Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Welcome FDG

I've decided you're ESFp (and that you always have been).

This does not mean you are stupid or bad at math or economics.

Good day.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Err, thank you for welcoming me in the right quadra
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Err, thank you for welcoming me in the right quadra
    Oh, this had nothing to do with what quadra you thought you were part of. This was my own decision between Beta and Gamma.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, yeah, I mean, thank you for at least welcoming me in the right quadra.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, yeah, I mean, thank you for at least welcoming me in the right quadra.
    You're welcome. Now please familiarize yourself with your particular assortment of information elements:

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    You're welcome. Now please familiarize yourself with your particular assortment of information elements:

If that was my true type, I wouldn't need to familiarize.

Anyway, I find this highly annoying to be honest.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that was my true type, I wouldn't need to familiarize.

Anyway, I find this highly annoying to be honest.
    What I find annoying is your pretending to be ENTj. u shud stoppit.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does FDG and rationality mix?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I find annoying is your pretending to be ENTj. u shud stoppit.
    I'm not pretending, it's just the way it is...I can't pretend something so obvious. But anyway, it's pointless.

Does FDG and rationality mix?
    What's against rationality in my lifestyle?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to react strongly against any sort of judgment. But I don't know much about your lifestyle, other than you're a college student and avid biker. I was more asking you if you really thought you'd get along well with rationals, as opposed to irrationals. Or, if you'd get along with an ISFj, in terms of their rationality, but you have said that you have been in a lot of relationships with that type, if I remember correctly.

So you definitely see yourself as more rational than irrational, yes?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

udp makes a very insightful point; fdg is thoroughly against judging others-- at least on the internet. i think this is a big element of his personality.
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG is an ENTj. Accept that fact.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    udp makes a very insightful point; fdg is thoroughly against judging others-- at least on the internet. i think this is a big element of his personality.
    No he's not.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and rationality, uhm, I do tend to plan things out a bit, but irrationals do it too to an extent, I suppose. That's not a strong point at all.
    I've never deviated from a given "path" so to speak (ex. in school-career matters), which is usually said to be a characteristic of NJ's. This could be a better point, given that ET is not being questioned I think.
    I also don't think I tend to become revved up when the deadline is approaching...I prefer to rationally distribute what I have to do in order to always be tranquil.
    And yeah UDP, all of my longest time friends are ISFjs (or ENTjs), one ISTp, not much else. INTps? I've known some, I've known some INTp girls too. Very cool and smart, I've seen them operating and having doubts in relationships though, and I couldn't see how I could give them what I wanted, given that I tend to have similar doubts (typical of thinking types - actually, the fact that I'm a thinking type is something incredibly obvious, much more than the fact that I'm a judging type)

Still, probably all of these are rather weak arguments, given that P-J is a somewhat blurry dichotomy for all types except the creative sensing ones.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    FDG is an ENTj. Accept that fact.
    Well, I'm convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never deviated from a given "path" so to speak (ex. in school-career matters), which is usually said to be a characteristic of NJ's.
    Heh, if that's the case, there is no way I am NJ

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not. (At least not that I've heard of or observed.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my case (yes, this is contrived, but all type arguments must be):

You talk about being active, exercising, doing what you want, being free, etc., in an Se-leading way, giving the impression that you bounce off the walls from activity to activity, trying to find outlets for all your energy. This is mainly a stereotypical observation, but it's one I've made to myself enough times that I think it deserves mentioning.

Arguing skills: You either put up limited, half-assed defenses, and then usually back out surreptitiously without word, or you get defensive, lose your temper and resort to pure, hilarious insults (e.g., calling Joy an "absolute bitch" -- LOL) to make it clear what you think of the person for making you uncomfortable. Strong Fi and Ti PoLR. A logical type would be much less inclined to make the kinds of ultimatums you make, and would be more receptive than you tend to be. For example, you tend to keep it private when you process information until you've come to "the" conclusion, and instead of presenting these conclusions comfortably and dynamically, you mentally build them into complete "products" and seem very uncomfortable sharing your reasoning, (like saying, "Why would I argue about something so obvious", even though it's clear you're not confident at all in your conclusions) preferring to stonewall instead, as the "product" is absolute and not something you can dynamically alter with any deal of comfort. ESTps and ENTjs are usually comfortable sharing their reasoning and the logical steps they've taken. You seem to try to at times, but only with subjects you've spent a lot of time with, and even then it's in a rigid, limited capacity. It's an ESFp feeling as though an outside critique is actually a hostile attempt at imposing "rules" on them.

You respond well to my Se harassment, like when I make fun of Italians for consuming 25 lbs of pasta and meatballs daily. I think you naturally see the silliness and harmlessness of it and it doesn't really bother you because you don't see it as an attempt to belittle you personally.

I think you show Ne Role in how you are so obviously uncomfortable with this "new" idea I'm presenting here, like you're not really sure if it can be "trusted," saying it's annoying. You do this with Joy all the time, basically dismissing her based on the "fact" that she's insane and can't be trusted because of how uncomfortable she makes you with all the things she says.

So in closing, go fuck an INTp.
    Last edited by discojoe; 06-21-2008 at 10:10 PM.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my case (yes, this is contrived, but all type arguments must be):

You talk about being active, exercising, doing what you want, being free, etc., in an Se-leading way, giving the impression that you bounce off the walls from activity to activity, trying to find outlets for all your energy. This is mainly a stereotypical observation, but it's one I've made to myself enough times that I think it deserves mentioning.

Arguing skills: You either put up limited, half-assed defenses, and then usually back out surreptitiously without word, or you get defensive, lose your temper and resort to pure, hilarious insults (e.g., calling Joy an "absolute bitch" -- LOL) to make it clear what you think of the person for making you uncomfortable. Strong Fi and Ti PoLR. A logical type would be much less inclined to make the kinds of ultimatums you make, and would be more receptive than you tend to be. For example, you tend to keep it private when you process information until you've come to "the" conclusion, and instead of presenting these conclusions comfortably and dynamically, you mentally build them into complete "products" and seem very uncomfortable sharing your reasoning, (like saying, "Why would I argue about something so obvious", even though it's clear you're not confident at all in your conclusions) preferring to stonewall instead, as the "product" is absolute and not something you can dynamically alter with any deal of comfort. ESTps and ENTjs are usually comfortable sharing their reasoning and the logical steps they've taken. You seem to try to at times, but only with subjects you've spent a lot of time with, and even then it's in a rigid, limited capacity. It's an ESFp feeling as though an outside critique is actually a hostile attempt at imposing "rules" on them.

You respond well to my Se harassment, like when I make fun of Italians for consuming 25 lbs of pasta and meatballs daily. I think you naturally see the silliness and harmlessness of it and it doesn't really bother you because you don't see it as an attempt to belittle you personally.

I think you show Ne Role in how you are so obviously uncomfortable with this "new" idea I'm presenting here, like you're not really sure if it can be "trusted," saying it annoys. You do this with Joy all the time, basically dismissing her based on the "fact" that she's insane and can't be trusted because of how uncomfortable she makes you with all the things she say.

So in closing, go fuck an INTp.
    *STANDING OVATION*

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example, you tend to keep it private when you process information until you've come to "the" conclusion, and instead of presenting these conclusions comfortably and dynamically, you mentally build them into complete "products" and seem very uncomfortable sharing your reasoning, (like saying, "Why would I argue about something so obvious", even though it's clear you're not confident at all in your conclusions) preferring to stonewall instead, as the "product" is absolute and not something you can dynamically alter with any deal of comfort.
    So Phaedrus has a Ti PoLR now, too? Because he does the same shit (except in a less EP way).

I think you show Ne Role in how you are so obviously uncomfortable with this "new" idea I'm presenting here, like you're not really sure if it can be "trusted," saying it's annoying.
    His not being LIE is not a "new" idea. The SEE typing is not a "new" idea, either. (And this isn't even how people typically use their Roles, either.)

You do this with Joy all the time, basically dismissing her based on the "fact" that she's insane and can't be trusted because of how uncomfortable she makes you with all the things she says.
    You're suggesting that I make him uncomfortable using Ne?

I don't think his reactions to me should be a basis for typing him (not that that's what you're doing), but if we were going to try to find functional reasons for the problems he has with me, it's quite clear from my perspective that it's a Te/Fi vs. Fe/Ti clash. He "attacks" me the same exact way and criticizes me for the same exact things that other Fe/Ti types here have in the past.

And if you take me out of the equation when trying to determine if he's Fe/Ti or Fi/Te, it's still clear that he values Ti. When he praises someone's logic, it's generally Ti logic (and generally from a Ti type).
    Last edited by Joy; 06-22-2008 at 01:42 AM.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you said about how he criticizes people for being "cold" is a good point, and the relationship between us could very well be supervision, but I'm still not sure. Maybe I need to better understand the ISFj>ESTp relationship before I can be sure of his Ti abilities.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say that it's somewhat doubtful for an ESTp to prefer gamma-delta mixed company over beta company - something that happens all the time IRL.
    However, unfortunately it seems like what a person says about his-her IRL relations and behavior isn't taken into account.
    I also find somewhat strage that people can "know" what the other person is "thinking about". How come you think that I perceive your attempt at changing my mind as an attempt at imposing rules? Couldn't it be that I simply perceive it to go against all the evidence I see under my eyes every day, for example?
    We can also notice that even if I tend to attack Joy on the same grounds other Ti-Fe types have attacked her in the past, there is no other Te-Fi types with whom I get along as badly as her. So, perhaps it is worth considering our relationship as an outlier and thus leave it out of the analysis.

By the way, at this moment in time, I cannot really feel any pressure on a possible Fi PoLR from discojoe. It seems like most of his arguments aren't based on this, either, so I'd trust his perception more than the perception of an outside observer.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say that it's somewhat doubtful for an ESTp to prefer gamma-delta mixed company over beta company - something that happens all the time IRL.
    However, unfortunately it seems like what a person says about his-her IRL relations and behavior isn't taken into account.
    We have no way of actually knowing what any of their types are.

So, perhaps it is worth considering our relationship as an outlier and thus leave it out of the analysis.
    I agree.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    We have no way of actually knowing what any of their types are.
    Yes, you have my word, and that should be enough.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your word is rubbish and should be discarded, you blatant non-ENTj.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, phaedrus.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your word is rubbish and should be discarded, you blatant non-ENTj.
    It may be rubbish, but it's definitely more than zero information.

Okay, phaedrus.
    Well, given that the alternative is you giving a judgement on a phenomena you've never witnessed...it seems that my rubbish words would still be better.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be rubbish, but it's definitely more than zero information.
    Which, by your logic, should be "more than enough".

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which, by your logic, should be "more than enough".
    It's definitely better than zero, that's all. Since I don't think you've followed me to watch me interact with other people on a daily basis, then there's really no other option rather than take my word for it on the matter.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except with Elena, since we've interacted with and observed her.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but you haven't observed Fabio interacting with her. Not in any meaningful way, anyways.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I disagree with SEE, but, well, it would be pretty pointless to argue that your observations of Fabio's behavior are more relevant/meaningful than his own. You could argue his understanding of the theory, but that's kind of a dead end.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Except with Elena, since we've interacted with and observed her.
    You've also observed me interacting with her?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we disagree on her type, then observing (and even agreeing about) your relation with her will lead us to different probable types for you.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this thread needs to be let go before it disintegrates even further.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It certainly isn't going anywhere productive. Did anyone ever think it would though?
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, FDG. Have fun with your pretend type and the rationalization behind it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and rationality, uhm, I do tend to plan things out a bit, but irrationals do it too to an extent, I suppose. That's not a strong point at all.
    I've never deviated from a given "path" so to speak (ex. in school-career matters), which is usually said to be a characteristic of NJ's. This could be a better point, given that ET is not being questioned I think.
    I also don't think I tend to become revved up when the deadline is approaching...I prefer to rationally distribute what I have to do in order to always be tranquil.
    And yeah UDP, all of my longest time friends are ISFjs (or ENTjs), one ISTp, not much else. INTps? I've known some, I've known some INTp girls too. Very cool and smart, I've seen them operating and having doubts in relationships though, and I couldn't see how I could give them what I wanted, given that I tend to have similar doubts (typical of thinking types - actually, the fact that I'm a thinking type is something incredibly obvious, much more than the fact that I'm a judging type)

Still, probably all of these are rather weak arguments, given that P-J is a somewhat blurry dichotomy for all types except the creative sensing ones.
    just give up now. i doubt you'll ever convince anyone here that you're something other than Se-EP.
    Last edited by implied; 06-24-2008 at 09:41 PM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    just give up now. i doubt you'll ever convince anyone here that you're not something other than Se-EP.
    It's very unfortunate that so many people willingly persist in being wrong, but alas, it's not my choice.

(yes, sometimes I purposefully imitate phaedrus)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast