Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help typing. Made video. Haaalp!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need help typing. Made video. Haaalp!

Dear What's My Type Forum,

I have made a video (that I really hope videos, because I don't the technology) with a long winded, and probably biased description of myself. I hope it's at least somewhat helpful. If not, maybe you can at least make fun of my disheveled hair if you watch it.

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...c#.UqYBQsu9KSM

^ Please tell me that links to a video...right?

I also should mention that I don't know if I'm an extrovert or an introvert, but I do know that I definitely don't leave my house.

Thank you so much for watching and reading and being such a nice forum.

Yours,
    TheWholeEnglish

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you reminded me of PJ Harvey a little from your video

initial impression: Ni/Se introvert with slight chance of an SEI
    to narrow it down further Ni-IEI > ILI > SEI > some other introverted type
    your subtype is likely "inert" (leading function)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I can see IEI from the video too. Inert subtype.

But but but....

You remind me a lot of this girl...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17...lie_shortfilms

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    you reminded me of PJ Harvey a little from your video

initial impression: Ni/Se introvert with slight chance of an SEI
    to narrow it down further Ni-IEI > ILI > SEI > some other introverted type
    your subtype is likely "inert" (leading function)
    ok. That makes sense. I always fall back onto IEI as my type, but I question it a lot, especially because it's such a common mistype? So, I guess I'm glad someone else agrees with that.

I feel like I'm such a shitty IEI, though....like, aren't they all special, and psychic, and inpiring and stuff? Because Impretty much just sit at home eating gummy bears saying "I really need to look at grad schools."...like, all day...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I can see IEI from the video too. Inert subtype.

But but but....

You remind me a lot of this girl...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17...lie_shortfilms
    Given how much I hate cooking, I remind me of her too.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me a bit of Lexie from Grey's Anatomy.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    You remind me a bit of Lexie from Grey's Anatomy.
    Hmm. I've never watched it. :/

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWholeEnglish View Post
    Given how much I hate cooking, I remind me of her too.
    Hating cooking...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hating cooking...
    I am literally more comfortable with the sensation of being hungry than I am with putting ingredients into a pan.

It makes me sad too. :/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is it about cooking that you hate? How would you feel about living with an amazing cook? I mean, I think most people would appreciate it on some level, but would it be a minor convenience for you or would it mean more than that?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is it about cooking that you hate? How would you feel about living with an amazing cook? I mean, I think most people would appreciate it on some level, but would it be a minor convenience for you or would it mean more than that?
    It's so tedious! You have to figure out what to make, and then get the ingredients at the store, and then follow instructions (which I'm bad at), and then you have to eat, and then you havr to clean (which oddly enough feels like less of a chore to me than the cooking and eating).

I would probably not care that much. I even think of eating as a chore. :/

Furthermore, if I lived with an amazing cook, and said amazing cook was always cooking formthe both of us, I would probably feel indepted, and I really don't like that feeling.

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's so tedious! You have to figure out what to make, and then get the ingredients at the store, and then follow instructions (which I'm bad at), and then you have to eat, and then you havr to clean (which oddly enough feels like less of a chore to me than the cooking and eating).

Furthermore, if I lived with an amazing cook, and said amazing cook was always cooking formthe both of us, I would probably feel indepted, and I really don't like that feeling.
    One of the things about food is that a lot of times people will not really enjoy food because they have not experienced really good food in their life, I didn't really like food until later in life because I didn't experience great food until later. I do have some good food memories in my childhood and had basic cooking abilities which helped me get there but sometimes it takes the experiences to get there.

Food has many very pleasurable aspects to it, it's not just eating. ^_^

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the things about food is that a lot of times people will not really enjoy food because they have not experienced really good food in their life, I didn't really like food until later in life because I didn't experience great food until later. I do have some good food memories in my childhood and had basic cooking abilities which helped me get there but sometimes it takes the experiences to get there.

Food has many very pleasurable aspects to it, it's not just eating. ^_^
    Do gummy bears count as good food?

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

NO!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO!
    Somebody has to control gummy bear populations around here, or else we'll be overrun; and if it's not gonna be you, then I guess it's gotta be me. Now, excuse me, I have some gummy bears to kill.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on this, I'd say IEI or maybe EIE is more likely than EII or IEE. I also think a EII would be more likely to attempt cooking at least once in a while and would appreciate learning little tips that make cooking easier and food tastier and would appreciate being able to add recipes to their personal dinner menu. They'd probably be willing to try cooking meals themselves even if they did live with someone who was a good cook and would feel pretty darn good about having the meal/dish complimented. Maybe this is less type related than I see to think it is, but it seems a pretty obvious Si-related activity to me. I'd be interested in hearing about this from LII's/EII's about this.

How would you feel about someone pointing out that none of the three visible articles of clothing you're wearing in the video go with each other well?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out what I found!

In the words of @woofwoofl "unf unf unf"

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My insights are that you are cute, suffer from undeserved low self-esteem and definitely should leave your house to make sure people can enjoy your company!

Also I think you're SEI, but that's solely based on the fact that I think that I'm ILE and type women whom I think are cute as my dual

Edit: Also your humor, both in video and in this thread suggest Alpha to me. Gummybear population control is a very viable and important Alpha occupation (albeit underappreciated by the other quadra's)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on this, I'd say IEI or maybe EIE is more likely than EII or IEE. I also think a EII would be more likely to attempt cooking at least once in a while and would appreciate learning little tips that make cooking easier and food tastier and would appreciate being able to add recipes to their personal dinner menu. They'd probably be willing to try cooking meals themselves even if they did live with someone who was a good cook and would feel pretty darn good about having the meal/dish complimented. Maybe this is less type related than I see to think it is, but it seems a pretty obvious Si-related activity to me. I'd be interested in hearing about this from LII's/EII's about this.

How would you feel about someone pointing out that none of the three visible articles of clothing you're wearing in the video go with each other well?
    Oh, EII and IEE are definitely both out. I'm waaay not sweet enough to be an Fi user. :/

And I mean, I'm exaggerating a little in regards to food, but I do regularly skip meals just because I don't care enough about being hungry to make something, nor can I ever decide what to make. I do know how to make ziti, green pepper steak, rindes rouladin, and sandwiches. And gingerbread houses. And cereal.

And yeah, those are my PJs. It was my day off. I normally wear dresses. Like, only dresses for some reason. I like to dress in an understated, but fashionable manner. Except on my day off when I wear PJs.

Note that I still put on makeup to do the video despite this fact. Laaaame.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out what I found!

In the words of @woofwoofl "unf unf unf"

Wow. You might want to call in a professional for that. I've heard that if you see one of those things, there can literally be thousands that you don't see. You might have to call someone in.

I will mention that I am an expert at gummies.

Just FYi.
    Last edited by TheWholeEnglish; 12-11-2013 at 08:34 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    My insights are that you are cute, suffer from undeserved low self-esteem and definitely should leave your house to make sure people can enjoy your company!

Also I think you're SEI, but that's solely based on the fact that I think that I'm ILE and type women whom I think are cute as my dual

Edit: Also your humor, both in video and in this thread suggest Alpha to me. Gummybear population control is a very viable and important Alpha occupation (albeit underappreciated by the other quadra's)
    You know, I think that conclusion keeps being jumped to about my self-esteem. That's not really something I think about at lot. I do have a very self-depreciating sense of humor, though. I also find that I'm happiest when I don't take myself too seriously.

I do have a real soft spot for ILEs, though. You guys are so smart. It always blows my mind.

And that wasn't a joke. About the gummy bears, I mean. I'm actually pretty concerned that you're not taking it seriously. Don't encourage others to view this issue of gummy bear overpopulation lightly. It is a very real threat to the stability of our already very fragile ecosystem.

Source: degree in environmental sociology; career in retail.

And thanks for calling me cute.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I think that conclusion keeps being jumped to about my self-esteem. That's not really something I think about at lot. I do have a very self-depreciating sense of humor, though. I also find that I'm happiest when I don't take myself too seriously.
    its not just the humor though, you list a long list of "bad" qualities (your assesment, not mine) and only a few "redeeming" qualities. Also, not leaving the house much might indicate some lack of confidence?

