Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Strong Functions of Arctures

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Strong Functions of Arctures

I want to figure out how to make polls. Looks like it works.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arctures/Galen looks like the actor Jonathan Brandis (Seaquest) and Shawn Michaels (WWE).
    Last edited by 1981slater; 07-27-2010 at 05:35 PM.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-female

Creepy-female

Creepy-female

Hahah there it worked

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh fuck people posted in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Arctures/Galen looks like the actor Jonathan Brandis (Seaquest) and Shawn Michaels (WWE).
    But both of them look ENTp to me

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just noticed that someone other than Ephemeros put me as Se. Who be that, and why?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twas Ssmall.

Creepy-male

And me. You seem to have pretty good control of your surroundings when you want to.

Remember scolding me on Stickam? Yeah.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    And me. You seem to have pretty good control of your surroundings when you want to.

Remember scolding me on Stickam? Yeah.
    Se valuers aren't the only types who can get angry at people

But seriously, I lose shit all the time. I generally don't pay that much attention to my immediate physical surroundings, and when I do it's more for the aesthetic nature of what I'm looking at.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Idk about 'functions', but you seem very contradictory to me, or something. You're mature yet childish, assertive yet passive, loving yet hating. Though you're not conflicted. I am more conflicted. Somehow you 'smoothly carry' all these contradictions around within you, whereas I strive more to reach for the pure answer.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Se valuers aren't the only types who can get angry at people

But seriously, I lose shit all the time. I generally don't pay that much attention to my immediate physical surroundings, and when I do it's more for the aesthetic nature of what I'm looking at.
    Haha, it wasn't the getting angry. I associate having a measure of command over your surroundings as being Se creative (as opposed to people like SEEs who want to be the center of attention at all times and make sure there's never any risk of them ever not being it, ever). Se super-egos seem IME to prefer to just quietly disengage (though I have seen a few LIIs go completely krakatoa, which is always really shocking, but relatively ineffectual).

E6 seems a lot more compatible with ESI than IEE, too, fwiw. But then we have users like ann, who self-types as IEE 6 (I think?)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entirely on the basis of instinct and not based on anything I know about you, I voted Si. You have this air of reserved earthiness about you. Your behavior is just never volatile and usually not unpredictable, but at the same time not in any way rigid like in an IxFj type. I don't really see a lot of signs of Fi or Ne in anything of what you do. Base Ne in particular is very hard to see even if I try. The comparison with people like slater, archon and ephemeros is just impossible to take off the ground. I hope I may assume ENTps and ENFps have at least something in common that isn't that hard to perceive.

Now, this isn't a direct affront to your self-typing. I've been around long enough to know socionics has a way of panning out in surprising ways and I wouldn't be shocked if this was another case of it. I'm just letting you know my perspective on the issue.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, I think I voted this quite some time ago? At least I only vaguely remember doing it.

Either way I voted Se, because your interactions and the way you present yourself is a bit different from IEE's I know and more in line with ESI or Ashtons version of SEE (modest, shy type of SEE). You feel much more grounded and less airy than most intuitives here, that alone does not mean you cant be a Ne type but I lean more towards Gamma for you. Either way imo you are a Fi type and I have little doubt about that part. So maybe your IEE Fi but you might aswell be SEE Fi or ESI Fi. My impressions of you though have changed slightly from the time I voted.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, it wasn't the getting angry. I associate having a measure of command over your surroundings as being Se creative (as opposed to people like SEEs who want to be the center of attention at all times and make sure there's never any risk of them ever not being it, ever). Se super-egos seem IME to prefer to just quietly disengage (though I have seen a few LIIs go completely krakatoa, which is always really shocking, but relatively ineffectual).
    Oh so wait, you're saying I'm ISFj?

E6 seems a lot more compatible with ESI than IEE, too, fwiw. But then we have users like ann, who self-types as IEE 6 (I think?)
    Last I recall she types 7w6. Even so, E6 doesn't seem at all unlikely for ENFp, even though the stereotype for IEE is akin to a bouncy puppy dog who loves to be around people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Heh, I think I voted this quite some time ago? At least I only vaguely remember doing it.

Either way I voted Se, because your interactions and the way you present yourself is a bit different from IEE's I know and more in line with ESI or Ashtons version of SEE (modest, shy type of SEE). You feel much more grounded and less airy than most intuitives here, that alone does not mean you cant be a Ne type but I lean more towards Gamma for you. Either way imo you are a Fi type and I have little doubt about that part. So maybe your IEE Fi but you might aswell be SEE Fi or ESI Fi. My impressions of you though have changed slightly from the time I voted.
    I'd imagine that being E6 would play into this somehow? Several Gamma SFs on here (as typed by Ashton) are also E6, so some sort of connection could be drawn in that respect. That said, I don't feel that great of a likeness between myself and other ENFps on here, although this is probably due to me being both a guy and 6w5.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Entirely on the basis of instinct and not based on anything I know about you, I voted Si. You have this air of reserved earthiness about you. Your behavior is just never volatile and usually not unpredictable, but at the same time not in any way rigid like in an IxFj type. I don't really see a lot of signs of Fi or Ne in anything of what you do. Base Ne in particular is very hard to see even if I try. The comparison with people like slater, archon and ephemeros is just impossible to take off the ground. I hope I may assume ENTps and ENFps have at least something in common that isn't that hard to perceive.
    If you've seen my physical reactions to having full-blown arguments with people on here (gulanzon, maritsa), you'll see that I cam definitely capable of being volitile.

Also those aforementioned ENTps are Ti sub, which may play a slight part in it? Not sure.

Now, this isn't a direct affront to your self-typing. I've been around long enough to know socionics has a way of panning out in surprising ways and I wouldn't be shocked if this was another case of it. I'm just letting you know my perspective on the issue.
    I'm not at all offended lol. I didn't think you were attacking me, you're just giving your view on the issue.

Creepy-male

Oh so wait, you're saying I'm ISFj?
    Well, I'm not saying it. It's just an alternate typing for you I consider.

Last I recall she types 7w6. Even so, E6 doesn't seem at all unlikely for ENFp, even though the stereotype for IEE is akin to a bouncy puppy dog who loves to be around people.
    Fair enough. I wasn't actually saying that E6 was necessarily bad for IEE, just that it and ESI seem like a very close match, if you know what I'm saying? If not, I wouldn't worry about it, it was really just an idle observation on my part.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. I wasn't actually saying that E6 was necessarily bad for IEE, just that it and ESI seem like a very close match, if you know what I'm saying? If not, I wouldn't worry about it, it was really just an idle observation on my part.
    Well the stereotype for ISFjs is E6s I suppose. I see what you're getting at though (I think?)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd imagine that being E6 would play into this somehow? Several Gamma SFs on here (as typed by Ashton) are also E6, so some sort of connection could be drawn in that respect. That said, I don't feel that great of a likeness between myself and other ENFps on here, although this is probably due to me being both a guy and 6w5.
    Well I used to feel more likeness myself earlier on, with users like tiny_dancer etc.. Now it seems to be too, how to say it, diverse in terms of IEE's representing the type. As for type 6 then I dont see why any type wouldnt be able to be 6, to me its the most frequent type and at least theoretically can apply to any type of person.

If you've seen my physical reactions to having full-blown arguments with people on here (gulanzon, maritsa), you'll see that I cam definitely capable of being volitile.
    I can sometimes snap, sometimes without good reason and it is something that im usually sorry for. However I wouldnt call myself volatile lol . Sounds so volatile.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I used to feel more likeness myself earlier on, with users like tiny_dancer etc.. Now it seems to be too, how to say it, diverse in terms of IEE's representing the type.
    Yeah, the census of people on here should be clear enough indication that any type is going to have a lot of diversity within it. Still, I do find that the ENFps on here share similar patterns of thinking/philosophies that I agree with.

I still think it's amazing and hilarious how many people voted Fi hahaha

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think it's amazing and hilarious how many people voted Fi hahaha
    For me it seems to be a battle between Ne and Cake..

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it seems to be a battle between Ne and Cake..
    People always vote for the joke answer.

unless you are actually strong in cake
    in which case I could totally go for some
    thanks in advance
    :3

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, I do think you're similar to user Ssmall, to name just one person. At the same time I don't think you're very similar to Consentingadult and Kim (both have a much stronger Fi moral core, sometimes even lecturing people a bit) or Anndeliese (much more wacky and Ne'ishly chaotic).

I've known it to be a problem in socionics in general that people of the same type can be extremely different, though.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, I do think you're similar to user Ssmall, to name just one person.
    We do seem fairly similar in terms of how we communicate on here. There have to be more male ENFps on here for better judgment.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find both you and SSmall to be somewhat subdued but friendly, which I think is a good thing. It reminds me of a good irl friend. Possibly type related, haha what do I know i'm just posting stuff by the looks of things.