Thread: Type me, vol. 2

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me, vol. 2

Hi, I am making this thread again. The last time, you gave me pretty good feedback, I thank you for that, but you gave different types and functions to think about and I am still not totally sure of I am type. I was thinking about how I use the different functions and came up with descriptions, that might help... I'll appreciate your feedback guys.

Te : I don't think I am very good at spotting, or creating effectivity. To be honest, I don't really care whether the things are effective, or ineffective, I think Imuch more care about abstract ideas and theories and much less about their real life application. I like to talk about the possibilities of an usage,but I usually let others to make things real and apply them in external environment. I am bad at creating productive orders, or systems as I am much more concerned whether the things are interesting, than whether the things are effective. I enjoy searching for information and learning. I put a great pride in my knowledge and am confident in sharing my observations and opinions. I feel confident when it comes to my intellect and usually am not afraid of intellectual argues, I also enjoy intellectual topics and debates where I can show my knowledge and share it with others.
    Fe : I recognize and follow social norms and external ethical rules, but I perceive them more as a tool of good functioning society, than something really important. I see them as useful for surviving within the society and avoiding conflict. I usually adapt to emotional needs and expectations of people around, but I sometimes have problems to fit in the group. I usually mention my personal space and I prefer to stand outside a little bit, even though when it's needed I adapt and join group activities, but I do not particularly search for them and rather work alone. I am aware of emotional atmosphere around me, I am sensitive to it, but I usually do not know how to externally react on such things and it usually makes me feel silly and a bit insecure. I notice how others behave and try to behave around them, to be a pleasant company for others. However I am not initiating the convos and wait for others to come and talk to me. Most of all I notice who within the group is similar to me, who do I personally like the most and then usually I bound with that one special person. When I find a person like that, I tend to completly withdrawn from the group without feeling any need to join the group activities. I like to talk about my emotions, but I do not like to directly express them (I can tell you I feel sad, but I'd never cry infront of you). I also don't enjoy too emotionally tensive situations and rather than expressing what I feel with cry, or laud laugh, I tend to completly withdraw. I also do not feel the need to manipulate with anyone's emotions, however when someone feels bad I like to cheer the person up with some light-heated jokes. With people I don't know well, I am rather more formal and mention a distance from them.
    Se : My awareness of the environment is very poor. I am not good at immediate reactions and I often hesitate, I feel uncomfortable, when I have to decide, or act immediately and don't have time to think things through a bit. It takes me time to notice changes in external environment. I know I am physically very uncoordinated and weak. I've always hated most of the sports. I keep a deep hatred for aggression and violence, also any kind of conflicts. In a situations when I am forced to use physical strengths, I feel insecure and try to avoid them. I also avoid direct confrontation and try to mention tolerant and peaceful atmosphere.
    Ne : I love to elaborate on hidden meanings, metaphors and possible ideas in work, or events. I very much enjoy art for it metaphorical and indirect forms of its communicating, I like to search for the essence, the core of people, objects, happenings. I very much understand the motivations and the hidden reasons behind an action, or a statement. I enjoy like-minded people with whom I can elaborate and explore new and different possibilities and explanations. I always ask why? What's it meaning? I love to brainstorm , I love to debate. I enjoy and appreciate new and original ideas and always try to stay open to novelty and differences. I also like to create my own creative work, write poetry, or novels and enjoy using metaphors. I tend to go toward non traditional and a maybe a bit "weird" . I search for freedom to be able to explore all the possibilities in life.
    Ti : I like to search for the system by which things work, how they work and why they work, but I am not good with structure, or concrete logical data. When I think, I can think in order, I like to put things in categories and I am highly aware of the hidden connections between the systems and objects and I like to explore them. I like to elaborate on things and analyze them. I like to work with abstract concepts, or systems, BUT the systems and concepts I like to work with are highly people oriented such as psychology, or sociology and I am not particularly interested in numbers, or datas. I like philosophy, but it's always more in a concept of words, than numbers. I have an interest in science, because it can be mind provoking, but I dislike too strict systems. What I need, is to be able to come up with my own explanation, my own understanding, that is not limited by a system, or a structure, but is logically consistent with it. However, when I am facing numbers, or strict logical data, they just feel cold to me. I am excited when I can think, analyze and elaborate, but in a terms of words and phylosophy. I like to create and explore my own definitions. But I am really weak in math or chemistry.
    Fi : I am aware of social hierarchy and very sensitive on feelings of sympathy and antipathy. My feelings of personal like or dislike of people are very strong and I am more or less led by them in most of social situations. I appreciate kindness and humanitarianism and try to live by them, usually I admire people who do charity and try to help others. I have a deep understanding of fake and real feelings, depth and shallowness and I usually despise people whom I see as fake, or shallow. I am highly aware of my inner feelings, I am moody and I am usually led by my moods. However, I don't see myself as "ethical". I am an idealist, with high standards, but my ideals and goals are not by far ethical. They are aesthetic, creative and goal-oriented. They have nothing to do with ethics... For example I have an ideal of style and look, that I try to reach and look for it in others to feel inspired. I value people who are creative, original and aren't afraid of being themselves and I know what I want from life, I know I want to be an artist and to be creative myself, but I don't really think about whether I am good, or bad. As long as I feel personally satisfeid and in harmony with those ideals I just mentioned, I feel happy. I don't even believe there's an evil, or a good...that's so black and white. I think everyone is different and everyone should have the right to be his own self and live the life that is right for them. I rather avoid doing ethical judgements.
    Si : I am very sensitive on feelings of physical comfort and coziness. I can very much enjoy good drink, good food and good atmosphere of a place. I like to feel physical relaxed and cool. I notice how things were before and how are they now and I often like to relive the past moments, when I felt good again. I like to revisit my favorite places and I often remember such thing as a smell of a place. For example "This place smells like my favorite restaurant". However I am not very detail oriented, I do not notice patterns, or colors and I usually prefer to stick to my favorite small color palette I like. I try to lead more healthy life and am interested in for example healthy food, but I often don't stick to such routines. I have actually bad healthy habits, even though I try to change them. For example, I have a terrible sleeping routine, I rarely fall asleep before 4 am.
    Ni : I notice how things were before, I notice the patterns of history and I enjoy forecasting , but I often fail to notice every details of the possible outcomes so I often need someone else to remind me of them. I am good at noticing symbols and their meaning, I am good at noticing patterns. I enjoy the play with the magical and abstract, however I don't take it very seriously. I am not very good when it comes to time management. I have very vivid imagination and rich internal world. I very much enjoy to daydream and usually daydream at the expense of the actual work. I like to fantasize and to create my own happening inside of my head. I often get so lost in my own imagination, that I can forget about the real world.
    Last edited by huiheiwufhawriuhg; 12-22-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hardly anyone is keen on typing strangers like this by functions ....man.

Genuine spontaneous interaction can bring you more X-mas gifts , you know ...

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of the typing is done by the functions, I just chose a different approach and because I already know the basis of the cognition, I decided to rather describe my approach to them, then answering questionnaire.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you're kind of boring .

don't you have hot pics ..?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sei based on your Si response.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Sei based on your Si response.
    Could you please elaborate it a bit more?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    I'll type a response when I'm not being watched by mr appropriatness of external actions and behavior judge
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    Ne : I love to elaborate on hidden meanings, metaphors and possible ideas in work, or events. I very much enjoy art for it metaphorical and indirect forms of its communicating, I like to search for the essence, the core of people, objects, happenings. I very much understand the motivations and the hidden reasons behind an action, or a statement. I enjoy like-minded people with whom I can elaborate and explore new and different possibilities and explanations. I always ask why? What's it meaning? I love to brainstorm , I love to debate. I enjoy and appreciate new and original ideas and always try to stay open to novelty and differences. I also like to create my own creative work, write poetry, or novels and enjoy using metaphors. I tend to go toward non traditional and a maybe a bit "weird" . I search for freedom to be able to explore all the possibilities in life.
    I feel like I am putting you on the spot here but do you understand or get a sense of the motivation or hidden reason that you were offered an SEI typing by Maritsa? I was going to offer up a statement of my own for you to intuit but seeing she already made one... I am mostly curious since I think I often understand people's underlying motivations too but I feel like I process it all through Ni instead of Ne. I do tend to hold back sharing, most of the time, in case I am wrong and sometimes people won't even acknowledge when you are right so feedback is not always reliable. As long as I keep stuff to myself I am never wrong.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Imuch more care about abstract ideas and theories and much less about their real life application.
    I am much more concerned whether the things are interesting, than whether the things are effective.
    I like to search for the essence, the core of people, objects, happenings.
    I enjoy and appreciate new and original ideas and always try to stay open to novelty and differences
    Ne-ego or Ne-valuing seems possible.

However I am not initiating the convos and wait for others to come and talk to me.

sounds like you might lean more toward Distant on the Contact/Distant dichotomy.

I like to talk about my emotions, but I do not like to directly express them (I can tell you I feel sad, but I'd never cry infront of you). I also don't enjoy too emotionally tensive situations and rather than expressing what I feel with cry, or laud laugh, I tend to completly withdraw.
    why don't you like to express your emotions? if people are singing and dancing, will you join in? what do you think about the following video:

would you appreciate that, or would it annoy you?

I keep a deep hatred for aggression and violence, also any kind of conflicts. In a situations when I am forced to use physical strengths, I feel insecure and try to avoid them. I also avoid direct confrontation and try to mention tolerant and peaceful atmosphere.
    do you appreciate directness in others? what about physical strength?

When I think, I can think in order
    can you elaborate on this a bit?

What I need, is to be able to come up with my own explanation, my own understanding, that is not limited by a system, or a structure, but is logically consistent with it. However, when I am facing numbers, or strict logical data, they just feel cold to me.
    do you value logical consistency? if you unknowingly made a logical error, would you want someone to point it out? do you appreciate it when people correct your faulty reasoning?

My feelings of personal like or dislike of people are very strong and I am more or less led by them in most of social situations.
    I am highly aware of my inner feelings, I am moody and I am usually led by my moods.
    you definitely sound like an Ethical type. your awareness of your inner feelings might indicate Fi-ego. whatever the case, I don't think you're Fi-ignoring.

my ideals and goals are not by far ethical. They are aesthetic, creative and goal-oriented.
    can you explain what you mean by "goal-oriented"?

I value people who are creative, original and aren't afraid of being themselves
    whatever your type, I think it's possible you're a Harmonizing subtype. the Harmonizing subtype dualizes with the Creative subtype, which you could describe as "creative" (obviously), "original", and "unafraid of being themselves".

I like to revisit my favorite places and I often remember such thing as a smell of a place.
    might you be a Constructivist?
    For the constructivist emotional "anchors" are important (connected to a certain place, book, movie, etc.) which resonate with their internal emotional condition. With the help of such anchors, they hold onto or strengthen their inner emotional state. They are inclined to re-reed a book or to visit the same place again just to go through the emotions connected with that place.

I do not notice patterns, or colors and I usually prefer to stick to my favorite small color palette I like.
    could this be 1D Se?
    Since one-dimensional functions are invariant with respect to norms, situation and time parameters, information processing by these functions possesses a nature that is personal, idiosyncratic, sometimes inadequate (from the point of view of the observer).

I try to lead more healthy life and am interested in for example healthy food, but I often don't stick to such routines. I have actually bad healthy habits, even though I try to change them.
    might this be Si-role?
    People are generally somewhat aware of this suppression and perceive it as a personal weakness that needs to be "worked on" in order to meet other people's expectations and achieve something in society. It is typical for people to periodically work on their role function in order to correct imbalances in their life and improve their weak areas. However, these attempts are generally sporadic and are forgotten as soon as the perceived problem begins to go away and the person once again becomes carried away with their usual lifestyle which is dominated by their base function.

I enjoy the play with the magical and abstract, however I don't take it very seriously.
    what do you mean by "magical and abstract"? could you give some concrete examples?

I am not very good when it comes to time management.
    I very much enjoy to daydream and usually daydream at the expense of the actual work.
    this sounds like weak, unvalued Te.

overall, IEI and EII seem like the best two possibilities. SEI also seems somewhat possible.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse View Post
    Remember the power of that song the first time you heard it as a child in a crowded old movie theatre?
    Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba [Here comes a lion, Father]
    Sithi uhm ingonyama [Oh yes, it's a lion]
    Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
    Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
    Ingonyama
    Siyo Nqoba [We're going to conquer]
    Ingonyama
    Ingonyama nengw' enamabala [A lion and a leopard come to this open place]

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen What I wrote about Si, how I am sensitive to feeling of physical comfort and like to search for the things like good food, good drink, or how I remember smell of the places and like to revisit my favorite spots might sound like an Si lead, however I was wondering if Maritsa read the whole thing, because then I turned into describing how I am bad at managing healthy habits and have for example bad sleeping routine, which I think an Si lead wouldn't have a problem with, so I was just wondering what are her arguments for putting the Si as my dominant function.
    @heavynurse
    sounds like you might lean more toward Distant on the Contact/Distant dichotomy.
    Yes, I do relate to distant dichtonomy more.
    why don't you like to express your emotions? if people are singing and dancing, will you join in? what do you think about the following video:
    I often afraid, that my emotions are too weird and others wouldn't understand, or would reject me for my feelings. I appreciate when people do things together, such as the singing in the video, I like concerts where the whole crowd is singing one song, but I hesitate to join. I usually feel the tension that tells me to join, but usually it also makes me feel a bit insecure and unsure whether it's right to join, when is it right to join, how is it right to join... I often feel like I'd join in the most inappropriate moment and it would be awkward so rather don't join at all.
    do you appreciate directness in others? what about physical strength?
    I don't really appreciate directness in others, I prefer if others are also more reticent. Physical strength is the worst... I have none and I don't even feel like it's important to be physically strong, strong mind matters much more.
    can you elaborate on this a bit?
    When I think, I think in order... when I have to explain something, or analyze something, I know how to connect one thing with another, I know where one topic begins and the other starts, I know how to point out on similarities between two different topics and it's easy for me to logically describe and define different issues in a verbal form, using words. I very much enjoy writing and I like to analyze and elaborate on topics, that need your own insight and explanation of your own opinion.
    do you value logical consistency? if you unknowingly made a logical error, would you want someone to point it out? do you appreciate it when people correct your faulty reasoning?
    I do value logical consistency, I like when people around me are analytical and critical and I value when I can debate with other people. I like to brainstorm, so if someone gives me good arguments about why I am wrong, I appreciate it, but the thing is, the arguments have to make sense to my own logic at first. If someone uses data, that I personally don't agree with, or aren't explained in a way I'd understand, I tend to radically reject them and continue the argue in arrogant and stubborn way, putting the other person's logic down.
    can you explain what you mean by "goal-oriented"?
    I am not a hard-working type, I am rather a dreamer, than a doer, but I do know exactly what I want from life, what are my talents and my strengths and I strive to use my full potential, only I am bad at reaching this in real life.
    what do you mean by "magical and abstract"? could you give some concrete examples?
    I enjoy hidden symbols and metaphors in books and movies, when you have to search for the author's idea between the lines and the pictures. I enjoy abstract ideas, that doesn't have to have any real life application and I like to talk about them, just for the sake of the idea itself. I also enjoy symbols in culture, music, spirituality, society etc... I do enjoy things like astrology, or tarot, but I do them more for fun, I don't really believe they are real, I just like to play with such an idea of supernatural.
    @waceyI remember how I felt when I first heard this song! I had shivers all over my body and wet eyes and I felt excited inside.