I do have a real soft spot for ILEs, though. You guys are so smart. It always blows my mind.
    If you are a SEI than that's because we're build to blow your mind, just as you'd be build to blow ours (I made that sound dirty didn't I? -_- )

And that wasn't a joke. About the gummy bears, I mean. I'm actually pretty concerned that you're not taking it seriously. Don't encourage others to view this issue of gummy bear overpopulation lightly. It is a very real threat to the stability of our already very fragile ecosystem.
    I'm quite certain it was a joke; if you were right now occupied with the gummybear extinction project you would not be at liberty to speak to the general populace to avoid general panic... I think you are a Gummy-bear vigilantee, usefull but dangerous. You should report to Alpha headquarters to get a proper badge and gummybear extraction package so you can join the official project!

Source: degree in environmental sociology; career in retail.

And thanks for calling me cute.
    you're welcome
    You sell environmental societies?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, SEI makes sense aside from the whole gummy bear diet thing, but now I understand that it's a noble sacrifice on your part, a manner in which you provide humanitarian aid to the masses behind the scenes.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not just the humor though, you list a long list of "bad" qualities (your assesment, not mine) and only a few "redeeming" qualities. Also, not leaving the house much might indicate some lack of confidence?

I do leave the house sometimes. In fact I'm going to dungeons and dragons right now!

If you are a SEI than that's because we're build to blow your mind, just as you'd be build to blow ours (I made that sound dirty didn't I? -_- )

No. I don't get it...

I'm quite certain it was a joke; if you were right now occupied with the gummybear extinction project you would not be at liberty to speak to the general populace to avoid general panic... I think you are a Gummy-bear vigilantee, usefull but dangerous. You should report to Alpha headquarters to get a proper badge and gummybear extraction package so you can join the official project!

I spent all day killing gummy bears!!! Look. This isn't some comic book, supervillan game. This is real life. An ignorant public is the last thing we need. I want people asking what they can do to prevent gummy bear takeover.

you're welcome
    You sell environmental societies?
    Why, do you need one?

But seriously, I don't think I'm an SEI. I don't like taking care of things. And I'm terrible with details.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, SEI makes sense aside from the whole gummy bear diet thing, but now I understand that it's a noble sacrifice on your part, a manner in which you provide humanitarian aid to the masses behind the scenes.
    Thank you Joy. It feels good to be appreciated.

But, for serious, I don't think I'm SEI? I have it in my head that SEIs are very enneagram 2ish? Like, they like to take care of things.

I do not like doing that.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look into EIE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    look into EIE
    That's the other type I've considered aside from IEI. It was kind of a toss up between IEI, EIE, LII, and ILI?

I only realized last year that I was actually a feeling type. I always typed myself as rational. I also didn't know anything outside of kiersy letters then either.

But yeah, I've wondered if I'm an EIE-Ni subtype.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

can't watch the video from work but i went to your profile to leave a message about the fiona apple lyrics <3 (which i couldn't do either) and saw your picture and thought IEI right away. 2 cents.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do other quadra's than alpha play dungeons and dragons? (my world shatters again)...

edit: What class do you play? that might give some indication ^^

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, didn't see your SEI objection. It seems like you're too... perky?... to be IEI, which is why I suggested SEI. I definitely see Fe though. I second xerxe's suggestion to look into EIE.

I kept picturing you living with an ILE, and my mental picture is rather humorous. You're like, wearing this 50's style dress and high heels and bringing a platter of assorted gummy candies into his lab where he's surrounded by levers and mixing a suspicious looking concoction in a beaker. Neither of you notice that your six year old has had the neighbor kid spend the night every night for the past three weeks, and they're taking turns swinging on the chandelier. I was like "huh, well maybe they can order take out for every meal".

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do other quadra's than alpha play dungeons and dragons? (my world shatters again)...

I've somehow missed the reference to D&D. I like the board games and always play a fighter, but there is still a chance I'm Alpha I suppose.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    can't watch the video from work but i went to your profile to leave a message about the fiona apple lyrics <3 (which i couldn't do either) and saw your picture and thought IEI right away. 2 cents.
    This made me happy. <3

I think she and I might be the same person. Except she's way more awesome.

I'm in love with her.

If I ever got a tattoo it would be of those lyrics. But I'm definitely never getting a tattoo.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know still. It's been, like, a year, and I still don't really know what I'm doing. I've been an egyptian serial killer (in hunter), a wizard, and a ninja.

I try to play things that I don't actually want to be...because otherwise people would know I wanted to be a mage or something and that would be embarrassing.

I'm weird.

And I most,y just go because I like to watch/listen to other people play. It's more of an anthropological study, I guess.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, didn't see your SEI objection. It seems like you're too... perky?... to be IEI, which is why I suggested SEI. I definitely see Fe though. I second xerxe's suggestion to look into EIE.

I kept picturing you living with an ILE, and my mental picture is rather humorous. You're like, wearing this 50's style dress and high heels and bringing a platter of assorted gummy candies into his lab where he's surrounded by levers and mixing a suspicious looking concoction in a beaker. Neither of you notice that your six year old has had the neighbor kid spend the night every night for the past three weeks, and they're taking turns swinging on the chandelier. I was like "huh, well maybe they can order take out for every meal".
    This is how I've always pictured my life being. How did you know?

And for serious, I'm really starting to lean towards EIE.

And you missed the dungeons and dragons reference because I can't computer and it's blue.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, actually, you're totally right.

Also, I fall in love with LSIs at first sight.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hunter as in the white wolf game? or is it a subclass of a class in one of the new dnd systems that I didn't want to get into?

so you want to be a mage? *snickers* ;-)

/derail

I think you're not EIE, I picture them as more....loud and annoying than you come across in the video. I vote IEI/SEI.

But you could be a EIE roleplaying a IEI or a SEI roleplaying a SLE...now we can't be sure of your video anymore!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hunter as in the white wolf game? or is it a subclass of a class in one of the new dnd systems that I didn't want to get into?

so you want to be a mage? *snickers* ;-)

/derail

I think you're not EIE, I picture them as more....loud and annoying than you come across in the video. I vote IEI/SEI.

But you could be a EIE roleplaying a IEI or a SEI roleplaying a SLE...now we can't be sure of your video anymore!
    Oh, god, it's so hard!

I'm really a very ambiverted person behavior wise. I don't talk when I'm in groups, like, at all, unless they're structured discussions, in which case I'm usually leading them. I rarely approach people for conversation, and when I do I'm shy and awkward. When I get comfortable with people, though, I'm quite gregarious.

As far as playing roles goes, I think I do that a lot. I don't know who I am!!!

Let's just say LIE or something and call it a day...

And Hunter is just another RPG game, I guess. I don't know. That one was weird.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, god, it's so hard!

I'm really a very ambiverted person behavior wise. I don't talk when I'm in groups, like, at all, unless they're structured discussions, in which case I'm usually leading them. I rarely approach people for conversation, and when I do I'm shy and awkward. When I get comfortable with people, though, I'm quite gregarious.

As far as playing roles goes, I think I do that a lot. I don't know who I am!!!

Let's just say LIE or something and call it a day...

And Hunter is just another RPG game, I guess. I don't know. That one was weird.
    IEI's are supposed to be emotional cameleons... I'd go with that for now... EIE's are the actors, but they seem more...active in finding ways to play roles, like seeking them out.

Why do you want to know your type?

Hunter is probably the WW game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter:_The_Reckoning

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI's are supposed to be emotional cameleons... I'd go with that for now... EIE's are the actors, but they seem more...active in finding ways to play roles, like seeking them out.

Why do you want to know your type?

Hunter is probably the WW game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter:_The_Reckoning
    Yep. That's the game! Didn't care for it much. :/

I want to know for the purpose of self growth, for career guidance, and for clarity in regards to interpersonal relationships.

And because I'm OCD and I feel the need to label everything.

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend another video in which you're doing something besides talking at the camera. For example, record yourself while chatting in shoutbox and then post that. or record yourself "cooking" poptarts or whatever junkfood you eat for breakfast., etc, etc., etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast