Thread: Gamma derail

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I figured calling out Adam publicly would bring out the mras but it also brought out a couple people who see it and understand and that makes it okay. I'm having a good day and I don't think there's anything left to say in this thread. Thank you @squark and @Aylen!
    Oops was writing before I saw your post. I would have let it go. <3 I am not going to say anything else unless Bert has more to add.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If lungs is willing to set off a lunatic like bert on a moral rampage so that the first new post I see when opening up the forum is more of his screeching in a drama thread that should've been locked a long time ago, I'm only going to be more indifferent to the "crime" she's trying to highlight. Like, fuck, I don't care if Adam committed a murder. Nothing merits a shitshow like this thread.

Opening up the lid to the septic tank is a really bad way to draw the right kind of attention to a serious issue.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anybody actually believes that Bertrand is going after Adam due to some legitimate moral indignation. I mean this guy simply has not been shown to be a good judge of morality and moral character. He himself seems to be pretty amoral. Actually I have no idea why he is so obsessed with Adam, just as I have no idea why he used to be so obsessed with me. I guess it's his irrational hostility within himself that he needs to check, before getting into a forum full of people and creating tons of conflicts with everyone everywhere he goes. The problem is with Bertrand, and not the entire forum or even the entire world. How long it will take for him to "get" this, I don't know, but seems like this point needs to be pummelled into him.

In a way he kind of reminds me of Maritsa... where he's like a Godzilla sowing destruction everywhere he goes, acting as if he's the only moral arbiter of the forum and somehow thinking that he has the sole moral authority, and then when he's criticized for his obnoxious, immature and unreasonable behavior, he blames others and plays victim, although not as obvious and Christ-like as Maritsa, lol.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my advice is the same to you boys as it is to Adam, which is: live a lie at your own peril

and to the children: choose your father wisely

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    If lungs is willing to set off a lunatic like bert on a moral rampage so that the first new post I see when opening up the forum is more of his screeching in a drama thread that should've been locked a long time ago, I'm only going to be more indifferent to the "crime" she's trying to highlight. Like, fuck, I don't care if Adam committed a murder. Nothing merits a shitshow like this thread.

Opening up the lid to the septic tank is a really bad way to draw the right kind of attention to a serious issue.
    I set you off too didn't I? Damn I'm good. It's all me, baby.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    it would be nice if they could just come right out and say, "yeah this whole thing is a sham, but its our comfy sham we've grown accustomed to, so stop messing with it"

the entire unfolding of this thing is like a case study in how Si functions in people's opinions on what's proper and what isn't... every single person here who has taken up Adams defense either explicitly or implicitly can be seen to have higher Si > Se dimensionality [1], and this is how I've always known I'm not ILI, cause when the chips are down, they can pretend to be smarter than the crowd, and criticize away, they will side with the mob if their own comfort is at stake every time. same thing with EII IEI etc. so much for ethics. this is the basis for scapegoating in general that gets the ethical seal of approval. it flows both ways though, but the wailing and gnashing of teeth is incredible when the weak outnumber the strong and the strong nevertheless get their way. they would do well to remember their stance here and now when in other aspects of their life they find themselves being pushed around and wonder how someone could do such a thing.
    This is rich coming from a guy who has made an entire forum career out of scapegoating people... Even lungs said that you were scapegoating at one point. First you scapegoat the "evil Betas", and now you scapegoat "evil Adam", because well, he's not scary and he doesn't fight back.

So, nice projection, Bertrand.

I guess this is some kind of poetic justice, where you are tasting your own medicine, where all your nasty behavior is coming right back at you. So yes, justice DOES prevail! It just happens to be that justice doesn't side with you, necessarily.

And now you come up with some more bullshit and excuses, like "we must fight the status quo!!". Are you by any chance a politician? Your sophism and bullshit is on the level of a particularly slimy politician who throw excuses after excuses whenever they're caught with their lies and bullshit...

not to mention certain posters who are all about exposing things seem to be conspicuously silent. I imagine the deal is many recognize it in principle as being possible, but object to exposing it or taking sides for other reasons, which I imagine revolve largely around Si valuing

I'm pretty sure what you imagine and how things actually are are two different things.

people like chae actually probably have the balls to speak out but are silent precisely because they value Si too. they likewise see this to be fishy but at the same time their hands are tied because they value the status quo, its probably why they try to aim at global issues because they want to prevent things from ever getting to this state, because by this point its too late for them to help and theyre likewise bound to the mob
    Yeah, she definitely doesn't care about some drama that you have created inside of your own head.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought we said goodbye? or is this for everyone else's benefit now?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this was a predictable response. Bertrand went a little too hard on Adam Strange for people to listen. People, usually, decide to against the more obvious asshole, even if in many cases the subtle one is worse.

For the reasons mentioned, I don't take Adam seriously. His Vi has even contradicted itself on occasion. Literally wrong within itself. But he can confidently post things claiming people are certain types. I wish he would stop commenting on type altogether.

Adam, I think the saddest part about all this is that you can't reliably type an ESI. Most likely, you are going after people of different types, and your odds of ending up with an ESI are fairly low. It would be in your best interest to take a more student role, and defer from the typing process until you understand the theory and can apply it a little better.

What do you expect though, by and large the majority of forum-goers here are uneducated and uninterested in being educated.
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

naw its good to get people to double down on their position, so when the truth reveals itself they can't try to convince themselves they had any other position than the one they so thoroughly committed to

in the real world, a lion would eat you. if someone learns anything on the forums in whatever infinitesimal form of aggression plays itself out there, first, then that's a good thing. a lot of this decrying of aggression is because people know it to be shameful in that they lack the will to answer the call to action, so they attack it at its root as illegitimate, so as only to momentarily feel better. it is a creative Fe and Te thing in action from young people, who are scared, supported in part by overly caring mother figures, who are essentially smothering their children by encouraging this

this is 21st century psycho drama at its finest, people are all in whether they admit it or not

anyway, I know it wasn't for my benefit, but I really liked your post Slade
    Last edited by Bertrand; 08-04-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i have a large penis

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    i have a large penis
    ya? my penis is larger.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    ya? my penis is larger.
    Mine is the largest.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lesson learned: If someone has a larger penis than you, it does not follow that you lack one.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Well, this was a predictable response. Bertrand went a little too hard on Adam Strange for people to listen. People, usually, decide to against the more obvious asshole, even if in many cases the subtle one is worse.

What do you expect though, by and large the majority of forum-goers here are uneducated and uninterested in being educated.
    I think people can decide for themselves what they think about Adam, without being told how they should feel about him. I don't think most of us are children around here. Anyway I hardly think that this is about Adam anymore.

And yeah, maybe Bertrand is such an obnoxious ass that it makes people want to retaliate and defend whatever he attacks. Saying "people are addicted to the status quo and are afraid of aggression!!" (lol) would be just missing the point (as if aggression in of itself was always somehow more "right", as if talking in a civilized way is somehow less legitimate or meaningful). I mean it's kind of amusing how much excuses like those that he can come up with, but ok. Had lungs or some other people brought it up, at least they would have more credibility than Bertrand. Bertrand is just making things worse I'm afraid.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    I think people can decide for themselves what they think about Adam, without being told how they should feel about him. I don't think most of us are children around here. Anyway I hardly think that this is about Adam anymore.

And yeah, maybe Bertrand is such an obnoxious ass that it makes people want to retaliate and defend whatever he attacks. Saying "people are addicted to the status quo and are afraid of aggression!!" (lol) would be just missing the point (as if aggression in of itself was always somehow more "right", as if talking in a civilized way is somehow less legitimate or meaningful). I mean it's kind of amusing how much excuses like those that he can come up with, but ok. Had lungs or some other people brought it up, at least they would have more credibility than Bertrand. Bertrand is just making things worse I'm afraid.
    Maybe, but this is kind of missing the point. I saw the initial post as frustration not necessarily about Adam, but of stereotypes, inaccuracies, and delusions held by the member base which interferes with quality posting. Adam just happens to be the poster child for this. Even if the content itself isn't packaged in a digestible way, I don't think it should be dismissed.
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Oh so now anyone who doesn't agree with you has higher Si. <-- Ti polr

Yes, I wanna be ESE just as you wish you were LIE when it is blatantly obvious to most people you are not. You changed your type, as I said you would, and you will change it again. I am thinking EIE is next on your agenda. Then you will proceed to throw all the EIE out of beta.

Slay the socionics dragon(or tame it), otherwise, it's a perpetual battle type based on ever shifting perspectives and opinions without a grounding in empirical reality; a battle for power.

Or just be skeptical of those who claim to know more than what is reasonable.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Maybe, but this is kind of missing the point. I saw the initial post as frustration not necessarily about Adam, but of stereotypes, inaccuracies, and delusions held by the member base which interferes with quality posting. Adam just happens to be the poster child for this. Even if the content itself isn't packaged in a digestible way, I don't think it should be dismissed.
    you're totally right, but bear in mind IEI practically exists to package things in as nice terms as possible, so if I could "get away" with this it would highly devalue their contribution (or at least this is the fear implicit in their aggression). so they take on the tone of a critic in response to me, which is fair, but you're right: to do so misses the point. sometimes you have to shit in the kool aid, which is why I exist and I have a right to that as well (by their own admission they are frequently frustrated with the state of things, what is that but a request?--perhaps unconscious, but one nonetheless, and the mode of packaging "things" [1] nicely, well it seems to have outlived its usefulness and created a monster). I think people read in more animosity on that front than really exists, for my part, other types are free to contribute their take on things, but they're going to get a frank response, how could it be otherwise?

people's frustration inasmuch as they're frustrated at all is with reality, we are all on the same side in that sense. what is creating tension is a desire to distance themselves from responsibility by denying the problem, but "putting it nicely" is precisely the problem not the solution, so the people who criticize me on those grounds fail to grasp what's really going on. if that was the solution I never would have started down this path. clearly I don't have a problem with being nice across the board, judging by my congenial manner in the past

[1] a less diplomatic word would be "untruths"

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bertrand

Have you ever been in love?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i need an attorney

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no no no, you answer me.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I bet he has a crush on Singu and they've been in cahoots this whole time

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would love to put a face to the name

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

he is awfully tsundere around me, same with 9 and alioth

probably that siren song of Se

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    comedy gold. Can just picture you dragging and dropping into the perfect position.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a simple question and it also happens to be a very Fi kinda question. Yes or no?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of sad watching Bertrand defend himself from accusations via socionics explanations.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by purplehearts View Post
    Kind of sad watching Bertrand defend himself from accusations via socionics explanations.
    What goes around comes around

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bertrand, in your case people hold a condescending, comical outlook toward the autistic thinking style you put fourth as reality... along with your lack of a discernable core personality this is why people respond to you the way they do. It's really not a specific thing you say, it's more like your existence ... there is something missing from it.
    I can almost see it in your anteater photo.. there is an avoidant, anxious sexual energy to the anteater. It's like... tiptoeing around the pussy, afraid to fuck it... or something. Doing dances to appease the pussy but not just simply fucking it. I duno, hard to describe.
    Last edited by purplehearts; 08-05-2017 at 02:12 AM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every single person in this thread:

・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I figured calling out Adam publicly would bring out the mras but it also brought out a couple people who see it and understand and that makes it okay. I'm having a good day and I don't think there's anything left to say in this thread. Thank you @squark and @Aylen!
    And those who don't see it?
    You just forget they exist?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    isnt that fi for you right there? LOL

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    What am I supposed to do? Argue into the ground with everybody about it? I would know better than they do what I consider unwelcome behavior towards me, lol. We're all still here, you'll go on with your life without convincing me my reactions are crazy and pointless.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Adam will go on with his life too since the people who know where I'm coming from already saw it before I said anything so there's no major shift in opinion anyway. Itll be fine. As for me, I'll probably keep distancing myself from this place as long as hes here, but thats no great loss as I don't have much interest in socionics anymore anyway. You'll still have your stories about chicks with nice legs and ESI sports car analogies.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    isnt that fi for you right there? LOL
    not really, fi is about knowing how you feel about someone or something, either liking or disliking them, so knowing how you feel about an issue is Fi, but being rude is not

so being fi valuer doesn't excuse being an asshole to those who don't share your values, forgetting they exist, or simply being rude. personally I don't like the idea of using socionics as an excuse not to fix your problems.
    I would say being an asshole/rude/self-centered is caused by lack of emotional intelligence & thinking only about what would you get by this action regardless of its impact on others & your relations with them

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I gather from what I have read and from my own personal experiences, ESI's want a deep emotional connection. They can sometimes jump into something blindly without having thought out the consequences, and then their inherent loyalty and faithfulness causes them to stick with a bad situation long after they should have ended it. I see it as my responsibility to not raise expectations beyond what I can fulfill.
    Oh that's really some good advice for a younger LIE

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is actually interesting from a political point of view. Look at the mess created from nonsense.
    It is interesting how many times on this forum, people interested in sociology and typology who have voluntarily participated in a sort of project to share experiences and information and have a better understanding, do the exact opposite. That tells something about Socionics and the majority of people it attracts, but there is really a scientific potential in it so it is a pity.

Adam I think the information you have now, and what you wrote aren't enough to judge anything but I can see the ESI LIE dynamics when I look from that lens, however I believe if she is the right one then things will fall in place, so why not ask her out for coffee or something? I know ESI LIE dualization happens in a very sensitive and delicate manner, just calling her for coffee may even end the possibilities but you'll know what to do in that situation. and as for being shorter I know ESIs who wouldn't care that much if the man is shorter so don't let Si painful get to you that much. Maybe go to gym, that boosts my confidence, if you really like her and see a future I mean.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by super mbti user View Post
    Hey sorry what software did you use to make that?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    not really, fi is about knowing how you feel about someone or something, either liking or disliking them, so knowing how you feel about an issue is Fi, but being rude is not

so being fi valuer doesn't excuse being an asshole to those who don't share your values, forgetting they exist, or simply being rude. personally I don't like the idea of using socionics as an excuse not to fix your problems.
    I would say being an asshole/rude/self-centered is caused by lack of emotional intelligence & thinking only about what would you get by this action regardless of its impact on others & your relations with them
    Well said indeed

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast