User Tag List

Thread: Hi I seem to be an ILE 2Ne ENTp, and I'd love to exchange views about models of cognition and more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi. I seem to be an ILE 2Ne ENTp, and I'd love to exchange views about models of cognition and more

Looking forward to great conversations!!!! Which Section do you suggest I visit first? Regards.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great conversation? Run far, far away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll byte. Why not here? :-) Socinomics looks to me like a fascination way of seeing things. With a forum with lots of great postings. But just as your type test accurately described me, I can be a bit of a bull in a china shop. So I was hoping to get some orientation and advice.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is cool, but the forum isn't. The same topics have been discussed so many times over and over that no one actually has any desire to educate or discuss anything with each other. They all have their own opinions set and will state them, but as soon as anyone disagrees, it devolves into virtolic personal attacks with everyone split into parties based on who they like or don't like. You'd probably be better off reading wikisocion and other online resources and reading the archives.

THAT BEING SAID.

Hi. I'm Fox. What type test do we have around here? I didn't realize we had one. Anyway, no matter how accurate it is, it's still worthwhile to read up on the different types and make yoru decision based on research and consideration rather than a test, which is quite fallible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbsurdEnough View Post
    Welcome, Greentymer1!
    Hello. Glad to meet you.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbsurdEnough View Post
    Mmm I can't speak exactly for FoxOnStilts, but at least from my perspective, socionics is certainly a 'fascinating' way of seeing things. Many of the type descriptions and knowledge of certain functions are helpful in understanding people's strengths & weaknesses, and I definitely use them. However, socionics can have certain flaws like any other system, and should not be intended to be the 'be-all' system of understanding human interactions. Some of us have more fun sticking around and engaging in petty squabbling. So study it with a grain of salt. That said, enjoy.
    lol yes this. this is a nicer way of putting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Socionics is cool, but the forum isn't. The same topics have been discussed so many times over and over that no one actually has any desire to educate or discuss anything with each other. They all have their own opinions set and will state them, but as soon as anyone disagrees, it devolves into virtolic personal attacks with everyone split into parties based on who they like or don't like. You'd probably be better off reading wikisocion and other online resources and reading the archives.

THAT BEING SAID.

Hi. I'm Fox. What type test do we have around here? I didn't realize we had one. Anyway, no matter how accurate it is, it's still worthwhile to read up on the different types and make yoru decision based on research and consideration rather than a test, which is quite fallible.
    Yes. Forums are so often like that. And yet I was hoping in this one I would be able to learn if and where my familycology GNOS model of cognition and re-cognition and its unit square monad quadrants might match up with and map to different elements of socionics? I have some guesses, but I would prefer not to make any premature connections. Perhaps this Forum is not what I was looking for.

As for type testing, i found the tests on the home page. So I am assuming you found your type some other way, yes?

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTYMER1 View Post
    . And yet I was hoping in this one I would be able to learn if and where my familycology GNOS model of cognition and re-cognition
    I don't know what that is. You should test the waters and make a thread for it and see what happens.

As for type testing, i found the tests on the home page. So I am assuming you found your type some other way, yes?
    I came here through other systems and don't trust test. I jsut read about different types and figured out which ones suited me best. Some people have trouble finding their type, but I'm a walking stereotype.

R.I.P. Raver
    TIM
    ENFP 7W8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHAHA FOXYSTILTS!!!

lol greentimer ya foxy is right.. just read descriptions... there aren't too many tests on socionics.. but if you want to know more about yourself... uhh this personality page is the best in my opinion cuz it tells you all the cool things about different personality types in a nutshell... i guess when you want to learn more in depth you can read our wiki page but... this was visually appealing to me.. you cant really convert it here cuz i think this page is Myers briggs typing.. but i mean.... who cares what you use.. you just want to learn more about personality right?: http://www.16personalities.com/

bye =)

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTYMER1 View Post
    I'll byte. Why not here? :-) Socinomics looks to me like a fascination way of seeing things. With a forum with lots of great postings. But just as your type test accurately described me, I can be a bit of a bull in a china shop. So I was hoping to get some orientation and advice.
    look out for Maritsa...she's the worst at typing on the forum.

And 4p/leger is the latest troll...he's been stealing william's thunder.