Thread: how do enneathoughts help in any way?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how do enneathoughts help in any way?

I've been getting these daily enneathoughts from the riso-hudson site where they send your email some quip every day that you should contemplate regarding your type. So how the hell do they help? Great so I'm more aware of the fact that I tend towards depression, self-destruction and alienation. How does that help me? I feel like these things are making me more depressed by reminding me of the qualities I hate in myself. I guess I should just unsubscribe.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should excuse my english, but I think I can help you. First of all, I dont like ennagram too much, but I've to agree with the correlation between enneagram 4 and IEI. First of all, what I understood about 4's, isnt about how 'depresive' they can look. Is about how they feel their STRONG emotion and how the work with those strong emotion, from a particular and unique point of view. They are the peolpel who always complain about how other dont really get it about how they actually feel. As they are sensitive about emotional enviroment and internal emotion, this can 'lead' to negative emotions, like depresion. But depresion isnt a nice stuff to feel happy or proud about it, but either is a bad thing. Is natural, and you have to accept it. Emotion in 4's are neutral, there's nothing bad about if you face it and add it in your emotional 'library'. A lot of 'artist' do this, transform their depresion, angst or whatever, in a shape of art, like music or paiting.

So, what Im trying to say is: as long as you think your negative emotion are 'bad' or 'wrong', you're a long way to feeling truly happy with yourself. Have you ever consider the opposite side of the coin? what I mean, yeah, you sometimes feel really sad and hopeless, but, have you ever feel truly happy and joyful? It's because you're connected with those feelings. It about feel and integrate their emotion (good and bad, correct or wrong), make them more unique and cool, not judging them. This is what I think about 4's.

Adios! Espero sirva.