Thread: IEI-INFp subtypes and enneagram types, and differences in their challenges

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI-INFp subtypes and enneagram types, and differences in their challenges

ok so I'm starting to realize something. IEI's maybe you can help me out here.

I've dated several IEI's. I'm starting to think there's a pattern in the "gauntlet" they put down.

there are the IEI 4's that I've met, that when you talk to them, they want to take you down to the depths of insanity with them. And then there are the other IEI's who are more real life oriented, who are out living a shitty life and they want you to save them from that too. I wonder if this is a subtype difference? I feel like every story of "superhero journeying through hell" is somehow a metaphor for the chase between SLE and IEI, but I'm not limiting them to just this analogy. Doom, Siren: Blood Curse, Berzerk. All of these games are the insane product of a crazy person looking for their "chosen one."

Anyway do you think subtype affects the style of "gauntlet" an IEI puts down for their partners? Or am I just picking up on EIE vs IEI?
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 12-21-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post

there are the IEI 4's that I've met, that when you talk to them, they want to take you down to the depths of insanity with them.
    Can you elaborate on that?
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    Can you elaborate on that?
    I've met many, many introverts who have attempted to kill themselves in a controlled manner so they could see hell first hand. I think most of them are LSI over IEI, actually.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've met many, many introverts who have attempted to kill themselves in a controlled manner so they could see hell first hand. I think most of them are LSI over IEI, actually.
    I haven't thought about killing myself anymore since I was 14. I never attempted to do it, I just had suicidal thoughts sometimes, but I was actually too scared to try. One time when I was on holiday in Austria with my parents, I got into a fight with them and wanted to jump down a cliff. I shouted at them my last words (the exact wording was something like "Arrivederci, you assholes, I'm going to jump off the mountain.", they still like to remind me of that...xD), then my parents laughed so hard at me, I felt too ridiculed to do it.
    And that's something that always pulled me out of my "insane habits", that at one point it became so absurd that I started to feel ashamed of myself and that kind of cured me from some things.
    So much for that.

Regardless of type, I think, many people believe in the idea of an ideal partner who is there for you 24/7, always making you happy. So, some people look for a knight in shining armor who's going to rescue them. On the other hand, there are also people who search for depressed, insane people with lots of problems, because they think they could rescue them or change them. It's an illusion that is shared by many people.
    I suppose, the ones who search for that one person that is able to rescue them, are in love with the idea of being sad, desperate and helpless. They probably don't even want to be alright. And another bad relationship adds up to their reasons for being depressed. It's a vicious circle.
    I can think especially of one person who behaved like that, but she's hard to type, cause I think she has bipolar disorder, though that was never diagnosed.

So, trying to answer your original question: I'm not sure. There are several factors responsible for a person to become like that, which leads to putting down that kind of gauntlet for their partner. Not only type, but maybe also familiar background, their personal histories and their ideas on love and relationship.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a secret desire to see the world in chaos, all the financial structures, governments, laws collapsing. I just want to see what people would do and stick around with the one's that manage to still be decent human beings, while surviving in such a world. Plus when people are then good, it makes it much more sweeter with all the misery that would be about. I could see what different people really are, firsthand.

The funny thing is, I've told some people this and their first reaction is that I'm crazy. I suppose that is a bit crazy, but it doesn't mean I'd make it happen, just that it's a darker aspect of my being, something I do repress. But it's still there, nonetheless. I came to the conclusion a little while ago that if there is a Heaven and Hell, I would probably feel more at home in Hell, I'd imagine.

That said, wouldn't a gauntlet be fun and interesting? It would be exciting and interesting, if nothing else.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say the Gauntlet is more of a nurture thing, rather than a Subtype thing. Based on my own life experiences, my "gauntlet" is pretty directly tied into life lessons i was taught while i was growing up. Things that i now expect of others.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mean to question you, but I find this hard to believe. As I long time volunteer on a Crisis phone line, I also have an adequate amount of experience speaking with people who are scared/numb/isolated ect and are having thoughts of suicide and in a very few calls, have actually attempted. To see hell is not a priority in that moment.

I suspect you are being metaphoric or something.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These aren't emo "omg life sucks" bitches, these are "DUDE LETS DO SOMETHING CRAZY" bitches. But then again I sometimes feel E4's are both of those at the same time. They journey toward despair but don't exactly stop it from happening... which kinda makes them look like they wanted it, haha.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You all have Betas confused with psychopaths. Yes, Azure Flame wants to date a psychopath... but is horrified by what he is attracting. I do not think he has IEIs figured out. IEI is not the same as psychopath... nor narcissist, nor sociopath. They are not pathological.

Imagine a sane beta. They exist.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Isn't that "live deep and suck out all the marrow of life" stuff just general beta-ness? I don't see it as isolated to romantic relations.
    But suicide would be a weird interpretation of "living deep". O_o

Just stay away from insane people, @Azure Flame.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Maybe not the suicide, but the "let's do something crazy" urge, the urge to burn shit down, to fuck shit up
    I guess doing something crazy is ok, like swimming in a cold river at night or breaking into a house and moving all the furniture. But dying is nothing special, it's soooo mainstream. Everybody does it sooner or later. Boring.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess doing something crazy is ok, like swimming in a cold river at night or breaking into a house and moving all the furniture. But dying is nothing special, it's soooo mainstream. Everybody does it sooner or later. Boring.
    Yes, but not everyone gets to die an exciting death. I would rather do something exciting and high adrenaline like leading people through a fire fight and risk being shot to death or skydiving without a parachute (if I knew I was dying). It's would be a lot more climatic than the anti-climatic growing old and shitting myself until my body fails. And I'm not joking whatsoever.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    Yes, but not everyone gets to die an exciting death. I would rather do something exciting and high adrenaline like leading people through a fire fight and risk being shot to death or skydiving without a parachute (if I knew I was dying). It's would be a lot more climatic than the anti-climatic growing old and shitting myself until my body fails. And I'm not joking whatsoever.
    Yeah those kinds of deaths are pretty lame. I definitely hope I can find a way to die walking.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to convince my partially psycho IEI to do that with me now.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carrina View Post
    I'm going to convince my partially psycho IEI to do that with me now.
    Breaking and entering or double suicide?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only difference I’ve seen with subtype, is that Fe-subs are a little more emotionally immersed in the process of their gauntlet, whereas Ni-subs are just existentially entrenched. the former will more likely lead you through different elements, offering input at intervals; whereas the latter will just expect you to get things and get through it, or not.

that being said, it’s definitely more pronounced in the E4s.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I have a secret desire to see the world in chaos, all the financial structures, governments, laws collapsing. I just want to see what people would do and stick around with the one's that manage to still be decent human beings, while surviving in such a world. Plus when people are then good, it makes it much more sweeter with all the misery that would be about. I could see what different people really are, firsthand.

The funny thing is, I've told some people this and their first reaction is that I'm crazy. I suppose that is a bit crazy, but it doesn't mean I'd make it happen, just that it's a darker aspect of my being, something I do repress. But it's still there, nonetheless. I came to the conclusion a little while ago that if there is a Heaven and Hell, I would probably feel more at home in Hell, I'd imagine.

That said, wouldn't a gauntlet be fun and interesting? It would be exciting and interesting, if nothing else.
    I don't think you're crazy. I don't think I would actually want to live through that though but who knows how I would react if it were to happen. Edit: I don't think my personality would change much if it did. I would still try to help those I care about and cooperate with others. I wouldn't kill for a can of soup. I doubt I could kill or hurt anyone for anything other than protecting someone I loved.

My recent dreams have been about some kind of world wide destruction and everything collapsing. I have to fend for myself and often someone I love is helping me through it but then they abandon me or a variation on that theme. They are dystopian societies inhabited by cannibals, zombies, or biker gangs like the hells angels, sometimes. I had one last night where I was telling people that even though we had to live through a worldwide collapse and more than half of humanity had died, we could still be clean and change our clothes. I even had bikers teaching survivors how to be clean and giving them fresh clothes. :/ It was a very strange dream and I performed some superhuman feats in it. Like teleporting a bus full of people over a broken bridge.

It is a step up from the dreams where I was tortured or watched other people being tortured. In my dystopian dreams I am usually some kind of fighter. In my psycho dreams I was a passive victim of something really horrible.

Some of my favorite dreams have been of me and some unknown dream guy tearing things up Bonnie and Clyde style. They always leave me feeling kind of giddy afterwards because I like to imagine that kind of relationship, without the killing though. Like I want to be so into someone that I would rob a bank for them. Not that I would do it but that I would want to. My gauntlet usually involves some kind of test to see if they can handle my type of personality. It varies according to the person and how far I feel I can push it. I am not sure if it is best to show everything upfront or give it in doses. Usually I do it in small doses. Not many people have actually made me want to lay down the gauntlet though. When I do it is usually with someone very forward and demanding.

Now I have forgotten what op was going on about.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-INTp E5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my sister will like your desire. but I don't see anything sweet about it.

I think death is death, whether it was exciting or not in the end it is the same and you will be forgotten.

Yeah those kinds of deaths are pretty lame. I definitely hope I can find a way to die walking.
    I guess using a gun while taking a walk can help, try it and tell me if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    My recent dreams have been about some kind of world wide destruction and everything collapsing. I have to fend for myself and often someone I love is helping me through it but then they abandon me or a variation on that theme.
    I can relate to this world wide destruction but from different perspective, where I am the one who make the destruction.

Seriously, why do IEIs like tragedies and drama?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OSG View Post
    I can relate to this world wide destruction but from different perspective, where I am the one who make the destruction.

Seriously, why do IEIs like tragedies and drama?
    I could ask you the same thing.

I can only speak for myself. I have always looked for the beauty in tragedy and drama. Most of the tragedy I am drawn to involves death or separation from love. I love Arthurian type stories. Medieval Romance is one of my "things". Tristan and Isolde has always been a favorite. I like the idea of courtly love and always felt I belong in that timeframe (and in the 60s). From a more objective point of view it was not a romantic time at all but living in their future we can make it into whatever we want through legends. I was made to read Shakespeare at a young age too so that could be an influence and if that doesn't explain it, take into account my tritype and instincts. I also have memories of things that happened in another time and place but they feel as real as current memories. :/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-INTp E5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could ask you the same thing.
    Actually, I don't see me destroying the world as a tragedy or drama, I think of it as the easiest way to change it since everything is gone and you start a new page. I think of it as a way to clear up my mind before solving or restructuring something. even when I was a kid and my mom told me to clean my room, I will throw everything out of the room then returning everything to its place and the rest will go to the trash.

I can only speak for myself. I have always looked for the beauty in tragedy and drama. Most of the tragedy I am drawn to involves death or separation from love.
    for me I look for beauty in nature not tragedy. I guess it is an IEI thing to be drawn to tragedies.

OK enjoy your tragedies, IEI < it seems there weren't any need to look for clues

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Actually, I don't see me destroying the world as a tragedy or drama, I think of it as the easiest way to change it since everything is gone and you start a new page. I think of it as a way to clear up my mind before solving or restructuring something. even when I was a kid and my mom told me to clean my room, I will throw everything out of the room then returning everything to its place and the rest will go to the trash.

for me I look for beauty in nature not tragedy. I guess it is an IEI thing to be drawn to tragedies.

OK enjoy your tragedies, IEI < it seems there weren't any need to look for clues
    For me the beauty in nature is blatantly obvious and I don't have to look for it. Nature is everywhere and I am drawn to it. You have to dig deeper to see beauty in tragedy. There is tragedy in nature.

Edit: You can leave your preconceived perception of IEI at the door when you interact with me. If you want to that is. I am not an acronym.

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-INTp E5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me the beauty in nature is blatantly obvious and I don't have to look for it. Nature is everywhere and I am drawn to it. You have to dig deeper to see beauty in tragedy. There is tragedy in nature.
    I think beauty should be blatantly obvious why dig deep to find it.
    Even if there were tragedy in nature, the emotional atmosphere of Fe won't be there.

Edit: You can leave your preconceived perception of IEI at the door when you interact with me. If you want to that is. I am not an acronym.
    I may hate the drama that IEI creates because it drains my energy but other than that they are great type, In my opinion IEI girls can be a little bit too attractive.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I may hate the drama that IEI creates because it drains my energy but other than that they are great type, In my opinion IEI girls can be a little bit too attractive.
    Perhaps it is the allure of base Ni, creative Fe, and demonstrative Fi.

1. Introverted intuition

IEIs perceive, process, and produce information concerning trends and patterns over time most intensively. They constantly and inadvertently make judgments, assessments, and assumptions about relationships based on what they see as recurring trends from past behavior. They tend to understand the underlying dynamics of situations, people, etc., but may not be able to readily verbalize these insights since they are so internal and conceptual.

The temporal world of the IEI is vivid and complex. IEIs are very imaginative people who tend to be more mystical and dreamy, thus possibly annoying -seeking Logical types (LSEs and SLIs), who require practical applications for their ideas. Their gentle demeanor does not cast them as particularly rebellious, but their obscure desires are often a far cry from those of the typical person.

2. Extroverted ethics

IEIs apply their understanding of trends of behavior over time to observing, analyzing, and influencing people's moods. They make contact with other people by attempting to influence their emotions positively, which is their way of creating something in themself worthy of being included in interaction.
    IEIs are comfortable discussing feelings that arise from interaction between people. They are naturals at guessing who has been offended and approaching the person and helping them to let off steam and make amends with the offender. IEIs are typically quick to take the blame for offenses upon themselves in order to show their acceptance and good will towards the other person, and create good attitudes.

IEIs' speech and voice usually have a certain dramatic affect and depth of feeling, which influence the emotions in the atmosphere; these feelings can be used to generate elation and boisterous laughter. If IEIs prefer, they can also generate and communicate their feelings of sadness and loss. They are adept at communicating depth of feeling. If things seem too quiet and low-key, they may even generate controversy or conflict to liven things up and get people involved once again in a high-spirited atmosphere.

The IEI will often say something that sounds very deep and heartfelt only to immediately realize the ridiculousness of what they are saying and make light of it. In this way, the IEI does not induce a formal separation between joking and being serious (like their mirror, the EIE), because they are less premeditated in expression in their natural state.

8. Introverted ethics

An IEI is adept at understanding his/her own disposition towards others and their own general emotional state. Their primary focus, however, isn't on what subjective ties they have, but rather, the energy flow that is going on with and around them. The IEI can easily assess the status of a relationship between himself and someone else, but generally only does so if necessary. For the most part, they view static emotional judgments as limiting to the emotional dynamics of a situation. However, they deeply value their close personal bonds with others and will make a large effort to maintain these bonds.

IEIs can get strong physical sensations of their own internal feelings which pressures them into retreating to their personal boundaries. These sensations range from minor head pains to stomach aches and take place especially when they fall behind due to external pressures. When they do withdraw, they can take many hours reflecting over the problems stressing them, and as a result IEIs can remain reclusive. They can even feel like they're in a nightmare when they cannot resolve the things that are plaguing their minds.
    Even the most Fe polr ILI I know, irl, can vibe with my Fe as long as it is not overdone. I think I can use demonstrative function more with an ILI, one on one, to tone things down. I exercised my Fi because of my step-dad (ILI sp/so) I probably adapted to the ILI in my life a bit more than they adapted to me. I just knew when they were uncomfortable and when it was time to go, even if I didn't want to. When I was pretty young I was over the top, using Fe, at parties. My ILI bf hated it, so I stopped and started learning his ways. It was not hard to do because I am naturally introverted anyway. We both matured by staying away from the outside world.

as a vulnerable (4th) function (ILI and SLI)

The individual tries hard to never let himself "come apart at the seams" emotionally or even let out strong feelings publicly, because displays of passion do not come naturally and make him feel self-consciousness and vulnerable to painful criticism. This makes the individual generally seem emotionally neutral and politely indifferent to excitement and agitation around him. The individual deeply dislikes attempts by others to get him to "cheer up" or "join the fun", especially in the context of group activities with loud emotional expression.

as a mobilizing (6th) function (ILI and SLI)

The individual longs for establishing stable personal relationships with other individuals based on mutual trust and understanding where deeper and private feelings and experiences can be easily shared. However, the individual lacks the initiative to establish such relationships and usually expects others to make gestures in that area, admiring those who do so. In the context of extroverted ethics () as a vulnerable function, it should be emphasized that these types especially value emotional bonds where feelings go unsaid between partners, and are simply "understood."

YWIMW