Thread: Let's get down to Ne/Ni

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Let's get down to Ne/Ni

Here's an example of Ne time, which is whenever time, and nothing specific...Ne base ignore Ni...I have Ni demo, so I subconsciously can follow time very accurately, but I don't know how I do this, nor do I pay much attention or interest in this function, nor do I make/get others to do it either.

Common way to know is when a person, like meekakitty here doesn't remember what age she did what...and gets disoriented when has to remember at what exact time something happened in her life.

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know that song "100 years" by five for fighting? With ignoring Ni, that song is pretty scary. I always panic about all the things I need to do right now, before I'm old and die, when I hear it. The idea that different times are simply coexisting snapshots accessible from the present resonates with me a lot. Time really feels more like place.

Somehow I'll....make a man....out of youuu
    This is the place where I procrastinate on things Sig related.

ILE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Time feels like a place..so do you think when she goes back to Jr. High, she associates it with a general time, tying it into a place?

My post is for VILE (abbreviation makes it easier.)
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She's pretty endearing. I like how she owns her nerdiness rather than is all depressed about it. Reminds me of my best friend, who I'm always inspired by. I enjoy positive geeks. =)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni is not time, Ni is a psychological function.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, she's okay but probably very annoying if she is always like this. I'd probably react exactly like the cashier guy at the end.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that girl ILE or IEE?

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE-D?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally ENTp.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, you sure that isn't just her way of moving on with discussion by ignoring unnecessary details? I'm not sure I would call that ignoring Ni. Ni utilizes the past to project into the future, which is why Se is dual-seeking, since it helps do that most out of all the functions. Ni doesn't necessarily remember specify details of when things happen, but how they happened. I feel Si would focus on specifics. Have you thought about this?

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    totally ENTp.
    Okay, please explain how making a total clutz (probably spelled wrong, on iPhone) of herself and utilizing Fe to mock herself and be really silly shows she has an Fe-agenda rather than Te-agenda? Because if this is the accepted Fe-agenda then Fe in IEEs should be better elaborated upon.

It seems completely necessary that Fe-HA would be a lot more careful (follows Ti creative) and a little more resembling of trying to adapt to various people in order to get the highest of esteem from them. This woman did not seem to have any limits of what not to do in a discussion with someone.

Please consider this before you tell me why I'm wrong because I've been putting a considerable amount of thought into this apparent distinction between the HAs, and it seems a rather important one.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, please explain how making a total clutz (probably spelled wrong, on iPhone) of herself
    hardly type related. closest thing to relevant traits would be Irrational and Weak Si both of which ENTps possess in notorious dosage.

utilizing Fe to mock herself
    Doesn't help the case for ENFp any more than that for ENTp.

shows she has an Fe-agenda rather than Te-agenda?
    None of the things you mentioned has anything to do with Te.

It seems completely necessary that Fe-HA would be a lot more careful (follows Ti creative)
    bizzare theory.

be really silly
    Alpha Irrational.

a little more resembling of trying to adapt to various people in order to get the highest of esteem from them.
    an ENFp would do this to a far greater extent than an ENTp. ENTps are notorious for neglecting such concerns.

This woman did not seem to have any limits of what not to do in a discussion with someone.
    trademark ENTp trait.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hardly type related. closest thing to relevant traits would be Irrational and Weak Si both of which ENTps possess in notorious dosage.
    Slicing up my sentence -> Non-sequitur -> There's nothing here to discuss

Doesn't help the case for ENFp any more than that for ENTp.
    It does if you look at the context of how she does it, which shows very little concern for Ti. Her interaction with the clerk was very conceptually (Ti->unemotional receptive-organizational subjects) Ti-PoLR. I don't care for wikisocion anecdotes and personal anecdotes that can be interpreted in many ways. They have never accumulated into making any reliable sense and I doubt they ever will.

None of the things you mentioned has anything to do with Te.
    I showed why she does not show Fe-HA, but not how she has Te PoLR. So nothing I said was wrong -> non-sequitur -> There's nothing here to discuss

bizzare theory.
    insults -> shows your ignorance -> There's nothing here to discuss

Alpha Irrational.
    Yes, that's the accepted anecdotal belief. If you would rather base your conclusions and understanding of the theory on anecdotes, then fine, do what suits you.

trademark ENTp trait.
    Now this makes no sense.

an ENFp would do this to a far greater extent than an ENTp. ENTps are notorious for neglecting such concerns.
    Perhaps I should have been clearer on context here since you are right, but that's not what I was trying to get across.

I now understand the frustration (and thus your type-debating) others have been having with you. Unfortunately, judging from the non-sequisiturs, you're extremely critical to the point that you give yourself an airy feeling of being appointed judge of discussion and I'm not sure I should bother having to place myself in such a lower socially-degrading position to you. If you would to discuss this without such an atmosphere, I will; otherwise know why I will not respond to you if you choose not to.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slicing up my sentence -> Non-sequitur -> There's nothing here to discuss
    what..? how is there anything wrong with it that i respond to each individual point you make in the sentence separately? if you don't want people to cut your sentences up, don't put multiple arguments in them.

It does if you look at the context of how she does it, which shows very little concern for Ti. Her interaction with the clerk was very conceptually (Ti->unemotional receptive-organizational subjects) Ti-PoLR. I don't care for wikisocion anecdotes and personal anecdotes that can be interpreted in many ways. They have never accumulated into making any reliable sense and I doubt they ever will.
    i don't share this impression.

I showed why she does not show Fe-HA, but not how she has Te PoLR. So nothing I said was wrong -> non-sequitur -> There's nothing here to discuss
    i just wanted to emphasize the bolded. i suppose the point can be considered conceded.

insults -> shows your ignorance -> There's nothing here to discuss
    the burden of proof is on you. i can dispel your crazy personal theories simply by voicing skepticism until you provide such proof.

Yes, that's the accepted anecdotal belief. If you would rather base your conclusions and understanding of the theory on anecdotes, then fine, do what suits you.
    anecdotal evidence is better than no evidence at all. your comment supports the thesis that she is ENTp more than that that she is ENFp even if the argument either way is weak in conclusion.

Now this makes no sense.
    it does. ENTps are stereotypically ruthless debaters and are oblivious to personal boundaries. in combination you get exactly what you described her to be like in regard to discussions and the like.

Perhaps I should have been clearer on context here since you are right, but that's not what I was trying to get across.
    thank you.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Down's Syndrome.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

totally ENTp.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

what..? how is there anything wrong with it that i respond to each individual point you make in the sentence separately? if you don't want people to cut your sentences up, don't put multiple arguments in them.

i don't share this impression.

i just wanted to emphasize the bolded. i suppose the point can be considered conceded.

the burden of proof is on you. i can dispel your crazy personal theories simply by voicing skepticism until you provide such proof.

anecdotal evidence is better than no evidence at all. your comment supports the thesis that she is ENTp more than that that she is ENFp even if the argument either way is weak in conclusion.

it does. ENTps are stereotypically ruthless debaters and are oblivious to personal boundaries. in combination you get exactly what you described her to be like in regard to discussions and the like.

thank you.
    Labcoat, I'm oblivious as to how I come off to others. What function is that related to? I really don't care or concern myself with that either, so I don't pay attention to "improving it".
    -