TIM
    shitting razorblades
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vi my ex? SLI or ILI

This post has been removed.
    Last edited by Encrustacean; 03-13-2015 at 04:33 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI imo. Doesn't look ILI at all.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Also, it could be argued that cpig is SLI ftr
    I wouldn't be surprised.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks a lot like my ILI uncle but also a lot like my EII childhood friend so I'm not sure. I can also see why people are saying SLI.

i don't remember cpig looking like this at all. friend is edward norton's and chuck palahniuk's baby.very rascalishhhh

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Does he find Ne annoying? Although I try to be nice to everyone, those bubbly personas who never stop talking due to their energetic ramblings can become grating after a short while and I have to escape to recharge.

He can still use Ne, especially through humor or endearment, while at the same time preferring Ni over Ne.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI>ILI by looks only.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think she posted one pic of the guy before ... SLI, not ILI.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

SLI by pictures

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's an S type. Based on that pic I can't tell and I would need more to be sure but the following stand out as possible SEE, SEI, SLI.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI final
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's Te-ILI or Te-SLI, just don't know which. Photos at link below.

I've given a lot of thought to his type; stuff like SEE is pretty outlandish... based on behavior, he's almost certainly IXTx (LSI and LII are remote possibilities; I guess if he were ethical I could see EII but... still think he's probably XLI-Te)

We went out/cohabited for 3+ years but we fought a lot too... some of our fights were like 5 hours long. I could see gamma or delta qualities in him... his sense of humor was kinda dark and gamma-ish, but then he had behavior I thought was sorta Ne-DS, or something (like, his pet-name for me was "Mr. Babies".......hrmm.)

so yep. it's driving me nuts cuz I can't type him. tell me what you think.

http://imgur.com/a/wRQMi
    Idk how gamma NTs are victimy, but he didn't seem like that at all, he seemed a little more hands-off delta-flavored caregiver, possibly slightly infantile. but damn if he didn't have stereotypical "gamma quadra values"... like he liked his job because it was profitable in the long run; he liked settling problems right fucking then and there; I guess he had an NT-ish interest in politics (moreso than I ever had); he thought valentine's day was the worst thing ever and criticized it endlessly (I told him to shut up I think)

My worst fights that could go on for hours and sometimes days and reach literal breaking point, as in things were broken, were with an ILI. hahah Um I bolded things that sound just like him. He did not usually confront things right away though. This guy would plot his ultimate revenge. Sometimes he took his revenge on others but most of the time I could talk him down. His revenge was not physical. It was coldly calculated to fuck the person's life that he believed wronged him, in the hardest, worst way possible. Thinking back he was probably the most diabolical person I have known, next to me.

I got him to celebrate valentine's with me like 2 times just to prove that I could. I am not into it either but he was so anti-valentines and anti-marriage that I wanted to teach him a lesson. He ended up proposing to me on my birthday one year because I think he was afraid of losing me but he used the pretense that it was so I would have health insurance, so romantic. I got two engagement rings from him during the time we were together but we never dared talk about really going through with it or making any kind of plans. Guess it was all his way of staking claim to me without the full commitment and I was cool with that. I even stopped wearing the rings within weeks of getting them and he never cared or mentioned it.

I won't attempt to type him but I will send you a pic of my ex and you can see what you think. He is like a textbook ILI by description but of course has his own unique flavor. We got along really well too. Like when the fights stopped we started to debate without anger but it took a good part of 3 years to get there. In a way when the fighting stopped we kind of grew apart though because we spent all our time pursuing our own interests and even though we lived together we would im and email each other instead of talking, toward the end. :/

He hated working and anything to do with working unless it brought a lot of money. His family was rich though and he did not have to work for most of our relationship since his parents helped us out a lot while he attended various universities. I was always moving somewhere with him to follow his interests while he made me quit my job cause he was so jealous and possessive of anything he considered "his". He did not like to share anything he owned, with anyone but me. He was an only child so that could be the reason for that. We were together 24/7 for several years with limited contact with others since he hated socializing more than I did. I lost contact with most of my friends and family for a good part of our relationship but all in all very worth the experience.

Edit: one other thing I remember is he seemed to have absolutely no traditional morals but the thought of someone hurting an animal made him very outraged, especially if it was his cat. The only time I saw him cry was when his cat died. He didn't even cry when his dad died.

#ramblingon
    Last edited by Aylen; 03-11-2015 at 06:43 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

damn lol. nah this guy was pretty straight with things; a lot of your ex's stuff sounds more like me than like him. cool though

Aylen, I'm lonely, take me back to beta *reaches out a longing hand in yo direction*

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the looks-like-SLI camp.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

That sounds so good on my new headphones!

YWIMW

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither SLI nor ILI. SLE. he seems pretty emotionally expressive -- smiling, making faces, etc. I think of Fe-PoLR types as being blank and expressionless for the most part. calm, quiet, unflappable, etc.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any type can smile for photographs or when they're happy.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    Any type can smile for photographs or when they're happy.
    Yeah, I knew this was coming. Look, I didn't say "he smiles therefore not Fe-PoLR". I said he seems too emotionally expressive to be xLI. Not only is he smiling in several of these pictures, his smile is bright, cheerful, and expressive. He isn't just moving his lips into place. He's also making a face in one of the pictures. I feel like a Fe-PoLR would regard that as awkward.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is interesting; I had wondered about the same photo (though thought it might be an Ne-DS playfulness thing, idk). Have trouble seeing him as SLE or any Ep type, though I did type him LSI ages ago before I joined the forum. Still, beta seems wrong. Why not EII? I'm curious how you would VI the chick in those photos, too.
    Spider don't wanna get in the middle of this, just wanted to say that ILI's and SLI's can most certainly smile brightfully (sp?), cheerfully and expressively. Not claiming he's definitely SLI though...

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the request of this thread is to VI your ex, but no one here knows him better than you do. I personally find VI best if there's a lot of moods and expressions to choose from. In all of these pictures, he's clearly happy, but it feels like a very incomplete picture. That's why, in this case, I don't see VI as effective.

Also, VI is best combined with an idea of his strengths, weaknesses, behavior, how you as well as others perceived him without trying to bring socionics into it. In other words, supplying a more human representation than trying to explain a human being with a system. Then can the system be better applied once a clearer image is presented.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is interesting; I had wondered about the same photo (though thought it might be an Ne-DS playfulness thing, idk).
    I dont see making funny faces as something Ne-valuing types are more likely to do. I dont think Ne really has anything to do with silliness or spontaneity. honestly, I feel like that stuff has more to do with Fe, which I see as carefree emotional expression. like when people randomly start singing off-key together, or when they start jokingly dancing in public, or making funny faces, or smiling bright and big for the camera, or pretending to be really mad and yelling at each other, I think they're engaging their Fe.

Have trouble seeing him as SLE or any Ep type
    why?

Still, beta seems wrong.
    why?

Why not EII?
    because he seems masculine and extroverted, not delicate and meek. because he seems to be connected to and at ease with his physical environment, not detached from and apprehensive about it. he seems comfortable in his space. in one of the photos, you're leaning over while he's driving and in doing so you're invading his space, and he doesnt seem to be bothered by it at all.

I'm probably reading way too much into this and I'll probably look back on this and wonder what the hell I was thinking, but at the moment this is how I feel.

I'm curious how you would VI the chick in those photos, too.
    to be honest its hard to say. I was thinking maybe SEI, IEI, or even LSI, but I really have no idea. ESI seems like a possibility too but that wouldnt make much sense if he really were SLE. I take it the chick is you? I'm curious, what would you guys fight about? conversely, what did you agree on?

also, I've got a couple pictures of someone who I think is ILI. I've known him since we were both in kindergarten, so basically since 1994. he got a degree in electrical engineering from the university of michigan and was always taking the highest level math classes when we were growing up. this is him smiling:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so he took the test and got a fairly strong result for SLE. I stand corrected!
    lol well as nice as it is to feel validated, I wouldnt put too much stock in it. if I saw the same pictures nowadays I'd probably type him something completely different. not to mention the fact that socionics tests suck. anyway, what's the status on ur self-typing??

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to figure it out here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...logy?p=1113575

I think I have Fe in block 1 or 4, so most people say EIE or ILI. I don't know what my type is yet.
    whatever happened to ur type me video? I recall watching it and thinking ILE was a possibility

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently most types are a possibility for me. I may put another video but I think the thread is more helpful, if anyone contributes
    lol yeah, some people are just perplexing to type and it seems you're one of them.