Thread: i can haz type nao?

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i can haz type nao?

I know it's a lot to ask especially since you don't know anything about me ... but we can work on that.

Here is some information that may or may not be pertinent.

• I am shyer than my internet mannerisms would suggest.
    • I find it very hard to assert myself.
    • I try to be organized a lot but keep failing.
    • I have refined procrastination to an art form. I am not proud of it.
    • I don't like to worry about things but I can't really help it.
    • I'm kinda spaced out.
    • Loud people scare me. So do fights.
    • I think the internet is discriminating against dogs. What's so special about cats? Dogs are every bit as great as cats.

I have some ideas as to what my type could be but I'll withhold them for the moment because I want to hear what you've got before it gets adulterated by my babble.

Thanks!

Creepy-bg

male or female?

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    male or female?
    I come with lady bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    no type 4 u
    Whatever, I don't care.

*lower lip quivers pathetically*

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fairylights View Post
    I know it's a lot to ask especially since you don't know anything about me ... but we can work on that.

Here is some information that may or may not be pertinent.

• I am shyer than my internet mannerisms would suggest.
    • I find it very hard to assert myself.
    • I try to be organized a lot but keep failing.
    • I have refined procrastination to an art form. I am not proud of it.
    • I don't like to worry about things but I can't really help it.
    • I'm kinda spaced out.
    • Loud people scare me. So do fights.
    • I think the internet is discriminating against dogs. What's so special about cats? Dogs are every bit as great as cats.

I have some ideas as to what my type could be but I'll withhold them for the moment because I want to hear what you've got before it gets adulterated by my babble.

Thanks!
    You seem to be devaluing to me and irrational, so probably an irrational Alpha or Delta. So that leaves SEI, SLI, IEE, ILE from what I know about you so far. Give some more information and I'll try to break it down further.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First impression is SEI, but more data is needed for an educated guess.

What's so special about cats? Dogs are every bit as great as cats.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-bg

I come with lady bits.
    that's hot.
    Last edited by bg; 02-04-2012 at 10:27 PM.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    You seem to be devaluing to me and irrational, so probably an irrational Alpha or Delta. So that leaves SEI, SLI, IEE, ILE from what I know about you so far. Give some more information and I'll try to break it down further.
    I dislike those little symbols. I always have a hard time matching them up with concepts. I guess it's because I'm not very visually oriented despite being very susceptible to beauty. There's a particular feeling that hits me when I'm walking someplace and I suddenly see someone or something that's aesthetically compelling ... a sort of spontaneous welling of appreciation, if you will.

But I'm very unobservant as far as my surroundings are concerned. I was out at a bar last night with a friend and apparently he got into some sort of argument with a girl there and I was standing right next to him and I didn't even realize what was going on until he told me about it. Then I got upset because I find hostility unsettling.

I like to substantiate concepts with examples because it just seems like an easier way to understand and explain them, but then I start to worry about the problematics of anecdotal evidence. Archetypes are good at filling in that in-between ground between pure abstraction and concrete evidence because they're not stained by the mess of reality. But a good archetype is really hard to build and describe.

I am rambling now. Is there anything in particular that you'd like me to provide in terms of information?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I dislike those little symbols. I always have a hard time matching them up with concepts. I guess it's because I'm not very visually oriented despite being very susceptible to beauty. There's a particular feeling that hits me when I'm walking someplace and I suddenly see someone or something that's aesthetically compelling ... a sort of spontaneous welling of appreciation, if you will.
    That little symbol is extraverted sensing. What you're talking about sounds like introverted sensing to me, but that may only indicate that you're introverted sensing valuing and not necessarily an introverted sensing ego.

But I'm very unobservant as far as my surroundings are concerned. I was out at a bar last night with a friend and apparently he got into some sort of argument with a girl there and I was standing right next to him and I didn't even realize what was going on until he told me about it. Then I got upset because I find hostility unsettling.
    Well, this just seems like weak extraverted sensing to me and possible extraverted intuition or introversion.

I like to substantiate concepts with examples because it just seems like an easier way to understand and explain them, but then I start to worry about the problematics of anecdotal evidence. Archetypes are good at filling in that in-between ground between pure abstraction and concrete evidence because they're not stained by the mess of reality. But a good archetype is really hard to build and describe.
    This doesn't seem to point to any function specifically, so I'll leave it up in the air.

I am rambling now. Is there anything in particular that you'd like me to provide in terms of information?
    I guess you could answer these questions:

1. What kind of lifestyle do you have?
    2. Do you enjoy debating and what kind of topics do you prefer to discuss?
    3. How would you describe your overall behavior around others?

I can't think of any more decent questions at the moment, but you can add in your own.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I guess you could answer these questions:

I can't think of any more decent questions at the moment, but you can add in your own.
    Thank you. This is very helpful. I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

I need plenty of privacy and space to be comfortable but I also need some constant element of human contact at low levels, otherwise I get isolated and sad. I don't place much of an emphasis on having stuff. If anything, having too much stuff around makes me uncomfortable because I hate clutter but don't feel capable of dealing with it myself. I like to hang out with friends occasionally but in small, low-key settings. I'm very timid around large numbers of unfamiliar people and end up wall-flowering or clinging frantically to the one person I do know at bigger parties.

I moved away from home when I was fairly young because while I love my family, I value my independence very highly and it is difficult to preserve around people who are that talkative, curious, and meddlesome. I have a hard time asserting boundaries so I prefer not to put myself in situations where they will likely be disrespected on a regular basis.

I don't ENJOY debating per se, but I'm okay with it so long as the tone of the conversation isn't overtly confrontational. Some kind of cut and thrust does often result in the generation of interesting ideas and novel perspectives and I like that but I can't stand arguments over insignificant details that really don't matter in the greater scheme of things, or debates that are laced with personal hostility.

Usually, I enjoy debates that focus on philosophy, particularly anything that has to do with epistemology. It's not just interesting; it's also a great way to build mental muscle. I usually dislike debates that have to do with religion and politics. I'm prepared to listen to other people's views if they want to share them and will vigorously support their right to hold the views they do but I have my opinions on these matters and I'm happy with them and I don't feel the need to defend them constantly. It is irritating when people expect me to do this or keep trying to convince me of perspectives that I've already visibly evaluated and decided I don't believe in.

In general, I like talking about people and psychology and relationships and literature and history and art as well. I prefer conversations that are focused on an exchange of ideas rather than on beating any particular point of view into the ground.

Mild and placid with occasional sparks of animation and a slightly caustic edge every now and then. Warm, concerned, and supportive when my sympathies are engaged, distant and passive when they're not.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I vote SEI.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But my boyfriend is an ENTj!

*panics and freaks out*

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you socialize "on demand" - that is when it seems appropriate?

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Do you socialize "on demand" - that is when it seems appropriate?
    No, I'm not great at the schmoozing thing. I pretty much just socialize when I want to. I feel awkward and unhappy when I'm dragged along to places I don't want to be at.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far you're associating with all the Deltas, so you can be EII for now.

But my boyfriend is an ENTj!

*panics and freaks out*
    Or ESI. Who knows.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EII was my second guess.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think your boyfriend is ENTj? Also, I don't recommend basing your typing off of someone else's. You can have a good relationship with someone and not be duals.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Why do you think your boyfriend is ENTj? Also, I don't recommend basing your typing off of someone else's. You can have a good relationship with someone and not be duals.
    I don't think we're duals necessarily. I just hope we aren't predisposed to relations of conflict, haha.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If things are going fine, why worry? Any relationship can work...I have a perfectly fine relationship with my father who is my conflictor. Just takes work.
    But yeah, don't jeopardize your relationship with this stuff. It's just theory. Don't let what Socionics says about the dynamic between your types change your view of what you have.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If things are going fine, why worry? Any relationship can work...I have a perfectly fine relationship with my father who is my conflictor. Just takes work.
    But yeah, don't jeopardize your relationship with this stuff. It's just theory. Don't let what Socionics says about the dynamic between your types change your view of what you have.
    Oh, I'm not about to jeopardize my relationship. We have a good thing going.

I do like to relate reality to theory though and I was wondering where in the socionics spectrum the two of us fit in. He's pretty sure about LIE, I think, and given the general trend of our interactions, it doesn't make much sense to me that we would be conflictors.

It would be cool to be an SEI though, they sound like fun.

TIM
    LIE-Ni (Ne)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He may be an ILE.....

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrRTR View Post
    He may be an ILE.....
    LOL. After all the SEI verdicts, I did think about trying to convince him that he was an ENTp! Still, I disapprove of fiddling with the data, you are what you are, and if the system doesn't cover it, it's because systems have limitations.

... He may be an ILE though.

TIM
    LIE-Ni (Ne)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. After all the SEI verdicts, I did think about trying to convince him that he was an ENTp! Still, I disapprove of fiddling with the data, you are what you are, and if the system doesn't cover it, it's because systems have limitations.

... He may be an ILE though.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm...

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE and LIE are very different. If he's ILE he'll be much like this: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nk-I-am(video)

ILE (alpha) values: Ne, Si, Fe, Ti
    LIE (gamma) values: Ni, Se, Fi, Te

Also Ep temperament vs Ej temperament.

I suggest not worrying too much about his type in relation to yours right now. It will probably convolute things more than help.

TIM
    LIE-Ni (Ne)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmmmmmmm

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE and LIE are very different. If he's ILE he'll be much like this: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nk-I-am(video)

ILE (alpha) values: Ne, Si, Fe, Ti
    LIE (gamma) values: Ni, Se, Fi, Te

Also Ep temperament vs Ej temperament.
    Nope. I feel like the guy in the video is talking to fill up silence which is really not the case with my bf, even though he's pretty talkative and loud. He also fidgets less and is less animated in his facial expressions ... so LIE looks better.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Ben (my best friend and the guy in that video) does not like silence at all. He also thinks as he speaks so stumbles over words a lot.

I hope you figure out your type. I wish I could help more but I'm not really an expert and I don't want to steer you wrong.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Ben (my best friend and the guy in that video) does not like silence at all. He also thinks as he speaks so stumbles over words a lot.

I hope you figure out your type. I wish I could help more but I'm not really an expert and I don't want to steer you wrong.
    Thanks! I appreciate your input. Anyway, I showed my boyfriend that video and he had a WTF expression on his face for about twenty seconds, then said "This is taking too long" and stopped paying attention. I guess he doesn't identify with it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks! I appreciate your input. Anyway, I showed my boyfriend that video and he had a WTF expression on his face for about twenty seconds, then said "This is taking too long" and stopped paying attention. I guess he doesn't identify with it.
    You know you can kill people by asking them to watch that vid. You can get electrocuted by his hair. There's like 50000 volts in there.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You know you can kill people by asking them to watch that vid. You can get electrocuted by his hair. There's like 50000 volts in there.
    He needs to get used to it seeing as people HAVE gotten electrocuted by my hair. It's 'cause it's full of secrets.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He needs to get used to it seeing as people HAVE gotten electrocuted by my hair. It's 'cause it's full of secrets.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I don't go around petrifying people! =(

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I did a little reading and I really don't see myself as Te PoLR. Se PoLR makes far more sense. I'm also positive I'm an ethical type, so EII it is.

People here have told me I come across as irrational though ... could someone please explain what exactly that entails? I won't rule out IEE until I've decided whether I'm rational or irrational.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rational types make decisions based upon their conviction that something is true or must be done, regardless of the circumstances. They are like a motor boat. They can go upstream.
    An irrational makes decisions based on their impression that events have formed a pattern that they understand, and that they are a part of that pattern. They are like a sailboat.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rational types make decisions based upon their conviction that something is true or must be done, regardless of the circumstances. They are like a motor boat. They can go upstream.
    An irrational makes decisions based on their impression that events have formed a pattern that they understand, and that they are a part of that pattern. They are like a sailboat.
    Thanks. This is a really good explanation. Based on this, I think I'm more rational than irrational. I like examining patterns but environmental and circumstantial factors play a secondary role in my decision-making a little more often than not.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to add that "Rationality in socionics is a perceptual quality defined by a focus on actions and emotions. In contrast, Irrationality means a focus on states of mind and body."
    Quoted from Wikisocion.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to add that "Rationality in socionics is a perceptual quality defined by a focus on actions and emotions. In contrast, Irrationality means a focus on states of mind and body."
    Quoted from Wikisocion.
    How do you separate state of mind from emotion? Words like happy, glum, anxious, pensive, etc. seem to apply equally to both and clearly, the two are very closely linked.

I'm not very attuned to bodily sensations (although I'm getting better at it) but state of mind is a bigger preoccupation, I guess. On the other hand, so are emotions and I'm very focused on actions as well, in the sense that I know I've got to do them even if I can't actually muster up the strength and initiative to start immediately. This is typically a big source of anxiety for me.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quoted from Wikisocion.
    It's a little too succinct but what it implies is what I agree with. Rationals have unstable perceptions of the spirit(N) and body(S), while Irrationals have unstable perceptions of mind(T) and emotions(F).
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    It's a little too succinct but what it implies is what I agree with. Rationals have unstable perceptions of the spirit(N) and body(S), while Irrationals have unstable perceptions of mind(T) and emotions(F).
    Unstable in what sense?

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unstable in what sense?
    Unstable in that such processes are subjected to the unconscious and therefore manifest themselves primitively and without a high degree of management or understanding.

Highly suggestible and susceptible to influence.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Unstable in that such processes are subjected to the unconscious and therefore manifest themselves primitively and without a high degree of management or understanding.

Highly suggestible and susceptible to influence.
    Hmm. Well, in that case, I think it's easier to control what I think and what I do than to monitor what I take in and what emotions it triggers in me. I enjoy the creativity and playfulness of intuition and I love how it makes me feel but I can't just turn it on like a tap.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast