are hard for me to get a sense of. The question and answer for "What has made you cry?" for example can completely skew things for no real reason.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

ILI seems pretty accurate, except for one thing: wanting someone exciting in my life. I don't think I could do that every day.
    If that is the only thing that bothers you about it I wouldn't worry about it not being 100%. hahah I would probably challenge anyone making a serious claim that an entire description fit them perfectly, if I were in the right mood. I would probably think that they were trying to portray themselves as the ideal image of said type.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that is the only thing that bothers you about it I wouldn't worry about it not being 100%. hahah I would probably challenge anyone making a serious claim that an entire description fit them perfectly, if I were in the right mood. I would probably think that they were trying to portray themselves as the ideal image of said type.
    My problem is that I'm never sure. I'm often a new person every day. I have this nagging idea that I'm not approaching type "deeply" enough. I am still interested in getting other people's guesses though. Subteigh saying I'm hard to read is bad, and part of the reason I'm trying to find my type is to identify facets about myself I can leverage to help me come off better in diplomatic situations, like job interviews and schmoozing for work purposes and all that. I am morally against these things, but they do not seem to be an option.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I imagine your handwriting to be written with measured strokes and flicks and generally a strong degree of composure, and yet I also picture you potentially stabbing someone with a nib ...you are hard for me to get a sense of. The question and answer for "What has made you cry?" for example can completely skew things for no real reason.
    I have the same problems understanding me. I often feel like who I am differs to one day from the next, because I'm very open and like to "try on hats" for optimization purposes. And also just because I'm not really connected with any one part of myself. There are certain limits, such as not being able to deal with people who solely argue with their feelings.

If you have a question you think would help, please voice it.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I scanned your questionnaire the first time. I am going to read it now.

YWIMW

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I thought you were clearly a bookish person who was able to choose to do things when there was to wish to, but not to always be compelled. You seem quite a dry kind of person not driven particularly by compulsion but by the flow of things. I didn't have the mind to consider ILI, which you seem to be adopting .

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh, perhaps describe the manner in which you attempt to be slippery

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you were clearly a bookish person who was able to choose to do things when there was to wish to, but not to always be compelled. You seem quite a dry kind of person not driven particularly by compulsion but by the flow of things. I didn't have the mind to consider ILI, which you seem to be adopting .
    I'm open to all suggestions. It sharpens my mind haha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, perhaps describe the manner in which you attempt to be slippery
    I can arrange people's mindsets of me beforehand to make sure they know I'm not one to be coerced. I can change my wording to make people change their minds. I can simply ignore people. Most of all, however, I argue. I expend a lot of energy getting people to see my side of things, and disarming them by making them think that their request is unjust, or harmful to me. I imagine I'm pretty unpleasant because I'm used to arguing, being blunt, and not wasting much energy being diplomatic, unless I'm walking a tightrope.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

there have actually been interesting people showing up here lately. you remind me of an old poster named korp who was definitely Ni-ILI but hopefully its only superficial. if you are representing yourself accurately, then i don't think there's reason to doubt ILI. ive gone through the same thing with not being able to feel where i might be overidentifying with a type or presenting myself a certain way and the only way to make my brain stop spinning was to think how i only exist in the present and i define and create myself so in that way its really impossible to not be who you are. so..ILI.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I scanned your questionnaire the first time. I am going to read it now.
    Very much appreciated

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    there have actually been interesting people showing up here lately. you remind me of an old poster named korp who was definitely Ni-ILI but hopefully its only superficial. if you are representing yourself accurately, then i don't think there's reason to doubt ILI. ive gone through the same thing with not being able to feel where i might be overidentifying with a type or presenting myself a certain way and the only way to make my brain stop spinning was to think how i only exist in the present and i define and create myself so in that way its really impossible to not be who you are. so..ILI.
    the thing is, I can't quite delineate my mental processes. This has been a large part of my problem in figuring out my type in any system. I learn things from all different sources and then put them together in my head and it makes it hard to tell whether something is the chicken or the egg.

Thanks for your response.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the thing is, I can't quite delineate my mental processes.
    i seriously doubt anybody can.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i seriously doubt anybody can.
    Oh, sorry, I misinterpreted what you were saying. Yeah, I agree, examining yourself should be in the way of first experiencing something and then seeing if it conforms to some sort of perception,logic,system, and not created FOR the system. Because then you're just looking into false mirrors.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

um, thats not really what i was saying, but i need to sleep, maybe i'll post tomorrow.